• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your favorite Gen 5 Pokémon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My favourite 5th Gen Pokemon is of course Lilligant. I have used a Lilligant in every playthrough of Unova (Except my Psychic Monotype) and have both a Shiny Contest Lilligant and a regular coloured battle ready Lilligant which has both Alola Battle Tree ribbons. Lilligant is my favorite Pokemon overall.

you are so powerful and i salute you

Years
OSHAWOTT!!!!! OSHAWOTT!!!!! OSHAWOT!!!!!
Spr_7s_501.png
Spr_7s_501.png
Spr_7s_501.png

AbsoluteZeroGravity

Bug Catcher Zero
Years
  • Age 26
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 10, 2019
Honestly there was a ton of great bug pokemon introduced in gen 5: Leavanny, Volcarona, Galvantula, Scolipede, Crustle...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
My favourite Gen 5 Pokemon are Volcarona, Ferrothorn, Chandelure, Galvantula, Hydreigon, Serperior, Krookodile, Escavalier, Excadrill, Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Haxorus, Braviary, Vanilluxe, Eelektross, Seismitoad, Lilligant, Darmanitan, Musharna, Zebstrika, Zoroark, Scrafty, Scolipede, Victini, Terrakion, Zekrom, and male Jellicent.

Years
omg what a choice, Unova has most of my favorites! let's see....

497.png
531.png
547.png
573.png
587.png
620.png
648.png

these are my top, but I like a lot of others too, like the Lillipup line, Genesect, Maractus, Petilil line, Munna line, Purrloin line, Sewaddle, and Swoobat. :D

Years
must be zoroark. it has an awesome ability paired with awesome design. plus cute zorua <3

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Zorua, and Zoroark as well as Purrloin, and Liepard are my top favorites of the 5th gen, love those kitties and foxys, my main stand outs for the 5th gen, Liepard is my second favorite feline in the Pokemon world

also Snivy, Servine, and Serpior as my favorite of the grass type starters
also like Mienfoo, Mienshao, Rufflet, Braviary, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Cubchoo, Beartic, Ducklett, and Swanna

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 21, 2022
I'd say #1 is Zoroark/Zorua, and my #2 slot is a tie between Reshiram and Victini

BOMBERMANBART

Confortare esto vir!
Years
My favorite gen V Pokémon are:

Samurott - He's a good starter, and I like him
Chandelure - My first shiny in gen V
Lilligant - My first sweeper and she's beauty af
Durant - I destroyed half of the EF and the Champion with him
Braviary - He could hold my entire team in bad situations
Krookodile - Double Battles were easy because of her Earthquake

(Wait, that's actually my team, but I like others Pokemon too! Like Zekrom, Serperior, Haxorus...)

Years
I love almost all of the Unova Pokemon since Gen 5 is my favorite generation, but if I had to choose a few that I like the most then I'll go with Archeops, Crustle and Serperior.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
No Golurk love?! Defintely my fave of this generation, but Gen V had many great ones.

Mandibuzz: I used to like Braviary a lot more but then I had a character in a roleplay that was pretty much a pirate with an all female Pokemon team, and he got a Vullaby egg in one of his first roleplay sessions. It took me two irl years of playing that character until that Vullaby evolved and it gave me time to write a wonderfull relationship between the character and that pokemon. Made me love mandibuzz so much.
Also the animal it's based on is soo cool.

Galvantula: Cool concept, cool color scheme, cool pokemon. Joltik is adorable.
Incidentally, the same character also had a Galvantula, it's a fun pokemon to roleplay because of one simple thing:
electrified. Spider. Webs.

A lot of my opinion on Pokemons are actually influenced on some character or another that I roleplayed during the years and their respective teams lol

Krookodile: I love reptiles, it's a crocodile, it was love at first sight. It's a crocodile that swims in sand, how can you not love that.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Definitely Hydreigon. I also really like Scolipede, Serperior and (please don't crucify me) Vanilluxe.

Years
gen 5 has so many cool pokemons! krookodile, zoroark, and chandelure are just the few examples. awesome aesthetically and in battle

Back