• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your suggestions for Essentials

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Has battling/trading online via Triple Triads been suggested yet? If not, then I suggest it.

I would prefer if it is compatible with Essentials v15 as well.

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
Can you expand basic attack animations such that it can be set to be used for a group of attacks? For example, one animation will automatically be used for, say, all Dragon-type moves. By having animations that can be seen to be done by a specific group of moves, we can lessen the load of having to make every animations for how-many individual moves.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Can you expand basic attack animations such that it can be set to be used for a group of attacks? For example, one animation will automatically be used for, say, all Dragon-type moves. By having animations that can be seen to be done by a specific group of moves, we can lessen the load of having to make every animations for how-many individual moves.
That's already the case - they're split up by type. Version 18 will divide these groups further. The animations themselves won't necessarily be provided.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
I suggest to make a code inside 'def pbCryFile(pokemon,form=0)' to recognize when pokémon has a female form (IDK about Pyroar and Meowstic but Indeedee from gen 8 has a different cry to each gender);

Also, make a code like 'def pbTrainerHeadFile(type)' to show Roaming Pokémon icons (like we have in HGSS. If you do, can you code to recognize other forms? Example: we have galarian forms for Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. That way, the icon needs to recognize 144 and 144_1):
pokegear-johto.png

Attachments

• 876Cry.ogg
    15 KB
  • 876Cryf.ogg
    16.7 KB

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I suggest to make a code inside 'def pbCryFile(pokemon,form=0)' to recognize when pokémon has a female form (IDK about Pyroar and Meowstic but Indeedee from gen 8 has a different cry to each gender);
That's what forms are for.

Years
A lot of sound effects and music tracks in the standard Pokemon Essentials download have weird audio problems. Some are too quiet, and some are too loud. Some aren't even from Pokemon. Will this ever be fixed?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Something sort of small that I would really like to see is the ability to cancel a switch in a double battle, meaning if the first Pokemon is set to switch out, when the option goes to the second one, clicking cancel will allow you to go back and reselect the first Pokemon's move. Right now, you can't go back to reselect the first Pokemon's choice. I have no idea why this isn't a thing already as I've seen most games implement this on their own and it's a part of the official games.

Years
Sir please include Z moves, Gigantamax and Dynamax

1. Gen 7 move/item/ability effects

Conversely, I'm ignoring Z-Moves. They're stupid anyway, and I can spend my time on better things instead.

Regards!

I think Maruno has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to add Z-Moves. So there's no point in asking

And Gen 8 can be found here and Dynamax can be found here. They are fairly new so don't expect them to be in the next update.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I do not know if it will be on, but it would be nice if some map was an example of the new mechanics of 2vs3,1vs3 ...

Another thing that would not be bad is to put the corresponding sprites directly, if the codes of 7 and 6 are set, it would save some work in looking for them

Years
I do not know if it will be on, but it would be nice if some map was an example of the new mechanics of 2vs3,1vs3 ...

Another thing that would not be bad is to put the corresponding sprites directly, if the codes of 7 and 6 are set, it would save some work in looking for them

This is all gonna be in the Wiki later.

Years
How about some Sample Pokemon?

A few easily-removed Fakemon to show things that could easily be possible in the Pokemon Essentials engine, when it comes to game-changing moves/abilities.

Years
In Pokemon games, the B button can be used to advance menus just like the A button, even during battles. But in Pokemon Essentials, only pressing A during battles will advance to the next text box. When will this be fixed?

Years
Is it possible to give the player an unlimited number of Pokemon Boxes?

Also, what's the ETA on the latest-gen Pokemon getting into Essentials?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Hi, so I saw the GitHub Respiratory & I'd say the 4 forks (Reborn AI, Gen 8, MKXP, & optimizing code) cover the majority of what one would want for Essentials v19.

I'd like to offer 4 more suggestions for Essentials:

1) (from Sun/Moon) When catching a Pokemon while your party is full, after the Pokedex updates, you can choose to swap out a Pokemon in your party to add the newly caught Pokemon. Like what this script does: https://reliccastle.com/resources/176/

2) Upon changing the terrain (Electric/Misty/Psychic/Grassy), the battle background changes to match the newly set terrain, & after the terrain ends, the battle background reverts to what it was at the start of battle. (New battle backgrounds for the 4 terrains can be made by copying some of the ripped HGSS/DPP backgrounds & shifting the hue/saturation)

3) setbattlerule("randomlead") an option to randomize the party order of an opposing trainer, instead of leading with the first defined Pokemon in trainers.txt every time.

4) (from HGSS & Gen 5) New optional field(s) in trainers.txt "ace= true, 'dialogue', 'music.ogg' " that when set to true, the opponent trainer won't send out the last defined Pokemon until all other Pokemon have been KO'ed. "dialogue" and "music.ogg" are optional parameters that allow for the opponent trainer to make a speech (Gen 4+) & a change in music upon sending out the ace (Gen 5)
- If both suggestions 3 & 4 are implemented & set to true, the ace will still go last

Years
Oricorio's form is set to random 1 in 4 chance, but should it not be set per terrain tag (different colored flowers) or at the very least based on map?

Code:
MultipleForms.register(:ORICORIO,{
  "getFormOnCreation" => proc { |pkmn|
    next 1 if terrain==PBTerrain::FlowerYellow   # Pom-Pom Style
    next 2 if terrain==PBTerrain::FlowerPink     # Pa'u Style
    next 3 if terrain==PBTerrain::FlowerPurple   # Sensu Style
    next 0                                       # Baile Style
  },
})

Years
Pokemon Renegade Platinum semi-randomizes the Elite Four teams. Every time you battle an Elite Four member, you don't know which of their four possible teams each one will use against you.

Is it possible to add a similar randomization function to certain Trainers?

Back