• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • All you have to do is breed a male Pokemon that's in the same Egg group as Lotad - and knows the move Giga Drain - with a female Lotad. Then, you'll get a Lotad with Giga drain.. If you go here you'll see what Pokemon you need to breed with Lotad.. There are a lot of Pokemon that can give Lotad Giga Drain...

Ps. If you're breeding for a Pokemon with perfect IVs make sure to check the Day-Care because they might delete the move to replace it with a new one... When I need to breed perfect IVs with Egg moves I keep deleting every move from the Pokemon and I only leave the Egg move. Hope I helped!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2014
    What this?

What exactly is this? I know is an 3DS game from the 6th gerenations but, to i like, i want know what exactly change.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What exactly is this? I know is an 3DS game from the 6th gerenations but, to i like, i want know what exactly change.
    Hi there. I've moved your question into the X/Y Q&A thread here.

To answer your question, X and Y have an entirely new region called Kalos (which is based off of France) and a new story. Besides the obvious upgrade to fully 3D graphics, new features include Mega Evolution, Super Training, Pokemon Amie, character customization, and Wonder Trade, to name a few. There are also some more subtle changes like changes to breeding mechanics and Steel losing its resistance to Dark and Ghost.

I've linked some of the keywords in my post to pages that'll give you more information about the new features I mentioned. If you have any more questions or anything, feel free to ask!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I went through all the trouble of breeding a 5IV Modest Unburden Swirlix just to find out that it is the only pokemon that can learn Sweet Veil. Should I have bred for that ability instead? I understand that it all depends on how you want to use the pokemon, but I never thought an ability that ONLY prevents sleep for your party was as useful as a boost in speed after eating a berry or otherwise losing an item, but since it is the only pokemon that can learn the ability, should I breed for it? (since Ability Capsule won't work because the Swirlix I have has it's hidden ability)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I went through all the trouble of breeding a 5IV Modest Unburden Swirlix just to find out that it is the only pokemon that can learn Sweet Veil. Should I have bred for that ability instead? I understand that it all depends on how you want to use the pokemon, but I never thought an ability that ONLY prevents sleep for your party was as useful as a boost in speed after eating a berry or otherwise losing an item, but since it is the only pokemon that can learn the ability, should I breed for it? (since Ability Capsule won't work because the Swirlix I have has it's hidden ability)

I'm afraid Unburden is the Swirlix line's preferred ability. It makes up for their subpar Speed. This ability is also the sole reason why Belly Drum Slurpuff is viable.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2015
    Gardevoir mega stone

Ive tried to locate Diantha, and Ive been to the right cafe several times.. But she just isnt there. Ive completed the game. I really want that mega stone, help please ^.^

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    well if you say you have beaten the game, and you say you have been to the correct cafe, then its hard to say what the issue is. maybe you just THINK your at the right cafe? for the sake of this thread i will just say that it is Cafe Soliel.

the only 2 requirements seem to be entered into the hall of fame, and going to the correct cafe. maybe you have to have made at least SOME progress into the post game side quest. or maybe you need to first have the mega ring upgrade.

hope i was able to help you or others with this same issue, good luck ^^

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ive tried to locate Diantha, and Ive been to the right cafe several times.. But she just isnt there. Ive completed the game. I really want that mega stone, help please ^.^
    I moved your question into this thread, the X/Y Q&A thread, btw.

Diantha will only appear in Cafe Soleil once you've upgraded your Mega Ring. In order to do this, take the train down to Kiloude City and win one battle in the Battle Maison. Then head to the back of town and defeat Calem/Serena, who will tell you that Sycamore wants to see you (and they give you Absolite as well). Fly on over to Anistar City and go to the sundial (that purdy crystal). Talk to the professor and he'll upgrade your Mega Ring. Now you can get all the remaining Mega Stones, including the Gardevoirite.

Years
  • Ive done all that and she is not there :c... Oh well

Cafe Soleil (the one where you first meet her talking to Lysandre)? Are you in the middle of the Looker missions by any chance? Because I recall that event occurs once you enter Lumiose City after upgrading your Mega Ring. If you are, try doing them.

Years
  • Oval/Shiny Charm Requirements?

Can anyone tell me what the exact requirements are to obtain the two charms?

Do all of them have to be kalos native (except the legendaries)? Or do only the Kalos pokemon have to be native and the national dex pokemon can be from other games?

I can't find a straight answer online...

Years
  • To get Oval charm, you need to Complete Kalos Dex.
    To get Shiny charm, you need to Complete National Dex.

Only this. Doesn't matter what game it comes from.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    You need to complete the Kalos Pokedex for the Oval stone.
    The National Pokedex must be complete for the Shiny stone. Event Pokemon don't count so you don't need Diancie.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Also, I do not think event legendaries are required. You only need the legendaries that are not Events. In other words, you do not need the following.

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus, Shayman, Darkrai, Genesect, Melloetta, Keldeo, Diance, and the other two event legends for Kalos.

However, I am not sure about Manaphy and Phione. They have never been catchable in game. And Manaphy hasn't had an event in years.

Also, the pokemon do not have to be native to Kalos. You just need them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Also, I do not think event legendaries are required. You only need the legendaries that are not Events. In other words, you do not need the following.

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus, Shayman, Darkrai, Genesect, Melloetta, Keldeo, Diance, and the other two event legends for Kalos.

However, I am not sure about Manaphy and Phione. They have never been catchable in game. And Manaphy hasn't have an event in years.

Also, the pokemon do not have to be native to Kalos. You just need them.

Manaphy and Phione are not required too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Pokemon obtained for the Kalos pokedex must be Kalos-born, but the national dex doesn't matter.
    Actually, they don't have to be Kalos born for the Kalos Dex. I have the certificates for the completion of the Kalos Dex as well as the Oval Charm, and there's a few Pokemon whose entries I got from Pokemon transferred from PokeBank.

There is a slight difference in the appearance and wording of the certificates if they aren't all Kalos born (and some crown thing doesn't appear on the Pokedex), but you still get the Oval Charm and certificates regardless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back