• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Zen Mode Darmanitan is not worth using at all. Ever. While you may be already aware of this, Zen Mode only activates at half-health, and at this point, even though Darmanitan's defenses are significantly increased in this form, they're wasted when it's on the verge of being KOed.
    Doesn't negate that I still want it and want opinions on how it should be EV trained and what nature it should have. :-) Just because something is hard to figure out doesn't mean it should be given up on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I have one source telling me Masuda method is 1/1200 chances of a Shiny. Another said 1/1000 and another 1/800 something.

Which one is true?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Doesn't negate that I still want it and want opinions on how it should be EV trained and what nature it should have. :-) Just because something is hard to figure out doesn't mean it should be given up on.

I'm sticking to my point that Zen Mode Darmanitan is a gimmick. I'm sure someone else can point you in the right direction, but for now, I can't suggest anything for that reason alone.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I have one source telling me Masuda method is 1/1200 chances of a Shiny. Another said 1/1000 and another 1/800 something.

Which one is true?

depends on what you have breeding, the lowest is 1/800 with a different region pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Which one is true?

In generation four, the chances were somewhere around 1/1638 I believe. From gen five and onwards, they were changed to 1/1365. I'm not an expert at this though, so I may be wrong. :p

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    It was 1/1365 in Gen V, but X and Y doubled the chance to get a shiny, so it's 2/1365, or about 1/683. That is, if the Masuda Method still increases the chance to get a shiny by the same amount. With a Shiny Charm, this would be 1/512.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm sticking to my point that Zen Mode Darmanitan is a gimmick. I'm sure someone else can point you in the right direction, but for now, I can't suggest anything for that reason alone.

Oh it's a gimmick? Well then I don't want it anymore. Thanks for clearing that up. ;-) The whole concept of pokemon is a gimmick, tens of millions of people worldwide are spending hundreds of hours to get bits of data on a video game system. If an entire gaming community dedicated to competitive battling can be utterly destroyed by a surskit with Double Team then there's definitely got to be SOME way to make Darmanitan useful. Just giving up never accomplishes anything.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh it's a gimmick? Well then I don't want it anymore. Thanks for clearing that up. ;-) The whole concept of pokemon is a gimmick, tens of millions of people worldwide are spending hundreds of hours to get bits of data on a video game system. If an entire gaming community dedicated to competitive battling can be utterly destroyed by a surskit with Double Team then there's definitely got to be SOME way to make Darmanitan useful. Just giving up never accomplishes anything.

You...really don't like the evasion clause, do you?

But that's not important. I'll try to help you with your Zen Mode Darmanitan. If I was gonna EV train one, I'd think training it in Defense and Sp.Defense would be best, to maximize its defensive capabilities. Or you pick which side you wanna tank, physical or special, then put the EVs into HP and the defensive stat you picked. One of those should hopefully get it down to Zen Mode HP range without endangering it too much. It might be able to make use of Roar and Toxic.

The hard part about using it is that it'll revert to regular mode if its HP goes over 50%, but Leftovers still might be useful since it'll be taking hits anyway.

You're probably gonna just have to test it out on Showdown or something a lot, learn by trial and error.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    1. For the battle chateau, does defeating trainers make room for new trainers to appear more quickly? Or is it independent, and they disappear and reappear at their own schedule?

2. If you have egg moves on a pokemon, and the pokemon forgets these egg moves while in the daycare, will the child be born with these egg moves even though the parent forgot them? If so, is it possible for a child pokemon to be born with more than 4 egg moves and to heart scale them back?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You...really don't like the evasion clause, do you?

But that's not important. I'll try to help you with your Zen Mode Darmanitan. If I was gonna EV train one, I'd think training it in Defense and Sp.Defense would be best, to maximize its defensive capabilities. Or you pick which side you wanna tank, physical or special, then put the EVs into HP and the defensive stat you picked. One of those should hopefully get it down to Zen Mode HP range without endangering it too much. It might be able to make use of Roar and Toxic.

The hard part about using it is that it'll revert to regular mode if its HP goes over 50%, but Leftovers still might be useful since it'll be taking hits anyway.

You're probably gonna just have to test it out on Showdown or something a lot, learn by trial and error.

oooh! I never thought of that, that showdown site would be a GREAT way to test out some stuff! Thanks very much for the help and EV suggestions

1. For the battle chateau, does defeating trainers make room for new trainers to appear more quickly? Or is it independent, and they disappear and reappear at their own schedule?

2. If you have egg moves on a pokemon, and the pokemon forgets these egg moves while in the daycare, will the child be born with these egg moves even though the parent forgot them? If so, is it possible for a child pokemon to be born with more than 4 egg moves and to heart scale them back?

1. It's not so much defeating trainers (although you should defeat them as you come across them) but it seems to be either time or going in and out of rooms, because I had about 3 trainers and no others so I started running around in and out of rooms and all the way around and EVENTUALLY trainers started slowly showing up here and there. It seems to take a while though.

2. I can only repeat what I heard so I'm not completely sure, however, many pokemon, including the final evolved forms, have several moves they don't learn but can be relearned using the heart scale even if they never knew those moves to begin with. Egg moves can also be relearned this same way, but only if that pokemon had know the move at some point (was at least born with it) not any of it's other egg moves unless it learned those too the same way. If the pokemon doesn't actively have that move, then it will not get passed onto the baby. You will need to take it to the move relearner to get the move back, then breed it while it knows the egg move. Because of that, the baby can only learn the egg moves known by the parent at the time of breeding, not if they once knew the move but no longer know it.

As for the child and more than 4 egg moves, that brings up an interesting question. Even though the egg moves used to only come from the father so this was never an issue as you could only get a max of 4 egg moves, with the current gen there is also now a small chance the mother can pass down egg moves too, just not as high a chance as the father. So in that situation, I don't know what would take priority. I know that's not the situation you were presenting, but it is something to find out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Trading help?

I got Pokemon Y today and me and my friend swapped friend codes, and have each other registered in each other's ds's. We're connected to WiFi but we aren't appearing on the friends thing on the touch screen in game??? Anybody know what might be wrong?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I just found a "Shadow Tag" 'Wobbuffet?" in some cave, and is it rare?

It was a dream world ability last generation, so?

so it's level 22 and is female, for some more info

is anyone interested in it? Sorry, I don't know if it's rare

-_-

oops, it's the normal ability

not dreamworld

not special

etc.

but still, it's female, so anyone want? I really want that clauncher X exclusive pokemon.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Check your friend's list to make sure they're not provisional or anything, they may appear on the Passerby list too, I'm not entirely sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Even though your 3DS' are connected to wifi, is the game? In the Friends screen there is a blue wave button in the top right of the screen, if you see the waves, you are not connected. Tap it and choose to connect. Once you see "Internet" over the button, then you are connected to the internet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Even though your 3DS' are connected to wifi, is the game? In the Friends screen there is a blue wave button in the top right of the screen, if you see the waves, you are not connected. Tap it and choose to connect. Once you see "Internet" over the button, then you are connected to the internet.

Yes, my game was, and he said his was.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    When a Pokemon gains exp. after you capture a wild Pokemon, does it gain EV as well?

In anything Pokemon Battle related, if the Pokemon receives EXP it gains EVs from the Pokemon it battled. So, if you catch a Pokemon, you get EVs. If you KO a Pokemon and have EXP Share on, they all get the EVs. If you catch a Pokemon with EXP Share on, they all get EVs. If you switch out and KO the Pokemon, all Pokemon that were in battle receive EVs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back