• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Will you still play this

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    So the next gane is out in 17 days will you drop this game to play the new one or will you play both

Years
    • Online now
    I stopped playing after the story. After finishing Sword, I was ready to move onto another game.

It was akin to most Final Fantasy games for me. Fun enough for the story, but didn't engage me enough to do any extra.

Years
  • I stopped playing after the story. After finishing Sword, I was ready to move onto another game.

It was akin to most Final Fantasy games for me. Fun enough for the story, but didn't engage me enough to do any extra.

I never beat Sword at all, so am doing so before years end. So far yeah I plan to stop after the story too.

Years
    • Online now
    I never beat Sword at all, so am doing so before years end. So far yeah I plan to stop after the story too.

Sword was the only version I played. I like the dragon quest franchise more, when dq11 definitive released pokemon got pushed to the wayside for me.

Years
  • i think what i'm going to end up doing is, assuming HOME is compatible with bdsp, transfer some of my 'mons over and not really bother touching shield again for the most part. it's been a nice journey, but it's time to look for greener pastures. c:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Much like others, Shield was a game that was just... not executed well. It is the first game that took me over a month to finish the story because I just lost interest in it. After, I didn't play it. I played the game more when Isle of Armor came out and about the same with Tundra. I enjoyed the DLC far more than the base game. So yeah, I will probably quit playing Pokemon Shield. While I will keep the game, unlike Let's Go, I don't plan to play it again unless I just want to replay the game which I am certain will be less than any other pokemon games.

I used to shiny hunt a lot more, as well as breed, but I just can't be bothered in Shield.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I'm definitely going to keep playing, mostly for the online battling and shiny collecting. Those make up pretty much all my endgame activities.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah, I'm skipping BDSP this year, so I'll still be firmly seated in Shield. Besides, I've got unfinished business!

Years
  • I definitely plan to complete Crown Tundra sometime, even if it's after BDSP's release! Just doesn't feel right to let it sit, especially since I paid for this DLC. Just need the energy to actually finish and not get too distracted by things like Animal Crossing. :sadwick:

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    i only got sword recently will finish it but still pick up other 2 for when i complete the dex

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I really wanna finish all expansion passes in sword and shield before moving on, since it's a gen4 remake I don't want to left out what SWSH have to offer

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I occasionally play through the Crown Tundra / Dynamax Adventure to hunt for shinies. I still need to finish the Isle of Armor DLC.

Either way, I will still play Shield to trade over 'mons to BDSP through Pokemon Home. I hope it's possible beginning on day one because I want to try Pokemon I haven't used before. I have not been keeping up with the news so I am unsure of what Pokemon are available early-game, if it's different from Diamond/Pearl.

Years
  • if i'm in the mood for a pokémon game i'll open up shield and play it, do some 5 star raids, and just wander around seeing how i can fill the pokédex, but that's about it

i'll probably do the same with bdsp

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Even after BDSP releases, I still will be playing SwSh from time to time. This is especially considering the main competitive scene will remain there, and I would like to see how BDSP shakes it up when it comes to compatibility.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I have caught up so much on Shield version. It's an alright Pokemon game, but not nearly the best. I will continue playing it just as well any other Pokemon game. I don't put down any Pokemon game that easily. I will end up going back for a day or two for old jobs what I used to do in that generation. Trading might even happen when I complete BD/SP or during the post game. Who knows. It all depends. :)
    Happy adventures!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I stopped playing after the story. After finishing Sword, I was ready to move onto another game.

I was so exhausted by all the flaws of the game after finishing the Pokédex that I didn't play Pokémon for a year after lol.
    Luckily I regained my love for it lol, even made my own romhack.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I might? Right now, I am just not interested in picking up Shield again. I'll go back eventually. Atm, I just feel like I don't have anything to do, so I've stopped and only touch Pokemon Unite and Pokemon Cafe Remix until BDSP are out/I can buy them.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I've beaten Sword and I do want to play Shield but I haven't been able to get my hands on it.
    It's still so expensive without the cost of the expansion pass.

If I manage to get Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl for Christmas however that will take precedence.

Back