• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trade

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • You all know what Wonder Trade is. Wonder Trade is basically trading with a random person from anywhere in the world, and it has been a thing in Pokemon games since X/Y. (But it's not in LG/PE, I hear.)

What do you think of Wonder Trade? What was the most recent Pokemon you received from a Wonder Trade?

I remember getting a lot of Magikarps in Gen 6 Wonder Trade. :') And level 1 starters I had already fully evolved, ugh. But I've gotten shinies like a shiny Fennekin there, once!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Love the wonder trade, tend to do a lot of it so can't remember the last pokemon I got off the top of my head, got some real good gems off of it and a good few shinny, I think my whole squad on alpha sapphire was from wonder trading as soon as I could, now that you get experience for catching pokemon I just tend to catch as much as I can and trade them until I get a decent one

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love Wonder Trade! Gotten a few neat things from it, one of my highlights being a shiny lv. 100 Bisharp. \o/ Though it's been so long since I've done it that I can't remember what I got last haha.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I didn't start Wonder Trading until Ultra Moon, but now I'm hooked on it. I pretty much always go to the Thrifty Megamart and grab some Haunters to send out - not much, but personally I'd be thrilled if I received a trade-evolver, so...(I used to give them nicknames to make it more special, but I've fallen out of the habit - if anyone here got a Haunter named Zephyr or Mirage, that was probably me!)

Some of the more memorable things I've gotten are a shiny Hawlucha (I don't think it was hacked, because it had spotty IVs), a Zygarde named Dynasty, a female Armaldo, and a Ralts in a Dream Ball.
    In terms of weird nicknames (which we all know are half the fun of Wonder Trade), I've gotten a Buneary named Playboy, a Yungoos named SOOGNUY (I ain't even mad), and, my personal favorite, an Oranguru named Depression. (Like, maybe I should find that offensive, but psyduck it - I love her and want to teach her Frustration and have her hold Black Sludge. :,D)

MargatroidCA

Puppeteer of the Hail
    Years
  • Wonder trading is fun! Sure you might end up getting a bunch of random trash most of the time, but every now and then something cool pops up and that's always fun to experience. Plus I get to (hopefully) make someone's day occasionally by trading away some cool things like rare 'mons with decent IVs and moves and stuff. :3

It's been ages since I traded though, so I don't remember much of what I got anymore. ^^;;

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I loooove Wonder Trade! I remember spending a lot of time trying to put some good Pokemon into the system since 99% of the time it was trash. I know my contributions were just a drop in the bucket but I like to think I made someone happy with a genuinely good Jolly Torchic or Adamant Marill or something. <3

Years
  • Even though I very rarely (if ever) use any Pokemon that I get through Wonder Trade, it's still been one of my favorite additions to the online aspect of the series.

I always try to give away at least somewhat decent Pokemon on there, and on a few occasions, I've actually Wonder Trades away certain Pokemon with items (like Delibird around Christmas), just for fun.

Years
  • i love wonder trade! its so fun and sometimes you get pokemon with a cool/funny name or shinies or something. i think it was a really neat addition to the series. its hard to remember most of the cool pokemon i got through it, but i do remember getting a level 1 shiny bulbasaur which was really cool especially since i love bulbasaur!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • wonder trading is super fun. i used to just level up the stuff i got off wonder trade that wasn't very good (like you know how people just send off bunnelby, zigzagoon, fletchling, etc) like. i'd just go fully evolve them and send them on their merry way, even if all i got was another bunnelby in return. idk i feel like at the very least, sending those common evolutions could help someone's dex bc you often times don't even think to go back and get the stuff from the first few routes rip.

anyway, i've gotten my fair share of gems off there. some shinies, some legendaries, some apriball mons, pokemon i needed for my dex, trade evolvers like pumpkaboo. it's a great time sink and also a great way to send away pokemon you've stockpiled while doing masuda method for shinies. gives someone else a good start to trying to masuda for their own.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My favourite mechanic. I got some neat Pokémon back in 2014/2015. Protean Froakie that I was looking for at the time and bunch of version exclusives. I even got Xerneas for the dex completion through it. Also got few of those hacked "something.tv" shiny Pokémon, but I released them right after.

Every time I complete a run on any of the Gen VI and VII games I wondertrade my whole team + legendaries I got in the story.

Years
  • I used to Wonder Trade a bit a few years back, but I stopped doing it because I thought I wasn't getting anything worthwhile. Except that one time I got an (obviously) hacked shiny Moltres through WT. That was quite a giggle and a half.

I genuinely want to try to do WTing again out of curiosity and seeing what happens. :o

Sirfetch’d

I don't remember my most recent get from wonder trade but I do have fond memories of using it, especially in XY where it was a shiny new toy. In fact I've done several wonder trade challenges in the past where I'd only use Pokemon I received from wonder trading. I do hope it continues to be a thing!

Years
  • I haven't really done much wonder trading lately, but I used to use it a lot back in Gen 6. I remember getting a level 100 shiny Probopass in ORAS, which was pretty cool!

Back