• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You have played Pokémon too much when...

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
    You've played too much Pokemon when you use Pokemon names to help memorizing new words.

Guilty as charged when I associated "shiro" (Japanese for "white") with Reshiram when my classmates back in high school rolled with Shinchan's dog instead, by the way.

Years
    You have played too much Pokémon when you are a policeman and, as you spot and approach a group of people in the street in the middle of the night, and you see then that they are playing Pokémon Go, you start playing it whith them! (yes, I heard that truly happened)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    --You have tried to attach energy to playing cards (and then subsequently wondered what the Ace of spades' energy requirements are)
    --People stop you on the street asking for help with their Pokemon games
    --You have so much Poke-merchandise, Nintendo World orders from you
    --You assign songs from the games or the show to every phone number in your contact list (eg. the Pokemon Center theme to the doctor's office, Prof. Oak's theme to the school phone number, etc.)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    --You wonder why dog shows and cat shows don't feature appeal competitions
    --You imagine what different sports (besides golf and baseball) might look like with Pokemon in them.
    --You bring your preferred Pikachu doll to a nice restaurant--just in case you get challenged to a battle.
    --You have gotten the "aren't we a little old for Pokemon?" talk on at least one occasion.

Back