• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You found me Pot o’ Gold

Sirfetch’d

Ok, maybe leprechauns aren't real and you won't be getting rich by stumbling upon a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, but let's say you did inherit a large sum of cash. What would you do with all of this money? Would you spend it right away and live the dream or would you save it?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    depends on how much money this is.

if it were like 1 billion dollars I would like invest 10 million into google or something

then I would buy a crap load of games for my game boy color.

I would then actually buy games instead of *borrowing* them

Years
  • I'd probably save it until I thought of something that I'd need. One thing I'd probably spend it on is my dream house and any other living accommodations to go along with it, however I wouldn't spend it immediately on that considering that I am fine living at my parents' home for now and I still need to get into school instead of focusing on living away from home.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    - pay off my credit card
    - pay off my car
    - save the rest. not for anything but to build up my savings.

Sirfetch’d

- pay off my car
    - save the rest. not for anything but to build up my savings.

That is definitely the smart thing to do and probably what I would do if I were on my own and had bills. However right now, I'd honesty blow it if I had that much money. No it isn't the smart thing to do and I would definitely regret it a few years down the road, but I am a person who lives for the moment and I cannot save money well at all so I would enjoy it and have fun. I'd probably buy an expensive car, take long vacations, and just blow the rest on video games and food.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • Lets say tha "large amount of money" is 1 billion dollars lol. I would spend halve of it for my familly. like buy us a nice house. we can move to a nice big city too. I can buy a van and a truck for my grandma and a nice car for my auntie. I would then take a quarter of the other halve and spend it on some games ect. Finally I would put the rest in a bank and keep it their untill I need it again

Sirfetch’d

Lets say tha "large amount of money" is 1 billion dollars lol. I would spend halve of it for my familly. like buy us a nice house. we can move to a nice big city too. I can buy a van and a truck for my grandma and a nice car for my auntie. I would then take a quarter of the other halve and spend it on some games ect. Finally I would put the rest in a bank and keep it their untill I need it again

Yeah, I think spending it on family is a good way to go with it really. Honestly even though I didn't mention it in my previous post, I'd probably pay of all of my parent's bills with some of the money before I go and blow it all. I just feel like it would be the right thing to do.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Stare at the money blankly until somebody steals it. Considering this money is legit, I'll have to give off 30% as tax (boo) and about 90% of the rest as family savings. 10% of it I'll eventually use up for the daily pleasures of life.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    If it was a billion dollars... Well, my parents could stop working, my grandparents on both sides would never have to worry about money ever again, and...actually, none of us would have to worry! We could live out our dream life anywhere we wanted!

sigh

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Regardless of the amount I'd save half of it right away. Half of a large sum of money is definitely worth saving.

With the other half I'd probably end up wasting it by buying a house, a car, toys, a boat, etc. until I either run out of wants or money. Chances are I'd run out of wants before I'd run out of money.

Years
  • Assuming I'd have a legitimate claim to it, assuming it's a large enough amount, I'd quit my job and find a less demanding one and use the money to offset however much less money I'd have. Of course, if it was a whole lot of money I'd just live off that. Probably wouldn't do anything different than I normally do and would just save most of it and use whatever else for necessities. Pretty boring really.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I'd put it away to save for later and be safe. As well, perhaps earn some interest on!

Otherwise, I'd definitely keep a small house and cheaper car. Why blow all your money on a big house's mortgage and expensive car loan? I'd rather spend it on video games and anime/cute merchandise. ;D

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • It depends how much money it is. If it's several thousand, I would put it in a savings account and just spend it as I wish. If it's millions or more, I would put it in a savings account for myself and family to spend as we wish. And I would buy myself a nicer car. (probably a twin-turbo RX-7 FD at the moment, and when I get bored of it I can sell/donate it and buy a twin-turbo Supra or something... choices :P)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I would probably save it. I never spend any money on anything extra that I don't need, so I can't imagine what I would spend it on. I'd probably pay my way through college, as my parents have the unfortunate fate of sending three of us through college at the same time. Hooray community college!

Anyway, getting back to the topic, After college I really don't know. I'd probably end up saving it until retirement or until I really needed it. Maybe build a roller coaster in my backyard, as they are an obsession of mine.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I'd definitely save it. If it was an incredibly large sum though I'd invest in properties as well as purchase one for myself. I'm not sure if I'll continue working though!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I'd honestly would become a collector of things, I'm thinking I'd become a mobile phone collector if I ever got a large sum of cash. Saving a bit of it for a rainy day wouldn't hurt as well.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd save the money and buy things I want/need, like the basic needs (food, water, house) and trading cards/video games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I'd likely would invest it in a future education for myself - delving into accounting. By then, I'll hopefully would be able to drive a car, & thus get one for myself. Me & mom have already bought a house for ourselves, so we'll be moving into that once everything's said & done.

The rest will get sent to my bank account for future use if need be.

Back