• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you date someone of a different race?

Would you date a person of a different race than your own?

• Yes

Votes: 66 83.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    There were threads about whether we'd date a trans person, whether we'd date a bisexual person, and I decided to make this thread now. Whether you're white, black, Asian (I'm white personally), or anything else, would you date another race, hypothetically? Are you attracted to people of other races? Stuff like that.

Obviously you should be respectful in your answers no matter what they are. That should go without saying. However, I'm not a mod, so I won't go any further with the preaching, lol.

For me, I would. I've been attracted to women of all races. For men, for whatever reason, I haven't been attracted to as many of them in different races. That doesn't mean I'd never date a guy of a different race, but I haven't seen many that I've been very attracted to on that level. (Most of the time I'm willing to say they're good looking but I'm not actually attracted to them, if that makes sense.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Pretty much what François said, to be honest, sexuality and gender identity would probably be more of a dealbreaker than the person's race.

I mean, sure some races have some feature that don't particularly attract me but a relationship depends on more than just the physical part, not to mention tastes change.

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I realized after I hit submit that this probably isn't the best thread, but I won't request for it to be taken down unless the mods feel it should be.

I asked because I've seen a whole bunch of people who were against the idea, for whatever reason.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Sure, I don't see anything wrong with it. Some people I know wouldn't exactly approve, but that's their problem.

Mia Mew

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    Well... er... I've dated two girls and one of them was Asian, so I guess that answers that? ^^ I'd be open to dating any other race though, not just Asian. I've seen so many beautiful girls and handsome boys of other races that I would be severely limiting myself to stick to just my own. [FONT=&quot]♬[/FONT][FONT=&quot]([/FONT][FONT=&quot]ノ゜[/FONT][FONT=&quot]∇[/FONT][FONT=&quot]゜[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ノ♩
    [/FONT]

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Whether people like to admit it, there are a lot of people in the world who consider this topic to be a heated one. Interracial relationships aren't as common as they should be in this day and age, and there are people in the world who don't support it what-so-ever. Also, there are people in the world who simply aren't interested in other races past their own sexually, and sexual relations are an important part of a relationship once you cross that line. So this is actually a pretty reasonable question (even though I sense a pattern in these types of threads being posted).

As for me, I would. But only if they were Asian or African American. Those are the only two races that I have any sort of attraction to, other than white.

Years
  • Yep.

As for me, I would. But only if they were Asian or African American. Those are the only two races that I have any sort of attraction to, other than white.

Isn't that basically the whole range of "races"? :P

I'm surprised that the yes:no/maybe ratio is actually lower than that of the bi thread, although I'm thinking that's due to low sample size. If it maintains itself, then we've got a real discussion on our hands >:]

Sirfetch’d

Of course I would and in fact I already have. Race is not an issue in a relationship for me as the only things that I take into consideration are:

1. Gender
    2. Am I emotionally attracted?
    3. Am I physically attracted?

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I'm open to dating most Australians of other races. However, I wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone of Anglo-Saxon heritage. It's partially because a lot of the Anglo-Saxon people I know were racist towards me. Plus, we wouldn't have much in common. I would prefer someone of a Mediterranean background, but most other heritages are okay too.

And as for the person who talked about not dating blondes...I only like brunettes and redheads. I don't find blonde girls attractive - they look so generic, especially considering that half of all female celebrities seem to be blonde (including the plethora of fake blondes). But I do have naturally blonde relatives and I don't have any negative feelings towards them. Blonde hair does exist in Lebanon, though it's rather rare. And I'll be friends with blondes, though dating them is out of the question. Eye colour doesn't matter, though. I like all eye colours - even blue eyes.

I wouldn't mind dating someone who is Christian or even Jewish. My girlfriend is Lebanese like me, but she is Christian, while I am Muslim. (And as for hair colour...she's got dark brown hair and dark eyes. As for me, I have light brown hair and hazel eyes.) My previous girlfriend was of Greek heritage. I even told my girlfriend that if we marry, she doesn't have to convert to Islam. (One of my cousins married a Maronite girl, but she did end up converting to Islam.) I refuse to date atheists, though. I doubt many atheist girls would accept a Muslim as a boyfriend.

Of course I wouldn't ever date another guy. I'm definitely not gay and most of my relatives would disapprove of it. (Homosexuality is frowned upon in the Arab world. In most of the countries it's actually illegal.)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My parents wouldn't really approve of me dating someone who has a different race than my own. But to be honest, I really do not have a preference in terms of that. As long as said person is attractive, and has a wonderful personality, I'd date them.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah my parents are strongly hinting they'd like me to date someone Asian, due to me being Asian, which I'm not against. It's just I do feel attracted to people of all races and wouldn't limit myself to just Asian-Asian dating, nor would I have my parents dictate my dating life haha. And there's the fact that this "dating life" is non-existant.

Years
  • Usually there are numerous valid reasons why certain attributes, gender, sexuality, age, height, income, education, among others could be a deal-breaker for some.

However, 'race'? I don't understand this. Unless you find every person outside of your own race to be unattractive or if your parents would disown you, as long as someone has all the attributes you find attractive, I don't know why their race would be a deal-breaker in of itself.

Years
  • I won't state my personal opinion in case it offends anybody, but there would be some complications if I come across their parents who don't approve of their daughter marrying someone with different racial background, particularly Asians (Because well, I'm Asian). I also don't know if my parents could take it. As such I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Mia Mew

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013

Um... someone already said this, but I'm pretty sure white, black, and Asian covers all races... right?

Unless you also are covering Hispanic people under this (although I've heard they're not technically considered a race for some reason?) and idk, I've seen a lot of beautiful Latina girls... but I guess that's still your opinion.

Mysonne

Pokeballin, no testes
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    it's dependent on whether i'm sexually attracted to them or not

i do got that yellow fever doe i love me some qt 3.14 koreans

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I am a Chinese, and according to my values and personal reasons, I will only date a Chinese guy. The only exceptions where I will consider will be white guys, Japanese, Korean, etc. My apologies if I have offended anyone, but this is my opinion.

Actually, refer to [supporter]Seattle's[/supporter] post above. My sentiments exactly.

Back