• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you eat someone to save yourself?

Years
  • I believe honor and dignity would be flushed down the toilet in this situation, anyway why not? I don't eat people because I don't have to, but given the chance in those circumstances hell yeah. Self-preservation over honor and dignity.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I wouldn't even think about it! A definite no! >: It's just gross. <___<

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Many people say no, because they have not been actually in that situation, it's similar to those people who get lost in the desert, and drink their own urine to survive, they say that they won't do it, but when actually in those sorts of situations, you try to do whatever it is to survive, so i would say I'm not sure.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Nope. I can understand how it could be necessary in *very very very* extreme circumstances, but I simply couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd honestly, truthfully rather starve.

Snegurochka

fire walk with me.
    Years
  • I think I would eat them, tbh.
    I mean, I would if they had just died like five minutes ago. If they're decomposing then no. That would be too much even for me.

Rinzler

Joichiro Nishi <3
    Years
  • Depends really. Do I have like...fire...to cook...y'know...nvm.

Well if I'm really really desperate, then yes I will.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    i'd rather die than turn cannibal. seriously, its just degrading. and how you even get yourself stuck on a snow place with no food is out of me.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Mentally, I'd be willing. My brain would put survival above all else and <Insert awful, awful joke about condiments ending in "Bon appétit!" here.> but in the actual circumstance, I fear that the sheer awful grossness of what I'd have to do to consume another would overwhelm my logic.

I... I might do it anyway. I don't know. It's really hard for me to say, seeing as I don't think I'd be completely sane under that sort of pressure. Not throwing up would be a challenge even if I worked up the nerve. Chances are more than less that I'd just die trying to overcome the sheer awful I'd be feeling.

Depending on who it was and their relation to me, I'd probably experience some degree of trauma just from being put in that situation. More if I actually tried to go through with it. Even more if I somehow managed a significant attempt. I guess I'd have plenty of time to try and force myself repeatedly, being trapped and all...

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Would I be a horrible person if I said yes because I would definitely do that

No, that's just wrong. Not to mention that I feel uneasy just from looking at the insides of someone, so I wouldn't be able to eat somebody at all, even to save my life. Not to mention if I did in the end, I wouldn't be able to look at myself the same way ever again. Ever. Just the thought of it... Eugh.

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
  • I only eat cooked meat unless its sushi and if i could make a fire I would have already melted the snow for water and left. I would probably die from a disease if I ate them so definatly not but I would avoid the brain if I had to.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I would die anyways. Eating someone's corpse just to live a few days more would be without many sense. I would rather eat the wood from the walls or the ground.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Hey, they're already dead. So long as I can cook the meat, I'd probably be okay with it. But if it were someone I knew or a family member or something, I know I'd be a lot more hesitant. :s Still, if I were the one who died first, I'd probably want the other person to live and I'd be okay with them eating me, haha.

u_u; Honestly I don't see it as THAT much different from eating animals. Just probably wouldn't taste as good as animal meat.

Years
  • I honestly don't think I could do it. I could never break off a piece to cook, the gore would be too much for me, actually I'd feel this way about any animal except than insects.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Probably not. Even though they may be dead, I just don't have it in me to be messing around with removing body parts. Not to mention the fact that I can't cook to save my life anyway.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Many people say no, because they have not been actually in that situation, it's similar to those people who get lost in the desert, and drink their own urine to survive, they say that they won't do it, but when actually in those sorts of situations, you try to do whatever it is to survive, so i would say I'm not sure.

I agree with this.

If it meant the difference between survival and death then I definitely would. Those that said no can enjoy their slow, painful starvation towards eventual death. I'll enjoy feasting on your corpse.

Although in practice, if you're trapped in the middle of nowhere, where there aren't even animals around to kill; I'm not sure what eating raw human meat is going to do to help. If it was so unlikely for me to get out of there alive, I'd probably just end it myself anyway instead of prolonging inevitability.

Back