• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see Meowth evolve?

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
  • I remember reading a fanfiction about this once upon a time. It was interesting to say the least, I would imagine that he would feel outright dirty at first but would eventually have to get used to it.

Also, Meowth strives to be as human-like as possible, so there's a chance that he may try to become bipedal as a persian too. That idea kinda scares me ._. And I can't imagine Meowth's voice coming out of a persian, it's just weird.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I remember reading a fanfiction about this once upon a time. It was interesting to say the least, I would imagine that he would feel outright dirty at first but would eventually have to get used to it.
    Also, Meowth strives to be as human-like as possible, so there's a chance that he may try to become bipedal as a persian too. That idea kinda scares me ._. And I can't imagine Meowth's voice coming out of a persian, it's just weird.

Mm, mainly since we've heard his voice in the form of a Meowth for like 14 seasons.

Guest123_x1

As interesting as such a scenario would be, to be realistic, I don't think it's ever going to happen (much like how Ash's Pikachu refuses to evolve).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't want to see Meowth evolve because, for starters, he greatly dislikes Persian and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I also think that Meowth might lose his ability to talk (which is one of his greatest perks as a Pokemon) when he evolves, but that's just my theory.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I wouldn't want to see Meowth evolve because, for starters, he greatly dislikes Persian and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I also think that Meowth might lose his ability to talk (which is one of his greatest perks as a Pokemon) when he evolves, but that's just my theory.
    Yeah, he hates Persians with a dying passion. He won't ever evolve or he'd be a hypocrite. That would mess with the writer's characterization of Meowth. And besides, a Persian can't disguise itself. Though talking is another thing on its own. If Meowth taught himself as a Meowth, he can do it as a Persion. That's just my take.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I couldn't see a bipedal Persian. If that were so, Meowth (as a Persian) would be much taller (standing on his hind legs), which would bring a more human like character out of him (not to mention this would look very weird). Because of this, most of the comedic value, and pathetic nature of the character wouldn't work anymore.

Haxorus

Ononokusu
    Years
  • I honestly think that Persian's personality doesn't suit Meowth from the anime's. Persian is supposed to be sleek and vicious, but Meowth is essentially just a goofball. All in all, it'd just be awkward, really.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I doubt it will ever happen.
    For one thing, I doubt Meowth would ever allow it.
    And two, when would Team Rocket actually train him enough FOR him to evolve? He fights like... Every 100 epsiodes... If even that much... And loses nearly every single fight, if not every one of them.

Years
  • Meowth is more human-like than Persian, who looks 100% like a cat; they wouldn't be able to pull off him walking on his hind legs if he evolved without it looking odd. Plus, since we're already over ten years into the show, I don't see something like that happening at all.

xHayleyChan

Lover of Cheesecake
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    Actually, I never thought about it before, but if I think about it. I doubt he would want to evolve because of his dislike of Persians.

fullyevolved

Legendary Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2012
    I think Meoth would sound super wierd as a persian. Also, the look doesn't really suit his personality. It would be cool to maybe see for an episode or something, like in a dream scenario.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Certainly not ! It's like if Pikachu evolved into Raichu :pink_no: Unthinkable !
    Meowth ... Or Persian wouldn't be so funny. And I don't really imagine a Persian talking, that better suits Meowth.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I would see this as a Pikachu situation where he would refuse to evolve if that were the case. I can't see a scenario were he would actually be okay with evolving into something he doesn't like. He would probably regret, so I really don't see how he could live with himself as a Persian. On top of that I don't see the writers ever evolving him, as with Pikachu. If anything they with introduce a situation where he makes the choice like EP014 and DP074 and says no at the end of the day. I wouldn't rule a scenario out like that some day since they did a almost capture gag with Meowth there for a stretch.

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
    Years
  • I think Meoth would sound super wierd as a persian. Also, the look doesn't really suit his personality. It would be cool to maybe see for an episode or something, like in a dream scenario.

It won't happen, also I'm not sure it'd be a good thing if he did. It's Meowth. Someone said he was a goofball. I couldn't imagine a Persian being a goofball.
    However I'd like to see it, in a dream scenario

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • This'll most likely not happen. It's like saying Pikachu evolving into a Raichu although if Meowth did evolve then I get the feeling his personality would be a bit different and a talking Persian, that would be just weird. I would think it wouldn't be the best idea to have Meowth evolve. If he would have evolve then he should have evolved by now. He has been with Team Rocket for a while now. You would think he would be evolved by now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    No! No! No!

Meowth is one of the Pokemon that wants to remain unevolved. He is like Pikachu and Piplup in that regard. If he did, a lot of Meowth-isms would be lost, and I think it would just look weird personally. Meowth's unevolved state is something that is protected, and should remain that way.

Back