• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Pokemon Card?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    If I remember correctly, mine was a Jungle Jigglypuff. Paid about $5 for it, I think (stupid, I know).

However, I'm starting to doubt myself and think it was a Japanese Erika's Exeggcute... 'given' to me by a friend.

Non-TCG, it was a Burger King Butterfree card.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    There is a neat story to my very first card.

I was 7, and nobody in school liked me. I noticed alot of kids had Pokemon Cards, and I had liked Pokemon already (see biography). So I asked some older kids (maybe 5th graders) if I could have a card. I didn't get an allowance, and I had never had a card. They laughed and laughed, and so then as a joke, they gave me a bad card.
    Now when I say bad, I don't refer to how common it was, I refer to how scratched it was. It was scratched, bent, slightly faded on the edge. It basically looked like it had been run over by a car.

It was a Cubone.

It might have been a joke to them, but I loved that card as if it were one of my organs. I still have that card, and sometimes when I wonder why I like Pokemon I just look at that card. When I do I realize why;

When I felt like I never had friends, Pokemon made me feel like I did, even when I didn't.

Anyway's I gave away most of my cards to my younger friend about 3 years ago. I still have that card, as well as a shiny Magneton, which I hide in my "Pokemon Handbook". This makes me like Magneton, and Cubone.

That's my story

-ChrisTom

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Mine was the original Rattata card. its pretty beat up by now

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    My first card was a Shuckle.I loved it.My older sister gave it to me a long time ago.One day I lost it at our old house and then we moved :( *cries*

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I got my first card in 5th grade. It was a base set Doduo. I remember I had a bunch of the Topps Pokemon cards, and a person in my class had the WotC Pokemon cards. I was so jealous of him because the gas station I bought my cards at only had Topps.

He ended up trading that Doduo for three of my Topps cards. I still have it.

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
    My first card was a Base Set Charmeleon that was included in an issue of Nintendo Power (February or March 1999, if I remember correctly, got my first starter deck in April that year) Unforunately, I lost it about a year later.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Bought the DVD and this came along.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I actually had two first cards. One of my school friends gave me a Pikachu and then a Charmander. I know another friend gave me a non-holo Hitmonchan, but someone stole it at school.

I still have them both, and they're both pretty worn and beat up. Along with the first holographic card I ever got which was a Raichu from a pack of 11 cards.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
    I think it was Oddish or something like that ^^; I remember though I always got a holographic (if you had one you were cool haha) in a pack. My brother got mad because he never got one, especially when I got his favorite pokemon as a holographic: Scizor ^_^

Years
    The only card that I can remember getting from my first pack was a Dewgong, and it had Aurora Beam. I'm also pretty sure that I got a variant Caterpie and Metapod (still have them!) in either my first or second pack, but it was about 10 years ago, so my memory IS a little blurry..

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    It was that machamp that i think was shiny. Basically everyone had it :3
    Your First Pokemon Card?
    Your First Pokemon Card?

Last edited:

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Mine was meowth, I think it was from the jungle set? It has a purple background and he's sitting on a pile of coins.

Back