• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You died today

Sirfetch’d

do you have any regrets on how you lived your life?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Basically what Wenty said - I would be sad that I didn't get the chance to get married, buy a house, travel the world, but I wouldn't regret how I lived. I've made mistakes but no more than the average person I bet.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Yes, plenty.

The main one being not taking school as seriously as I should and missing out on the chance to go to college and better myself.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    You died today

You died today

But yeah, no ragrets. I wouldn't have wanted to live any other way, despite all the **** I have to put up with on a daily basis.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yes, plenty.

The main one being not taking school as seriously as I should and missing out on the chance to go to college and better myself.

Wait, if you died tomorrow you would regret not taking school so seriously? I feel like if I knew I was going to die young I would regret taking school seriously at all because school is an investment for the future, not something fun in the moment.

Not criticizing, just wondering.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Wait, if you died tomorrow you would regret not taking school so seriously? I feel like if I knew I was going to die young I would regret taking school seriously at all because school is an investment for the future, not something fun in the moment.

Not criticizing, just wondering.

Yeah but that's assuming I knew I was going to die today. Even so, if I died at an age as young as 21 i'd regret having not made more of what little time I spent alive, so my point still stands, really.

Years
    Yeah. I live my life under the assumption I will live to be around 70-80+.

If I was under the assumption I would die before 25, I would not make any short-term sacrifices for long-term happiness, as life would not be long-term.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    The cause of death would be regrettable because I had no plans to die today, or any time soon as things stand.

I've had the odd blip in life but nothing particularly major that I'm absolutely kicking myself over. Any burned bridges have been rebuilt and are much nicer looking bridges than they were. That or no bridge at all suited me. My interactions with other people are probably what matter most to me, above all else. Though I like to savour a small number of them rather than feeling overwhelmed, which I have been lately. Maybe I'll regret weeks like this where I've been horribly overwhelmed rather than actually turning people away and having a quieter week.

tl;dr: ignore all that. I plan to die in maybe another 48 years. we'll see how that goes.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Kinda but not really. I haven't had any real struggles, I've had a lot of pain though. I'd regret never having had a lasting relationship where the person that I was with I actually cared about. I'd regret never having done anything worthy of mentioning. I'd regret that I never made an impact on someone's life he way I wish I would be able to.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was going to say "absolutely, everybody has regrets". But then I reread the question.

I don't necessarily regret how I have lived my life, I do regret the outcome of some actions, and I think those are different things.

I would regret not seeing my future though.

More realistic answer though, if I were gone I'd be unable to regret anyway XD

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    I don't regret how I lived my life one bit. I wouldn't have learned the lessons of my mistakes, nor enjoy the pleasures that I have experienced, if things were different. The only aspect of death, at this time, that I would not like is not being able to see my daughter grow up, or see my fiancé become my husband and age with me. I have every intention of filling both of their lives with as much happiness as I am capable of. It would be a shame if that could not be done.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I have a couple regrets. I've done bad things to good people and I've made very very dumb decisions in life that I wish I would be able to fix, but in the same way I'm glad I made those bad decisions, because they made me who I am today. And yunno.. I like myself lmao. Also I'd like to see how people would react to my death, and I'd like to be able to see how the people I know would grow up and change, kind of a mix between an afterlife thing and a regret i guess.

faf

Queen of Dragons
    Years
    Death is a scary thought and dying today would mean (as said) I would never finished my university (I'm only 21), personal projects, stuff on my bucket list, etc. I'm more scared about losing my precious memories since I heard once you die, you will lose your earthly memories so I guess also regretting stuff is meaningless (as said). Plus, I'm like a lot of people, I did a lot of things I wish I never have done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I can only think of one thing I might regret. I've thought about it so many times that I've come to the conclusion that even if I did it a different way I think the outcome would eventually reach the same ending.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm dead, so why would regrets matter? That's pretty much my stance on dying with regrets. I have regrets now that I would like to have changed, but once I'm near death, those things don't matter anymore. Regrets are only regrets because if they were different, they would drastically change my quality of living. That's the only reason I regret something. Because I think my life currently would be a lot better if things were different.

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I'd probably regret not rebelling against my parents and try majoring in Astronomy. But eh, Pharmacy's good too. Too bad I'll never make a single capsule before I died (today). :/

I'd prefer to live another 52 years thank you very much.

Back