• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst experience with cheaters?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Sometimes, people use cheated Pokemon in fights or trade over hacked mons.

What's the worst experience you've ever had with a cheater?

I remember when I was a kid, I battled another kid in Pokemon Diamond, and they had a hacked Spiritomb with Wonder Guard. I never said anything, or I don't recall saying anything, but this particular thing is something that sticks out to me. =/

Please don't ever battle someone with hacked Pokemon, it's really unfair. Play with them in your game, only.

Also, one time I got a shiny Victini on Wonder Trade. While that's cool and all, I know I'd get banned if I sent it over to newer Pokemon games, so I'm now considering this a sour experience since this Victini is clearly hacked.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Long story short: Someone hacked the Gen VII GTS so that looking up any Pokémon will lock up the entire console. Only Wonder Trade and direct trades work. It absolutely sucks.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Long story short: Someone hacked the Gen VII GTS so that looking up any Pokémon will lock up the entire console. Only Wonder Trade and direct trades work. It absolutely sucks.

What the fuck? That's disgusting.

How could someone do something like that not to a single person, but an entire community? Gross. I know Nintendo definitely won't fix it, either.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    What the fuck? That's disgusting.

How could someone do something like that not to a single person, but an entire community? Gross. I know Nintendo definitely won't fix it, either.

Yeah. Just look up either "AdventrSnivy" or "Japan.Kebuju" on Google. It wasn't just one person, it was two separate lone hackers. And the latter in particular has generated so many bugged trades, it's screwed up practically the entire GTS. I concur with you on not expecting a fix from GF to this problem either, given that the Gen VII games no longer have official support.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Seconds what Vielleroue posted. Blocks most GTS trades, but not all. Forgets why precisely. Might crash upon loading the hacker's trainer photo. Sidesteps this by narrowing the search criteria. Advises avoiding level 1-10. Should be able to complete trades with tons of Pokemon listed (such as Haunter). Scrolled through a lot of Haunters before finding the hacker and crashing.

Years
    I don't play competitive, but I've seen a bunch of hacked website mons during my Wonder/Surprise Trade adventures >.>
    I just delete release them.

Years
    I was quite the hacker back in the day. I had (basically) an action replay for Diamond, and I used those websites where you can make your own battle-ready Pokemon. I've also gotten plenty of clearly hacked Pokemon from the GTS, like a shiny locked Victini or those ones that Twitch streamers give away on wonder trade. Because I used the cheats so much in Diamond (my first game) I guess I was desensitized to hacked Pokemon and such. I don't use hacks anymore, but I still do use some of those hacked mons (mostly for the PWT in White 2)

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I don't really do online, so outside of the usual website hacked shinies in SwSh, I've never really had too much trouble with hackers.

Back