• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
  • It usually means that they're hacked. Some hacked Pokémon are able to bypass this, but only if they look legitimate (i.e. when they don't have an invalid EV spread). Hope this helps. :3

I caught these myself, the 3 that didn't go over all have my OT and such and I don't know to hack at all.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So is there any item equivalent to the Assault Vest but raises Def instead of Sp Def? And if not, are the only hold items that raise stats by 50% the Assault Vest and the Choice items or are there others?

Years
  • So is there any item equivalent to the Assault Vest but raises Def instead of Sp Def? And if not, are the only hold items that raise stats by 50% the Assault Vest and the Choice items or are there others?

No, there isn't a Defense-based equivalent of the Assault Vest I'm afraid. I'm not sure if there's any 50% stat raising items aside from AV and the Choice items but someone can add something here if they find it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Trainer Shiny Value

I have recently learned about the trainer shiny value... although I'm still unsure... so, each trainer has a number between 1 - 5000? And if the egg's shiny value matches the trainer who hatched it it will hatch shiny?

And.... please will someone tell me how to find out shiny value of eggs and trainers or help me find out my trainer shiny value?

Please >_<

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Yes, the Trainer Shiny Value and the Shiny Value are what makes your eggs hatch into a shiny. If, for example, your Trainer Shiny Value is 1262, then he eggs you are trying to hatch must have a Shiny Value of 1262 to hatch into a shiny. If your egg has another value, like 1654, then you need to trade this egg to someone who has a Trainer Shiny Value equal to 1654 and let them hatch it into a shiny for you. It's somewhat like winning a lottery, since the values must match each other in order to hatch into a shiny. It is not possible to check these values in-game.

There are tools on the internet I think (or were) that could calculate these values for you, you could calculate exactly when your egg would hatch into a value that matched your own, or which value it would hatch into so you could trade it to someone else if that value was different than yours. I never used these things because I think it kinda spoils the game and to put in your ow effort and patience is way more rewarding, fair and fun.

So, I hope you have an answer here, but isn't it more fun to hunt down shinies for yourself instead of letting the internet and "tools" spoil them for you? ;)

Years
  • I'm probably just being stupid but according to the X and Y Pokedex by using the move rock slide in certain areas, it names which routes to go to, I can find some things including a thunder stone. I can't figure out how to use rock slide in the field to do so though. Do I use it in the field somehow (it says moves needed to destroy trees and rocks-rock slide) or is it something I battle wild pokemon there and may find it afterwards if i've used that move? I'm so confused.

Years
  • I'm probably just being stupid but according to the X and Y Pokedex by using the move rock slide in certain areas, it names which routes to go to, I can find some things including a thunder stone. I can't figure out how to use rock slide in the field to do so though. Do I use it in the field somehow (it says moves needed to destroy trees and rocks-rock slide) or is it something I battle wild pokemon there and may find it afterwards if i've used that move? I'm so confused.

Sometimes there might be something like a tree or a rock or stuff like that in the background in battles against wild Pokemon (and sometimes trainers too) and you can get items from it if you use certain moves. An example is using Air Cutter on a tree and it drops a berry, or Razor Leaf on grass which yields the herbs.

A list of these objects, the items yielded and the moves required to break it are found here: https://www.serebii.net/xy/wilditems.shtml

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
    Years
  • 1. I see a lot of sources saying that with powersavers, you can make any pokemon cought in X and Y shiny (not sure if you can also change the IVs). If that is really the case, how can I tell if any pokemon I've acquired through trade is real or not? For example, today I traded a Persian on the GTS for a shiny Skrelp. How do I know if it was always shiny or just hacked? This has been bothering me for a while. Thanks.
    2. Another quick question, I hear that it takes another person to check your trainer shiny value. Can someone check mine for me?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    1. I see a lot of sources saying that with powersavers, you can make any pokemon cought in X and Y shiny (not sure if you can also change the IVs). If that is really the case, how can I tell if any pokemon I've acquired through trade is real or not? For example, today I traded a Persian on the GTS for a shiny Skrelp. How do I know if it was always shiny or just hacked? This has been bothering me for a while. Thanks.

There isn't really any way to tell, unless it also has moves it can't have, or stats that are throught the roof, or was caught/hatched in a place that you can't catch/hatch one in.

But its not really something to worry about, imo.

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
    Years
  • There isn't really any way to tell, unless it also has moves it can't have, or stats that are throught the roof, or was caught/hatched in a place that you can't catch/hatch one in.

But its not really something to worry about, imo.

Thank you, I was hoping there would be a way, but I guess it's still real. It just has a better (usually) coat of paint.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back