• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious World War III

Years
    Hello guys, time for some serious matter, As you guys know about the raising tensions between Many countries especially Armenia and Azerbaijan and also India China border dispute. I am not supporting anyone's side but, I would like to know about your opinion that what would be the bad result if World War III Broke out??
    Plz reply as soon as possible.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Tbh Economy will go Broke and not only that Covid is still a thing.......well i mean It's GG

pkmin3033

If WWIII happens it'll be a nuclear war and it will almost certainly decimate all life on this planet - if the initial blast doesn't kill you, the radiation will.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Tbh Economy will go Broke and not only that Covid is still a thing.......well i mean It's GG
    A crash of the economy is usually one of the causes for war. The economy is down, social unrest happens, extremist activists take over and bloodshed ensues.

Incidentally, the economy actually benefits greatly from war. Take the weapon industry: those extremists need weapons for they endeavor, so weapon sellers provide them with those. The war starts and people find they need to protect themselves. So what do they do? They buy weapons. Where do they get them from? The same people who sold the weapons that are threatening them.

But it is true that certain branches of the industry will go down. An example would be the entertainment industry.
    If WWIII happens it'll be a nuclear war and it will almost certainly decimate all life on this planet - if the initial blast doesn't kill you, the radiation will.
    "I don't know what the 3rd world war will be fought with, but the fourth one will be fought with sticks and stones" (some guy who did something with "relativity")

However, I don't know if I fully agree with your sentiment. Yes, it is true that leaders of dictatorships love to show their "strength" by threatening everyone with their instant death button. But at the end of the day nobody wants a nuke on their head. If they start using a nuke, others will respond in kind. Dictators are cowards who want the rule and not the responsibilities that come with it.

People also have found other ways already to cause chaos: cyber terrorism. With technology being such an important part in our life and it getting more and more important by the day, if something where to happen it would throw us into quite the disarray. And at least a couple blackouts don't cause the environment to become uninhabitable for thousands of years.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2020
    man I also think that ww3 is close to us.

Not just about money and economics..
    Almost all people are mentally weak, so they need to release their anger into something (for example, WAR)

But the main question is - For how long the ww3 will last?
    I think that is possible to destory the Earth for a couple of days.

Years
    • Online now
    I believe it would just end up being a nuclear exchange.

Someone mentioned most leaders being too cowardly, however the nukes would probably happen towards the end. When one losing country has nothing left to lose, especially a superpower, it becomes very feasible.

The cold war was between two superpowers, this wasn't even a conventional war and it almost went nuclear.

Now take every superpower, multiple nations with capability of launching nuclear weapons, all at odds with each-other. It almost sounds impossible that it wouldn't turn this way.

Years
    The planet would be decimated, in short. Even if you don't die right away, radiation sickness will fix that eventually.

For my personal take on this, I think who's actually allowed to run for leadership of an entire country should be more strict. Trump is nothing short of incompetent and he has no education (the validity of Trump University is debated) he runs the US like a spoiled child and if he wins, he'll surely damage the country in a way that will take decades to fix.
    Also, blatant racists/sexist/literal sexual abusers should not even qualify.

It's the citizens, millions of people who suffer from a few people's decisions. Of course money means more than lives to the mega rich but what does their money matter if there's no earth?

I can only hope that a war doesn't happen, the UN seems somewhat helpful for this but I agree that tensions these days seem more severe.

pkmin3033

"I don't know what the 3rd world war will be fought with, but the fourth one will be fought with sticks and stones" (some guy who did something with "relativity")

However, I don't know if I fully agree with your sentiment. Yes, it is true that leaders of dictatorships love to show their "strength" by threatening everyone with their instant death button. But at the end of the day nobody wants a nuke on their head. If they start using a nuke, others will respond in kind. Dictators are cowards who want the rule and not the responsibilities that come with it.

You have a lot more faith in humanity than I do, then. All it takes is one person to set off a chain reaction of these things...or one person to end it, depending on where the battle lines are drawn. I realise there is a huge difference between words and action, but war is not the best of times. If we're officially in a World War, do you really think Trump or Kim, as two very prominent and highly volatile examples, will show any kind of restraint? I would argue that they would be required to fire missiles in a wartime setting to display that "strength" and justify the people's faith in them. War is when threats stop being threats and start becoming action.

Nobody wants to start launching nukes after the last time, but nobody really wants a war either, and the quickest way to end a war is to just obliterate the opposition before they obliterate you. I would say the threat of a nuclear war is what stops World War III from becoming a reality - otherwise the US would have gone to war with North Korea and China at least by now - but if we've already moved past that point and are in World War III, the gloves are going to come off. Someone will do it because they'll be afraid that either a) someone else will do it first, or b) they'll be removed from office for someone who will, because that will be what the majority of the population want.

The repercussions will be enormous, but it'll all get swept under the rug like everything always does. They'll have wiped out hundreds of thousands of enemy combatants, and in a few days/weeks there will be "evidence" that the enemy had planned to do exactly the same thing, whether that would be true or not. People only care about results, and the end result will be that the war will probably be over and they'll still be alive. I think as a species we've more than demonstrated by this point that the environment is a secondary concern to our own wellbeing, so the consequences of launching nuclear missiles would be a problem for the next generation to figure out.

If we're assuming that neither Trump nor Kim are in power I still don't think it makes much difference - North Korea are essentially still in a World War II state of mind, and that won't change anytime soon. Russia and China will always be objects of suspicion to the West as well for various reasons: Russia is already engaging in cyber terrorism to some extent (to what extent depends on how big a threat you believe Russia is, because they are keeping quiet about it to bolster their reputation as a world power) and China has the largest military force in the world, amongst other things.

tl;dr I don't think you can really apply peacetime logic to a wartime setting, because only in the complete absence of logic and reason - and sanity in general - can war really happen. Because we've seen the kind of destruction and tragedy that war can cause, and we all know that another war would be far more devastating because of the advances in science and technology.

Years
    Russia I can understand because of the cyber threats, which I wonder why they are doing?
    As for China, they haven't really done anything to us, however they are ruthless in trying to lay claim to land that isn't theirs. Google South China Sea disputes. The same could be said of Russia and Crimea.

In the end, war feeds the wealthy, not the weak.

Last edited:
    Years
    Russia I can understand because of the cyber threats and also the fact that Putin literally kills any competition for leadership of the country. I honestly feel so bad for Russian citizens.
    As for China, they haven't really done anything to us, however they are ruthless in trying to lay claim to land that isn't theirs. Google South China Sea disputes. The same could be said of Russia and Crimea.

In the end, war feeds the wealthy, not the weak.

China's Many Disputes

We should also not forget about India. She is also a nuclear power and China has border disputes with her too. Google LAC, Even US is supporting India but there is no result. I do not know what is China trying to prove?? Not only this but Japan, Australia, Taiwan are also against China. What do you think which countries would be on one side and on other side??

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    You have a lot more faith in humanity than I do, then.
    It has little to do with having faith. Humanity has this particularly tenacious side when it comes to the survival instinct.

The nihilist inside me actually really wants to agree with you. But less for the learned helplessness that is ailing the conscience of modern people's minds; it's more for a sort of distorted revenge. Making people suffer for all the suffering that I felt throughout my life. An insane maniac dropping a massive nuke to set the world ablaze, make them feel the crushing reality and despair I perceived throughout my life.

But that would be unfair to those who try to make the world a better place. Why should I depress those who found their meaning in bringing positivity? Just to beg for attention due to my own incapabilities, if anything?

Whatever may happen when a war breaks out: while some depressed beings will hide and give up on life, others will risk their lives so that those can live.

sorry for rambling

Years
    World War 3 will happen its just a matter of when and I have my eyes on Europe and the Middle East. Why those locations you might be wondering. As someone who's favorite movies are Christian movies that take place during what Christians call the tribulation period and my favorite book in the bible being Revelations, I do think world war 3 will take place during this time when the church is practicly non existent during this period of 7 years. It will lead to the final battle what is called the battle of Armageddon which takes place in the middle of the middle East around Israel. If you are not a Christian you might call this silly, but I think world war 3 really is just around the corner and I think it will not be long until what Christians call the rapture happens.

That is my thoughts on world war 3, and I'm not saying you have to believe that, but it is something to think about if you are a Christian.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
    We are* already in a world war, but in different way - This statement will definitely open up your perception on several topics.
    If there will be an upcoming "world war", I believe It'll be more about depopulating the planet, rather than a political conflict as we traditionally know.
    I could go further but dude, tl;dr.

I think that is possible to destroy the Earth for a couple of days.
    The earth existed for millions of years. It was bombarded by massive meteors, high levels of ocean floods, severe ice age, hyper radiations, tectonic vibrations, explosive volcanos, etc.

The planet will continue to serve it purpose until the end of the times. WE, in the other hand, will perish. It's the human habitat what will be destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    The Moon literally collided with the Earth and the Earth is all good, we are just a parasite feeding off of our host until we fuck ourselves into extinction.

Back