• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    What's the fastest way to breed Pokémon that have baby Pokémon as their eggs? Is there any quicker method to getting up their friendship for evolution?

Years
  • What's the fastest way to breed Pokémon that have baby Pokémon as their eggs? Is there any quicker method to getting up their friendship for evolution?

If you have Befriending Power, that can make getting their happiness up faster, same with the Soothe Bell, and other various methods of boosting happiness. But when it comes to baby Pokémon that evolve by that method and can't breed, you basically just have to get their happiness up as quickly as possible. You can always ride around Lumiose Tower with the Soothe Bell, that's probably one of the better methods of such.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    If you have Befriending Power, that can make getting their happiness up faster, same with the Soothe Bell, and other various methods of boosting happiness. But when it comes to baby Pokémon that evolve by that method and can't breed, you basically just have to get their happiness up as quickly as possible. You can always ride around Lumiose Tower with the Soothe Bell, that's probably one of the better methods of such.
    Thanks, that's pretty much what I do anyway, I was just wondering if there was any faster method. And also, building friendship where they were hatched builds friendship faster.

Sometimes if I'm feeling particularly impatient, I will just buy all these vitamins for the baby Pokémon to give them a friendship boost and evolve faster.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So just before I evolve my Nincada I want to be absolutely sure, there's no way for Shedinja to have Sword's Dance, right? And for the gen 3 and 4 shedinja that do have it, what happens when they get moved to a gen 5 or 6 game? do they lose the move? are they blocked from moving until that move is deleted? what? thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So just before I evolve my Nincada I want to be absolutely sure, there's no way for Shedinja to have Sword's Dance, right? And for the gen 3 and 4 shedinja that do have it, what happens when they get moved to a gen 5 or 6 game? do they lose the move? are they blocked from moving until that move is deleted? what? thanks!
    As of Gen V, Shedinja inherits its moves from Nincada, not Ninjask.

And if you were to transfer a Gen IV/III Shedinja with a Ninjask-exclusve move, like Swords Dance or Baton Pass, to Gen V and later to Gen VI, it still retains the move.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Rock HM in X?

Hey guys, I am pretty new to Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon. I have Pokemon X and am wondering where to get the HM I need for destroying rocks?

I have the strength HM for moving boulders, but I don't even know the name of the other HM I need to smash the pesky rocks that block my path!

Thanks for any help.

Years
  • You're probably talking about Rock Smash, which is a TM in this game for your information. It's obtained in Ambrette Town by talking to a NPC near the Pokemon Center.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    You're probably talking about Rock Smash, which is a TM in this game for your information. It's obtained in Ambrette Town by talking to a NPC near the Pokemon Center.

Thanks for the help. I got the TM and smashed some annoying rocks! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So how powerful does Castform's Weathball actually get? I know other pokemon can learn Weatherball, but it's not the same thing because they don't change their form and type.

SO, is my math correct? I know that Weatherball doubles in power during a weather condition, but do all the other benefits stack too?

So, 50 Base power, Doubled in weather to 100, then since Castform changes type the move also gets a 50% STAB bonus so the move goes to 150, and on top of that a fire move in Sunny day (for example) ALSO gets a 50% boost to the pre STAB number bringing the grand total power of the move to 200, is that accurate? Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So how powerful does Castform's Weathball actually get? I know other pokemon can learn Weatherball, but it's not the same thing because they don't change their form and type.

SO, is my math correct? I know that Weatherball doubles in power during a weather condition, but do all the other benefits stack too?

So, 50 Base power, Doubled in weather to 100, then since Castform changes type the move also gets a 50% STAB bonus so the move goes to 150, and on top of that a fire move in Sunny day (for example) ALSO gets a 50% boost to the pre STAB number bringing the grand total power of the move to 200, is that accurate? Thanks!

You're right so far, except for the very last part: 50 (base power) x 2 (doubled in weather) x 1.5 (STAB) x 1.5 (weather boost in sun or rain, since hail or sandstorm don't power up moves of a particular type) = 225

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Why do I have so many secret bases? I scanned a few QR codes a few weeks ago to get some Blissey bases, of which I have 3 that I have made my special friend, and I also scanned those 6 Japanese bases where all 6 bases are located on some secret island or something (haven't gotten there yet) but all in all, I only scanned 9 codes total but when I went onto a new route I saw a little flag appear on my Area Nav which I never noticed before, I tapped it and I have secret bases all over Hoenn from trainers I don't recognize the names of at all. I haven't gotten a notification that I street passed with anyone since I got the game, as well as a number of the secret bases belong to people with non english names so I really don't think they belong to people I would have street passed with, so does anyone know where all these secret bases were appearing from? Thanks!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Why do I have so many secret bases? I scanned a few QR codes a few weeks ago to get some Blissey bases, of which I have 3 that I have made my special friend, and I also scanned those 6 Japanese bases where all 6 bases are located on some secret island or something (haven't gotten there yet) but all in all, I only scanned 9 codes total but when I went onto a new route I saw a little flag appear on my Area Nav which I never noticed before, I tapped it and I have secret bases all over Hoenn from trainers I don't recognize the names of at all. I haven't gotten a notification that I street passed with anyone since I got the game, as well as a number of the secret bases belong to people with non english names so I really don't think they belong to people I would have street passed with, so does anyone know where all these secret bases were appearing from? Thanks!

(you could've put this in the OR/AS section, but w/e; answering anyway)

Did you connect online on the PSS? The Secret Bases of some of the people you passed by on there will be registered as well if you update the BuzzNav's news.

Years
  • I'm not to far into the game..
    Just got my Squirtle and found that he's got a Bold Nature.
    Is this any good? I know it raises DEF and lowers ATK.
    And I'm guess that Squirtle can be some kind of tank? With that big shell of his as Blastoise? xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm not to far into the game..
    Just got my Squirtle and found that he's got a Bold Nature.
    Is this any good? I know it raises DEF and lowers ATK.
    And I'm guess that Squirtle can be some kind of tank? With that big shell of his as Blastoise? xD

A Pokemon's physical characteristics have nothing to do with stats and nature, really.

Bold is a viable nature on Blastoise if you plan on going defensive.

Years
  • A Pokemon's physical characteristics have nothing to do with stats and nature, really.

Bold is a viable nature on Blastoise if you plan on going defensive.

Oh, I know that bud.
    It was just a joke. I've been around Pokemon for quite awhile to know that their appearances don't effect with stats and natures xD
    OR if that's not what you were saying.. then oops.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I just got a Serperior with Contrary ability off the GTS, I thought those were blocked from trade. Was there a giveaway I missed out on? And if so, was it just Serperior, or was it all the gen 5 starters?

Years
  • I just got a Serperior with Contrary ability off the GTS, I thought those were blocked from trade. Was there a giveaway I missed out on? And if so, was it just Serperior, or was it all the gen 5 starters?

5th Gen starters' hidden abilities are still unreleased, so you essentially got traded a hacked Serperior. Still don't get how it managed to get through the GTS though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    5th Gen starters' hidden abilities are still unreleased, so you essentially got traded a hacked Serperior. Still don't get how it managed to get through the GTS though.

Well that makes me wonder now, Diancie was blocked from trading (even just after it's release) but then suddenly they made the GTS accept Diancies as traceable, so I wonder if a ten 5 giveaway will be coming soon and they changed the rule on the GTS in preparation for it maybe?

Update: I just looked at Serebii and the upcoming events don't include gen 5 starters, they in fact are HORRIBLE events, just random normal pokemon with no special moves or abilities and come in eggs: https://www.serebii.net/events/2015.shtml

Oh well, that's too bad. I was hoping for more hidden ability pokemon.

Years
  • So, I've initiated the battle with Mewtwo (Of course saving beforehand)
    But was the saving beforehand even necessary?
    Mewtwo is really impossible to catch...
    With all these low %'s in different kinds of Pokeballs, it takes forever to catch it, right?

So, should I just use the Masterball I have now?
    Or has ANYONE had any luck/success using a different pokeball?

Should I level to 100 with False Swipe on one Pokemon and then try my luck with a different Pokeball than Masterball?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back