• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Console

Years

• What was your first games console?

Very simple question everyone.
    What was your first games console that you ever played on? Just so you know, arcade machines DON'T count. This is house hold consoles.

Mine was the NES and Sega Megadrive. Those two consoles define my childhood.
    I use to play on them constantly and they just changed my life. Obviously, considering I am studying Games Technology at University. Haha.

What are your early memories of the consoles. Games you played on them? Emotions you felt. Did you like games back then? Or did you not like them?

Ps. Yes, I know. I posted it in the wrong forum XD Already asked for it to be moved.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was a PC gamer at first, so I didn't want a console. Then I found myself without a computer, so I asked for a console and I got a Sega MegaDrive. I really didn't like it because iirc, you couldn't save your games. xD I would get really far on Sonic then it would be time for bed and I'd have to turn it off and start all over again the next day. Plus, it was 1999 so all of the games were outdated by then.

My mum sold it soon after because I stopped playing it due to the lack of a save option, then she got me a PlayStation and I have to say that's my favourite console of all time. Final Fantasy, Soul Reaver, Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Abe's Oddysee, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, Rayman; so many great games, and I didn't even bother asking for a PS2 when they came out because I was still having fun with my PS1. xD I only finally updated and got an Xbox in 2005, and even then I would still sometimes play the PS1 instead because the games are so fun.

But I'll always mainly be a PC gamer.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • My first console was the Atari 5200. Awww yeah, those were some good times. There was Dig Dug, Qix, Breakout, and then some tank game I can't remember the name of.

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • My first console was a SEGA Genesis. It was great to play classics like Sonic and Tails, Desert Strike, and Kid Chameleon. The only other console I've ever had was an Original Playstation.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • Mine was a N64. I spent hours on that thing. MY first games were 007 goldeneye and mario golf. The N64 is the console that had me fall in love with gaming.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Moved this to Video Games.

My first console was the good ol' NES. Played the Legend of Zelda and SMB+Duck Hunt on it.

Blackcurrant

Mmm Cookies <3
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 8, 2011
    Mine was the Sega Megadrive... I loved it. I recently got a PS3 game with the greatest all time Sega games. Awwwwww memories. :P

Years
  • Cheers for moving it Twocows. I did report myself XD
    Interesting to see everyones first console, mad how far back it was, isn't it.

Also, welcome to the forum Blackcurrant.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I played a lot of games on the PC before I got into consoles, but my earliest memories go to SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn, SEGA DreamCast, and SONY PlayStation. I played a lot of Sonic the Hedgehog, Tomb Raider, and NiGHTS into Dreams. Lots of Spyro too.

Honestly I don't really know how to explain the emotions I felt. I was just a really happy child when I sat down and let my mind wander far away. Those games would always take me to a whole new world because I hated my own. I'm really glad that I had games when I was a child and that my parents were the type to let me play them obsessively... I would have gone crazy otherwise.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    I got the NES a couple weeks before the release of the SNES, so yes, NES was the first console. The SNES was my favorite console back then. A while later I got the GameBoy Color, then something something..and now I own way too much consoles. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • First console I played was a SNES, but the first console that was my own was N64.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • My first was an NES that used to belong to my mom and her brothers. I had so much damned fun playing that thing as a kid. My next console was an N64, which meant I basically skipped over the generation of video games that is probably now my favorite. D:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Although I had played older consoles at other people's house, my first home console (besides the PC in a way =p) was the GameCube. I arrived a bit late at the having-a-home-console scene I guess. XD (I did have a GBC though).

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    The first console I played was Gameboy Color, and the first console I owned was PSX.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • My first console technically was the nes, but my cousin gave it to me, and it wasn't really all that special. The first console that was actually bought specifically for me, was the GBC. We got it in a pack at costco, along with blue version.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I can remember as far back as to having the NES, though I was really, really young... and mostly just watched my family play. My first ever console owned solely by myself, though, was my Sega Genesis... Oh how I miss it, and the countless hours I spent playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Eccho the Dolphin... and other stuff I can't remember, because I was about 4. The console I remember the most was my N64 - which took up most of my childhood, haha.

Back