• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Does anyone know how to get a dusk stone? D: I've tried searching online, but everyone says different things. I want to evolve my Doublade... but I'm not sure how to obtain a dusk stone. >< Sue me, I don't normally need to ask for help when it comes to pokemon. :[

I got mine from the Super Training, the one with Aegislash I think. You unlock a new section by getting a fully EV trained Pokemon, I'm pretty sure.

Feunard

Random Trainer
    Years
  • For IV breeding. I have two parents with 5 perfect IVs each. Does it matter which ones are missing to get a flawless pokemon? Do they have to be missing different IVs or the same one? Sorry. I'm really new to IV breeding.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anyone know how to get a dusk stone? D: I've tried searching online, but everyone says different things. I want to evolve my Doublade... but I'm not sure how to obtain a dusk stone. >< Sue me, I don't normally need to ask for help when it comes to pokemon. :[

There's 3 ways you can get a Dusk Stone:

1) There's one somewhere in Terminus Cave
    2) A Team Flare Grunt will give you one in Laverre City, once you've beaten the Elite 4
    3) You can get one as a reward for completing one of the Secret Super Training regimens (requires a Pokemon with maxed EVs).

And there's nothing wrong with asking for help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I thought I just asked it this morning, but i don't see it so I'll ask again.

Does anyone know why Pokebox is only allowing storage from BW/B2W2? I have a lot of stuff in HG and PEarl that I never transfered (cause it was a pain, and I only have one ds). Has Nintendo/Gamefreak said if they may open older games to it in the future?

It's probably because they're one of the most recent games. And as far as I'm aware, PokéBank is, unfortunately, not going to be compatible with gen four. ): Well it might be, but only time will tell. If they were planning to include fourth-gen games, then they would've posted an announcement on their website most likely, which they didn't. If D/P/PT and HG/SS don't end up working with PokéBank, then only way to have your Pokémon transferred from them is by using PokéTransfer in BW/B2W2.

Sleeping Eevee

Let Sleeping Eves Lie
    Years
  • For IV breeding. I have two parents with 5 perfect IVs each. Does it matter which ones are missing to get a flawless pokemon? Do they have to be missing different IVs or the same one? Sorry. I'm really new to IV breeding.

Slap a destiny knot on each is my suggestion. I believe that has a chance to pass down both IVs...though I may be mistaken. New to IV breeding too, so it's a learning experience!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    Does anyone else have a Ditto safari? I have added AND contacted everyone on the spreadsheet and NONE of them answered or added back. I'm really want to start breeding perfect pokemon.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • There's 3 ways you can get a Dusk Stone:

1) There's one somewhere in Terminus Cave
    2) A Team Flare Grunt will give you one in Laverre City, once you've beaten the Elite 4
    3) You can get one as a reward for completing one of the Secret Super Training regimens (requires a Pokemon with maxed EVs).

And there's nothing wrong with asking for help.

Okay thanks. :D Terminus Cave sounds like the easiest way for me to get one, so I'll try that. ^^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Slap a destiny knot on each is my suggestion. I believe that has a chance to pass down both IVs...though I may be mistaken. New to IV breeding too, so it's a learning experience!

Wrong. Having only 1 parent hold Destiny Knot is enough, as it guarantees the inheritance of 5 random IVs from each parent (3 from one, 2 from the other; the last is randomly generated).

Sleeping Eevee

Let Sleeping Eves Lie
    Years
  • Does anyone else have a Ditto safari? I have added AND contacted everyone on the spreadsheet and NONE of them answered or added back. I'm really want to start breeding perfect pokemon.

I's possible they filled up the spots for their friends list, since Ditto Friend Safaris are pretty popular. Try peeking around the friend code exchange thread, and perhaps ask if anyone with a ditto safari could add you.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Does anyone else have a Ditto safari? I have added AND contacted everyone on the spreadsheet and NONE of them answered or added back. I'm really want to start breeding perfect pokemon.

They get spammed SO.MUCH. There's no way to even RESPOND to all of them, let alone add everyone.

Sleeping Eevee

Let Sleeping Eves Lie
    Years
  • Wrong. Having only 1 parent hold Destiny Knot is enough, as it guarantees the inheritance of 5 random IVs from each parent (3 from one, 2 from the other; the last is randomly generated).

Ah, thanks for telling me! Saving me the trouble of finding a second one and I'll know for next time. Thought there was a benefit to both parents having one...but guess not.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    I's possible they filled up the spots for their friends list, since Ditto Friend Safaris are pretty popular. Try peeking around the friend code exchange thread, and perhaps ask if anyone with a ditto safari could add you.

I did that already, only people without ditto safaris responded ~_~

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Elow everyone.
    I wanna ask something, but first, intro~!

I've been saving up and I can finally buy myself a 3DS and Pokémon X or Y in December. It's going to be a Christmas Gift to myself (forever alone! ;_;).

But I'm wondering if it's already too late to join the X and Y fun.
    Should I still buy an X or Y (leaning closer to X atm) or just wait for a new version to come out?

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Does anyone know if Electabuzz or Tynamo are available in the Mountain Dex? Because I have too many special-based Pokemon on my team, but I also need an electric type to counter Gyarados, so I need to replace Pikachu with either of those two, who are physical-based.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Sorry, but these two Pokemon aren't in any dex let alone the Mountain dex. You could try looking for a Stunfisk, Rotom, Voltorb or Magnemite, as they are in the Mountain dex.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does anyone know if Electabuzz or Tynamo are available in the Mountain Dex? Because I have too many special-based Pokemon on my team, but I also need an electric type to counter Gyarados, so I need to replace Pikachu with either of those two, who are physical-based.

Sorry, but these two Pokemon aren't in any dex let alone the Mountain dex. You could try looking for a Stunfisk, Rotom, Voltorb or Magnemite, as they are in the Mountain dex.

To add, Electabuzz is only available in an Electric Friend Safari, which is a post-game area, and you need to register the right person's Friend Code to even see Electabuzz in the first place. Tynamo, on the other hand, isn't available at all in X/Y till Poke Bank. Electric Pokemon available in X/Y pre-National Dex:
    -Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
    -Voltorb/Electrode (former obtainable only by breeding)
    -Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone (former obtainable only by breeding)
    -Jolteon
    -Mareep/Flaafy/Ampharos
    -Plusle
    -Minun
    -Pachirisu
    -Emolga
    -Electrike/Manectric (Y only)
    -Rotom (Tuesdays only)
    -Stunfisk
    -Helioptile/Heliolisk
    -Dedenne

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Elow everyone.
    I wanna ask something, but first, intro~!

I've been saving up and I can finally buy myself a 3DS and Pokémon X or Y in December. It's going to be a Christmas Gift to myself (forever alone! ;_;).

But I'm wondering if it's already too late to join the X and Y fun.
    Should I still buy an X or Y (leaning closer to X atm) or just wait for a new version to come out?

Its never too late to buy the games.

They also just came out. Nothing else will come out for another year at the least. There is sometimes a 2 year gap before something new shows after the main titles, and then a year+ after that. We could still get the 2 year gap before a second set, third copy, or remakes (least likely choice atm but GF are known for their unpredictability) and a 3 year gap between generations. (3 year us a typical guess.)

So get X now while you want it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back