• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

worst injury?

Hercules

divine hero
Years
  • Tripped on a rock, fell, and broke my right arm while chasing my little sister on the beach. It took her a few minutes to find mom and dad (who were at a coconut stand a few yards away). Everything's cool now, though.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've never broken a bone, thank god. I've still gotten some pretty bad injuries though. In second grade, me and my friends decided to have a huge game of Marco Polo. Basically we were playing on a concrete surface and I was in. After about five minutes of walking around, I managed to trip over a bench and hit my head on the floor. I remember there being some blood but overall, I just had to get a load of bandages and rest up for a week. Although it kind of sucked, could of been worse right?

The second one that comes to mind was when we decided to have a race down a sandy hill. Not the best idea. I managed to get halfway down and then went sliding. I still have the huge scar on my knee to prove it as well. All in all though, I can say that I'm pretty lucky. I haven't ever gotten stitches or fractured bones so for that, I'm glad. XD

Years
  • I have had a lot of sports injuries in football and rugby, ranging from a twisted ankle to my knee nearly being snapped by being forced in the opposite direction in which it is meant to bend.

But I think my most painful injury was getting a slipped disc in my back. It was my lowest disc in my spine and I have never felt pain like that before. The disc had slipped and was catching a nerve that lead down into my leg (which was the back of my leg). So, any time I moved, it felt like I was being stabbed in the back of my leg and a knife was being run up and down it. I was crippled for days, but still went to work (where I was told to go instantly home! XD). I managed to do it again about a year later ;-;. So, I am always extra careful with my back, but by God, I have never felt pain like sciatic pain before.​

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • When I was in daycare I had gotten hurt badly. There was this backroom where all of our blankets were stored for nap time. This one time I was back there and I went to turn on the light. And in doing so, my finger got caught in the metal doors and almost broke it.

2 years ago I had fallen down the stairs and fractured my second smallest toe. It was really bad since as soon as it happened I had to leave to go to the store. xD So I was limping real badly there.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Bqck in 2008, just started to do parkour and I thought I was already a master in it. I was also 15 years old. We can agree that that's when we do a lot of dumb stuffs, right?
    Anyhow, I tried to jump over a roof but at the last moment I hesitated and didn't give myself enough momentum and fell between the two buildings. I hit a tree and I hit the first branch, broke my ribs, hit the 2nd branch, broke my wrist, hit the 3rd branch, snapped my leg and finally hit the ground in whoch I landed on my head and my back. It so horribly painful.

Years
  • I had part of my finger ripped/crushed off by a machine at work a year and a half ago. Doctor removed my fingernail/nail bed with a pair of pliers to sew through it. :>

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Sprained my knee years back, but with permanent damage. Tore a muscle, and now humidity loves me as much as my stomach loves heartburn. Best thing is that I did this while falling down a flight of stairs, not breaking any bones whatsoever, and actually limping home with it.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    lets see, when i was a kid i punched though many glass windows & walls with my bare fists at multiple occasions, i got whacked in the back with a metal chair by my own teacher(but to be fair, i did throw his own computer monitor at his head), and jumping off a 2 1/2 story roof, multiple fights... i could go on but i did a lot of crazy stuff before i entered high school.
    after i got with my ex i had to deal with her temper tantrums. she lost her car keys & started flipping out & went and picked up the couch slammed it down, it bounced off the wall with my cat in the middle, at that point i saw the cat lying in a twisted shape with blood all over, jumped over to protect him as she slammed the couch into my back. she ran over, realized what she did in her rage & started crying. we both thought he was dead, till he straighten himself out. it took a couple days but he healed up. anyway after all the crap i've had thrown at me, i somehow have yet to break a single bone in my body, the biggest injury i've had is a sprained ankle

Years
  • Mine would probably have to be one of the freakiest and most dangerous.

A few years back I accidentally cut my forehead on a door and I had blood spitting out of the deep cut that was left as a result. In fact, I had to be emergency rushed to hospital and undergo stitches to stop the bleeding and it left a thick scar there where the cut was.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    My worst injury was back in 2008-ish. My junior year in high school. I was playing basketball & I failed to catch the ball, bent my right index finger as far back as it could. After that, I couldn't move it as it was doing nothing but pointing at ya. It only remained that way for a week. Yeah, my body's been intact 100% aside from that. Woot, woot!

Years
  • My only hospital visit was shortly before summer this past year. I was playing road hockey with friends, and I was on a partial-breakaway, but I lost my footing (or tripped on a rock or something), and I fell pretty hard. Being a bigger guy, gravity welcomed me like a rainstorm in a desert.

I fell on my arms first, so that's what took the brunt of the damage. On top of a scraped knee and a bruised ego, I sprained my right arm at the elbow, and two fingers on my left hand, being my ring and pinky fingers. A splint on one hand, and a sling for the other arm, for 6 weeks. Ughhh.

I DID learn to play Rockband on Expert Guitar with two fingers, though, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • Three years ago, I fell down the stairs at school and broke my lower leg. The crack was extremely painful, and I had to stay in a wheelchair for more than a month.

I don't know if anyone's had this happened to them, but when I was fourteen I cracked one of my teeth from a fall. Luckily they were able to save my tooth. But the pain was awful - I couldn't eat solid food until a week after it was fixed.

Years
  • I was at work last year and I bent down to grab something and smacked my knee cap off the concrete. An hour later I pivoted on the same leg and dislocated and relocated my knee cap in a matter of seconds. I've had surgery on it and now having surgery on my left knee on Thursday to make sure the same thing doesn't happen.

Years
  • I have sprained both my ankles before in the past while on my high school track and field team. That's about it though, no serious injuries as of yet which is good!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Fell on some big pointy rocks and broke my arm when I was really young.
    When I wrestled for school, almost bit my tongue off 3-4 times. There were teeth marks on my tongue, made my mother freak out.
    Almost broke my thumb.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I had stitches when I was younger for busting my chin up pretty badly at a train station. I don't remember the details.

A few years ago, I broke my big toe. I think that was my worst injury, which is kind of lame. It certainly was the hardest injury to deal with, since I had a very hard tim walking and functioning properly. How it happened was even lamer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    I can only remember 3 equally bad injuries,the first one was way back in the fourth grade,I was being an amateur Tony hawks and broke my wrist. The other didn't damage any bones or anything major but was extremely agonising I had lots of muscle tissue in my arm knotted up after a .50 cal rifle kickback incident.
    My final equally painful injury was a rifle kicking back against my forehead,swelling,lots of blood and I had a bad concussion etc

Back