• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your suggestions for Essentials

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
About variations by regions (Alolan and Galarian Forms). In v17.2, if I add inside pokemonform.txt and play the game, and use 'pbAddPokemon', I can get Alolan Vulpix (using p.form=1 etc), but the moveset will be like Kanto Vulpix.
Anyway, any chance to put some other flag or something (like 025a, a=alolan) into the script, for v18? This way we can copy to put g for galarian etc. IIRC, someone made one script for Alolan, but can you make for "official essentials"?

And add Effect Message?
z-crystal.gif

EDIT: Also, add script to check to learn specific moves, like USUSM? We have a script already, put add inside Essentials would be cool. You can check here.

Last edited:
Years
Just a few ideas.
Add a switch to make every type of PokeBall have a unconditional catch modifier so every throw becomes a guaranteed catch, similar to the Dream World or the Zekrom/Reshiram battle in BW.

Add a switch to disable wild encounters.

Allow the opponent to have a defeated sprite after the battle. It sorta looks odd for a trainer to look happy/confident right after losing a battle.

Add a switch that would allow the players Pokemon to gain EXP when catching a Pokemon.

The option to keep a newly caught Pokemon in your party if your party is full by sending a different party member to the PC.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Just a few ideas.
The option to keep a newly caught Pokemon in your party if your party is full by sending a different party member to the PC.
Nice Idea but this feature has been added by some fan games that use PE as well

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
the gen 6 and above style approach to wild encounters where each individual patch of grass has it's own encounter table. Either by making new terrain tags or defining map coordinates per patch.

Years
  • Seen today
I think it would be good if Essentials would remove the username from the error prompt. i.e. instead of this:
Code:
This exception was logged in
C:\Users\mgriffin\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

It either saved outside of C:\Users\mgriffin, e.g. it could put it in Data\ (like errorlog.txt?) or just the root project folder.

Or—less good, because it could confuse users—elided the username from the path, e.g.
Code:
This exception was logged in
C:\Users\...\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

IMO the way it works now accidentally leaks personal information when people copy (or worse, screenshot) their errors here, because often the username is the person's real name.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Would be cool if we have for v18, "Battle status" Screen:

Attachments

• unknown-3.png
    unknown-3.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 35
  • unknown-2.png
    unknown-2.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 33
  • unknown-1.png
    unknown-1.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 26

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
We can see that the hatching time of an egg varies (example, Grookey, between 5140 ~ 5396 steps).
Is it possible that in v18 we can have a script using 'rand ()' for this?
Something like putting in "pokemon.txt":
minimumStep = 5140
maximumStep = 5396

Then in the script, can he give the number of steps between minimumStep and maximumStep instead of having just one?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
As dumb as it sounds, and hear me out on this, opponent pokemon having ribbons. my reason?
well, aside from titles that probably won't be added into essentials, just imagine an evil team akin to Colosseum and XD GoDs Cipher, where they make shadow pokemon, and one of those just so happens to be a famous contest Idol. It's be a great plot point in any fan game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
As dumb as it sounds, and hear me out on this, opponent pokemon having ribbons. my reason?
well, aside from titles that probably won't be added into essentials, just imagine an evil team akin to Colosseum and XD GoDs Cipher, where they make shadow pokemon, and one of those just so happens to be a famous contest Idol. It's be a great plot point in any fan game.

You can use an Events.onTrainerLoad (spelling?) to edit an opposing trainer (or partner trainer)'s party. since a party is made of pokemon objects, you can give ribbons as normal.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Here the few idea that is always need:
  • Having a diploma when the player complete the Regional and/or National Dex.
  • Having animations Pokemon just like in Emerald and Gen 4.
  • A scroll bar in the Pokedex menu if they have 4 or more Regional Dexes.
  • Add a switch when a wild Pokemon will flee if the player's Pokemon is 25% low.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I think it'd be great if you guys added a special command for, when a trainer from a double battle notices you (i.e. twins), the overworld sprites of both trainers come towards you.

I know there already is a way to do this with variables, but it is a bit tideous, and it can take up a few variable slots. I think it'd be better if we simply had a command for it.

Years
In games like Pokemon Sword and Sheild and Pokemon Black and White gym leaders have different music when their last Pokemon is sent out. My suggestion is to have the ability to add a track for a specific trainer or trainer type that plays when they send out their last Pokemon.

Amyrakunejo

Philosophical Pagan Femme Fair Gynesexual Gamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2020
Okay, so this is not a suggestion but a must-have.

Gamepad support. Not everyone uses a mouse and keyboard to play. I dunno how to implement this myself, and using Joy2Key is meant for games like Duke Nukem 3D being run through DOSBOX.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
There is one thing that caught my attention when watching the sword and shield games. The fairy type leader fascinated me with her questionnaire.
What I suggest are point events within a battle.

- Questionnaire
- Phrase in the middle of battle
- Phrase if an object is used.

Any function of inertia during battles would be interesting.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Know what would be cool, a coding to let Pokemon know more than 4 moves at once, like on the anime.

Back