• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Three Favorite Legendaries?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    1. Ho-Oh: This was actually my favorite Pokémon for the longest time. The biggest reason for me falling in love with it was that I beat my cousin (who I looked up to a lot when it came to games) with it. He was using Legendaries as well, mind you.

2. Mew: It's super-cute and mysterious! Ancient Mew was my first Mew card, but I think what really got me addicted to Mew was when I found a Southern Islands one as a bonus in the back of a blister pack (we didn't have the binders around here, so I didn't even know it existed). To this day, Mew is my most-collected Pokémon card -- I'm currently up to 16 variations (17 if you count the non-TCG Burger King card).

3. Raikou: It was hard to decide between it and Jirachi, but, while I'm usually a cute-over-cool kind of guy, I've just always found Raikou really cool. I've never really used it in the games, but I particularly like its Neo Revalation holo card. So majestic!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Articuno, Reshiram, Rayquaza.

Great list, Articuno is my favorite legendary bird

1. Ho-Oh: This was actually my favorite Pokémon for the longest time. The biggest reason for me falling in love with it was that I beat my cousin (who I looked up to a lot when it came to games) with it. He was using Legenaries as well, mind you.

2. Mew: It's super-cute and mysterious! Ancient Mew was my first Mew card, but I think what really got me addicted to Mew was when I found a Southern Islands one as a bonus in the back of a blister pack (we didn't have the binders around here, so I didn't even know it existed). To this day, Mew is my most-collected Pokémon card -- I'm currently up to 16 variations (17 if you count the non-TCG Burger King card).

3. Raikou: It was hard to decide between it and Jirachi, but, while I'm usually a cute-over-cool kind of guy, I've just always found Raikou really cool. I've never really used it in the games, but I particularly like its Neo Revalation holo card. So majestic!

I like how you gave insightful reasoning as to why those were your picks. I also like how you picked the most often overlooked of the legendary dogs.

Nice ones! Here are mine: Mewtwo, Suicune, Kyogre. Actually those are in my party.

That's a pretty insane top 3. Good stuff, bro. Suicune is my favorite legendary dog and Mewtwo was extremely close to being in my top 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    ^Just a heads up Noah- if you'd like to quote more than one person in a thread, please use the multiquote button rather than responding with three seperate posts. Thanks!

As for my own top 3, it looks very similar to Recluse's, as it includes Rayquaza and Articuno, with my 3rd favorite being Lugia.

The mythology and design of Rayquaza caught my attention the very first time I saw it, and from the time I first played Sapphire, Rayquaza's remained my favorite of the legendaries. Articuno didn't become a favorite until later, when I found out that you can use a Mind Reader and Sheer Cold combo on it, pretty much guaranteeing a 2 hit KO every time. As for Lugia, both it's role in the second Pokemon movie, and a 20+ minute battle I had on Pokemon Gold using one solidified it's spot in the top 3 for me.

Years
    Lugia, Suicune and Xerneas.

I was SO happy when they announced Xerneas because I really like deer, especially coupled with nature/life imagery! It has such a beautiful design, too
    Same for Suicune, really. I just love the way it looks and the kind of mystical feeling around it.
    Lugia's design is super cool, too ... also the second movie probably plays into this one as well haha

Years
    My top three would have to be Mewtwo, Articuno and Yveltal.

That's based primarily on their designs and stories not their usefulness in battle, although both Yveltal and Mewtwo do well in Ubers.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Lugia, Mew and Mewtwo. I know that's kind of boring but I don't really care for most of the legendaries, so I'm going entirely off nostalgia for the first two movies here.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
    Let me start off by saying, as a whole I'm not a major fan of Legendaries! Most feel less than the stuff of legend with their lack of true, or interesting, back stories or histories. A few stick out to me, for one reason or another though so I'm not a total Legend-basher!

Moltres has always been really cool to me, and always stands out. I caught it with my MasterBall in Pokémon FireRed on Mt. Ember and basically solo'd the game with it and my Charizard (I was like 9 leave me alone!!!) until I lost the cartridge, unfortunately. My love for it now mainly comes from the usage it has in the competitive field. I'm more of a fan of the lower tiers and this thing puts in so much work, I usually slap on a Choice Specs and plough through teams who aren't prepared for this giant flaming turkey! The most intriguing time I've used it would probably be on a rain team w/ HP Water!​

This might be the only one that makes it onto peoples Top 3, but I really love Regice. I think it's design is amazing, just look at it! I've next to nostalgia towards it, other than via. the Mystery Dungeon games but I still think it's awesome. Running it on Showdown with a Life Orb and Gravity is really fun when it pays off too!​

Last, but certainly not least has to be Rayquaza! I will never forget finding this badass snake-dragon thing! I tried catching it so many times, and eventually my friend was able to do it for me. His sister then overwrote his moveset with moves like Hyper Beam and Surf, but still! None of my other friends back home believed me when I told them I caught it on Ruby, and said I traded it from Emerald... On a more recent note, look at how powerful this thing is now, it's broken Ubers and now spearheads it's own tier for goodness sake, raw power if ever I've seen it. I also loved it's role in the original Mystery Dungeon game.​

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Something about being a concious block of ice is intriguing to me lol.

Coolest one of three imo

My favorite legendary! I love the design and the concept. I think it's a really interesting Pokemon and I'm excited to (hopefully) see it get its own game.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Celebi, Jirachi and that's about it. Idk, most of the legendaries just don't appeal to me much. I guess I could tell you some of my honorable mentions, though: Lugia, Regice, Phione (although, I don't neccessarily count it as a legendary), Zapdos, Kyogre, Zygarde and Mewtwo.

Celebi, because it's my favorite mon in general and Jirachi, idk. It just grew on me at some point, that's all.

Sirfetch’d

Hard for me to pick 3 favorites as I love pretty much all of them! As for right now though there are a few that stand out to me!

The first is Heatran. I originally wasn't a big fan of this Pokemon but after using it on so many of my competitive teams....I see how great it actually is! I also find it to be quite adorable despite many people despising it's appearance.

The second is Diancie. I just love everything about this Pokemon, especially it's mega evolution. It's so strong and has an amazing typing and design. Not to mention is one of the most useful Pokemon in the OU meta right now.

Lastly I am going with Azelf. I know it's kind of a simple Pokemon but I just love it so much. Really strong and fun movepool too!

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
    Great list, Articuno is my favorite legendary bird

I like how you gave insightful reasoning as to why those were your picks. I also like how you picked the most often overlooked of the legendary dogs.

That's a pretty insane top 3. Good stuff, bro. Suicune is my favorite legendary dog and Mewtwo was extremely close to being in my top 3.

Thanx, I'm surprised. Never thought I'd get a thubs up. Just giving some promotion to some of the best!

ParsaMON

Overworld Spriter
    Years
    Giratina, because this Pokemon is so OP when it gets to level 100 and looks so cool, I have won battles with only using this pokemon.

Darkrai, because this Pokemons design is so creative and helps people sleep. Yeah I would get one just to get some sleep. Same as above.

And last but not least Entei, this Pokemon was in the best Pokemon movie ever, Pokemon 3: Spell of the Unknown. Also it has a creative design.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Probably Raikou, Ho-oh and then it's a difficult pick between Reshiram, Rayquaza and Celebi.

Raikou is my fav legendary beast with his tiger/catlike features and storm clouds. Ho-oh is fire which is probably my favorite type, and also sort of a phoenix with a beautiful and not too complicated design. The perfectly representing gen 2 pokemon.

Rayquaza is the only gen 3 legendary I like and its mega form looks simply splendid. Reshiram is fire too (yay!) and pretty cool in its design and lore. I liked the dragon/fire combo at last! But Celebi might win since its typing and special time powers are fascinating. Plus it might be the cutest pokemon!

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    Articuno is a personal favorite of mine. I like it's design - it's about as awesome as an Ice/Flying type bird can be - and it's typing is pretty unique, with the only other one out there being Delibird, which I don't like. Period. It's got a pretty decent movepool, too. And you just can't forget it's MInd Reader + Sheer Cold.​
    Another favorite is Rayquaza. Again, I love the design, it's a big green epic dragon that flies. And Mega Evolves. I like the mythology behind it, I always liked the whole story behind Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza being so important in that really makes you feel awesome when you catch it. And ORAS only pumped up the epicness. What other Pokemon can you fly into space on and destroy a meteor to save the world?​
    Victini! He's been a long-time favorite of mine, ever since I saw it. He's so adorable, and his typing is two of my favorites put together. Victory Star is also really helpful against those annoying people who spam moves like Sand-Attack, or when you're trying to land something like a OHKO move. And he provided the best comic relief in Gates to Infinity.

V-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!​

Back