• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen WTF moment thread

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Having Pokemon Yellow with a lv. 17 Pikachu (early on) and facing off Brock. With Pikachu. The anime lies, no electric attack can hurt Brock! So, I spammed Quick Attack and won.

Later on, I caught Mew. Saved and tried again by battling a Gambler this time. I got a Missingno. Took me 5 tries to get the battle to actually execute without freezing.

WAAAY later on, by using my Hitmonchan with Metronome, I go against Gary. He has his last Pokemon and so do I. (Hitmonchan, poor wording) Anyway, I use Metronome. Splash. He has Ninetales, so it sucks. Does near nothing to me. I use Metronome again. Splash. He used Tail Whip (told you) and I use Metronome a third time! It was Bubble. And it missed. He used Quick Attack with a critical hit. Half of my Max HP gone. I won in the end.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Catching 248 pokemon on my crystal version and the save file corrupts and the game doesn't work anymore. Yet my silver has 249 pokemon on it and it still works.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Yesterday, I finally got my long awaited Pokemon Gold version. I was excited beyond believe. When I received it, I popped it in my Gameboy SP, and started it up, went through all the Oak stuff, blah, blah, blah. So when I was in my room, I saved. I turned the game back on right after I shut it off.

Save file is Corrupt.

:disappoin Now I have to fix it..

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • The moment that made me almost cry as a kid:

My Pokemon Red, with my completed game and my tournament winning Pokemon on it, started to glitch. I figured it was dust... Now mind you, I'm only 10, so I had no idea that this was a REALLY stupid idea... So I attempted to clean it with a ear swab and some ALCOHOL... Ruined my game forever. I still have that dead cartridge.

Oh my beautiful homegrown non-hacked level 100's, how I miss you.

RIP Snorlax, Kabutops, Jolteon, Haunter, Charizard, and Gyarados... ;_;

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • The moment that made me almost cry as a kid:

My Pokemon Red, with my completed game and my tournament winning Pokemon on it, started to glitch. I figured it was dust... Now mind you, I'm only 10, so I had no idea that this was a REALLY stupid idea... So I attempted to clean it with a ear swab and some ALCOHOL... Ruined my game forever. I still have that dead cartridge.

Oh my beautiful homegrown non-hacked level 100's, how I miss you.

RIP Snorlax, Kabutops, Jolteon, Haunter, Charizard, and Gyarados... ;_;

now THIS sucks, my nuzlocke crystal just restarted also, so sad...

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    First playthrough of Silver with little knowledge of how things worked ... needed another Pokemon with Attract so I left a male Togetic with Attract and a female Pikachu at the Daycare.

First egg, I accidentally hit B instead of A. Refused the egg. >_<
    Left them in the daycare - after a very long time I finally realized it had been wayyyy longer than the last egg took, so I went to pick up my 'Mons and then put them back in daycare to "reset."

Togetic had gained like 13 levels (I'd forgotten he was such a low level) and managed to forget *all* of his old attacks. D:
    Shut off the game and ran off in a huff.
    Realized I could probably trade the old Togetic from a previous saved game I'd stored elsewhere, but could not for the life of me get TGB Dual to function properly.

And so the game still sits there, with me too bummed-out to use it again. :P

Mᴱᵀᴬᴸ

Knowlagable Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    My moment had to be when I beat the Indigo Plateu for the 5th time, and won with a Caterpie that had one health left.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Clair not giving me the Rising badge after beating her
    "I JUST DESTROYED YOUR ENTIRE TEAM WITH 1 POKEMON, GIVE ME THE DAMN BADGE!!!!!!"

Everlark

[ w h i t e ]
    Years
  • I have played Pokemon Crystal many a time, and still have yet to hatch a shiny baby Pokemon from the Odd Egg. (There's a 50% chance jsyk)

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • Pokemon Yellow, I was in Cerulean Cave and came across a Golbat

Wild GOLBAT appeared!
    Go! VEE!
    VEE used BITE!
    GOLBAT uses CONFUSE RAY!
    VEE is now confused!
    VEE is confused!
    VEE hurt itself in confusion!
    GOLBAT used HAZE!
    All STATUS changes are eliminated!
    *repeat two or three times*
    Wild GOLBAT fainted!

seriously if the GOLBAT is gonna confuse me, leave me confused or leave me alone

The Shiny Psyduck

<- Guess what game I'm playing
    Years
  • Mine would be when I was battling chuck and the fight got down to his last pokemon vs. my low level (somewhere from 5 to 15, I don't really remember) togepi and a tentacool I had just caught. Metronome turned into perish song, and I managed to live through the three turns... phew.

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
  • It took forever trying to figure out how to beat Brock on Pokemon Yellow the first time I played it. Back when I had 0 pokemon skillz.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    It took forever trying to figure out how to beat Brock on Pokemon Yellow the first time I played it. Back when I had 0 pokemon skillz.

I remember when I first played Yellow, I somehow managed to scrape a win against Brock with a team made up of Rattata, Pidgeotto, Metapod, Nidoran male, Mankey and Pikachu

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I remember when I first played Yellow, I somehow managed to scrape a win against Brock with a team made up of Rattata, Pidgeotto, Metapod, Nidoran male, Mankey and Pikachu
    Mankey and the Nidos are perfect really, they learn Fighting attacks. :D

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I was playing through yellow on an emulator just for kicks, deleted low kick on my mankey for karate chop to find out it was a normal type move in that game (I'd never played yellow before)... WWWWTTTTTFFFF?!

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    That never made the slightest bit of sense to me. >.< I was so relieved when they changed it over to Fighting - of course then I kept getting KOed because I forgot I couldn't send Rock Pokemon up against it anymore. O_O

Back