• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter 2015] Tokyo Ghoul √A (Who thought of square root?)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Square root of A is the best grade

Synopsis

Season 1:
    The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.

Information

Type: TV
    Episodes: 12
    Aired: Jan 4, 2015 to ?
    Producers: Studio Pierrot, FUNimation EntertainmentL
    Genres: Action, Mystery, Drama, Horror, Supernatural, Psychological, Seinen
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Now, wonder how the butchering will end up.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Tokyo Ghoul √4 would've still been better, come on now pierrot. :/

either way, I heard the original creator, mangaka, is responsible for the story this time around. he's directly involved. it can't be worse than the first season anyway.

plus its shiro kaneki we're starting off with. that can only be a good thing. :D

Years
    Jeez, I wanted to create this one lol.

As a big fan of the manga I expect a lot from Ishida. Since he will be helping with the story, I hope that's at least it's ok. I'm kinda happy that they are going anime original, since they kinda fucked up the first season. But
    Spoiler:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    My body is ready for badass shiro Kaneki xD

I don't read the manga, but I know the gist of it and I'm still quite excited to see what this anime original season is going to be like.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I just go the BD for the previous season. It was a really stupid adaptation so I am not expecting anything in particular.

I should read the manga instead of watching this shit lol.

Skip Class

Years
    First episodes out! What are peoples first impressions?

The OP was okay, but Unravel still takes the cake for me:

I kinda liked the ending though:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    The name is actually a pun.

Root A → Route A → Side A

Just like any other show with multiple parts to the story.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    The name is actually a pun.

Root A → Route A → Side A

Just like any other show with multiple parts to the story.

Oh, this makes sense. Kind of obscure I think.

Anyway, this first episode was good. It would have been better if it the last episode of last season though. Interested to see how this differs from the manga. The OP is good, it's not to overly dramatic or dynamic, which fits this kind of anime. The ED is great IMO.

Anyway, can't wait for next ep.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'll be honest, one of my buds kind of hyped me up for this ep - saying stuff like its amazing and all. But I ended up thinking it was really...meh. I don't know, nothing impressed me. Not the OP, nor the episode itself - nothing.

The english song at the end and ED were nice, though. Either way, I've heard manga readers on mal say that the decision Kaneki takes at the end of this episode is stupid and goes against everything the character stood for. I'm inclined to agree with them but after all that the guy went through and his personality change, I kind of anticipated some large-scale changes in the way he moves forward as a character - where he goes, you know? But yeah, since apparently the "manga" decision is better AND since it looks like it'll go a TOTALLY different route, I'll read the manga now.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Oh wow, I didn't even know that it was picking back up this soon. The OP isn't as musically amazing as previous one. Visually though, it is beautiful. ED has a pleasant beat and an interesting art style. I'll have to watch the first episode tomorrow after class.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Honestly I wasn't that impressed with or into the first season, so the second wasn't anything different than that. I'll still be watching this, though, as I'm curious to see where this goes plus one of my friends is obsessed with it; she'll be telling me all about it anyway. xD

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
    I'm excited for this~
    I have not read nor familiarized myself with the manga so I am just essentially along for the anime ride... and I love where it's headed. As far as the opening and ending goes, I may be more in love with last season's but I do enjoy the ones from this season too. The opening is pretty artsy too ^_^

Also I am in love with Ayota. 100%. Kaneki is a lot cooler now too~

Years
    Pretty meh. Knew it would go anime original, but still pretty meh. I found an early spoiler and knew what Kaneki would do, got kinda hyped about it. But they made it so boring, 1 and a half(since the later half of episode 1 was kinda interesting) episodes wasted. I hope this "what if" series gets better. I highly doubt it tho.

Skip Class

Years
    This last episode was merely a setup for the next episode, so I hope there's at least something interesting on the next.

I'm curious to how the whole Akira and Amon thing is going to work out. Liking the whole onesided rivalry is between her and Seidou.

Though I like how he still brews the coffee, still remembering his life back at Anteiku.

Back