• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    @Renton Thurston,

You'll need another new clean Fire Red file for the new patch. Now, if you want to load your old file, you'll have to rename your old file the same as your new PYAFRH rom. For example:

New File: Pokemon YFRA. Old save file: Pokemon YetAnotherFireRed
    Old save file ------------> Pokemon YFRA.

For the new save file, since it's from an previous version, you'll have to manually go to:

File
    - Load
    - Open Pokemon YFRA (save file, not GBA file).

After this, you can go back to saving it normally like, 'Shift+F1.' Then save it in the actual game.

Hope my response helps you.
    Yeah, thanks for your response however I play my GBA roms on my Android device, so how would I load the old save files on that? o:

-Renton

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Oh I'm sorry if I'm going to ask another question but, how do you get Genesect in 'Pokemon Yet Another Fire Red Hack'?

Check out Cerulean Cave after you beat the game.

Check the item notes and it doesnt look like it but did you put in the rocky helmet?

Nope. Not likely to add it soon either, as I find it more annoying than useful and it'd be non-trivial to implement.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    @Renston Thurston,

Oh... I see... D: I'm sorry, I don't play GBA on Android, so I do not possess the knowledge regarding GBA on Androids, (>_<).

I'm sorry if I couldn't help you any further.

@DoesntKnowHowToPlay,

Oh, ok. Thanks for your response. When I went to the Cerulean Cave, I saw the Brock. Does that mean all of the Gym Leaders will be there? (>_<).

Thanks in advance, (^^)

Oh yeah, where is the 'Unknown Dungeon' located in the hack by the way. (>_<)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Check out Cerulean Cave after you beat the game.

Nope. Not likely to add it soon either, as I find it more annoying than useful and it'd be non-trivial to implement.

Yea, i figured as much, but i was hoping that my Ferrothorn could be that little bit better haha (even tho he already kills everything....except fire)

Loving the hack so far btw, awsome additions and the difficulty is awsome. Breaths some new life into FR. On a side note, lookee what i found =)...tried to post a pic, but no 15 posts yet haha....lurker. Not as exciting but its a Shiny Cloyster!, love the blue

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Can i release a hack ? Using ur hack as base main reason for which is physical and special split and i dont knw how to make new attacks if its ok with you only then will i realease it or i have no problem keeping it to myself :) the hack is basically same with a diff roster mostly in pre-evolutions and eevee is included some of my own custom sprites like sharpedo has a tail gible line has horns removed dragonnite has bigger wings and all legendries as events ... with ow sprites

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Can i release a hack ? Using ur hack as base main reason for which is physical and special split and i dont knw how to make new attacks if its ok with you only then will i realease it or i have no problem keeping it to myself :) the hack is basically same with a diff roster mostly in pre-evolutions and eevee is included some of my own custom sprites like sharpedo has a tail gible line has horns removed dragonnite has bigger wings and all legendries as events ... with ow sprites

I would prefer if you didn't. The information on battle scripting is documented and not hard to figure out if you look into it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    I would prefer if you didn't. The information on battle scripting is documented and not hard to figure out if you look into it.
    no problem doesnt :) i respect your statement and :D hehe i really love the physical and special split you made :D <3 i will just keep it to myself :) it was just a fork of your hack :D basically cux i wanted eevee in your hack :D anyways very solid made hack Doesnt played it three times already <3

Years
    • Age 34
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I kinda forget what to do here....Do I patch it on a new FireRed ROM and rename the save file to match the new ROM or what? I don't wanna cause a glitch or anything...

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    I kinda forget what to do here....Do I patch it on a new FireRed ROM and rename the save file to match the new ROM or what? I don't wanna cause a glitch or anything...

Get your FR rom, make a zip file of it (so you can always extract a clean rom for other hacks) Extract it, name the extracted file the same as your save file (except the gba extension of course) and patch it. As long as the rom and your save are named the same, it should work beautifully.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    @Renston Thurston,

Oh... I see... D: I'm sorry, I don't play GBA on Android, so I do not possess the knowledge regarding GBA on Androids, (>_<).

I'm sorry if I couldn't help you any further.
    Hm I see, well thank you for your efforts ^^ Is there someone else who can potentially help me with my predicament? I'm currently in Victory Road and I wanna finish off the LP but I could really use the Technician boost for my Weaville and Scizor lol so if somebody knows how to patch the new IPS unto my game while keeping my save data on my android device that would be great. Thanks,

-Renton

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hm I see, well thank you for your efforts ^^ Is there someone else who can potentially help me with my predicament? I'm currently in Victory Road and I wanna finish off the LP but I could really use the Technician boost for my Weaville and Scizor lol so if somebody knows how to patch the new IPS unto my game while keeping my save data on my android device that would be great. Thanks,

-Renton

Save files are 100% of the time kept as with any other emulator, seperate (actually most of the time everything is the same as their PC counterparts unless your app is ancient... these days emulator cores are the exact same as the latest emulators). Update everything and you have no problem as long as names are the same. For extra insurance find your save file and rename it to the exact same name as the Rom if it isn't already.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016

-Renton

Which emulator are you using?

Either way, you save is separate from the rom....so i believe that if you just patch a new rom, name it EXACTLY the same, and place it in the same directory, the emulator will essentially see it as the same game.

I play on android as well, using the Gameboid emulator. Save states are placed directly in the folder the ROM is in, and i have no issues patching and replacing the rom and my saves still being detected.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    Which emulator are you using?

Either way, you save is separate from the rom....so i believe that if you just patch a new rom, name it EXACTLY the same, and place it in the same directory, the emulator will essentially see it as the same game.

I play on android as well, using the Gameboid emulator. Save states are placed directly in the folder the ROM is in, and i have no issues patching and replacing the rom and my saves still being detected.

Save files are 100% of the time kept as with any other emulator, seperate (actually most of the time everything is the same as their PC counterparts unless your app is ancient... these days emulator cores are the exact same as the latest emulators). Update everything and you have no problem as long as names are the same. For extra insurance find your save file and rename it to the exact same name as the Rom if it isn't already.
    Oh I see, so do I have to get another clean patch of Fire Red where I than patch the IPS to it and change the SAV file to the exact name as the ROMS?

-Renton

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Can I request a lunatic version with but with ev gains? I like creating "custom" builds on pokemon and the only way of making it at least usable is grinding specific ev to match my build. Thank you.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Can I request a lunatic version with but with ev gains? I like creating "custom" builds on pokemon and the only way of making it at least usable is grinding specific ev to match my build. Thank you.

use yape . . .then look up pokemons on pokemondb and add evs accordingly ... or you can use pge export all pokemons from the " Original " yet another firered hack and import them over lunatic patch again using pge hope i helped

doesnt , where can i get the vega yet another firered hack ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    use yape . . .then look up pokemons on pokemondb and add evs accordingly ... or you can use pge export all pokemons from the " Original " yet another firered hack and import them over lunatic patch again using pge hope i helped

doesnt , where can i get the vega yet another firered hack ?

I prefer grinding for them manually that's why I am requesting a modified version of lunatic so at least I still need to work for them. Thanks for the suggestion btw.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    I prefer grinding for them manually that's why I am requesting a modified version of lunatic so at least I still need to work for them. Thanks for the suggestion btw.

ummm actually :3 its just going to add evs to wild pokemons and trainers alike so you will have to grind manually i can make tht patch for you but doesnt wont allow that :O

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    ummm actually :3 its just going to add evs to wild pokemons and trainers alike so you will have to grind manually i can make tht patch for you but doesnt wont allow that :O

That's sad... But I hope doesnt will notice my request and make an official version of it... That would really be cool..

Back