• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

**** you

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
  • I curse a fair bit. Like Livewire said, I know when it's appropriate and when its not.

I don't curse when it comes to other people though. There are some perfectly rude terms and I find it insanely disrespectful to call people them. Unless I have no respect for the person, but even then my own moral code discourages me from using them. (C***, F*****, etc.)

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I don't have anything for or against, but I don't do it that often, except for certain places when I feel like it's appropriate.

I mean, I don't avoid it, like if something I need to get away from bad that happens I'll say "oh ****" like any normal person. Though if I can substitute a word in quickly I'll do that when I remember.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I use to curse frequently but that changed 3 years ago, I decided not to curse anymore as well as improve other parts of my character (I was becoming more religious so to speak). That's not to say that people who curse have bad character but it's against my morals to curse, there are better ways to express emotions in my view... That being said, I have no problems with people who curse around, just as long as I don't curse! ;P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Online, I don't curse at all. Not even a bit. In the real world, I curse only when I find it extremely necessary. In my opinion, swearing puts a lot of emotion into what you say, so I try to use curse words very wisely. I used to curse more often when I was younger, but as I grew up, that started to change. xD

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • All the time. I make a game out of chaining together swears to create new, unique compound swears. It's amazing how many possibilities there are. Hell, you can say something in the tone of swearing and make it sound like a swear.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I usually keep it under control. Just occasionally letting something slip if I'm particularly irritated/angry. I picked up on it at a pretty early age. X}

Now, if you could hear my thoughts, it'd be a different story. I:
    It does surprise me to hear people swearing if they normally don't, but I'm fine with it. I've gotten used to that by now haha.

Last edited:

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I tend to curse a lot. I usually have a good filter to avoid cursing when I know someone doesn't like it or when I'm in public, but sometimes the filter gets a few holes in it and I slip up :P Usually I curse to express emotion rather than insult someone. Saying "Son of a B***!" when I realize I forgot something or make a mistake is more satisfying than just saying "oh no!".

I also try to avoid using really derogative words, but a few people have received the "c bomb" because they really deserved it. There's just no better word to describe some people.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Unless you count words like "hell" or "crap" as swears, then no I don't swear really or not much at least. It's how I was raised and cause of the people around me who I hung out with as a teen. I may slip the occasional curse word by accident though generally I have a good filter.

I don't mind if people swear around me, it's their choice to say whatever they want whenever they want.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont care if people swear around me. I don't swear too much myself every once in a while usually when pretty annoyed.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If someone makes an issue over me or anyone else around cursing, they would probably end up wanting to bleach their ears.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I curse fairly often, though obviously not in Pokecommunity because of the strict rules against it.

lol

i looooove swearing lmao
    obviously i know when and where to swear/not to swear but the words are, as scarf said, cathartic
    it's when i'm being extremely eloquent in my language is when i'm the most angry, as opposed to when i'm firing off **** and **** and ******* and whatever

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
    Years
  • only in my head, I don't really care for cursing and cursing doesn't even really make a lot of sense as they are only words and whoever gave them that label is kind of stupid because let's say if the word observe was a curse word I bet a lot of people would use that a lot more just saying people probably only use them because they're labeled as curse words and should not be used if they weren't imagine how much you would actually use them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I don't curse much online or around my family, but at school I'm pretty bad with it. I used to think I'd never curse in my life when i was younger lol that changed

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I try to be polite, so I don't swear too much in the wrong places at the wrong time.

But that said, I've got too much of my mother in me. I'm awful with profanities and I tend to shout them indiscriminately from the rooftops. :/

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Nope, I find myself never swearing because I don't actually get angry, just sad. And sad as in natural sad. The kind of sad you don't express with words, and contemplate the cherished moments put forward by older experiences, and compromise the situation.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I totally do swear.

But not often enough for it to be seriously any problem; more often than not my words get filtered before they reach my mouth, I have to be really damn upset or annoyed to drop a swear usually. If I'm alone though, I'll drop them whenever. But seldom around other people.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    When people are home, I'm a clean-mouthed saint. When I'm home alone, I'm very bad mouthed. Usually I start cursing when playing games. That's some nasty stuff, I must admit. Right now, the game receiving my obscenities goes to PMD: Explorers of Sky, because I'm playing the Igglybuff episode and I CAN'T BEAT THE MONSTER HOUSE AND ARMALDO IS NO HELP BECAUSE HE JUST KEEPS USING FREAKING MUD SPORT AND HARDEN THAT'S NOT HELPFUL IN THE SLIGHTEST UGH. My gaming swears of choice are "damn it", "god damn it", "you stupid piece of ****", "you dumb mother****er", and of course, "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?!" Oddly, I don't curse when I lose, just get really mad and scramble my fingers across the keyboard and ragequit.

I'm perfectly okay with people cursing around me. My parent's do it all the time so I'm used to it.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I curse like a sailor to be honest. I curse everywhere I go, hell I was cursing all over Disney World earlier.

Nine Inch Nails

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
    Years
  • I swear like a truckie!

I try and modulate my swearing in serious situations (which usually works pretty well), but if I'm just chilling online I won't bother applying a filter to my words. I swear quite often in real life too (when I'm not around family), so I'm just another typical Australian...

Back