• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    This is the first time I've heard this. Can you confirm it?

To my knowledge and what I've tried out so far it only evolves in the pattern which fits your DS region (if it was originally caught by you).

he is right. every single i breed vivillon is one from my region

Years
  • Vivillon pattern is solely based on your region. Only way to change the Vivillons you "produce" is if you change your 3DS region and reset the game.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    To follow up my previous question, how do I plug the card into a computer?
    There might be an SD slot for it somewhere, there should be one on most laptops I think. If not I'm pretty sure you can buy like a USB adapter.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Is vivillon any good?

I love my vivillon and I would like to use it on one of my teams for online battles but it just doesn't seem like a very strong pokemon. I checked its base stats on serebii net and they are...okish. I really want to ev train the sun vivillon(only from mexico) that has pretty good ivs because i like its pattern but im not sure it would preform well. would you suggest using a vivillon online and if so what type of moves should it learn and what item should it hold?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    My Focus Sash, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance and Huricane Vivilon does well. Compound Eyes are the better ability to increase the chances of sleep powder and Hurican hitting.
    No idea what to use as my forth move though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love my vivillon and I would like to use it on one of my teams for online battles but it just doesn't seem like a very strong pokemon. I checked its base stats on serebii net and they are...okish. I really want to ev train the sun vivillon(only from mexico) that has pretty good ivs because i like its pattern but im not sure it would preform well. would you suggest using a vivillon online and if so what type of moves should it learn and what item should it hold?

I love Vivillon; it's a beautiful Pokémon. I'd use it in my in-game, too. But I wouldn't have it on my competitive team, though. Most of its stats are okay, but it's got very poor defenses, unfortunately, which make it very easy to take down. It is also super-effective against five other types—that's a lot.

I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A, by the way. ^^"

Merged.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

My Focus Sash, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance and Huricane Vivilon does well. Compound Eyes are the better ability to increase the chances of sleep powder and Hurican hitting.
    No idea what to use as my forth move though.

HD Platinum, use what Melonfrog recommended, and make its 4th move Powder. Powder has +1 priority and makes it so if the opposing Pokemon uses a Fire attack, it cancels that fire attack and the Pokemon takes damage. It's a nice move. As for EVs, just do 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack. That'll get you the most outta your Vivillion.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • This is the first time I've heard this. Can you confirm it?

To my knowledge and what I've tried out so far it only evolves in the pattern which fits your DS region (if it was originally caught by you).

Absolutely unconfirmable, afaik, the only think i can say is that i received an egg over a trade and it hatched into a polar vivillon (i usually find marine vivillons)
    English is not my language so i may have misunderstood his
    question

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I'm planning in getting Black or White 2. But are all the event Pokemon unavailable now? How would I get them? I want them for the bank that us releasing soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm planning in getting Black or White 2. But are all the event Pokemon unavailable now? How would I get them? I want them for the bank that us releasing soon.

There's currently a Dialga event going on for BW/B2W2, but unfortunately, it's available to those who reside in Greece. Unless you live there, you cannot get it; sorry. If you wish to get a hold of previous event Pokémon, then trading would be the only possible way. d: Head over to Trade Plaza and see if somebody's willing to give them to you. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    I'm breeding a Female dragonair with Marvelscale holding a destiny knot with a Male Dratini with Shed skin, holding an everstone for adamant nature.

I hatched around 40 eggs and NONE of them had marvelscale. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit.....And now that I posted about it the 41st egg had marvelscale! BUT STILL isn't it 60%!? Why do the other 40 have shed skin? :(

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm breeding a Female dragonair with Marvelscale holding a destiny knot with a Male Dratini with Shed skin, holding an everstone for adamant nature.

I hatched around 40 eggs and NONE of them had marvelscale. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit.....And now that I posted about it the 41st egg had marvelscale! BUT STILL isn't it 60%!? Why do the other 40 have shed skin? :(

Holy crap the RNG must've hated you. You should've gotten a Marvel Scale Adamant Dratini within the first 5 or so.

bleri1200

Bleri
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    I'm not sure if this should be in the Battle Center but, whatever. Can I have few good tips to get far in the Battle Maison? (like 250 far) And can I play in regular single battles and still get the Starf Berry at 250 or 200? Thank you

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I started the mansion place recently for some items, but I am confused as to how I am suppose to unlock more music. I have unlocked both super, single, double and triple battles yet I can only choose from four. I want number 6 and 7!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I started the mansion place recently for some items, but I am confused as to how I am suppose to unlock more music. I have unlocked both super, single, double and triple battles yet I can only choose from four. I want number 6 and 7!

As far as i know you can't unlock more in Battle Maison

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does having both parents with Multiscale have any effect on the chance of the little dratini's having it?

According to official sources, no. If mom and dad are same species, then mom has a 60% chance to pass ability. Dad passes ability if bred with ditto at a lower rate than mom does.

This is what GF has said about it, there may be more to it but officially these two are all we know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back