• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YouTube gets new UI and new logo

Years
  • https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/29/16216868/new-youtube-logo-redesign-font-color-app-design

You may have noticed this morning that a new logo (for the first time ever) appeared for YouTube, in addition to a redesigned look to the site. I've seen the new UI appear every now and then for what seems like eternity, but it now looks like YouTube itself is starting to phase out the current design we know and love.

What do you guys think of these changes?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm already getting used to the new logo because it didn't change quite too much except for having the TV thingy with the play button in it just like that small icon in the tab. However, the new YouTube UI might be a bit too red for me though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I discovered that new logo when I was watching some Let's Plays, but I don't like how much brighter the new red is. It feels blinding to my eyes if you ask me.

Years
  • I discovered that new logo when I was watching some Let's Plays, but I don't like how much brighter the new red is. It feels blinding to my eyes if you ask me.
    Keep in mind that the red in the new logo is the same shade of red from the original logo.

Years
  • I actually didn't notice the change until I got the news from Discord haha. I don't really mind the change as I barely notice, but I will miss the old logo. :[ It's been around for so long.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The red has to be brighter. It's blinding. Check the hex codes.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • According to some sources where I discovered that YouTube changed their logo, it seems that they're aiming for pure red (#FF0000) as part of design, sooo...

Years
  • I actually didn't notice the change until I got the news from Discord haha. I don't really mind the change as I barely notice, but I will miss the old logo. :[ It's been around for so long.

Yeah I will miss that old logo, which I recall has been around since YouTube was first established in 2005. So it was definitely an iconic logo.

The red has to be brighter. It's blinding. Check the hex codes.

According to some sources where I discovered that YouTube changed their logo, it seems that they're aiming for pure red (#FF0000) as part of design, sooo...

Yeah, it definitely is brighter but aiming for such a generic pure red is what I call lazy.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Seems like the "new ui" is basically the old ui but they removed the borders on everything and now it looks really sloppy.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • > the red needs to go
    > atleast the new ui isnt the weird sleek one that keeps on popping up before because i s2g hate that one, looks too spacious and really clunky

Last edited:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Is it me or the subscribe button bigger now than when it used to be next to the channel name? Now you can't miss it when a video tells you to SUBSCRIBE 4 MORE.

I miss the black background on playlists, the grey is a bit odd.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is it me or the subscribe button bigger now than when it used to be next to the channel name? Now you can't miss it when a video tells you to SUBSCRIBE 4 MORE.
    lol, yeah I see that.

Add onto that the amount of YouTubers who will still ask everyone to subscribe to them in their videos, too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I noticed the change yesterday, though I'm unsure this is only on Chrome because I'm pretty sure Microsoft Edge is still using the previous design.

Years
  • I use Chrome and now I start noticing the new designs coming into effect. It just looks so badly enlarged compared to the previous layouts.

I mean, what is it with social media platforms I use getting all crappy? First Tumblr and now this.

Back