• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yeah, we get it, you like x! Stop talking about it!

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    How do you feel about fanboys/girls of a particular thing?

I absolutely hate it. It's like yeah, we get it, you like Homestuck! Shut up about it!

TY

There are some fanboys that you rather wanna throw into a pool of acid, but there are also some who arent that bad... For instance the CoD fanboys really annoy me cause in every yt vid of any other FPS game i always see "CoD is better" comments

Its not bad if you say it a few times, but if you keep saying it it gets annoying

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nothing, generally, but the MLPFIM fans whom shoehorn ponies into everything else are getting to be a bother. No other fandom is nearly so voracious.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think it's fine until they start changing the subject to the thing they like almost every single conversation. It's fine if you make a connection considering what we were talking about, but when they keep on rambling about the thing they are a fan of it gets kind of hard to talk to them. Most of the times, even if I've watched/read what they're talking about I can understand, but at the same time I can't because I'm not nearly as big of a fan.

Sirfetch’d

It doesn't bother me too much as long as they aren't shoving it at me ALL the time and trying to make me become a fan as well especially if I am not interested.

Years
  • Being a fanboy/girl isn't anything bad on its own. It's when you get obnoxious and shove it into everything where it goes over the line. There's always going to be someone like that, so I don't shun fanboys/girls in general for a few bad apples.

I was probably one of those obnoxious people when I was younger. Might still be at times. So that's why I'm so forgiving (besides being apathetic in general anyway). :p

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I enjoy it when people get excited while talking about things that they like, but if that's the only thing they talk about then I have no desire to engage in many conversations with them. Just because they like something to the point of thinking about it exclusively doesn't mean that I do, so chances are I won't be down for wasting two hours talking about it.

Also it's a pet peeve of mine when people try to drop fandom references into conversations just for the sake of doing it.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Regular Fanboys and Fangirls are fine, and a lot of times know a lot of interesting things about their topic of interest.

Obnoxious Fanboys and Fangirls on the other hand, are terrible and need to learn that just because they live and breathe something, most people don't. The best example of this would have to be when I had to a group writing project for my AP English class, and two of the members of my group tried to turn every draft we came up with into a Sherlock fanfiction, effectively angering me and the other person in the group.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • most fanboys/girls are okay, but the ones than get on my nerves are the ones who try to steer the conversation to their game/thing.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    All of my best friends are fan boys and fan girls, and I admit that I'm also a fan. I'm not addicted like them, though. I don't know Justin Bieber's life before his career kicked off, stuff like that. My best friends know exactly when Niall Horan had his first kiss, how One Direction was formed. Sometimes I find fan girls and fan boys really annoying, but then I wonder how fan girl I must seem to some other people, and then I don't get annoyed that much after that.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • It depends on the degree of their fan-status and how they convey themselves and that status.

Sometimes yes a person's enthusiasm can be particularly excessive, younger people often display this trait to some degree, but I usually forgive the youthful enthusiasm when I notice it's in play unless it's reached a level of excessive.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, there's tumblr for that. :P That's where I keep all my ponies and nascar fandom stuff and other things in there.

In terms of seeing fans like other things, I'm kinda the opposite. I get curious rather than moan and groan. I tolerate obnoxious fans, as I seem to have a high limit. But it's the "fake fans" that I cannot tolerate. Meaning, they are in the fandom, but they do not respect said fandom. Like, if you hate a certain thing a celebrity or a TV show has or does, then why the hell are you in the fandom in the first place?

I keep all my fangirlism on my tumblr page to respect others. Unless it's on my theme... xD

Nakala Pri

I think it is cute, but only when it is something like an adorable anime, a toy or Adventure Time. When it is Skyrim or hente or yaoi, I want to throw up. Its good being a huge fan of something because it distracts you. But when it starts to come to naked children and women taking their clothes off, I draw the line and I immediately take out my twin katana's and kill the viewer!!!

Years
  • Mainly just the ignorant ones that shove it down your throats and think everything else is stupid besides it. Like, 'What?! You don't like such and such?! What the hell is wrong with you?! Are you stupid?! Here have some such and such!!'

Like yeah, you're allowed to like something, but you don't need to force everyone else to like it too.

Oh and also the 'You can't like it cause I like it more' type. I dunno if you know these people, but it's mainly with music, eg 'Oh, you say you like this band hey? Name 10 of there songs and former band mates before they died and all albums and what year they were made, etc'.

Most fan girl boy band fan bases do annoy me though, such as 'Directioners', not as much because I no longer really have 1000 posts spamming my news feed and hearing them everywhere I go anymore. ;)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Fanboys and Fangirls alike are some of the most annoying creatures to walk this Earth.

I've compiled a list of the subjects most commonly obsessed over by some of the world's most annoying fans.
    -My Little Pony
    -Homestuck
    -Hetalia
    -Sonic the Hedgehog
    -Smash Bros
    -One Direction
    -Adventure Time
    -Xbox Live
    -Pokemon
    -PC Gamers
    -Zelda

Probably the most annoying fans are the self-proclaimed "Bronies". These vile creatures will shove their oversexualized depictions of fledgling horses into just about anything, from video games to movies. If you are on a thread on a forum, discussing something unrelated to ponies, a "Brony" may show up and begin prattling on about his horses. Luckily, this strange group of fans seems to be dying out, with more and more members wising up and doing something worthwhile with their lives.

An honorable mention for the most annoying fans would either be Homestuck or the entire anime fanbase. The Homestuck fanbase is plagued with intense racism, major hipsterism, and a sense of supremacy that would make the KKK cringe. Like the Bronies, many Homestuck fans prefer to tout their hobby as a "lifestyle" and treat it as such, throwing buckets at people, dyeing their bodies grey, and generally acting like crazy 7th-grade girls.

The anime fanbase is disorganized and chaotic, with many problems. Many of these fans spend outrageous amounts of cash on anime, overpriced costumes, DVDs, and expensive convention passes. A good number of these fans choose to indulge in their sickening fantasies by reading or writing hardcore fan-fiction that would make any normal person puke. To add to the insanity of the fanbase, several fans will hold on dearly to an "OTP" or "One True Pairing". If someone states that they disagree with the pairing, or that the canon disagrees with it, the fans who support that pairing will go ape, screaming insults and accusations in broken, poorly-spoken Japanese.

Among the other fanbases, there are several ones that stick out. Besides the three I outlined, honorable mentions go to the sailor-mouthed, screaming, juvenile Xbox Live fanbase, the vapid, furry-obsessed, "original" character making Sonic fanbase, and the smug, elitist, self-proclaimed "pro" Smash Bros. Fans.

Last edited:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • I'm not fond of people that think they're experts on something. You may know a lot about the topic, but you shouldn't bash other people because they don't know as much as you. And the usual people that don't stop talking the certain topic either.

But I'm not fond either of people that never stop talking about something they dislike. If they really dislike it, why even bring it up?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    To me, a fanboy/girl is a fan who is obssessed to their choice subject and is obnoxious for it, otherwise they're just fans. And yes, I hate them.
    I've compiled a list of the subjects most commonly obsessed over by some of the world's most annoying fans.
    -My Little Pony
    -Homestuck
    -Hetalia
    -Sonic the Hedgehog
    -Smash Bros
    -One Direction
    -Adventure Time
    -Xbox Live
    You forgot Pokemon. I don't like the Pokemon fanbase as a whole, but the fanboys/girls are TERRIBLE.

and the smug, elitist, self-proclaimed "pro" Smash Bros. Fans.
    These guys are fine. The pro Smash player is a lot nicer than other professional gamers, mainly other fighting games. There are Street Fighter players who considers anyone who started SF4 inferior regardless if the game is good. They take seniority too seriously.

Though, I'll give you one thing, Smash fans who are obsessed with characters speculations and all that are the worst. Jesus.

I mean there's nothing wrong with speculation, but a lot just take it too seriously. One single disagreement from someone (see: "I think Wario's current moveset is fine." "Lucario is probably gonna stay." "I don't think Isaac has a chance.") could turn into a flame war because the other is/both parties are far too sensitive. Someone made a rant about how DK Jungle Beat is such a terrible game just because I suggested DK to get a move from that game to replace his useless side B, which turned into an argument about how DKC1 is a masterpiece/mediocre game. :V I don't even know man.

Actually, add DKC/Rare fanboys to the list. Good lord. And Fire Emblem Awakening/Persona fanboys while you're at it...actually, every single fanboy of something is terrible.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Fanboyism is very, very annoying. During my time on the internet, I've seen countless fanboys embarrass themselves with horrible fan art, stupid obsessions and most of all the patented always on seriousness of them. But the worst part is the criticism of there cliquey followings. Rather than using actual counter-arguments, most of them just throw insults at you.

I find all of them - no exceptions from me - completely insufferable. It's okay to have something like a Tumblr blog where you reblog the TV shows, movies and video games and to debate things like what your favourite pokemon generation is or what your favourite Beatles album civilly. I like to think I am a civil fan of many things, and I tend to skip many heated debates as the things I enjoy and talk about as they can often be laden with stupid fanboy logic.

Elgyem said:
    -My Little Pony
    -Homestuck
    -Hetalia
    -Sonic the Hedgehog
    -Smash Bros
    -One Direction
    -Adventure Time
    -Xbox Live

Going to throw Pokémon (Like Spinosarus said above), PC Gaming (Especially the dreaded pc versus console wars) and the Zelda fanbase (Might as well extended to the entire whiny, immature Nintendo fanboys too) in the dishonourable mentions bucket.

Oh, you get big kudos for putting Homestuck on there too. I'm sick of seeing that.... thing everywhere, and it just looks annoying and pretentious.

Years
  • Apple fanboys.

They're extremely defensive of all Apple products and bash the crap out of Windows products, when they probably haven't ever even used a Windows computer themselves. Sure there may be some people who prefer Apple over others, but I'm talking about the extreme Apple fanboys.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I mean, fanbases annoy me from time to time since I frequent some sites where stans of all kinds frequent and their arguments and discussions with each other make me feel like I'm losing my intelligence. I try to remember, though, that I'm also a member of a fair share of fanbases and have a tendency to have stanlike tendencies when it comes to discussing my favs.

Nothing, generally, but the MLPFIM fans whom shoehorn ponies into everything else are getting to be a bother. No other fandom is nearly so voracious.
    What about Beliebers or Team Breezy? They're far worse than any MLP fans.

Back