• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Starter Pokémon?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
  • Chose Oshawott in White and then i picked Tepig in Pokemon White 2. I just like the overall design of Oshawott over Tepig and Snivy. Snivy is my least favorite design wise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2014
    I chose Tepig, then Oshawott. I was never really big on Snivy, honestly. Tepig is my definite favorite. I absolutely love pigs and Emboar just looks so cool! xD

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
    Years
  • I've actually tried them all and I think I'll go for Snivy, I'm particularly fond of its design and evolution, and while I enjoy Ohshawott , Samurott just seems a bit meh, but that's just my opinion. ;)

Years
  • I subconsciously circulate the starter each generation. First was Bulbasaur, second was Cyndaquil, third was Mudkip, fourth was Turtwig, thus fifth was Tepig. In general it was between Tepig or Oshawott for me though, and I preferred Emboar's design to Samurott's.

I was indeed disappointed by Emboar's typing, though.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Samurott in White.

Serperior in White 2.

In general, it's Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Totodial, Cyndaquil, Treeko, Mudkip, Torchic, Chimchar, Turtwig, Oshawott (for it's evos), Snivy and finally Chespin and Charmander in my recent Y playthrough.

Years
  • Oshawott in my White version! Good speed, moves, and attacking stats so I'll definitely use him again for later playthroughs. Tepig had its downfalls; I didn't like his design when evolved and the lack of speed would make things kind of tough. Snivy was adorable but he wasn't as much of an attacker. Oshawott was pretty mixed and really fun to use. :)

Years
  • When I first played through White I picked Tepig. I kinda liked it, since it had some nice HP and good attacking stats. Its Defenses were a bit lacking, but still.

And for White 2 it was Oshawott, which I came to like quite a bit more. It gets some neat attacks and I thought Samurott's design was cool. I used it often there.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I like Oshawott. I wasn't too impressed with the Gen V starters. I normally go with the fire type, but I didn't like Emboar at all. The water types also seem to be great early on, because you normally don't get a good one until late in the game.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • On my very first play i chose Oshawott, which was cool. I usually go with the fire type, but having a fire/fighting for the 3rd time in a row made me really upset, so yeah. When i got Black2 i thought i would try out Snivy, and i got so disappointed i boxed him and completed the game without a starter in my team...

Years
  • I chosen Oshawott in both White & Black 2 because in white i had no problem using him and when i used Tepig i just couldn't do it, always losing and it wasn't good. Now going through Black 2 is easy then my run in White. PS, I don't like grass Pokemon

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I've never actually owned Black or White myself, though I reckon there's not much difference in Black 2 and White 2 when it comes to starters. In any case, I have played a bit of BW through downloading a ROM of it (I know :( ), in which playthrough I picked Snivy, since I found it to be the coolest of the 3. I never really played too much of BW though, since I generally don't like to play ROMs, since it for some reason just feels completely different. In any case, I actually really liked using Snivy, but its third stage never really appealed to me, which was what kept me from picking it in BW2. Well, that and the fact that I'd already used it :p

In BW2 I picked a Tepig and named it Pokabu (because I like that name so much more ;D), and I actually don't really know why I picked that one instead of Oshawott. I think it might've been coupled with the fact that I didn't really like the Oshawott line too much either. To my surprise though, I actually came to like it a lot, and it definitely became a valuable part of my team, and I kept throughout the entire game. I honestly think it's one of the starters that left a bigger impact on me, since I honestly hadn't expected much from it, and it turned out to be really great, whereas I usually pick starters because I already know that they're great. So yeah, that was fun :D

Guess I still have to try out Oshawott eventually, but that time will come! I did get one off the GTS, with Pokérus even! Though it's not quite the same when it isn't your starting partner, so I never really used it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Pyroink Tepig forever and always. Since it's the only one of the three that gains a secondary type, it was only natural that I'd prefer it over the other two. ^_^

Still bitter that they passed over the best English name ever.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hmm... I'm not sure why I went with a Oshawott in Black version. None of the Unova starters 'screamed out' to me. Also, I was interested in using many other new Pokemon. However, I am satisfied with using my Water starter. Samurott held his own and he was fun to raise. In White version, I picked Tepig, but I later dropped him around the time he was a Pignite. It's likely the first time I had ditched a starter. I used a Hydreigon throughout the game, silly me, overkilling the story mode. In my second run of White, I picked Snivy, which is alright. I haven't really beat it yet, but she did become a Serperior.

Tl;dr the crew:
    Your Starter Pokémon?
    BlueHawaii the Samurott
    Your Starter Pokémon?
    Salami the Pignite
    Your Starter Pokémon?
    Yasmin the Serperior

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I always chose oshawatt cause sewaddle was there for grass and bug (I don't really prefer snivy). I always caught a darumaka for a fire/fighting(I like tepig but don't prefer him over oshawatt).

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I chose Oshawatt in white, because he looked pretty cool and I like water types. I chose snivy in black 2 because after I got over grass types being useless IMO, he was the coolest of the three. Then I found out grass types were pretty good. The only downside to them is that they are much easier to find, especially early game, where as water is rare until the mid/end and fire is rare throughout the whole game.

Back