• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

worst injury?

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
    Disclaimer: if you're squeamish about injury stories then turn back now!

so yesterday i tweaked my shoulder skateboarding so i'm currious, what is everyones worst injury?

mine was in 5th grade i was skiing and went off a small jump, i leaned too far forward and my tips caught, i smashed into the ground and snap, left collar bone broke, luckily it didn't protrude but it hurt like hell, not a fun 4 weeks =(

Years
    Oh boy, I have so many from playing ice hockey, but they're very different.

One was a concussion I had about two years ago. I got tripped from behind and smacked the back of my head against the boards. I got up right away but I had a massive headache later and the following day I couldn't even make it through classes and spent some of the day napping. Let me say, recovering from a concussion is not fun.

The other actually happened before then. I was playing in a summer league game with men, and I was chasing a puck that got dumped in our offensive zone. I think the defender underestimated my speed and hit me with his shoulder so I wouldn't beat him, but I lost my balance and slid feet first at full speed into the boards. I was almost positive that when it happened I broke my foot or my ankle, but I ended up having an ankle strain that took months to get back to normal.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hit my head on a coffee table when I was younger and split it open. Got stitches and a lollipop, doesn't seem too bad now that I look back on it.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    I slipped and have my left arm hit on the ground.
    It was hurt but not broken. But the bone got twisted and I was not
    allowed to play sports like Basketball and such. Doctor said that the
    bone will only go straight again through getting old. Which is sad.. :(

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    <running after [user]Shekoa[/user]
    <want the Oreos
    <trip
    <hit ground
    <skid half a meter on knees
    <get up, run some more
    <do some mad parkour
    <see blood pooring from my knees
    <turn around and run back
    <didn't get oreo

That's the most recent injury I have gotten then there's the time I cut something and needed medical attention immidiatly I was like four or something. I also went flying over the handlebars of a scooter and broke of a chunk of the bone in my elbow.

Years
    Broke my foot once. It wasn't anything major bone-wise, but the soft tissue damage was so bad I was unable to walk for nearly a month after my cast came off.

Also broke my wrist once.

Years
    I injured my back bone in a car accident last year and spent nearly five months in bed. I couldn't move around comfortably and had to drop out of school for the remainder of the year.

Sirfetch’d

The worst injury that I have ever had was back in the 3rd grade I got too close to a fire and caught my jeans on fire. I got it put out before it did too much damage but it did leave a pretty bad burn on my leg D:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    aside from the time mariah didn't hit the whistle note and caused 30 deaths in the audience???

i broke my right elbow + wrist once by falling off a zipline
    it was great
    i could see my bones and everything!

Poki

Banned
    Years
    When I was nine, I wanted to get on a tennis table, but I fell on my arm instead (FAIL). It just hurt a lot, that's all. I have never broken anything in my body, let alone have a major injury. I'm pretty careful about that kind of stuff.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    As clumsy as I am, I don't get hurt much.
    I lost a chunk of flesh from my foot once to a piece of glass, if that counts for anything. Oh, and severe second degree burns covering my face on two occasions. If stuff done medically is included, I also had skin burned off with chemicals. Yay. I:

I got too close to a fire and caught my jeans on fire
    Haha I've done the same thing. I didn't get burned, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    It's rare for me to get injuries, since I have yet to get a broken bone..

But one day back when I was 6 years old or so, there was a morning where the grounds were extremely wet and I went running to the school bus just as I usually do. However, since the house was on a hill and the road was down a little from the house, the landing of me onto the ground was harsher, and I got a large scab that covered my entire left knee.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I was about eleven, I once fell of the staircase and rolled all the way to the floor. I was in pain for almost a week after that. I've gone through plenty of other injuries, but this would probably have to be my biggest.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The worst injury I had in my life so far was getting my pinkie broken by my brother. It gave me so much pain, that my family had to take me to the hospital to get it fixed. It got better in a few months after wearing a cast for it since then.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn
    The worst injury I had in my life so far was getting my pinkie broken by my brother. It gave me so much pain, that my family had to take me to the hospital to get it fixed. It got better in a few months after wearing a cast for it since then.

Brothers, eh? :P

I think I was seven or eight when I was messing around with my brother, tripped over and broke my right arm near both my birthday and Christmas.

I was screaming my head off, but after the first two days it doesn't hurt if you keep it still. Unless you're getting an X-ray, and the doctor is twisting it in all possible directions. And those arrogant nurses...

But it wasn't all bad. I got lots of treats and pressies from my family! And a soft German lamb plushie I got from my dad, which I still sleep with.

So yeah, the only really bad thing that came out of it was the crooked scar. Although my mom says it makes me look tough. {XD}

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    There are a couple of things but one of them isn't an actual injury I incurred, merely a condition I contracted growing up but all of them were quite painful.

First in second grade I had slid in the kitchen and smacked my head on a table... luckily I hit just above my left eye brow on the corner. Lots of blood and ten stenches and one heck of headache to boot. Can still see the scar from it, though it has faded by now. I also wonder sometimes if it didn't cause some minor brain damage that affected my personality as a grew up haha.

Then in 7th grade I had a condition called a Floating Rib Syndrome. Basically as I was growing one of my ribs slipped under another rib causing some of the worse pain ever in my life. Doctors told us the pain would be similar to a broken rib... The only real treatment was to just let it slip back naturally(if it hadn't then they would've operated). I was also in band at the time and loved playing my alto sax, I do not suggest playing a wind interments with a broken rib.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I got hit by a car so yeah there's that lol. I don't know if I would rank that as my number one injury in terms of pain (because realistically I didn't sustain all that much damage considering the circumstance) but it's definitely the most memorable haha.

Years
    when i was 2 or 3 i poured boiling water all over myself and got 3rd degree burns.. i have a large burn scar on my shoulder from it, but i don't remember any of it haha :P
    i also fell off my skateboard and split my head open which need 5 stitches, however i didn't realise i had split my head for a good 20 minutes..

Back