• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X Factor judge needlessly crucifies contestant

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    A part of me thinks this is just a publicity stunt (After all, she hasn't be relevant in pop music for years), and a part of me is shocked that there is a new Zealand version of the x factor.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • A part of me thinks this is just a publicity stunt (After all, she hasn't be relevant in pop music for years), and a part of me is shocked that there is a new Zealand version of the x factor.

Lol X Factor has hit a lot of countries. It's not just a UK-USA-AUS thing:
    Spoiler:

We've had X Factor, New Zealand Idol and New Zealand's got Talent, but needless to say, nothing ain't too amazing here.
    Publicity stunt or not, I've never heard of her till this came about, and lot of people I've heard from are on the same boat.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • She's the one who is copying. Just look at her Lady Gaga wannabe outfit.

Years
  • Its the X factor, its trash TV anyway.

Kind of underwhelmed after watching it was, expecting something a lot more aggressive and offensive, not a statement of two peoples personal opinions.

I wouldn't go far a saying it was bullying lol, more just expressing her opinion.
    [FONT=&quot] If Judges just said "yeah thats great" all the time they wouldn't be judging would they. [/FONT]

Years
  • I'm actually dying right now:
    Natalia Kills, Willy Moon horrified to learn contestants have been singing other peoples' songs
    Wait.

This...this isn't satire, is it? I have a hard time believing that somebody doesn't realize stuff like that does happen loooool. Just...wow.

the "he's dressed better than your husband" retort was good though
    That line was golden. I absolutely loved it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Its the X factor, its trash TV anyway.

Kind of underwhelmed after watching it was, expecting something a lot more aggressive and offensive, not a statement of two peoples personal opinions.

I wouldn't go far a saying it was bullying lol, more just expressing her opinion.
    [FONT=&quot] If Judges just said "yeah thats great" all the time they wouldn't be judging would they. [/FONT]

It may be just her opinion, but it is not their job as a judge to criticize a person's appearance. Especially if you claim that you're disgusted by it because you think it's unoriginal or copying someone. The suit and combover pompadour/quiff isn't her husband's original look. That is the same look of every hipster/white boy on the planet nowadays. Her comments are completely unnecessary and unprofessional. The judges' job (or really it should be) is to criticize their performance, not how they dress. Or at least not to the extent that Natalia Kills did. And he wasn't dressed awful at all, he looks rather well dressed. That's not the point though, she isn't supposed to do that. Her job is to give constructive criticism on his performance so he knows how to improve in case he goes on to the next round or for his possible future career and giving an opinion on his appearance isn't needed. I would say what they did is bullying cause they basically tear down his spirited, dehumanizes him and make him feel intimidated and feel as if he has no real identity or originality. It's a very harsh, mean-spirited opinion for an "opinion". But still even if it's an opinion or bullying , it's totally uncalled for.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Am I the only person who finds this absolutely hilarious and thinks the contestant looks cocky as hell? Not that I'm defending those two - that outburst was absolutely unnecessary and pretty much objectively incorrect - but it's just funny how seriously people take the X-Factor and related shows and how self-satisfied a contestant must be to stand there literally laughing while getting absolutely torn apart on national TV.
    I'm trying to imagine what my reaction would be if I were in the contestant's position. Honestly? I'd probably laugh as well, to at least try and diffuse the incredible awkwardness of the situation. It'd be that or bursting into tears, and I certainly know which version of myself I'd want to portray on national television (and now the international world). So yeah, I thought he handled it in the best way he could possibly handle being hung, drawn and quartered on national television. That he wasn't the most humble person ever is more of a credit to him.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Unfortunately though, the real winner here is Natalia Kills (which sounds like a mukty metalcore band name) - who probably relatively few of us had ever heard of and is now all over international news. With an outburst like that she clearly didn't value her role as an X-Factor "judge" and just wanted some quick publicity and that's exactly what she's got. If I didn't know better I'd say it was outright planned. Good game, Natalia Kills.
    ^^^^^

I'm glad they got booted for it and the incident was pretty horrific but I don't think it's necessarily a bad scenario for her - sure she's going to be hated but just look at Katie Hopkins :p

Years
  • It may be just her opinion, but it is not their job as a judge to criticize a person's appearance. Especially if you claim that you're disgusted by it because you think it's unoriginal or copying someone. The suit and combover pompadour/quiff isn't her husband's original look. That is the same look of every hipster/white boy on the planet nowadays. Her comments are completely unnecessary and unprofessional. The judges' job (or really it should be) is to criticize their performance, not how they dress. Or at least not to the extent that Natalia Kills did. And he wasn't dressed awful at all, he looks rather well dressed. That's not the point though, she isn't supposed to do that. Her job is to give constructive criticism on his performance so he knows how to improve in case he goes on to the next round or for his possible future career and giving an opinion on his appearance isn't needed. I would say what they did is bullying cause they basically tear down his spirited, dehumanizes him and make him feel intimidated and feel as if he has no real identity or originality. It's a very harsh, mean-spirited opinion for an "opinion". But still even if it's an opinion or bullying , it's totally uncalled for.

Well if contestants can't take criticism they shouldn't be on a show in which one of the key components is the criticism of contestants.

No one (involved) was offended, the guy just laughed it off, and the other judges gave him support.

I really don't get why the public are so offended, granted it was for the most part unprovoked and mostly irrelevant. But lets not forget the whole consent of the X factor is based of bullying, one only has to watch the early stages of the show, where many contestants efforts are shown only for the amusement of viewers to laugh at their poor singing or "weird" appearance.
    After the main contestants have been picked, back stories are manufactured or new scenarios (as in this case) are created to add viewer interest and make support for the contestants.

[FONT=&quot]The fault here lies not with the Judges, but the show itself, being cheap, trashy and melodramatic.[/FONT]

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I lost it at "Didn't you copy Cleopatra?" xD

I think Joe handled it very well with maturity by brushing off the unwarranted hate with a laugh. I hardly think he was being cocky. He didn't retaliate and in fact, accepted the remarks like he did with the positive ones.

I have never even heard either of the couple until this latest virus. Sure, it could be a publicity stunt but I find it counterproductive since fewer people are going to bother about their music.

Well if contestants can't take criticism they shouldn't be on a show in which one of the key components is the criticism of contestants.

No one (involved) was offended, the guy just laughed it off, and the other judges gave him support.
    Not just any criticism, but constructive criticism. Why should a contestant be subjected to baseless criticism? That is bullying in itself.

None of what came out of Natalia's mouth was constructive criticism. Nothing about his vocals or style was commented on, but only his appearance (even so it was a personal attack and in no way considered critique).

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • After the last few days they've been keeping silence and have flown into LAX, but finally a full apology from the both of them:
    [x]

natalia.png

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I really punch that woman in the face. Her face is literally so punchable. The guy is horrible too, I guess, but that woman annoys me the most. She's the who's copying a Cleopatra/Lady Gaga. And she's really ugly with that lipstick on, she's just too punchable.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • This...this isn't satire, is it? I have a hard time believing that somebody doesn't realize stuff like that does happen loooool. Just...wow..

It is satire. First result I get is from this site. If you look at the recent stories it's more obvious.

Even though they may have been told to be more harsh by the producers, I doubt they would approve of personal attacks on the contestants themselves. They are free to say how bad the performance itself was to a reasonable level whilst trying to give constructive criticism, just don't attack the contestant personally. That's reasonable opinion costarred to what they did.

Lucid

I have no idea who these two are, but I hope they never reproduce. Poor dude, that was so uncalled for. If anything they Kanye Wested him.

Back