• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Years
  • I was hatching some Ekans eggs a couple of days ago, looking to get a good 5IV careful one. I was using a 6IV careful ditto holding an everstone and an Ekans with no good IVs with a destiny knot for the first round of breeding. Usually I get some 3IV ones out of it and then breed them with the ditto, and so on to increase the IVs.

The first egg which hatched w as a shiny! And it came out with 4IVs (missing attack and sp. attack, but it was going to have a defensive set anyway.)

Its not the most popular pokemon, but I think he's awesome! Looks way better than the normal Ekans.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • ralts.gif

Modest w/ Trace
    31/xx/31/31/31/31
    Shadow Sneak / Memento / Encore / Destiny Bond

This little poop took me over 2,000 eggs to hatch. I started last year and only hatched him today. I am soooo happy right now because, finally, a shiny moonball ralts. Now I can get back to MM breeding for a shiny dratini.

Last edited:

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Dexnav chain of 180+ for a 269 search level Skarmory..Nothing..

1st fish chain of over 180+ Wailmer..Nothing..

2nd fish chain of over 150+ Wailmer..Nothing..

I'm literally torturing myself this week to find at least one shiny in my omega ruby game. I've found 11 in X..And None in ruby.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I don't do shiny chains or anything, but I might as well post here anyway. I have the shiny Beldum, which is a Metagross now but that's beside the point, that they distributed when the game first came out. I also got the shiny Charizard that they distributed in Canada, UK, Germany and I think Italy. It's actually really good competitive-wise since it uses Mega Charizard Y's (I think) Drought to it's best potential with both Overheat and Solarbeam, it wrecked Steven's Metagross when I fought it. I also got a shiny Audino when I was grinding said Charizard, but I haven't bothered with training it or anything.

So yeah, I only have one legit shiny in Alpha Sapphire, but I make up for it with the one legit shiny I have in X... I think I'm gonna go cry in a corner now. (I have other shinies I swear)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    iin omega ruby ive srd shiny reshiram and ho-oh and mmd a charmander a lapras and a pikachu and in alpha saphire i srd luigia i havnt had much luck with dex nav chaining but i was able to get a growlithe at a 170 chain and ive chain fished a shiny feebas ,magicarp,wailmer ,seaking and
    remoraid and no shiny charm sadly

Just got a shiny venomoth

Last edited:
    Years
  • The first shiny I found in the wild in OR was zigzagoon. I have also hatched a shiny swablu, skitty, spritzee and honedge. I don't have a shiny charm but I managed to get all of these under 350 eggs.
    Currently I am hatching a shiny duskull.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    5 Shiny Spindas. I found 3 in a horde, and 2 through Dexnaving. I gave 4 of them away as presents.

ugtgrime

Lomax
    Years
  • No luck as of yet, then again my luck with shiny pokemon is a bit like my luck with seeing flying pigs. It doesn't tend to happen.

Years
  • So I just found a shiny Swablu in my main Omega Ruby, which I just got the Shiny Charm in yesterday. I'm sure it took me well over 400 uses of Sweet Scent, but i'm really happy I got that thing! Here's a pic ^^ Very cool.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Shiny Eevee was my first and only shiny find in OR.
    Took something like 379 Dexnav searches (is currenlty around 450), I've also bred over 400 Eevees in the game.
    So I guess it was to be expected eventually, as I have the shiny charm

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
  • Just after I read this the first encounter in X I had yesterday was a horde and there was a shiny geodude
    But for AS I haven't got any luck, but I will try that soon. I'm happy with Geo for now.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
    Years
  • No shiny Pokemon for me. In fact, in all of my years of playing...I've never encountered a shiny Pokemon. The bad luck is running strong for OR/AS. xD

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • I soft reset to get a shiny Treecko, and promptly decided that was enough of Omega Ruby for me. I guess I got burnt out on the game from all of that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    My shinies on 6th Gen:

Charizard - GAME UK distribution,
    Raikou - 4th Gen Event Wi-Fi
    Suicune - 4th Gen Event Wi-Fi
    Spinda - 3rd Gen Random Encounter
    2x Gyarados - HGSS Lake Of Rage
    Machamp - 4th Gen Random Encounter

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    got a few more to add now over the last couple days chaine fished a carvanha and dex chained shellos and tyrogue. 17 total now

Back