• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Will you use the Red Gyarados?

Will you use your Red Gyarados?

• Yes

Votes: 102 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 42 19.6%
  • Gonna trade it

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
Years
  • I think the value of a Red Gyarados will go down once the English version comes out because now they'll be extremely easy to get now.

I'll catch it and will probably just keep it in my box.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    For the first time, yes. I'll probably SR until I get a decent nature, trade to Platinum, EV train, then trade back. =]

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Yes. It has good stats for a Gyarados, and once I capture it with an Adamant Nature, I'll be unstoppable lol. Plus, It looks cool in general, okay?
    O_o; Just a little heads up, the Red Gyarados captured in the game has the same stats as any other Gyarados, shiny or not. As for myself, I do plan on capturing Gyarados, but with a Jolly nature as it's attack stats are pretty stable with a base of 125, but with a lacking speed base of only 81, it'll need the Jolly nature to aid in it's lacking field.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    yup imma train mines to lv 100, Gyrados is a very strong water type, and due to the fact its shiny, its even RARER
    But everyone will have one who plays the game and captures it. It's not like trying to find a shiny that isn't programmed into the game's storyline to be 100% shiny. So it's not really rarer because it's shiny.

I'm not going to use mine. I used Gyarados way too much when I was younger (it was my main water type on my Blue team), and am now in the "let's use underused Pokemon yay!" way of playing. And since Gyara is a OU, mine's just going to sit in a PC box.

Unless I get back into the competitive battling world. In which case, I'll be soft resetting and EV training it.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I may or may not. Last time, I used it until I made it to the next Pokemon Center, then it spent the rest of the game in the PC. You know, it would be cool if a Crystal Onix appeared. (I know, it was just something from the anime, but still)

Years
  • Maybe. Probably won't use it during the storyline though; I'm having enough trouble trying to narrow my in-game team down to 6 without trying to fit in Gyarados, lmao.

Too bad you have to battle it to continue the story. I'd rather wait until later when I'm not in a rush and can take the time to SR for a good one. If it's good enough, it might get to see the Battle Frontier.

EDIT: And maybe I'll try to get a picture of it, though I don't see a commemorative photo for the Lake of Rage, or even Mahogany town for that matter. :/

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I probably won't use it right away as the encounter is far enough into the game that I've already established a team that I'm attatched to and that I want to go all the way with. Once I beat Red and all that I'm sure I will train it up, though.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I don't plan to use it in my main team. I'm already having a hard enough time deciding between using Lapras or Vaporeon as the water type on my team. If I have the patience, I'll probably soft reset over and over until I get a Jolly or Adamant nature and then EV train it for competitive battling.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • I probably will use it for the sake of an HM slave, just like in Gold. ... Ontop of that it's the only shiny I've ever caught, so it makes me happy just using it. ^^;

KairiHearts

Keyblade Wielder.I'm a Boy!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    I sure as heck would!He or she would make a great addition to my team!

Back