• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you wait

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    So last night I went out for the first time with my group there were 2 places we could pick from to go too guess what everyone picked the same pub and we had to wait 2 hours for food would you wait that long or would you have gone home

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Would have left. Considers thirty minutes too long. (Assumes learning the rough wait time upon arriving.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • For a minute I had trouble understanding your post. Basically would you wait for 2 hours for your to-go meal, right?

My answer: absolutely not.

In fact, that's really unacceptable considered that to-go meals tend to be done quicker if you order them "asap", unless you placed it ahead of time (say, place an order at 10 a.m. with a deadline of 4 p.m.). Was the pub extremely busy? Did they forget about y'all's food? Then again, they may also be affected by a staff shortage that are pushing orders at a longer wait time. It's not just pubs and restaurants, but it's also everywhere. Otherwise, I would have gone full-Karen mode (ok maybe not) and asked for some sort of a discount for your inconvenience. I wouldn't go home if you already paid for your order, anyway.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nah. My time is valuable and I've never waited longer than about 40 minutes at an extremely busy restaurant for my food. Typically, they get back to me in about 20 and that's far more reasonable imo. I don't even wait too long at a doctor's office before I start complaining. I'll only accept a long wait time at the Devil's Bunghole- I mean the DMV.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    if the wait is more than 30 minutes I'm out.

Years
    • Seen today
    For us, going out for food is usually "less for food" and more for the social aspect, so waiting a long time is fine.

Years
  • No. I would politely ask about it after ~45mins but if nothing happens after that I would just politely ask for a refund, explain my reasoning and just go elsewhere.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    The only way I would wait that long for food is if it was chicken and waffles from Fancys Southern Cafe in Ft. Myers, Florida. So no. I wouldn't have. But you do you

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'd have starved after 50 minutes

Years
  • In fact, that's really unacceptable considered that to-go meals tend to be done quicker if you order them "asap"

Um no. In every place I have worked, which is many, Togos don't get priority over sit down meals, it is actually the opposite. The diners who actually come in to have the full experience get our full attention Togos are always an afterthought and are actually discouraged (if only internally) if service is in full swing. If I have a full rail and the damn host is taking togos I will absolutely put the orders of the people who took the time to make a reservation and wanted the full dining experience ahead of the togos, especially since people coming to pick up togos have a habit of showing up later which, over time, just helps you become jaded against togos anyway. Especially when said togo has something fried and then they bitch about quality when they aren't eating the meal right away even though that was how the dish was intended.

Years
  • Probably not. After 45 minutes I would have politely asked but if after that if it goes over an hour I would have said something and probably just paid for my drinks and left.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Sep 7, 2021
    if i paid for it, i ask for the refund 40 mins in. if i didn't, anything longer than 30 mins is a nah from me. i can always go somewhere else that's less busy, and in turn give the staff one less to stress over.
    i don't normally eat my first meal until i'm hitting starvation (14+ hours) so if i can avoid waiting too long once the food mood strikes i'll do it.

Back