• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Z: A Kalos Journey [M] [IC]

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years

latest

Coul Remson​

sandile.gif
meowth.gif
Coul stowed the bug net inside his bag, thanking Arceus that both the bug net and the fishing rod were both foldable. The Santalune Forest was still on fire but it was subsiding, thanks to the combined efforts of the Rangers and the trainers. Coul knew that he already did what he could, albeit it was not that much helpful in putting out the fire.

?At least I get to save some Bugs. Right, Sandy?? His Pokemon just quietly lay his head on his shoes. ?Hey, come on. We need to get to Santalune City before night comes.? Sandy growled, apparently tired from all the battling and walking it had to do that day. ?Hey, this is not like the Academy anymore, all right. We need to both move around a lot.? Catherine opened an eye, interested in the exchange between the Sandile and Coul. The wild Houndour has its eyes still closed, but its light breathing suggests that it could still be very much awake. Coul took out Catherine?s Pokeball and recalled her. He made a mental note to wash Catherine once they arrived in Santalune City. ?Come, Sandy.? Coul made for the alternate path to the exit of the forest. Sandile quietly followed, although Coul could hear frequent growls from his Pokemon.

A bark sounded as Coul and Sandy walked away. The silent Houndour was looking at the duo and started bounding up towards them. Coul was surprised at the canine?s action. As it neared the trainer, it stood in a safe distance from the two of them and issued a warning bark. Sandy growled in response. Without waiting for Coul to issue orders, Sandy sent out a Sand-Attack towards the Houndour and quickly burrowed underground. The Dark-type shook off the dust on his body and started looking around for the Sandile. Sandy suddenly erupted from under the Houndour but didn?t manage to hit the latter. The Houndour was much too agile for the Sandile. Coul, recovering from the sudden flurry of attacks, knew it was his job to guide Sandy.

?Burrow again, Sandy,? he said. The Desert Croc Pokemon burrowed again but Houndour was much quicker as it trapped the Sandile by the tail as it started to disappear into the ground. It bit into the Sandile and flames erupted from its fangs. As Coul observed, it was not actually Fire Fang, but more like Ember, as flames were coming from its throat and not from the fangs itself. ?Shake it off, Sandy!? Sandile wiggled again, shaking its tail vigorously in an attempt to remove the Houndour?s bite. It was not successful, and Coul noted that the Houndour had tremendous biting power as seen from the fight against the Beedrill and Sandy. ?Rage, Sandy!?

Sandy stopped squirming for a moment. Houndour did not let go of Sandy?s tail but was taken by surprise when the Ground-type started thrashing about, sending out dust and sand everywhere. The Houndour tried to retain its form but released Sandy as too much sand went into its eyes. It was momentarily blinded. Sandy took the opportunity and hit it from below again, striking suddenly from the sand after burrowing.

The Houndour could not keep its eyes open after being blinded by sand so Sandy just hit it, blow after blow. When the canine was lying on all-fours, tongue lolling from tiredness, Coul called off Sandy and threw a Pokeball.

It was another Pokemon for Coul.

New Pokemon!
houndour.gif

Snoop
Flash Fire
Ember | Leer | Howl | Thunder Fang

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
fRPSKey.gif
Avril Morris
Santalune Forest
Chapter 2-3 | Motherly Instincts

Current Party:
nXF9y09.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory:
pokeradar.png
- x1 Pok?dex
pokeball.png
- x4 Pok?balls
potion.png
- x2 Potions
leafstone.png
- x1 Leaf Stone
PokeDollar.png
- 500 Pok? Dollars

It was all becoming clear to Avril now. The wild Hoothoot that she and Shino had encountered happened to be a mother. In particular, she happened to be a mother to these three currently terrified baby Hoothoot in this berry tree. Chances were, this wild mother Hoothoot had been busy gathering food or something of the sort for her young. Avril and Shino interfered with this. Their battle with the wild Hoothoot had caused what was probably meant to be just a small, quick errand take much longer. On top of that, the battle had caused her to take quite a bit of damage. This mattered, because apparently the wild Hoothoot also needed to protect her nest and the berry tree from the likes of wild Pok?mon, such as this Pansage, Panpour, and Pansear that were all now attacking the Hoothoot and her home. This escalated the situation even more because now the owl Pok?mon was forced to try and fend off the three monkeys alone and injured, something that clearly did not look to be going in the Hoothoot's favor. Yet despite it all the wild Hoothoot was pushing herself through her pain, doing everything in her power to try and protect her home and her young.

As Avril watched, the wild Hoothoot was quick to dive down towards the Pansage who was currently trying to scale the tree towards the nest and berries. The Hoothoot began to hoot loudly at the Pansage, going as far as to try and peck it away. However she was quickly shooed away when a squirt of water was shot at her by the Panpour, who then jumped up and scratched at the tired and worn looking owl Pok?mon. Avril closed her eyes, finding the whole display incredibly hard to watch, and for good reason. After all, she was the one responsible for this whole mess now. Tightening her grip on her bag, Avril glanced down at Shino. The Froakie seemed to be having trouble watching as well.

"Shino... We have to do something," Avril said quietly. "She's not going to be able to fend off one of them for long, not in the shape she's in right now. And let's not even get started about her trying to fight off all three alone!" Shino looked a bit unsure of himself, despite Avril's wishes. Still, the Froakie seemed to be able to tell from the look in her eyes that Avril was not going to be backing down from this anytime soon. She knelt down to Shino's level and nodded. "You can do this, Shino. Just try to hold them off long enough for me to get to the Hoothoot, okay? If I can fix her up with one of the potions we bought back in Aquacorde, I'm sure the two of you will be able to fight the monkeys off no problem."

Shino croaked weakly, turning his attention back to the fight between the Hoothoot and the elemental monkey trio. The Hoothoot had managed to somehow spook Pansage down the tree a bit, but was still not fairing well, as the Pansear had decided to grab hold of her leg and try and pull her to the ground. Unfortunately for the Hoothoot, this was enough of a distraction to allow the Pansage to attack her with a strong Vine Whip, causing the Hoothoot to writhe in pain. Without wasting any further time, Shino quickly jumped out of the bushes and unleased a wide-spreading Bubble attack at the monkeys. The Pansage managed to dodge out of the way just in time, but the Pansear was not quite as lucky. The fire monkey was blasted with the bubbles, causing him to flinch in pain as smoke began to rise out of his fiery little body. With the monkeys distracted, their grip on the wild Hoothoot was released long enough for the poor owl Pok?mon to hit the ground in pain. Exhaustion was evident on her face, clearly it was not going to be much longer before she simply ran out of energy to remain fighting.

Taking a deep breath of her own, Avril quickly charged out of the bushes and straight towards the downed Hoothoot. Ignoring any possible risk that might come from handling a wild Pok?mon, the blonde teenager quickly scooped the injured owl up into her arms and ran towards the closest set of bushes she could find. She glanced over her shoulder at Shino, who seemed to have his hands busy with both the Pansear and Pansage for the time being. All Avril could do for the moment was wish the little frog Pok?mon luck while she initiated her role in this little plan. Quickly ducking into the nearby brush, Avril crouched down and looked at the Hoothoot with worry. The owl Pok?mon seemed to be still breathing, much to her relief, but she wasn't sure just how far those injuries were going to go just by looking at her.

"Her left leg looks really messed up. It's a wonder that she was able to still stand at all on that thing," Avril thought, gently touching it as the Hoothoot let out a very weak hoot. "I didn't think I was going to need any bandages anytime soon, or I'd try to mend it at the very least... Man, I wish mom was here right now. She'd know what to do..."

As if it had been rehearsed, the Hoothoot's eyes suddenly snapped open. She quickly looked around, realizing that she was no longer close to the tree or her offspring. It only took a moment for her to start thrashing about in Avril's arms, desperate to try and escape and get back to the action. The blonde girl did her best to keep hold of the Hoothoot, worried that if she was too rough in holding her back that she might cause the owl Pok?mon more harm.

"Easy... easy!" Avril shouted, trying her best to soothe the Hoothoot. "I know you're worried about your babies, but you can't just... just run off like this in your condition!" The Hoothoot glared at Avril, clearly not pleased with how the blonde was forcing her to stay away from the battle. "Look... I messed up, I get it. You have every right to be upset with me. But... I wanna help you, okay? I know you're trying to keep your babies safe and Shino is back there holding those Pok?mon off as best... as best as he can..." Avril felt a bit worried about her Froakie as she spoke, a part of her wondering if it was really for the best to get involved like this. Shaking the thought out of her head, Avril reached into her bag and pulled out a Potion. "Just... lemme heal you at least. This will make it all better, I promise."

Avril began to gently squirt the contents of the bottle on the Hoothoot in her arms. The owl Pok?mon winced as the medicine began to spray against her body, most likely stinging a bit. But after a few moments she seemed to calm down and relax in Avril's grasp. Avril was glad for this and before much longer, the Hoothoot managed to slip out of her grasp and start to fly around her again.

"I'm glad that you're feeling better... But we better get back to you-" Avril began to say, but was quickly cutoff by a loud squeaky noise. Her eyes widened as she turned to see the wild Panpour jumping out of a bush, its claws ready to scratch away at the blonde girl. Before she had a chance to react properly however, the wild Hoothoot slammed her body hard into the water monkey. The Panpour hit the ground roughly, but before it had a chance to pick itself off the ground and try and attack again, the wild Hoothoot dove down and delivered a hard peck to the Panpour's head. The blue monkey screeched in pain, quickly scurrying away and deeper into the woods. "You're pretty strong, huh...? Kinda reminds me of my own mom..."

The Hoothoot a gave Avril a small, much less angry sounding hoot. With at least one of the monkeys taken care of, the duo rushed back towards Shino and the others. All Avril could do was hope that her Froakie was still okay at this point.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

RAI CROSS
239MS.png
Echo ? Static
Quick Attack - Low Kick - Thundershock - Barrier

Inventory
500 pok? / Pok?dex / Pok?balls / Potions
Waterstone

SANTALUNE FOREST - Howl of the Houndour
Something was definitely burning. Rai felt increasingly unsafe as she drew closer to where the light and heat was coming from. This was really not the correct thing to do. But her pok?mon had run away and she couldn't just leave him out here. What would her cousins say if she lost her pok?mon on the very first day on her journey? What would her classmates say? No, she had to find him.

"Echooooo!" she called out, but the roar from the fire up ahead already drowned her words.

Somebody else heard her though. A movement in the corner of her eye made Rai spin around just in time to jump aside from an attacker. She rolled in the dirt and looked up to see a tiger pup growling at her. Its fur was dirty - was the tail scorched? Since when did fire pok?mon get burned?

The cogwheels in her mind couldn't turn further before the pup charged again, teeth bared.

"No, wait, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you!" Rai shouted, holding up her hands. The Growlithe actually stopped, a mere meter from her. Still growling. "It's okay. Don't worry, Growlithe! What happened? Did you get stuck in the fire?" She kept herself talking, trying to distract him, but her heart was panicking. A forest fire behind her and an angry tiger dog before her.

Growlithe whined, and threw worried glances at the fire ahead.

"Uh-oh... Did you start it?" Rai asked. "Shit, that's embarrassing, isn't it."

The growling intensified again, and Rai cursed her own spilling mouth.

"Sorry! Don't worry, okay, I'm sure there'll be firefighters here soon. In the meantime, you just, like, don't breathe any more fire. And I'm just going to stroll happily closer to the raging inferno trying to find my friend, alright?"

She took a few apprehensive steps backwards, without turning around. The Growlithe eyed her menacingly, but didn't move. When she was enough meters away from it, she stepped behind a tree, out of sight. Waiting a few seconds, there was no angry dog rushing after her. Maybe she had gotten away safely. Phew.

"Now, where is that electric kid..." As if on cue, a spark shot into the air above the trees up ahead. Electric sparks. "Aha!"

She rushed forwards, once again braving logs and rocks, but this time with a clear goal. She entered a clearing in the forest that had not yet caught fire, and she entered very graciously by tripping over a low tree branch and planting her face first into the grass in the ground.

"Ah... Hello," she said, slowling raising herself up. She had tumbled straight into the midst of three very angry looking dogs - not Growlithe, but black and red dogs. The upside was that right next to her, stood her yellow electric monkey boy. "How are things?"

Echo blinked at her for a moment, before his hand shot out, signing what was unmistakably a thumbs down.

"I guessed as much. Alright, what have we here..."

She didn't quite recall the names of the pok?mon circling them, so she pulled up her pok?dex, which read 'Houndour' out loud. That seemed to entice one of them. It suddenly leaped towards Rai, whose reflexes weren't good enough this time. Fortunately, Echo's were.

His Quick Attack tackled Houndour One away, which riled the other two up enough to approach as well. One took a deep breath, which Rai recalled having seen pok?mon back in school do in practice battles.

"It's about to use Ember! Counter with Thundershock!"

Echo did as told, and the electric energy managed to knock the embers out of their way before they burned the two of them. But the other one fired as well, and those embers struck Echo in the back. He spun around and tried to fire a Thundershock at Houndour Three, but Houndour One and Two advanced again, with determined Leers and scary Howls.

"Things... are looking grim..." Rai found herself mumbling as she backed off. Echo was fighting, but it was one on three - he couldn't possibly make it. If she returned him and turned tail and ran, did she have any chance? No, these pok?mon were faster than her, for sure. But he couldn't win. Even if pok?mon could take quite a beating and recover easily with proper treatment, letting Echo suffer further was simply futile.

She grabbed his pok?ball from her belt and returned him in a flash of red light, just before one Houndour pounced on him. Then she turned to run.

Back the way she came, over logs, over rocks, leaves and twigs tearing into her fragile skin, the Howl of the Houndour behind her. Damn. Things really looked grim. And then she fell. Face down into the earth once more, and she scrambled to get up, frantically turning around to see a red and black face closing in, teeth bared and glistening in the light-

A whimper and a heavy thud came next, but not from herself. The Houndour was squirming on the ground, its neck clamped between the strong jaws of a Growlithe. The other two closed in, but when Growlithe let go of the first one, it turned to the others and let out an impressive Roar. That seemed to convince the dark dogs that this was not a fight worth fighting, and they finally scurried off, leaving Rai and her defender alone.

The pup turned to face her, but its expression told her that it likely still didn't trust her.

"You... Saved me. Thank you," Rai said, carefully standing up. God, she would need to wash her clothes after this. "Hey. You really saved my life, probably. I wish I could help you out in return somehow. But I don't know what I can do..."

The Growlithe looked again worriedly towards the fire in the distance. It was on its way away from them; the forest nearby had already been scorched. Luckily, because otherwise they would probably be in the midst of the inferno by now.

"Hm. Maybe you're lonely. I don't know if you lost somebody in the fire or so, but nobody should be lonely, I think. If you come with me on my journey, I'll always keep you company. And Echo will, too." She bent down and reached out her hand, very carefully. "What do you say?"

It wasn't an immediately positive response. It took the pup several moments of seemingly careful consideration, before it slowly moved forward and touched her fingers with his nose. Good enough start.

New pok?mon caught! Growlithe (male)
Mission rewards:
- 300 pok?
- 1 Burn Heal

Years

1YR8dcN.png

Spr_3r_304.png

INVENTORY
Spoiler:

"You know, today's been a pretty good day." Newt said, looking up at the sky as he walked. The smoke in the air begged to differ, causing him to amend his statement. "Except for the fire, I mean. But it's been a good day for me." Neither Drew or the Dandy Man responded, but Newt was too busy reminiscing to notice. "It all started after I won that fight against those kids..."
????​
Having essentially cheated his way to victory, Newt pressed on towards the forest, confident Agro had more than enough fuel in the tank. At this rate, he'd be in Santalune City in no time, proving himself at the gym! Doubtless he was strong enough to win, but just to be safe, he decided to have Agro bulk up a little bit.

So he started crashing through the long grass, trying to scare some wild Pokemon into appearing. When that failed to produce immediate results, he had Agro Headbutt some trees, thinking he'd knock loose some sleeping Pokemon. Instead, he just left about a dozen Agro-shaped dents in various trunks.

After five minutes without results, he was starting to get mad. "What is this, 'Hide From Trainers Day'? Why won't anything come fight me?"

"Are you offering a challenge?!" A young but loud voice called out. Newt looked around for the source of the voice, seeing a young boy in shorts come striding out of the long grass. It was the same boy from before!

"So, we meet again, uh... Jimmy!" Newt had already forgotten his name. The boy looked annoyed, but Newt didn't care.

"It's Joey! And my Rattata is back in prime condition! We want a rematch! One on one, no tricks this time!"

Newt frowned in thought, looking at Joey. "Doesn't the long grass scratch your legs up when you push through it?' That thought bothered him more than it should have.

"Uh... a little, but it's cool..." Joey replied, before trying to reclaim his dramatic entry. "But enough talk! I'm here, you're here, let's! Do! This!" He threw his Pokeball, sending out his Top PercentageTM Rattata. Rattata based his fangs, puffing himself up aggressively.

Newt shrugged. He'd wanted a fight, and here was a fight. "Let's make this interesting." He casually opened Agro's ball, sending the tiny dinosaur out. "If you win (not likely), I'll give you this Luxury Ball. When I win, you give me something of yours. Sound fun?"

Joey nodded, ready for action. "I'll put up this Heavy Ball. My dad got it for me, all the way from Johto!" Newt nodded as well, considering starting a ball collection during his journey.

Joey took the initiative, remembering how tough Aron was. "Rattata, start with Tail Whip!" Newt had his own strategy, which hadn't failed him yet. "Agro, start with Curse."

Rattata charged in, buffeting Agro with his tail as he searched for weak spots in the armor. Agro seemed unfazed, cutting his speed to increase his attack and defense. Joey looked nervous, remembering the last fight. "Rattata, it's no use! Time for our secret weapon! Use Rock Smash!"

"Use what!?" Newt was understandably surprised. "Since when could it do that?!" Rattata's fangs glowed white as he chomped down on Agro's back, leaving a small crack in the armor, a weakness that could be exploited later.

Joey laughed, happy to have the upper hand. "My dad's rich, idiot! He brought me a rare Pokeball, and a TM for Rattata! Now he's in an even higher percentage!"

Agro seemed okay, even after an attack like that, but it wouldn't take long before Rattata bit off more than Agro could stand. Time to get serious. "Mud Slap, now!" Aron tossed dirt in Rattata's face, knocking him back and impairing his vision.

"That was weak! Hit him with another Rock Smash!" Rattata bared his fangs again, charging in. "Wait a minute, it breaks rocks with its teeth? I mean, use Mud Slap!" Newt was distracted momentarily, but got his head in the game.

Rattata bit down on Agro's head, earning him a mouthful of mud for his trouble. Rattata was surprisingly strong, and Agro was starting to tire. It hurt seeing him get hurt. Between his rock hard body, solid steel armor and relaxed nature, nothing much ever seemed to faze Agro, so seeing him like this made Newt mad. He growled, trying to restrain his aggression, shouting his next command. "Use Headbutt and TAKE HIM OUT!"

"As if! Rock Smash, Rattata!" Joey smirked, confident in his victory, but a little nervous seeing Newt shaking like he was. Rattata leaped in for the kill, but missed and ended up biting the air in front of Agro. Pleased that he wouldn't have to move, Agro slammed his head into Rattata's. The impact rang out like a gong, echoing through the trees as Rattata fell to the ground.

Joey was stunned, staring slackjawed as Rattata lay there dazed and defeated. Newt called Agro back, approaching Joey and holding out his hand. "Pay up, you pampered preschooler. You owe me a ball."

Joey sullenly recalled Rattata, putting the ball in his pocket. He pulled out the Heavy ball, looking at it nervously before refusing to hand it over. "No! You can't have it!"

Newt got angry, but refrained from shouting. "The hell I can't, I won the fight! A deal's a deal, now hand it over!"

Joey shoved the ball in his pocket, crossing his arms and pouting. "No! My dad gave it to me! He'll be mad if I lose it!"

Newt sputtered for a moment, at a loss for words. He took a deep breath, kneeling down to the his shoe. "Fine. If that's how this is gonna go, then I'll DIRT CLUMP!" He threw a handful of dirt at Joey, grabbing the Heavy Ball from out of his pocket and pushing him over. In the scuffle, Joey's wallet fell out of his pocket, so Newt grabbed that too. He took the 300 Pokedollars inside, tossing the empty wallet at Joey's feet. "See what happens when you try to back out on a deal? You're lucky. Team Skull would've broken your legs or something."

With his winnings in hand, Newt went back to town to get Agro patched up. Hopefully this was the last he'd see of Youngster Joey ever again.
????​
Newt nodded, happy with how the story ended. He hadn't actually said any of that out loud, but Drew and the "Admin" were probably happy for his silence.

"Ah, good times. Good times. After that I met the monkeys!" He started in on another story, wondering when they'd reach the next city.

Years
Kade Andrews
396.png
661.png

Kade wandered through the smokey expanse of what used to be Santalune Forest. Once the location had been vibrant and green but now it seemed that much of it had been reduced to ash, rendered all but devoid of all life. Where he should have been bombarded by the sounds of the wildlife rustling about the undergrowth there was now nothing but a deafening silence. Dead was the only word he could find to describe it. The forest was now barren and dead.

The charred landscape made Kade uneasy, it reminded him of things he would rather have forgotten. In the back of Kade?s mind, a flash of brilliant light blazed off in the distance and the smell of burning buildings soon reached him carried by the wind. He could hear a voice on either side of him, panicked. One of them saying something about their parents, the other one trying to console them despite the fear in their own voice. Then later, sirens and barricades. Rangers, soldiers, police and medical personnel? teasing that there could possible be survivors.

Suddenly, Kade felt pecking at the top of his head and at his back. Geosenge faded from before him and suddenly he was looking at the base of a large tree, its trunk burned black by a fire. He wasn?t on his feet anymore, he was on the ground curled into a ball with his hands on his head. Stratus and Contrail, his new Fletchling, were frantically jabbing at him with their beaks. Stratus had been on his shoulder when the panic had gripped him? he wasn?t even sure how or when he?s released Contrail from his ball. Had Stratus somehow done it?

?Ugh?? Kade groaned, forcing himself to uncurl and sit up. Stratus fluttered into his lap, Contrail - not yet as close - hopped into view from behind him. Kade blinked a few times, his eyes sore from the ferocity with which he?d held them shut. He realised he had no idea how long he?d been on the ground for, but the light was the same, so at the least he knew it couldn?t have been too long. ?Sorry about that, that hasn?t happened in a while.?

Kade scratched Stratus? head, the bird warbling affectionately at the attention. Contrail looked on jealously, so soon enough Kade found himself sitting in the middle of a char-grilled forest undergoing bird therapy, petting both the Flying types simultaneously. It was comforting, and it wasn?t long before Kade felt he was returning to his usual, cheery self. Kade figured he shouldn?t have been shocked by the panic attack, he was out on his own journey and in a dangerous environment with the familiar smell of burning hanging in the air. Still, he hoped that he wouldn?t suffer through any more of that. He wanted to enjoy his travels, not have them marred by meltdowns.

?Okay, I?m fine guys, really. We should get going.? Kade got up, eyeing Contrail carefully to make sure the new addition to his team would stick with him, preparing to set off when he realised something. Neither of his Pokemon were making any sounds, yt he could still hear something nearby. Actually, it was a call he could identify. A hoothoot was definitely in the vicinity. ?See, just the pick me up I needed!? Kade said, his enthusiasm comforting his concerned companions, ?Stratus, see if you can find where it is.?

The Starly took off, but started circling the clearing they were in instead of actually looking around.

?Really, it?s fine. Contrail can keep an eye on me.? Reluctantly, Stratus took off, leaving Kade with only his newly acquired Fletchling for company. Kade sat back down, resting against the trunk of the enormous tree he?d assumed the foetal position under whilst Contrail pecked absent-mindedly at the ground. Considering his tricky disposition, he?d taken surprisingly well to being a trainers Pokemon. Some birds just needed a direction to fly in it seemed.

Kade spent the next few minutes watching Contrail hopping about when suddenly, Stratus rocketed into his field of vision. The Starly was chirping and flapping around manically, prompted Kade to jump to his feet. He took off after Stratus, returning the unperturbed Contrail to his ball so he didn?t get lost.

Kade rushed after his Pokemon, struggling to duck under crispy branches and avoid the occasional bramble that somehow survived the fire. As he did so, the sound of the Hoothoot got progressively louder. This allowed Kade to realise the bird sounded alarmed. Occasionally, Stratus would call back what he assumed was reassurance. Several minutes past, and eventually Kade found himself in a tiny clearing, surrounded by trees that had fallen during the earlier blaze.

Amongst the dead timber, he could see the gleaming red eyes of a young Hoothoot, trapped in the hollow of a tree with another fallen in front of it. Kade found himself wincing, it was not going to be fun moving that thing. He wasn?t exactly in bad physical condition, but he was far from being a strong guy.

Kade released Contrail from his ball and set he and Stratus to work, having them chip away as much of the wood as they could manage with Wing Attack and Steel Wing as he himself set about pulling off any protrusions he could manage. He felt that he could have had Stratus? break through with a Double Edge probably, but he didn?t want to risk hurting the Hoothoot stuck inside.

Their method took longer, but eventually, enough of the fallen tree was stripped away that Kade could shunt it just enough to be able to reach past and retrieve the Hoothoot. The Flying type was covered burned and covered in ash and a sticky residue. Peering through the hollow, Kade cringed. The sticky residue turned out to be yolk. Two of the three eggs within had cracked open, spilling their contents over the young bird. Kade, with Stratus and Contrail in tow, carried the Hoothoot away from its destroyed home before proceeding to clean it up and treat its wounds. He cleared away as much of the yolk as he could and treated it with a Potion, but he?d still need to get it to a Pokemon Centre ASAP.

?Don?t worry? he crooned to the bird ?I am an expert on coping with trauma.?

Spoiler: Kade's Inventory
- 1 Pok?dex
- 800Pok?
- 2 Potions
- 4 Pok? Balls

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
JeBkgnS.png

With a thud, Gabriel Artece hit the cold marble floor below, groaning in pain at his injuries, his arm was wrapped in multiple bandages and held in a loos sling. He had broken it after that brat with the temper had had the GALL to lay a hand on him. He crawled up to his knees and maintained his position while staring intently at the orange surface below him, the light of the flaming torches set around the familiar room warming his skin and causing flickering reflections across the polished ground. A cold sweat ran down his back as he waited for the inevitable.

"Gabriel, rise."

He stood slowly to face the man before him. He sat behind an unassuming desk in a room that looked like it had been plucked right out of hell. Marble walls, sorted into brackets and panels, each one ending with a roaring fireplace and two torches. There was fire everywhere, like the forest all over again. He twitched as he remembered that place again, he'd torch it all, every last inch of it. He'd melt those kids and their shitty pok?mon as well.

The man behind the desk had his face obscured by an orange hood. He wasn't the type to hide his idendity from those he trusted. He did well hiding in plain sight... but Gabriel knew the intelligence behind hiding his face from the grunts. To them he was faceless, an enigma, something to be feared and obeyed at the cost of everything they hold dear.

"Boss..." Gabriel muttered. "We never planned for-"

"Children, Gabriel, children." The tone was calm, sickeningly calm. He felt those eyes pierce him from beneath the hood, not to mention the steady gaze at his back, the gaze from the woman who had brought him here. "You were defeated by rookies, rookies with potential, but rookies all the same. Now-"

"They cheated!" Gabriel cried out in hate. "They used every low-life tactic they had, those insignificant rats! I'll kill them! I'll kill all of- gack!" He stopped and fell back down to one knee at the sudden strike at the back of his neck. He heard a voice then that sent chills down his spine, the empty and emotionless tones of the woman behind him.

"Do not interrupt our Lord, Artece."

Gabriel winced and bowed his head, gritting his teeth to hold back the rage. "I am sorry... My Lord... but they outnumbered me, my grunts were nowhere to be seen. The cowards turned tail and ran."

An eerie silence hung across the room, until the robed man piped up once again.

"Stand Gabriel."

He did so.

"You must heal and restore yourself. You will have your chance to destroy those whom have wronged you, I promise you that. Soon you will have the power to eradicate them all." He stood slowly from his desk, stepping forward pace by pace until he stood before Gabriel, the subordinate now confronted directly with his master, hunched slightly and took a cautious step back... however all he received was a firm hand on the shoulder.

"Remember, we are doing what we must to purge such fools... forever."

Gabriel stared back for a moment, before giving a nervous chuckle. "Y-yeah... nobody will get in our way soon, they won't have the damn chance..." His master smiled and pat him upon the shoulder before taking a step back. "Now leave us... and deliver your full report to your fellow admins. I must speak with Crimson in private."

Gabriel grimaced at the mention of her name, but he sighed and nodded, giving a coy shrug as he turned to leave. He glanced at the woman in question as he stepped away, her form also draped by a burned orange hood. "You're up buttercup, make sure you put on a good show."

She did not even glance at him in response.

---

As the Master sat back behind his desk, she stepped forward and knelt before him. Following this she stood up and spoke.

"My Lord... that man is a fool, he deserves no place-"

"Enough, Crimson. I do not wish to hear opinion, only fact. You say you found him...?"

She sighed gently and stood upright and proper, her hands behind her back. "I found him battling the new trainer sir. As he tumbled backwards down an incline I flew in quickly on Charizard to retrieve him. As you requested I was not seen and I moved quick enough to avoid any detection."

"Wonderful, haha..." He gave a small clap. "Then I trust at the very least, his distraction proved enough of a ruse to keep the rangers off of our trail?" She only nodded in response and he leaned in with a more serious tone. "Do you have it then?"

Nodding once more, she slowly undid her hooded robe and tossed it aside, revealing her face and features, her custom made admin uniform and the small canister she had been holding tucked under her arm.

HicRixv.jpg

Gingerly she stepped forward and placed the canister upright upon the table, two latches folded out and locked the object in place upon the table with a dull metal clanking. The metal walls of the object began to recede downwards in panels, allowing a clear glass tube to be revealed... alongside the green light that pulsed ominously from within. As the Master gazed upon the source of the light, a small, blob like creature of green, a red core in its center, his eyes lit up with glee, reflecting the green light.

"At long last... a prime Zygarde core... You have done very well Crimson." He spoke in a rushed tone, taking the glass container in his hands and examining it with heart racing excitement.

"What of the children master? You know what he plans for them to do, do you not?" The woman known as Crimson spoke calmly, there was barely every a single tone of emotion in her voice. She spoke as if she were some sort of machine, carrying out a directive.

In response to her words the master growled. "You are to continue to monitor them closely, do not cause a scene as Artece did. Watch them closely, interact with them if you must... but do not let them know who you are. Not until it is too late." He smiles, his teeth reflecting off of the light to reveal the sickly grin.

"Now go... there is much I must now prepare."

Nodding gently to the command, Crimson re-adorned her robe, her yellow eyes shimmering as two reflections against the many flames in the room. Her orders were now given.

She knew exactly what she had to do.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years

((NORMAL TEXT (Dahlia's/Normal POV) = BLACK, CAROLINE TEXT (Caroline's POV) = PINK))
?Caroline, please stop moving. This would have taken a couple of minutes if you weren?t moving so much~? He was just combing her ponytails into a different style! What was wrong with that? Well, nothing actually. She was just so excited to start her own Pok?mon journey, to the point where she wanted to start now. Besides, Fondue (and to an extension, everyone else who got Pok?mon from Prof. Sycamore) already left a while ago, with them being left in the dust.

Dahlia kept pulling on my ponytails, telling me to stop moving! He is always so delicate, especially with hair. If one strand of hair was out, he?d start to complain. Even though I do my hair every day by myself, he would always find something wrong! ?There, I think I?m done!? Caroline jumped out of the chair and sighed in relief. ?Can we go now?? Dahlia giggled. ?You know, I honestly thought you were just gonna say ?That took forever!? as usual. But I guess you?re very eager to start this adventure, aren?t you?? The Litwick that was suddenly beside the young girl was bouncing up and down, looking very happy. ?And it seems someone else is just as eager as you are.? He looked at the Litwick a little more, but his stare started to become more of a hidden glare. He looked back at his sister, and the glare was more evident. ?Although, I?m still not so keen on the nickname you gave it??

?Huh? But Candle is a perfect nickname for him!? ?But...it?s so simple! I know that you aren?t really the creative type when it comes to naming things, but...Ugh, I?m not gonna argue about something like this.? He starts walking to the door. ?Come along, Caroline. Unless you want to be left behind.? ?Isn?t that what I was trying to prevent?? She picked up her Litwick, which was giggling almost like a child. Dahlia was giggling a bit, too. ?Aw, does someone want me to explain the many problems of being seen with godawful hair in the public yet again?? He said while patting Caroline?s head, but not to the point where it might ruffle her hair.
They came to Santalune Forest as soon as they saw the smoke coming out of the forest. They were just halfway through Route 2, as well. Caroline, possibly worried about what was seemingly happening to the Pok?mon, ran off without Dahlia, leading him to run after her. When he?d finally got to the area, he wasn?t able to even see her. He was frantically looking left and right until he?d noticed the section of the forest that was burning up. <Oh no, she didn?t go in there...did she?!> This was a big problem for him. His starter, Dolores the Scatterbug, will be unable to battle within an area like that. As soon as he steps into the area, he?ll be a walking target. But he?s just not going to let his sister go in there alone. He sprints towards the area when he suddenly bumps into someone.

He got up almost immediately and saw that he?d bumped into a Pok?mon Ranger. His eyes widened, but he didn?t truly care. ?I?m sorry, but I must find my sister! She must have passed through here!? He was about to run, only for someone to grab his arm, stopping him. ?Wait, I just want to know. Does your sister have twin ponytails that are shaped almost like plane wings?? He furiously nodded. ?She bumped into me as well, saying that she was going to find out who did this, while also trying to calm the Pok?mon down.? <Is she insane?! Her Pok?mon is ill-fitted for a situation like this!> He just shook his head in response, and looked at the ranger with a nasty glare, with a small frown upon his face. ?Thank you. I?ll try to help out in any way I can as well. After what the Rangers have done in our home region, I need to at least repay them in some way.? The ranger smiled at this. ?Don?t worry, we?ll give you a reward for your efforts.? After that sentence, he was gone.
?Caroline!? He was panting furiously, due to the heat making him sweat more. She saw her with Candle, who seems to have just finished off a Growlithe, that is currently unconscious. As soon as she heard his voice, she drops down to her knees and started panting haphazardly. He ran to her side, and just hugged her. ?You?re not hurt, aren?t you?!? The hug was squeezing her, to the point where she had to push him away. ?I'm fine, I?m fine!? He just smiled at the sound of her voice.

?Have you seen anyone suspicious? Or any clues that will tell us who done it?? She suddenly pulls out a pair of sunglasses. ?Yeah, these cool black shades.? He looked at them more closely and frowned. ?Okay, that?s not really a clue. It's possible that someone lost them here.? He puts it in his stylish white bag. ?But I guess this is enough to make someone suspicious...Okay, I?ll go and track down the owner of these sunglasses, while you try to calm down some of the Pok?mon here with your cute charms.? ?And if I can't?? ?Battle them, or try to get help from one of the rangers around here.? He started to walk away from her. ?If you can't even do that, then you run. Understand?? She does a soldier's salute, understanding everything he?d said...hopefully.

?Good. One more thing...did you know that certain chemicals can cause fires?? At this point, it?s almost as if the smoke and fire around them is nothing more than an afterthought. ?Uh?? He sighed. He was still facing the other way. ?Do you really want to hear me ramble on and on about this?? She shook her head. ?Just...Don?t let your Litwick throw Acid willy-nilly around this part of the forest, is what I'm trying to tell you. I know this info might not be important in the grand scheme of things...But who knows? Anything can happen.? And with that, he was off.

<Besides, no-one here is smart enough to try and begin a chemical fire, unless they wanted to die more quickly?> He slyly grinned. <...Of course, those who don?t are smart enough to know that only an idiot would dare try to perform a stunt like that.>
?Ah man, where the hell is my shades? Out of all the times I needed to lose my snazzy shades, it had to be now?!? The grunt (who?s not important at all) kept looking left and right for his cool sunglasses. Those sunglasses were cool, and made him look more threatening and stuff! They looked even cooler within the fire, too. He must find them, even in this intense heat. He decided to look down to find them, but not squat down. He would get some severe burns from doing that. Oh yeah, this guy?s incompetent, but not to the point of utter stupidity.

?Looking for something?? His head suddenly shot up from the male voice to see a gracefully beautiful women(?). Her big pink ponytail was flowing in the air, with her long white and gold coat looking like something only a holy figure would wear. Of course, this was the grunt?s immediate thoughts when he?d saw the women(?). The woman(?) smiled at the sight of him and pulled out a pair of sunglasses. ?Oh, glorious day! Usually, with people like you, I have to be the bad guy, kick your butt in a battle, and then possibly kill you cause this is my job, but it seems like you?re an ally or something.? He snatched the shades off her hand and put them on immediately. ?Hey, lady...Maybe after I?m done with my duty, I?ll let you go someplace private as thanks?? The women(?) slowly reaches for something in her bag. He giggled, revealing his true gender. ?I?m sorry, but if I was a girl, I would not try to date some worthless scum like you.? The grunt suddenly froze like an iceberg.

The item he was getting from his bag turned out to be a Pok?ball. ?Besides, aren?t you supposed to not fawn over women in situations like this?? He had a sort of sadistic look in his eyes, with a very sinister smile on his face. ?Dolores, battle with grace~!? He throws the ball, popping open to reveal a Scatterbug. The grunt laughed like crazy, grabbing his own Pok?ball from his suit. ?Oh, that?s just nice! Freaking fantastic! The possible love of my life was actually a boy! You even have a weak low-level Pok?mon! All of this, right here? ABSOLUTELY. UNACCEPTABLE!? He clicks the ball?s button to send out a Growlithe. ?Heh, how are you going to fight against a type your Pok?mon is weak against?!? He kept laughing maniacally...without giving an order to his Pok?mon.

?Dolores, Stun Spore.? Without saying even a word, Dolores followed through with her superior?s command, scattering sparkling black powder from her body, which scattered around her opponent. ?Wha--?!? ?Oh ho ho~! It seems trying to make yourself look superior by laughing like some cartoon villain has only increased your inferiority! Remember to give your Pok?mon a command before doing something stupid like that again.? ?Grr...Growlithe, use Ember!? ?You imbecile! Are you blind?! The damn thing is paralyzed, it cannot attack for a majority of the time. The poor thing?s speed is also delayed as well.? The grunt flinched for a moment. ?Dolores, be a dear and tie these two up with String Shot.? Dolores shot a stream of white thread from her mouth at the Growlithe and it?s trainer, tying both of them up together. They both fall right down to the ground on their sides. ?How disappointing. The culprit of this whole entire incident was nothing more than a waste of my time.?

?Heh, I?m not the only one here! I am but one of many members of Team Cinder! My teammates are going to avenge my defeat, and there is nothing you can do to--mmph?!? Almost immediately, as if she could read her superior?s mind, Dolores spit some silky white thread at the grunt?s mouth, disabling his ability to speak. ?Oh my, so not only are there more of you bumbling fools around here, you?d also told me who the true culprits are. Truly, you are the embodiment of complete and utter stupidity.? He?d picked up the grunt, who was still immobilized by the white rope of silk and started walking towards the direction he?d saw the entered from, which is probably where a Ranger is nearby. Dolores was also carrying his Growlithe too, by pulling a string from the white bundle of silk with her mouth. ?Oh, I haven?t told you my name, didn?t I? My name is Dahlia. Last and Middle names are not allowed to be heard from scum like you.?

Dahlia looked back at Dolores, who was still tugging the Growlithe with determination and just smiled. <...If it weren?t for me stopping to check the Pok?dex for a quick moment, I would have never known you?d be fine in a climate like this.>
Caroline keeps trying to have nice chats with the Growlithe and Houndour. All of them usually decides to stop 50% of the time. The other 50% are usually the times when she has to fight. The last fight she had to do before she was done in the current area was a Houndour, which was a bit more fierce than the rest she had to face off against.

Once again, I started by saying hi. ?Hi there, mister Houndour. Is there something wrong?? He growled and snarled at me. I don?t think it wanted to be friends?Candle tried to communicate with him. ?Litwick! Lit, Lit!? It said very cutely, bouncing up and down. Then he?d tried to bite us! But we dodged it with ?grace?...I think that?s how Dahlia said it. ?Why do all of you not want to be friends with us?!? Oh boy, do I have to fight this one too?? ?Fine! Since you don?t wanna cooperate with me, I guess I?ll give you what you want!? ?Litwick!? He growled angrily and fired an Ember at Candle! Too bad for him, Candle can?t even be hit by Fire-type moves! ?Sometimes I forget you even had Flash Fire as your ability, Candle. Whatever, just hit him with a powered-up Ember and hope that he doesn?t have Flash Fire!? Candle shot a small ball of fire at him. He retaliated with an Ember of his own, but our attack was able to push through and hit him with ease. It seems he doesn?t have Flash Fire after all!

?Grr?.? He suddenly glares at us very menacingly, with glowing eyes. ?Uh...uh?? He was looking a lot more scary than usual. Candle was suddenly scared, too. It seems like he?s using Leer! Our defenses were lowered, and he attacked with Smog, releasing some black smoke from his mouth. I tried not to smell it, but it seems I wasn?t trying enough. I started to cough a lot, but Candle was able to endure it since Poison-type attacks don?t really do much to him. ?Ugh...Candle...use Minimize?Then try to surprise him with Astonish?!? ?Lit!? I was closing my eyes when this happened, but I know really well that Minimize makes you really small. The Houndour started to make confused growls as he tried his best to find Candle. I think Candle then attacked him with Astonish. Don?t ask me what the attack looks like right now, I can?t see in this black fog! Houndour suddenly screamed, and started to whimper! I think it ran off after that. ?Huh...? What happened...? Did you scare him away, Candle...?? ?Litwick??

<I?m...feeling so woozy?> So tired...I wanna go to sleep...

?Ugh, what a terrible stench...! This damned miasma is destroying my damn nostrils?!? It didn?t take too long for Dahlia to return to the same place where he met the Ranger and, presumingly, where his sister was. Unfortunately, when he came back, he was welcomed by some strange black fog. ?Ugh...Hey, is anyone there?!? ?Litwick? Litwick!? He gasped as soon as he heard that familiar cry. ?Candle? Is that you?! Oh dear Arceus, please tell me Caroline is there with you!? ?Hey, who is yelling over there?!? He?d opened his eyes, and while he?d had to close them immediately after that, he briefly saw three silhouettes around the fog: One tall one, one small one, and one that was lying on the ground?

?Oh man...Are you that pink haired--? ?LESS TALKING. MORE SAVING US FROM THIS FORSAKEN MIASMA.? The ranger flinched a little from Dahlia?s sudden shouting but was able to recover with ease. ?Pidgey, blow the fog away for me!? It did exactly as it told, blowing a bunch of the fog away with ease. It seems like it was able to fan away a few of the flames surrounding them as well. There, the two saw an unconscious Caroline, with her Litwick standing by her side, possibly ensuring her safety all this time. Dahlia only glared at the ranger for a few seconds before sighing.

?...I?m leaving this place immediately.? He and Dolores throw the two idiots they?ve been holding this entire time to the ground, but not around the area Caroline was in. ?While this man is but one of many doofuses who are still on the loose around here, he is still someone who helped out in the destruction of the forest. I?m sure the police would like to have a word with him?? He looked at the grunt and slyly smiled at him. ?I would love to help out more here, really I do. But due to my sister?s current condition?? He picked her up with a melancholic look on his face. The ranger looked at him, and just sadly smiled. ?...I understand. I?m sorry about all of this. We should have never let someone as young as her be in this section of the forest.? ?I?m sorry for her actions as well if she has done anything wrong while helping out. But for now...farewell.? He?d left without saying anything else.

Dahlia looked back at the current area he?d was in, hoping for the ranger to be out of his view. After finally confirming that he scowled. <Damn it all, Caroline...You always seem to get in some sort of trouble in a way that will never surprise me.> He closely examined Caroline while walking, and then suddenly looked at his current clothing. There were a few burnt marks at the bottom of both of their clothes. ?Oh my goodness...THE CLOTHES GOT BURNT UP BY THE DAMN FLAMES OF DISASTER!!? ?H-huh?! What?s going on?!? Caroline woke up immediately, while others could hear Dahlia?s cry from the heavens.

Really, it was quite amazing for both of them to be so oblivious of the many things around them happening in the fiery section of the forest. The only thing that seemed to affect them during all that was the sweat, the smoke, and their clothes getting a bit burnt up. ?Oh, Hi Dahlia! I got some free stuff from the Ranger while helping them out!? ?Oh...that?s great??

Truly, this was a possible sign of things to come.

TWIN INVENTORY/POK?MON:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
fRPSKey.gif
Avril Morris
Santalune Forest
Chapter 2-4 | Leaving The Nest

Current Party:
nXF9y09.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory:
pokeradar.png
- x1 Pok?dex
pokeball.png
- x4 Pok?balls
potion.png
- x1 Potion
leafstone.png
- x1 Leaf Stone
PokeDollar.png
- 500 Pok? Dollars

Shino croaked in surprise as the Pansage jumped towards him. A pair of long green vines extended outwards from the grass monkey's shoulders, attempting to slap into the Froakie as hard as they could. Shino had just barely managed to jump back and dodge the attack, but this unfortunately left the frog Pok?mon completely exposed for a second attack. He let out a pained croak as the wild Pansear attacked him from behind. The fiery monkey's claws scratching into his back and sending Shino falling to the ground quickly. Shino was quick to pick himself off the ground though. He hopped back up to his feet and retaliated by slamming his little froggy body into the Pansear for all he was worth.

The Pansear staggered backwards, but the smirk on its face did not falter in the slightest bit. Shino was quick to learn why, as he felt two strong vines slap into his back. The Froakie staggered forward, only to receive another Scratch attack courtesy of the wild Pansear. Shino fell flat on his back, the frog Pok?mon quickly realizing that he was not going to be able to hold off both the wild Pok?mon too much longer. He felt the Pansear quickly secure him to the ground, his eyes widening as the Pansage prepared to unleash a series of Vine Whips. The Froakie closed his eyes, preparing himself for the worst...

"Shino!" a voice suddenly shouted!

Shino's eyes snapped open just in time to see Avril making her way from the bushes. The Pansear was also caught off guard from the girl's sudden emergence, so much so that it was knocked completely away from the Froakie when the Hoothoot slammed her body right into the fiery monkey. Shino did not waste anytime in escaping his situation caused by the distraction of Avril and the wild Hoothoot. He quickly jumped to his feet and away from the Pansage, making sure to put in a decent amount of distance between them.

Avril smiled in relief to see that her Froakie was still alright. "I'm sorry I took so long getting back, Shino... There was an incident we had to deal with before we could come back." The Froakie seemed to understand this, giving his trainer a weak smile and a nod. Avril's eyes turned to glare at the Pansage, who did not seem too pleased itself with how things were playing out since the girl's arrival from the beginning. "I think this whole two on one deal is really unfair, so we're evening the odds! Ready, Shino?!"

The frog Pok?mon croaked confidently in return, giving the Pansage his own determined glare as he prepared himself to battle proper. Avril wasted no time. She quickly ordered her Froakie to begin the battle with a Bubble attack. The Froakie obeyed, spraying a stream of bubbles in Pansage's direction. However the Pansage was quick to dodge, and quickly countered with another Vine Whip. One of the whips slammed right into Shino, causing the Froakie to croak in pain as it tried to maintain its footing in the battle.

"This is bad... Shino's not going to be able to last long if he gets hit with too many more of those vine attacks," Avril thought. Suddenly, an idea came to mind. "Shino, Camouflage now!"

The Froakie croaked in agreement, jumping back and away from the wild Pansage. As if by magic, Shino seemed to disappear from the battle all together. The Froakie managed to blend in perfectly with the leaves and trees surrounding them, making it difficult for even Avril to tell where her Pok?mon currently was. Still, she figured it was probably not her best interest to stand in awe of Shino's cloaking abilities for too long.

"Shino, Pound!" the blonde girl quickly ordered.

A croak was heard from somewhere in the area. The wild Pansage widened its eyes, looking all over for the frog Pok?mon. All he was able to locate though was the hurt that followed having an essentially invisible body slam into its own. The Pansage staggered forward only to feel the weight of Shino slamming his body into it again, this time knocking the grass monkey backwards. A grunt of irritation escaped the wild Pansage's mouth as he managed to regain its balance. The monkey heard Avril order the Froakie to use yet another Pound attack, but it seemed like he was not about to let the frog continue his assault. Without warning, the Pansage extended its vines once more. Unlike before however, the Pansage suddenly began to spin around very quickly, the grass vines which extended out of its shoulders flailing about wildly all the while. The familiar croak of pain was heard, which was quickly followed by the sight of Shino emerging from his camouflaged state and falling to the ground in pain. Avril was speechless at the sight of it. She was sure that her Froakie was going to be able to easily win the battle using its environment to such an advantage.

Slowly, the Pansage began to stagger his way towards Shino. "Shino... Shino, you have to get up! Please!" The Froakie slowly managed to pull himself up to his feet. However in his condition, Avril debated if the frog Pok?mon was going to have enough time to pull off the battle. The blonde quickly shot her eyes over towards the direction of the wild Hoothoot, but she was still busy fending off the Pansear. "Come on, Shino! You can do it! Just land one more Pound!"

Avril watched in shock as the Pansage readied itself to attack Shino with one more Vine Whip. The trainer was certain that this attack would be the one to finish Shino off for the battle. The vines quickly descended downward in the direction of Shino... who suddenly seemed to disappear and then reappear behind the Pansage in the blink of an eye! Both Avril and the Pansage seemed to be stunned by the sudden speed presented by Shino. Before either one of them could respond however, Shino's slammed his body straight into Pansage causing it to crash to the ground in an instant. The Pansage struggled to try and pick itself off the ground, but it was no use. The monkey let out one final groan before fainting right on the spot. The wild Pansear stared in shock at his fallen comrade. It quickly dawned on it that it was now the only member remaining of its little gang and with no hope of pulling off a victory now, it did the only thing it could. The Pansear ran towards Pansage, grabbing it by the tail and quickly dragging it into the bushes and away from the scene.

"You did it... We did it... We won!"Avril shouted in celebration. The blonde trainer quickly ran towards her tired, little Froakie, scooping the frog up into her arms and spinning around. "Shino, you were so cool! It was absolutely amazing how you did that just now!"

Shino let out a tired, but happy sounding croak as he snuggled up against Avril. The wild Hoothoot also seemed to be quite happy at their victory. The owl Pok?mon let out a loud and joyous hoot, flapping her little wings in celebration. The celebration didn't last long, however. The small sounds of three sets of hoots quickly caught the attention of the trainer and the two Pok?mon below. All three sets of eyes shot up towards the tree, just in time to see the young Hoothoots above lift their way out of their nest and start to fly away from the scene. Avril gasped in surprise at the sight, quickly turning her attention towards the wild Hoothoot.

"I get it now... You were trying to protect your babies because they were preparing to leave the nest, weren't you?" she questioned. The wild Hoothoot seemed to nod in response, flying up a bit higher as she watched her babies take to their wings and step out on their own. "I'm... I'm really sorry about what happened. If you hadn't fought so hard about being caught... well, I don't even wanna think what might have happened to your young."

The Hoothoot fluttered down to Avril's level, letting out a small, slightly weak sounding hoot of her own. Shino's eyes widened as he watched the Hoothoot, a smile quickly forming on across his mouth as he looked up at his trainer expectantly. The blonde girl didn't seem to understand just what the Hoothoot was trying to say, giving only a curious look to the two as she tried to piece it together. Shino eventually slipped out of Avril's arms and reached into her bag just long enough to pull out one of her Pok?balls. Avril's eyes lit up as she realized what this meant.

"You... You mean it?" she questioned, the Hoothoot letting out another happy sounding hoot. "Well then... Who am I to say no to another friend on the journey! Welcome to the team... Hmm... How about... Anise?"

The newly dubbed Hoothoot seemed to be more than happy with Avril's choice of nickname. Taking the ball from Shino, Avril quickly pressed it against the bird Pok?mon, successfully making her first official catch as a trainer.

ZtLJfoT.png

Anise the Hoothoot
Female/Adamant/Hates To Lose
Tackle/Growl/Foresight/Hypnosis/Peck

nXF9y09.png

Shino learned Quick Attack!

Jay

Years
Stage 3
Santalune City and Route 3 - Ouvert Way​

Time at Stage Start: 11:30 AM​

Ouvert way is a short and picturesque little trail leading up a slight incline from the forest below to the beautiful and natural Santalune City. Despite the danger of the burning forest, the cheery little pathway has retained its charm and as you, in your own time, make your way through you arrive at the city as the night draws to a close. After seeking a bed at the local center, which is always open to trainers, or procuring yourself some other form of accomodation, the morning arrives. With the sunlight pouring down on a new day, the allure of a trainer's life remains ever present. One of the first official contests of the Kalos Grand Festival qualifiers is being held this very evening at a very special stage, set up in the center of the majestic and ever growing Santalune gardens. For those not interested in contests, the gym leader Viola has returned this morning to the Santalune city gym and is accepting challengers looking for their first gym badge.

Those looking to capture new pok?mon will find themselves spoiled for choice, as pok?mon native to the city itself as well as the nearby Route 3 are plentiful. Route 22 to the East has been mostly closed off due to construction work on the final gauntlet that is Victory Road, however the part of the route still accessible may have a few interesting pok?mon attracted by the greater strength of those powerhouses that lurk within the rocky tunnels of a trainer's final destination.

Aside from all of that, there are plenty of tasks and jobs to be undertaken by a budding trainer looking for reward. You'll find regardless of personal goals and inclination, that Santalune city is buzzing with activity.

Pok?mon Available:

Route 3 - Ouvert Way + Santalune City (Level 12):​
bidoof.gif
bunnelby.gif
zigzagoon.gif
rattata.gif
sentret.gif
yungoos.gif
patrat.gif
buneary.gif
fletchling.gif
volbeat.gif
illumise.gif
ledyba.gif
dunsparce.gif
psyduck.gif
burmy.gif

azurill.gif
pikachu.gif
pachirisu.gif
aipom.gif
nidoran.gif
nidoranf.gif
vulpix.gif

Pok?mon available to those in possession of a fishing rod:
tympole.gif
wooper.gif
surskit.gif
corphish.gif

Pok?mon available to those on Mission 8:
phantump.gif

Route 22 - D?tourner Way (Level 14):​

bunnelby.gif
buneary.gif
litleo.gif
psyduck.gif
farfetchd.gif
bidoof.gif
dunsparce.gif
azurill.gif
riolu.gif
mienfoo.gif
minccino.gif
rattata.gif
spearow.gif
sunkern.gif
sunflora.gif
seedot.gif
stunky.gif
carvanha.gif
chatot.gif

Pok?mon Available only to those in possession of a bug net:
nincada.gif
joltik.gif
surskit.gif

Missions:​
This Stage introduces the first Gym Battle of the RP. The Gym Leader in question is Viola, leader of the Santalune City gym and user of bug type pok?mon. In order to win a gym battle you simply have to write your character doing so, however you're encouraged to give your all and be as creative as possible when writing a fight this important and built up. To assist with this, in every stage with a gym leader information will be provided in the stage post detailing the following:

- Gym Leader Pok?mon
- Related movesets for said pok?mon.
- The Gym's gimmick.
- The Leader's prefered tactics in battle.

"But Jay and Shak!" You wonder. "What is a Gym Gimmick?" Well player, the gimmick is something unique to each gym. It will never be as simple as a one on one battle, usually the Leader will have a trick up their sleeve, be it a feature of the gym itself, a restrictive battle condition or an entirely new method of victory altogether. Either way, these are here to make every gym battle unique and to give your character a run for their money.

With that, allow me to give you the first "Gym Tactics" section.

Viola said:
Viola_artwork.png

Leader Pok?mon:
NINJASK
ninjask.gif
  • Double Team
  • Agility
  • Swords Dance
  • Baton Pass
  • Fury Cutter
Ability: Speed Boost

SURSKIT
surskit.gif
  • Aqua Jet
  • Agility
  • Bug Bite
  • Rain Dance
  • Sticky Web
Ability: Rain Dish

Gym Gimmick:
The battlefield of Viola's gym isn't a solid platform, it's instead multiple large flat rocks suspended over a pit by web. Falling down leads to a soft cushioned bottom and an open door of defeat. The webbing is difficult to walk on, necessitating jumping across unless you want to go very slowly... giving a significant advantage to Viola's pok?mon whom are known for speed... and one can fly to boot.

Leader's Tactics:
Viola takes full advantage of her gyms gimmick, she waits for trainers to get impatient and stuck in the web, before dashing in with her pok?mon for an easy victory. For those with the patience and skill to overcome the gimmick, she overwhelms her opponents with speed. Her Ninjask can get incredibly quick and strong with its moves and ability, and once weak enough it can pass those buffs to Surskit easily with a baton pass. For pok?mon with the speed to match her she keeps sticky web handy and for fire types whom come in looking for an easy win, she uses rain dance and aqua jet to even the playing field.

How will your pok?mon find a way to overcome the swift and technical bug type tactics of the Santalune Gym Leader?

---

Also introduced in this stage is the first official Kalos Contest that the players will have access to. Contests work very differently to gym battles and as such require a different type of skill to be victorious.

As in the case of Gym's every contest will have a gimmick or "Contest Condition" that will need to be aimed for in order to obtain vistory. Generally, all contests will have one thing in mind regardless however... that being spectacle and performance, showmanship and entertainment. You'll be expected to use your pok?mon to put on a show through clever and unique use of their moves and abilities. Once a contest begins all contests will be expected to take turns performing in front of a live audience with their pok?mon in a routine of their own design.

All players entering the contest will be notified when the contest starts with enough forewarning to give time to prepare. When the contest does begin, the players will have two days to write a single post detailing their performance in front of a large crowd and judges. Players whom fail to post their performance during this time will IC miss the contest due to being late or some other inconvenience.

Every Stage a contest is present a small blurb detailing the stage, guest judges and conditions for victory will be added to the stage post. Who wins a contest is up to the players participating alongside the GMs. Before, during and after the contest players will be expected to communicate in the Discord whom they wish to receive what position if any. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a contest ribbon and 3 ribbons are required to qualify for the Kalos grand festival, 4th and 5th place will also receive consolation prizes. Each contest has a maximum of 16 entrants including players and most usually faceless NPCs.

Now then, without further ado:

Santalune Contest said:
Venue:
The venue for this contest will be the grand gardens of Santalune City. A special stage area has been set up with four topiaries of the pok?mon Chespin, Froakie, Fennekin and Pikachu at all four corners has been set up for contestants. The floor is grass covered in a batch of beautiful flowers of varying type and colour. A sort of small soccer stadium esque seating plan has been set up around the stage to accomodate onlookers and the judging box is situated to the East side.

Guest Judge:
Lisia
Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Lisia.png
A contest star from the Hoenn region, Lisia along with her uncle Wallace are responsible for updating the Showcases of the past to the new Kalosian Grand Festival extravaganza. She adores cute pok?mon but is experienced enough to see the great appeal in cool, smart, beautiful and tough pok?mon as well. With her experience she'll no doubt be looking for pure, untainted contest talent. Give it your all with whatever you're best at.

Contest Condition:
No condition for this contest other than the basics. A pure contest to the core, make any routine you like and perform to the very best of you and your pok?mons abilities.

---

An IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT involving a new type of mission is as follows: Certain missions will be listed as having multiple rewards or MULTI-REWARD. If a mission has this tag that means it may be claimed multiple times, but each reward may only be claimed once.

When claiming this mission OOC make sure to specify which reward you wish to claim as well, for example.

[quote="Multi-Reward]MULTI-REWARD Mission X:
A young man is giving out three berries.

Reward:
- 1 Rawst Berry
- 1 Pecha Berry
- 1 Aspear Berry.

Claiming would be as follows.

Jackson: Mission X. Gimme that Rawst!

Laurent: Mission X. I'll gladly take the Pecha berry.

Brie: Mission X. That aspear berry looks cute!

Now that all rewards are claimed, the mission cannot be claimed anymore.[/quote]

This kind of mission is also a great excuse to JP!

---

Finally, this Stage will mark the end of ACT 1. The first major and the opening chapter of the RP will come to a close. As such, this particular stage will last longer than usual, presumably 10 days depending on how posting goes.

Now then! Onto the missions.

OPEN ? Mission:​
As you arrive in Santalune City, the first of the Kalosian League gyms lies before you. It's time for your first step on the long road to the pok?mon league! Defeat Viola to prove you're up to the task.

Reward:
50px-Bug_Badge.png
The Bug Badge + TM Bug Bite

OPEN ? Mission:​
It's time for the first contest of the Kalosian Grand Festival qualifiers... and it's happening tonight! Get prepared, get ready and go and strut yourself for guest judge Lisia in hopes of winning your first ribbon and taking your first step on the road to becoming the Contest King or Queen of Kalos.

Reward:
1st: 500 Pok? + 1 Heal Ball + 1 Kalosian Contest Ribbon + 1 Poffin Cooking Kit + 1 TM Charm
2nd: 500 Pok? + 1 Heal Ball + 1 Kalosian Contest Ribbon + 1 Poffin Cooking Kit
3rd: 500 Pok? + 1 Heal Ball + 1 Kalosian Contest Ribbon
4th: 500 Pok? + 1 Heal Ball
5th: 150 Pok? + 1 Heal Ball
6th and Lower: Disappointment

Repeatable Mission 1:​
Following the chaos of the Santalune city fire, many of Santalune's residents have found their homes infested by wild pokemon. While the new adoption center seems to be making a good effort of giving the pokemon a home, most of the more feral wild pokemon have adopted spaces of their own choosing. Local Pokemon rangers are doing their best, to get the job done, but the could use some help. Clear out three houses and help control the pest problem.

Reward: 300 poke

Mission 2:​
Youngster Joey is at it again! He's turned up at the local trainer school and despite being taught a lesson twice by Tim Newton, he's started pushing around the kids at the pre-trainer school. These kids are trying to follow in the footsteps of Aquacorde's very own academy graduates, but these disheartening defeats to Joey arent very encouraging. They not only need help, but a hero to inspire them.

Reward: A Pokeball + Eviolite

Mission 3:​
The press are lurching around the entrance to route 3, trying to get any word they can on the forest fire. It's not the most moral option to take capitalise on such a tragic event, but you could catch a pretty hefty sum if you were creating a convincing enough story about your own heroisms in the forest. Not to mention the long term press relationship this could open up for you.

Reward: 1,000 Poke + Continued Press Coverage

Mission 4:​
The city's boutique is firing it's tailors left, right and center. People seem to just go to Lumiose for their fashion needs. They need something new. Cotton is soooo out this season. What's in? Who knows? Maybe a budding fashionista would benefit from starting the new fashion trend. Finding a new and more interesting materials would be a good way to do that.

Reward: - Discount at all boutique stores in Kalos (Except Lumiose) + 400 Poke

Mission 5:​
The cities oldest fisherman has lost his spark, lost his youth. He doesnt get the same thrill from life that he used to. One thing he adores more than anything is a spectacular pokemon battle. There's no huge demand for this to be done, but it would be nice to go and restore an old mans spirit.

Reward: One Old Rod

Mission 6:​
The fountain in the centre of this city is the most peaceful of places you can find in Kalos. That is until the cities most recent residents started causing a ruckus. The Aipom and Pan monkey gangs that usually inhabit Santalune forest have brung their gang wars to Santalune, and the cities residence are suffering for it. Poop, food and any other potentially projectile objects are being tossed across the city. This needs to be resolved.

Reward: 5 Oran Berries

MULTI-REWARD Mission 7:​
It's incredibly unfortunate, but the fire took more than just trees and foliage. The details are best left unsaid, but a few trainer's pok?mon have ended up at a makeshift adoption shelter at the Santalune Pok?mon Center. These pok?mon are far too appropriated to a trainer's lifestyle to be released back into the wild... and although they may be difficult to work with at first, someone needs to take them.

Reward:
- Level 10 Tyrogue
- Level 10 Yamask
- Level 10 Mudbray

Mission 8:​
Everyone says that the abandoned logging plant at the edge of town is haunted. Nobody ever goes there for that reason and for the most part people are fairly content to just forget about it, as foliage and plant life slowly start to reclaim its dark corridors. However, a few people have been spreading rumors about the last known shipment to be delivered to the factory. A full crate of a powerful grass type TM sent due to a mix-up exists somewhere in the abandoned facility. Is the reward worth the risk?

Reward: 3 "TM Energy Ball"'s.

Mission 9​
With the fountain left broken and the forest fire stopping it from being fixed even now, a new problem has arose. Rising from the mildew and algae an aggressive Muk has crawled out from the drain and is refusing to let anyone get near the fountain. Someone needs to put this slimy scumbag in his place.

Reward: TM Water Pulse

OPEN Mission 10:​
Near the North side of town a girl calling herself "Roller Skate Rinka" is challenging people to battle against her Zigzagoon. Those who emerge victorious will find themselves rewarded with a nice pair of roller skates to call their own, some lessons may also be required.

Reward: A pair of Kalosian Speedster Roller Skates.

Mission 11:​
Word around town is that some punks have started heckling the construction workers who are fixing the the gate to victory road on route 22. They've been around town for a while, but are convinced that an egg they recently found near the logging plant is the enough to warrant a pokemon league challenge. Someone should educate them in how to really be a trainer, if you catch my drift.

Reward: A pok?mon egg with a deep purple shine.

Mission 12:​
Somewhere on Route 22 they say an Aura Guardian is examining the local flora and fauna for signs of... something. Even when questioned he doesn't state what he's looking for, only that he's looking for a very specific Riolu, one that can "channel an even more powerful aura than the usual". A man with such an interesting background, may have aught interesting to give as a reward for a trainer willing to assist him.

Reward: Mysterious Blue Crystal

Jay

Years
Jackson_Crane.png

Current Team:
gastly.gif
teddiursa.gif
houndour.gif
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Early Morning Antics
Current Location : Santalune City - Jardiner Caf?

Jackson eagerly bit down on his third slice of toast that morning, the butter and bacon layered atop of it was delicious and before he could help himself he'd scarfed it all down. Sitting across from him, Professor Augustine Sycamore gave a soft chuckle before speaking, his thick Kalosian accent permeating throughout his words. "Jackson my boy, it is like you have not eaten in weeks, no? Honestly, you know they will feed you at the center?"

Jackson grunted as he finished off another strip of bacon. "I ate plenty at the center yeah, but if you buy the food I'm gonna eat it Prof." He hastily wiped his hands with a napkin and tossed down a few leftover scraps of meat to the cobbled floor beside him, where the waiting fang growled lowly and greedily gobbled them up. Sycamore grinned, "I am very pleased to see that you're team has already grown so much. A Teddiursa and a Houndour rescued from the clutches of villainy, fantastique Jackson." Jackson shrugged a little awkwardly. "Well you heard my stories, you know that a lot of what's happened has just been some awkward circumstances..." He paused to take a swig of his flavored water. "You said Brandon is being detained by the rangers?"

Sycamore gingerly cut away a small piece of sausage before popping it into his mouth and relaxing back into his seat. The two were sat at the 'Jardiner Caf?', a lovely little spot situated at the edge of the grand Santalune gardens. Specifically they were by the cobbled streets, sitting in a gazebo outside. Jackson could just about see workers setting up the stands and seats for the contest to happen that evening. He had seen many a sign, even saw some of his old classmates approaching a booth in the pok?mon center to sign up.

"Ah, yes. Detestable child..." The professor bristled. "It is mostly scare tactics, you see? They are doing it to put the fear of Arceus into the boy, ho ho." He grinned and finished off the pork links on his plate. "Hopefully he won't be a problems to anyone else in the near future... not that I think he'd be able to anyway, not anytime soon with what you did to him." Jackson growled at the comment and leaned back in his seat in turn. "I did what I felt I had t' Prof. Ain't no regrets 'ere." Sycamore gave a coy smile. "I agree but I'd be a bad mentor if I at least didn't mention the excessive violence, no?" Jackson shrugged and rolled a finger around the top of his glass, tracing the rim.

"Now then... how's Mal?"

---

Gaspar hung curiously under the shadows of the long hanging table clothe, drifting between both mens legs and watching as Fang chewed eagerly on some of the smaller scraps of Jackson's leftovers. The small ball of gas wasn't sure why exactly but he had never felt the desire or need to eat. He could, don't get him wrong, but it was never necessary... maybe it was because he was dead? Or because he wasn't technically a solid? Oh whatever! Eating was for boring, living people and pok?mon. Hehahaha.

Teddy was cautiously standing behind the back right leg of Jackson's chair, oh bother... how on Earth had he ended up with such a scary bunch of guys! Jackson was so cool, he beat up bad guys and said cool things like "Fuck you" and "Sunnovabich" and people gave him these shocked looks so Teddy assumed that it must've meant something very profound. Those two though. Teddy glared a little at Fang and the shadow of Gaspar. So intimidating! Besides, maybe Gaspar didn't have to eat... but Teddy sure did... those scraps should've been shared... fufu... Maybe if he was veeeeryyy quiet...

Fang chewed through another scrap of bacon. Tasted good. That was about all that mattered with food anyway, he didn't really get to be picky but quality over quantity. He looked up at Jackson for a moment as he ranted about his human sister. Two legs were so confusing, Fang didn't get the appeal of families and pack tactics. Being cooped up with those other Houndour's and the orange ones, he'd learned a little rule called "survivial of the fittest". This sister of Jackson's didn't sound like the fittest by a long shot. He himself had always done his best to stay in pique physical condition... and he was proud to say that he was the stockiest pup out of all those fur headed losers. Now then, time for the next piece of-

Fang froze as he looked down to where he had been keeping a rather large chunk of meat, barely even any fat on it at all, all protein all power. However, his power piling protein pick me up had been pilfered, it was no longer placed in its preset position. In a flash, Fang turned towards Teddy, whom froze in place as he felt the glare at his back. Very slowly the tiny bear pok?mon turned around with grease around his lips to meet the rage filled eyes of the hungry dark type.

"..."

"..."

"Ursaaaa!" Teddy started to waddle at great speed around the table as Fang growled aggressively and took off after him, circling around the table and scaring a passing waitress.

Gaspar watched them for a few moments with a wide grin, before slowly floating out from under the table... and quickly scooping up the remaining chunks of meat with his tongue, dragging them back into the shadows. Of course the bear would never be able to steal something from a hound alone... and of course, the hound would never care unless Gaspar happened to gift his little friend the one piece the pup cradled and saved for last.

No, Gaspar didn't have to eat... but that certainly didn't mean that he wasn't going to play with his food.

---

"So she's doing well? Taking her medicine on time?" Jackson asked pensively, rubbing his hands together as he listened to the professor's response.

"Yes, yes Jackson! She's fine, haha, although just as anxious to know you are alright in turn. She is desperate to see you." He chuckles and spread his arms innocently, showing he had nothing to hide. Jackson relaxed in his seat and ran a hand down his face in relief. "Thank Arceus for that Prof. Damn shame I can't go see her, but I gotta keep goin', can't waste no time." Sycamore nodded seriously. "Don't worry, I'm sure she'll be satisfied with seeing you on television."

Jackson rose an eyebrow. "Television professor? Didn' they stop broadcastin' gym battles last year as trainer interest was incresin'?" Professor Sycamore smiled gently in response. "Yes of course, exactly Jackson. Malorie was excited to see the contest however." Jackson rose his eyebrow higher. "Professor, you alright? That's kind of unrelated to my whole schtick y'know? Glad she can watch them overdone beauty pageants on the airwaves but she won't get to see me there."

Sycamore's smile transformed into a sly grin. "Oh no, she will. That's the reason I signed you up after all." Jackson blinked. "You... signed me...?" His expression dropped, his features going pale for a brief second before slowly building up to rage once again. "YOU WHAT?!"

Sycamore near burst out laughing as Jackson's cry drew the fearful gaze of many a pedestrian and caf? customer. "Oui, Jackson! You will be participating in tonight's contest spectacular once your gym battle is fini!" He stood up as Jackson did and made an illustrious pose. "Are you kiddin' me?! No way! No how! I can't do somethin' like that?! Wha' dahell are you thinkin' Sycamore?!

The Professor only kept smiling calmly as he picked up his case and brushed off his coat. A waitress approached as Jackson's jaw nearly hit the floor in shock at the other man's calm demeanor. "Jackson..." He said with a condescending lilt. "Mal is already informed and excited to see you in the show, surely you will not let her down now?" Jackson's gaze furrowed as Sycamore took a step outside of the gazebo. "You son of a- Even if I WERE to agree for her sake, I don' know anythin' about contests?! Dahell do I even do?"

The Professor smiled and gestured for Jackson to step outside before patting his shoulder as he did so. "Simple, make a routine, a performance with your pok?mon like it was a trainer school talent show." He smiled a little awkwardly as he gingerly pulled his hand away. "Your outfit is a little torn as well, no? Head over to the local tailor and tell them you're here on behalf of Augustine, they'll give you a nice new outfit. I think you're going to need it more than I will." Jackson glared, before shrugging his bare shoulder, the sleeve still burned away from the night before. "Look here 'Augustine' this just ain't gonna work... I... don't wanna let Mal down, true. I can't do this by myself though, agh, fuckin' sucks to say that but it's true!"

Sycamore considered for a moment before pulling out his stylish smart pok?tch and activating the e-mail function. "Now little known fact my boy, each generation of pok?dex grows more advanced than the last yes? Yours actually have an e-mail functionality built into them. Tell me, do you remember a Miss Brielle Baker?" Jackson pondered for a second, scratching his chin. "I think so? She was the chick with the goomy right? What about her?" Sycamore smiled coyly in response. "She is a girl with an eye for fashion! She will undoubtedly be able to help you. Observe."

With a few quick taps Sycamore typed out a message to be sent.

Sender: Professor Sycamore. Subject: A Small Favor said:
"Miss Baker,

Bonjour! It is me, your instructor and friend, Professor Sycamore. Do tell me, how is your journey going thus far? From what I know of you, you no doubt have taken an interest in the upcoming contest! Well, I have an... unlikely friend whom has as well. He is clueless, my dear, utterly so.

The contest is at 11:30 PM today. If it please you I would ask you meet with him at the pok?mon center around 3-ish. Consider it a challenge, I need an expert in mignonne, cute, to transform him into a passable contest contestant! I would appreciate it as a favor to me.

All the best,
- Augustine Sycamore."

"W-wait!" Jackson cried reaching out, but the send button was already pressed and the message poofed away into the magical world of instant messaging. With a smile, Sycamore dodged out of the way as Jackson continued trying to grab him in anger, before he gave a small wave and began to walk down the road towards the pok?mon center. "Remember Mr. Crane, you're expected at 3 PM! Best get to that gym challenge quickly, tick tock."

Jackson stared hard and shocked at the back of Sycamore's head as he trudged away.

"HOW THE FUCK DO CONTESTS EVEN WORK?!"

"Wooork... Wooork... woooooork...." His voice echoed over the ashen trees of North Santalune forest and many a fletchling panicked, taking flight into the sky above.

Spoiler:

Gengar_footer.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017

"This is a serious matter." Sam said, passion in his eyes, his fist raised beside him while his other hand was at his hips. "What am I going to wear for the contest?!"

Rainer rolled his eyes hard enough to roll his entire body around onto the floor. Sam could be so confusing but this was a whole new level of weird. Not that he didn't want his trainer to be more serious it's just... Rainer had no intention of being a contest pokemon. His plans for the future were to fully evolve and master the league. He got back up on his feet, thinking about this predicament.

"Poli, poli..." In the end, a team was about supporting one another. Rainer would just have to be ok with whatever Sam decided to do while in the human city. Contest.. gym... heck even clothes shopping was something his trainer was having a challenge with handling. The poliwag looked at his trainer's selection... each of them a different style of swim trunks.

"Poliwag!!!" It said, stunned that Sam wasn't even thinking about branching out of his permanent swimmer look.

River was busy observing the textile shop that the team was next to. She really admired how humans could weave fabric. But as neat as it was, she was also sure that Rainer was right about their trainer being a bit more dense than rocks.

"Woop!" She exclaimed, pointing out an advertisement on the wall for the contest.

"Huh... I guess coordinators don't wear shorts. Uh.... I think I have an idea." Sam said, the team moved throughout the city for a while.

Lead by the swimmer, the two blue pokemon had a discussion about the gym. River wasn't too keen on human things like gyms or contests but Rainer proved to be knowledgeable about it all. He had the cunning that Sam didn't have but the two were inseparable because of their pact. Sam would see Rainer through the pokemon league and the poliwag would teach him how to swim like a real water type.

Wooper thought that was actually cool. She just wanted to come along for the adventure because that river she lived in was getting boring. Now it seemed she was missing out on really bonding with her trainer like Rainer.

The Poliwag assured her that Sam was going to find something the both of them could enjoy. He hinted that she'd be the contest pokemon of the team since he pretty much lacked the grace necessary to do anything worthwhile for an appeal. She seemed confused. Not really knowing what to expect, she asked for advice but Rainer just said it was a matter of practice.

"Ok... so... I had a this awesome idea where I make an entire diving suit from all the shorts I bought. Once it's all together it's going to be spectacular. I've got scissors... thread... and a sewing needle." Sam said. His enthusiasm was like a ray of the sun, too bright for Rainer too consider anything more than sheer naivety.

"Wooper?" River wondered how the human would manage to put together those shorts in a meaningful way. But having seen those textiles in the shop, she was assured that her human would be able to do cool things with clothes as well.

The two pokemon were patient with Sam. They kept talking about the human side of the world while Sam cut and stitched away. A few times he stopped to suck on a pin-pricked thumb. The wooper hovered over him but the poliwag assured her that whatever he was making, it would look better once finished.

Sam turned to his two pokemon, showing them an impressively put together suit made from swim shorts material. It had style of its own. Using patterns of cyan bubbles, white zigzags, deep blue stripes, and orange stitching to add contrast, Sam had created a unique suit for himself that the two pokemon were stunned to see.

Rainer looked at it, wondering when Sam took up the skill of making clothes. River on the other hand was excited to see the masterpiece. She marveled at the patterns and color.

"Hey I'm going to put it on!" Sure enough Sam did have a sewing skill that his pokemon didn't know about. His swim suit covered his legs to his knees, had a long v on his chest to show his muscle, and wrapped around his shoulders with no sleeves. He looked prepared to dive into the water at any moment and outshine even the most splendid pearls of the sea.

"Woop!" River said, exclaiming a word of celebration.

"Poli!" Rainer said, looking at another poster. There was one last piece missing from the outfit. Iconic coordinator outfits appeared to have a form of mask as well.

"Huh... I guess I'll need a mask too. I think I have an idea. A sweet set of goggles!" Sam said.

Rainer thought that would actually look lame since the rest of the outfit had its own unique style of dynamic patterns and color which emphasized movement. Goggles were too bulky to match that look. Rainer leaped up beside the poster and slapped his tail just the right way to emphasize the mask again.

"Oh... he's got more than just an eye cover. Huh so you're saying I should do a full head cover? Hmm How about face paint? Water resistant of course since it would just fall off the moment I got close to water." Sam looked around the city for some of that. Seemed he was in luck but the stuff costed a pretty penny. The contest stuff was going to be so awesome, the swimmer couldn't wait for it to come together.

The two pokemon were sure that the human side of the contest would go well. But Rainer tried to raise concern that River wasn't even aware of contests before entering the city. Sam of course didn't understand and seemed to be too focused on dazzling judges with looks rather than an actual appeal.

The trio were heading around the city, somewhat at random. Sam was think about something while his pokemon were tailing behind with another strong discussion going on between them. After a little while they reached the edge of the city where Sam was leading them to.

"Let's do some training!" Sam exclaimed. "Battle and contest stuff!"

Rainer was happy to finally be doing something important. River on the other hand wasn't sure what she'd be doing.

Within a minute Sam and Poliwag were in a face off. It seemed that their training was going to be done together. River was content sitting and watching... the scenarios of training appeared to be for the poliwag's agility. He needed to escape Sam's hold without using any moves. That quickly turned into Sam trying to grapple a spherical pokemon which was already wet and slippery. It did not go well for the human and Rainer seemed pleased to have won again.

"Ok you're turn, River! But for this you're gunna need those rocks again. It's target practice!" Sam said. River hopped up and waddled to Sam. She wasn't sure why the human wanted to be pelted with rocks but she wasn't going to hold back if that's how he wanted to do this.

"Poli!" Rainer wasn't sure what his trainer was thinking. Rocks could easily crush him.

"Oh don't worry. She's aiming for that tree over there!" Sam said, patting the wooper on the head. "I'm not that crazy."

The wooper waited for her trainer's orders but he seemed to be silent. She looked at him for a second but realized that he was lost in thought with his eyes wondering and his brow scrunched.

"Huh? Oh you can start. It's that tree right there! You gotta hit it from here!" Sam pointed to the tree.

River focused her mind, beckoning the earth to follow her command. In a couple short seconds she was able to lift up the earth around her. Rocks the size of the pokemon swirled around her while her body showed a faint aura of purple colors. Unfortunately, this Ancient Power was weaker than others. She wasn't emotionally invested into the attack and couldn't muster the strength to send the rocks very far. They instead landed near the tree, striking the ground with some impact forcing the dust into the air.

"That's a good try! But it seems you don't have the range yet. Well try again when you're ready." Sam patted the wooper on her head. She wasn't content with that attempt but her trainer's encouragement was enough to motivate her for a second try.

This time she tried thinking about something to help her, a visualization of a better target. Those houndour were meanies back in the forest so she thought about one of them being in front of that tree.

A few second later her aura surrounded her again and the rocks were called to her side.

Don't shoot it yet. First think about how you feel right now. This state of mind... it's gotta be good or you won't be able to hit that tree." Sam said.

River tried to think about her state of mind. But it was hard. She was just visualizing an enemy and didn't really feel anything special in her brain. Holding the attack back wasn't working out, she released it without doing anything so the rocks fell and the aura dispersed.

"Poli?" Rainer wondered where his trainer was getting these ideas for training. How would he know how to help wooper with focus? He could barely do it himself.

"It's ok. Try one more time before we go get a snack!" Sam looked in the distance. "There's a big rock right there. It's closer and a bigger target. Focus on that and strike it!"

River complied, once again conjuring the aura and visualizing her target. The rocks floated around her, this time in a stable orbit before flinging to that rock and striking it's center. They weren't a strong enough force to damage it but the sounds of the flung rocks hitting their target were like sharp claps in the air.

"That's excellent! Now. lets go get..." Sam turned about so he could see both of his pokemon but before him were three. "Hi!" He said.

The poliwag and wooper turned around too, seeing another small blue pokemon.

"Azurill!" It exclaimed, watching them all.

"Poli?" Rainer asked why it hadn't fled or tried to battle.

It looked at the poliwag dead in the eyes and told him that it was too strong to be beat and just wanted to see what kind of weaklings were making so much noise. The poliwag tilted its head back, in awe of the dauntless Azurill's claim. He wanted to fight and prove his worth.

"Oh.. uh it wants to battle?" Sam asked, unsure what was going down between them.

In a flash of momement Rainer took the first move, aiming to hit the smaller pokemon with a water gun. The Azurill was quick, releasing its own attack to counter Rainer's. In a flash the Poliwag was overtaken by the force of a bubble beam and found itself being hit by a follow up move from the Azurill.

"Geesh!" Sam said, seeing that reckless wild pokemon attack. For such a small thing it kept Rainer on his toes.

The two seemed to be evenly matched despite the azurill's advantage with a stronger move. Its defenses were better as it had an eye for cancelling out Rainer's water gun.

River watched the two pokemon battle and wondered just what was happening. Poliwag was a more serious pokemon at it seemed he was playing cautious. The wooper thought that he wouldn't need to since azurills were actually really weak. Was he trying to fool her?

"Azuuuuril!" It said, splashing over the poliwag, taunting him. It was assured of her victory since her opponent was super slow and not even damaging her.

That's when the poliwag turned about and had a cheerful expression its face. It used encore to force the Azurill to splash again. The small blue pokemon didn't know what was going on but couldn't help but be useless as it splashed once more.

Rainer looked it in the eye then used hypnosis.

"Wow... that was cool!" Sam said. He reached into his stuff and grabbed a pokeball.

The poliwag let off a particularly accurate watergun against the sleeping azurill. It proved itself in battle and felt that it was getting stronger. It was going to leave this azurill fainted for what it said.

"Go pokeball!" Sam said, throwing one at the azurill.

Rainer's eyes widened as the pokeball drifted overhead. This was going to be a very very bad day.

The Azurill was absorbed into the pokeball. It rolled around a bit, then finally beeped to confirm the capture.

River leaped up and down, happy to see that Sam was also very happy.

Rainer sat on the ground, wondering what it was going to do now that that arrogant little pokemon was going to be with them. Ah well... at least it would prove to be a worthy opponent for training.

"Now.. let's stop by the pokemon center and get healed up. Snacks and rest come afterwards!" Sam picked up the pokeball. He really loved small blue pokemon. They were the cutest of all pokemon. He wanted to capture an azurill for quite a while and now it was finally done.

"Ronin!" Sam said, nick namming the azurill.​

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Emma Kuzunoha
Kaen

Current Team - Emma:
budew.gif

Current Location : Santalune Forest

The fires have settled down, with the rangers attending to the wounded Pokemon, and trainers. The police were on the scene too, looking on the investigation of the fire. Emma was there too, pondering her notes, until one of the officers approached her. He greeted her with a salute.

"Officer Moore, reporting!" the officer greeted. He then started to turn away to a different direction, as though he wanted to lead Emma to something. "Detective Kuzunoha, you might want to see this..."

Emma put away her notebook to follow the officer to a destination. Along the way, she saw small splattering of blood that has been dried up. Soon she was led to a scene where many officers were gathered, examining what it seems to be a dead body. It seemed to be a woman, already dead.

"My god..." Emma started. She squatted down to have a closer inspection of the corpse. Even from the burns she suffered on her body, one particular burn from the burn marks on her forehead indicated she was shot at point-blank. "So there was a murder here too? Was this in relation to the fire?" She then stood up. "Gabriel Artece must of been behind this too. But who was this woman? And why would he? Knowing how sick he is, his reasoning might of been practically non-existent."

She then remembered the card she picked up. Gabriel Artece was a member of a team called Team Cipher. A seemingly dangerous group of terrorist-like minds. But was there a relation between them and the smuggle-ring, the Emerald Dragons? There were far too many questions, and not enough answers. Emma then turned to the officer. "Run a full autopsy of the body at once. I'll be sure to report this to the chief later." she ordered, with the officer saluting her in agreement. She left the scene to ponder deeper in thought.

Emma soon heard rustling from nearby the bushes and branches that were still in-tact by a small margin. A small, puppy-like pok?mon appeared, with its full covered in dead leaves. If I recall, that's a Growlithe... a fire-type pokemon, Emma thought upon seeing the wild puppy pok?mon. It stared her down with battle-ready eyes. Come to think of it, Mr. Artece used a Fire-type pok?mon too. I only have a grass-type Pok?mon myself, so if the rest of the Team Cipher members all battle fire-type pok?mon, I could be in for a tough fight... So, I suppose now is a good time to increase my repertoire!

She got out her prized pok?mon from her pokeball. She threw it, as her Budew came out shortly after the energy from the pokeball materialized. It seemed to be doing fine, after the fierce battle against that Houndoom, indicated by its cheerful expression.

"Use your Leaf Storm attack!" Emma commanded shortly after. Vida the Budew spun around as it glowed, releasing a barrage of leaves from its prospect. The wild Growlithe retaliated by spewing spores of flames from its mouth, releasing a respectable Ember attack, right towards Budew. The flames managed to over power the leaf Storm barrage, pelting Budew with the ember flames.

"Grass-type moves won't be effective against Fire-types..." said Emma, examining her situation. Vida was hit hard by the blast, but managed to get back up shortly after. However, being the grass-type she is, Emma could tell she can't take much more fore-type attacks. "We'll have to get in closer!"

Soon the wild Growlithe started running up towards the staggering Budew. Emma could tell, it was going for a Bite attack. That's when she got an idea. "Just stay there and let it Bite you, Vida!" Emma ordered. Her Budew was hesitant to follow at first, but it trusted Emma's judgement. The growlithe quickly caught up, opened its jaw, and bit down upon Vida's twin bulb, leaving it to endure it. "Quick! Now go for a Stun Spore!" Emma soon told it. It was all according to plan. Vida soon regained its ground, releasing yellow spores from itself right inside the wild Growlithe's mouth, and all over its body, leaving it to let go from Vida, totally paralyzed.

"Now, use your Absorb attack!" then called out Emma. Budew latched on the paralyzed Growlithe's body with its bulb, releasing a light-green glow. It soon was wrapped all around the Growlithe, as it cried in pain, with Vida regaining life-energy. "Now - Leaf Storm!" Emma then commanded. Vida then quickly released its bulb from the wild fire-type, releasing its barrage of leaves right towards it once again. This time it connected, as the Growlithe was sent upwards, right towards the ground. It laid there, struggling to get back up.

"Now!" Emma blurted, throwing what it seemed to be an empty pokeball from her handbag. It got in contact with the wild Growlithe, as it then opened up, releasing energy to contain the Growlithe within.

The pokeball then dropped to the ground.
It shook once.
Then twice.
Then a third time.

"Come on..." Emma could only hope, as she and Vida silently watched as the pokeball continued to shake. A few moments later, the pokeball stopped, followed up with a silent ding. The Growlithe has now been captured. Emma and Vida both looked upon one another, both excited. It was actually the first time Emma ever captured a wild pokemon, and for Vida, it meant having a new friend. She went on over, to pick up the pokeball containing her new capture. "I'll call you... Kaen, the Bolero of Fire! You'll do quite well along with Vida, the Minuet of Forest! declared Emma, while examining her pokeball.

Vida waltzed along after, hopping up to give Emma a hug. Emma caught her, giving one in return. Emma knew this was only the beginning. She and her pokemon must become stronger together.

New Capture!

growlithe.gif

Kaen, the Growlithe
"It has a brave and trustworthy nature. It fearlessly stands up to bigger and stronger foes."

Moves: Bite | Roar | Ember

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
4BFfcOj.png
Drew Tucker
chespin.gif

Curriculum Vitae
D?tourner Way - Riverside

BRIIING!!! BRING!!! BRING!!!

?Hi, this is Felicity Taylor. Sorry I?m not a-?

Rung out again. Drew slammed the phone into the phone jack. He pressed his arm and forehead into the wall. It was all over for him. He was a dead man walking. His best bet at this point was running away. He?d already left home, but Felicity was never going to accept him going off the radar like he did. She knew he was in Aquacorde when his phone broke, so ?I was phoneless in the forest wasn?t gonna fly?.

?Hey Floatzel, what would you do if Buizel disappeared wi-? Drew began as he stepped away from the phone. He stopped midway through as he noticed the sea weasel was fast asleep at her son?s bedside. ?I guess that?d never happen, huh?? He forced a chuckle. Any semblance of glee or enthusiasm was drowned in the resentment he had towards the topic.
Stepping out of the room for a moment, he noticed a familiar figure dawdling idly in the hall. ?Professor??

The flamboyant lab coat adorned man flicked his hair, turning away from the woman he was talking to. ?Ah, speak of the devil.? He smiled. He returned another a look to the woman. ?I think we?ve found him.?
Drew paused. If the professor was saying that, it was obvious just who he was talking to. The boy?s first instinct was to tuck tail and run, but a sharp pinch of is ear put an end to those thoughts. What was originally just a pinch, turned to a painful tug as Drew was pulled in.

?WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?? The familiar voice of Felicity thumped through Drew?s head like a drum.

---​

?So you actually saved the Buizel?? Felicity smiled, even going as far as blushing as she tried to keep the smile down. ?I have to say Drew, I?m impressed. This isn?t the same kid that I was pushing to stop slacking in the academy.? She grinned again, this time managing to be a little more subtle. It wasn?t just that though. She was pretty pissed that the kid had just fallen off the map and stumbled through a burning forest for that matter, but the fact that he was not only doing well, but putting in effort for others was music to her ears. He wasn?t her child, but it was just so nice to see the boy finally growing.

Sycamore couldn?t help but smirk. He too was proud, perhaps not of Drew in particular, but of himself. Drew was still young, but his development could be seen in the very moment, by the very second even. It was truly quite remarkable. That said, the boy still had a long way to go. The professor scanned Drew?s gear. Only one of his Pokeballs was used. His pokedex practically untouched. He?d progressed, but it was far from perfect. At least his Chespin seemed to be in good shape, but was that enough? ?So I take it you?ll be challenging Viola? I hope you?re well prepared Drew, the gym leaders are no push overs.? He crossed his arms, looking at Drew expectantly.

?I dunno, I guess we?ll just see when we get there. I?ll probably try to catch another Pok?mon so we can get the drop on her.? Drew shrugged, much to the dismay of the two adults. The two looked at each other, but said nothing.

---​

DING! DING! CRASH!!!

The Spearow came crashing out of the Pokeball and flew off in the direction of the ashy forest.
?Dammit.? Drew groaned, as yet another Pok?mon escaped his capture. He looked down at his bag. Only two more Pokeballs. He was gonna need to start making these things count. Pikachu, Yungoos, and now Spearow, all got away. Drew was getting sick of it.

The boy?s disturbance hadn?t gone unnoticed however. A lone Riolu stood atop the Santalune city gym, watching over Route 22. Like a flash, it disappeared from the roof and appeared before the trainer. He had been watching Drew for a while, and the young trainer was causing quite the fuss on his route. He?d deal with it.

Drew?s eyes widened. The pokemon before him was actually one he hadn?t seen. He flipped the pokedex open.

The mechanical voice echoed through the speaker. ?Riolu, The Emanation Pok?mon. It uses the shapes of auras, which change according to emotion, to communicate with others.?

Drew glanced between the Pok?mon before him and the display on the pokedex. This was exactly what he needed. He had to catch this. He grinned as Brycen stepped in front of him, sizing up the Riolu. ?Lets hit him with a Vine whip.?

On his trainer?s command, Brycen launched the vines out of his neck like a bullet, wrapping them around the Riolu. The duo watched in awe, as the wild pokemon barely flinched in response to the vines. Instead, he grabbed the vines and reeled Chespin in, delivering a right hook to the grass type?s face.

?Counter?? Drew groaned, recognising what he?d claimed as his finishing move in the academy. If this thing was going to one up him at his own game, things would start looking bleak very fast. After his battle with Tim, he wasn?t about to give up though. ?Brycen, get back up and hit him with Leech Seed!? This time, the move hit. Like parasites, the seeds latched on to their new host, sapping away at his strength.

With his replenished strength, Brycen was able to follow up with another vine whip attack. The second vine whip, slapped the fighting type, but quickly retracted to stop him grabbing them again. ?Pin, Ches.? Brycen growled, back at Drew expectantly. Despite the Leech Seed and the Vine Whip, the Riolu barely seemed hurt at all. In fact, it was still staring angrily at the duo, without so much as moving a muscle since he punched Brycen.

?Yeah, I know.? Drew scowled. How was he supposed to beat a Pokemon that seemed like it didn?t even care that he was attacking it. This Riolu was super strong. A lot stronger than most of the others they?d battled so far. He just had to catch it.

While the human was lost in thought, Riolu flashed toward the Chespin, striking him with his palm. He tumbled back, panting and heaving, but Riolu would not let these intruders off the hook. He charged in with another force palm attack, and it became clear that he would win this battle. Riolu stood tall, while Chespin struggled on the ground. He looked up at the trainer, issuing him one more opportunity to leave. Riolu accepted his refusal to leave as cue to knock out the Chespin. So he did just that.

---​

He was in the Pok?mon centre again. Drew had been a pokemon trainer for less than two days now, and it was already the most tedious thing he?d ever done. Maybe this was a little too much work.

Inventory
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
fRPSKey.gif
Avril Morris
Santalune City
Chapter 3-1 | A Dose Of Reality

Current Party:
nXF9y09.png
ZtLJfoT.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory:
pokeradar.png
- x1 Pok?dex
pokeball.png
- x3 Pok?balls
leafstone.png
- x1 Leaf Stone
PokeDollar.png
- 500 Pok? Dollars
pechaberry.png
- x3 Pecha Berries

"Here you go, Miss Morris. You're Pok?mon are fighting fit once again!"

Avril smiled at the nurse as she walked up to the counter, eager to collect her two Pok?mon now that they had had a proper healing courtesy of the Santalune City Pok?mon Center. While she had used her spare Potion to heal Shino up somewhat after his battle with the Wild Pansage and Pansear, Avril knew that both he and Anise could have used a bit of professional aid to truly get back up into top fighting form. Truth be told, Avril felt a built guilty over picking up the duo so late in the morning. The blonde teenager had for all intents and purposes planned to pick up her Pok?mon first thing that morning, but the events that transpired at Santalune Forest had left her a bit more tired than she had originally thought. Needless to say, she had only been up for roughly an hour at best.

After taking her two Pok?balls from the nurse, Avril thanked the woman and wasted no time in releasing Shino and Anise out into the open. Anise let out a loud, happy set of hoots as she fluttered her little wings up and down, while Shino gave a somewhat exaggerated stretch. The Froakie even went as far as to yawn while he did so. Avril grinned at the duo, kneeling down to their level so she could talk to the duo properly.

"I hope you two are feeling a lot better," Avril began, patting both the Hoothoot and Froakie on their heads. "Because we've got a lot to do here in Santalune City. There are sights to see and stores... Oh, and of course we're totally gonna be battling against Viola over at the gym! It's part of the reason I'm even on this journey, after all!"

Avril could feel her heart racing with excitement as she began to imagine her first real gym battle in her head. While she had battled wild Pok?mon and even participated in some mock trainer battles back during her academy days, the blonde just knew that neither one would actually match the thrills and chills of a real gym battle. After all, the gym leaders were supposed to be some of the best trainers that Kalos had to offer. She just knew that in a few moments she and her Pok?mon would be locked into a heated and intense battle!

"Alright then, let's get moving!" Avril determined, turning to begin leading her team towards the doors leading out of the Pok?mon Center. Unfortunately, the blonde girl did not get far before a rather loud, somewhat embarrassing gurgle could be heard rising from the pit of her stomach. The trainer almost tripped over her own foot at the sound and both of her Pok?mon turned to look at her rather curiously as well. A faint blush graced her cheeks as Avril slowly turned around to face the nurse one more time. "Um... Excuse me, but... Do you happen to know where I can grab something to eat...? It's been... a while since I've gotten to sink my teeth into anything..."

The nurse giggled at Avril's question, pointing the girl in the direction of the cafeteria so she and her two Pok?mon could grab a bite to eat. For Avril, this involved getting a delicious stack of pancakes with Oran Berry syrup and a nice, tall glass of orange juice. Meanwhile, she got a nice big bowl of Pok?mon food for Shino and Anise to enjoy. After getting their food, Avril and her Pok?mon took a seat at a nearby table. There was a television hanging on the wall that was playing the local news. Avril was never really much of a news person, but the trainer found herself rather interested in the story that happened to be playing this morning on the screen.

"As you can see, the damage from yesterday's fire was very expansive. While the blaze has managed to be contained, it is going to be quite sometime before Santalune Forest ever returns back to how we used to remember it. For PNN... This is Horace Chewrodenon. Stacie?"

"Thanks Horace... The results of yesterday's fire was not just limited to the landscape of the Santalune Forest. Several casualties were involved in the fire too, including many Pok?mon both wild and trained as well as a few trainers. Unfortunately, some of the Pok?mon that were recovered from the fire happened to belong to trainers who were unable to pull through the blaze. To make matters worse those Pok?mon seemed to be unable to be returned to the wild, mostly because of how long they had potentially been with their trainers or some of them even being hatched from an egg carried by one of the departed. Thankfully, that situation is being taken care of courtesy of the Santalune Pok?mon Center. We now go live to the center where field reporter Oswald Datendswald is stationed. Oswald...?"

Avril jumped slightly in her seat as the sound of the reporter named Oswalrd seemed to enter stereo mode. She quickly spun around in her seat to see the man in question standing fairly close to where she was seated with Shino and Anise. "Thank you, Stacie. I'm here at the Santalune Pok?mon Center, where the workers here have taken it upon themselves to try and take care of those poor Pok?mon who were unfortunately separated from their trainers as a result of yesterday's forest fire. Confused, scared, and unsure of what to do next, these poor creatures are in need of care and compassion now more than ever. While several of them have been adopted, many are still here... waiting and hoping that maybe some trainer out there will be kind enough to help them pick up the pieces and try to mover forward."

Avril remained silent, slowly turning away from the reporter and trying to focus instead on what remained of her breakfast. "That whole incident with those wild Pok?mon and Anise... I was so busy that I didn't even stop to think that there might have been a forest fire raging through that place... For all I know, that Pansage and the others might have just come from one of those parts of the forest caught in the fire... I wonder if they even made it out okay... Was there something else I could have done...?"

Avril glanced down for a moment, noticing both her Hoothoot and Froakie looking up at her with concern on their faces. The blonde girl tried her best to give them a small smile, patting both Pok?mon on their heads once more. "Sorry, guys... I guess I just got lost in my thoughts..." She paused, glancing over her shoulder at the adoption center. "Why don't you two finish up. I'm gonna... go look at something real quick, okay?"

Rising from her seat, Avril slowly made her way towards the adoption center. It really wasn't a full-blow center to be honest. It was more of a small booth of sorts. Some temporary fencing had been set up around the booth, which was housing the Pok?mon that were currently up for adoption. Two of the Pok?mon Avril noticed right away happened to look like some tiny ghost and a scappy looking, baby Pok?mon. However, the Pok?mon that Avril seemed to notice the most was a Pok?mon that resembled a donkey of sorts. It was currently laying curled up on the floor, its long and floppy ears drooped down by the sides of its head. The Pok?mon seemed to glance up in Avril's direction for a moment, before huffing loudly and quickly looking away. Curiously, Avril grabbed hold of her trusty Pok?dex from her bag and gave the creature a quick scan.

250px-749Mudbray.png

Mudbray, the Donkey Pok?mon. It has a stubborn, individualistic disposition. Eating dirt, making mud, and playing in the mire all form part of its daily routine.

"Mudbray, huh...?" Avril mused. "Can't say I've ever seen this Pok?mon before."

"He's a rarity in these parts, yeah," a voice responded, quickly gaining Avril's attention. The blonde teenager spun around to see an older woman in a pair of blue denim jeans and a green t-shirt standing behind her. Her long, black hair was pulled back into a very tight ponytail. "This Mudbray was brought in as one of the first Pok?mon put up for adoption. He was lucky enough to be brought in with all the members of his team. It's been very rare for a whole team to be brought in, you know. As it stands, he's the only one left that hasn't been adopted yet."

"Then why's he still here?" Avril questioned. "If seeing a Mudbray here is as rare as you say, you'd think someone would have snatched the little guy up, right?"

The woman sighed. "I wish that were true. The thing is the poor guy's really got kind of a... less than desirable attitude. I suppose he can't be blamed, given all that's happened to him. But first impressions are always the longest lasting feature, you know? So in a sense, I guess it's not that hard to believe that he's still here."

Avril frowned as she glanced back at the Mudbray. "Why in the world would people be so shallow with this poor thing. All he needs is a good home and someone to take care of him..."

"I think... I might be able to help you out here," Avril decided, turning to face the woman with a smile...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shino and Anise had just finished eating their meal when after some time, Avril finally returned to the table. A broad smile was on her lips as she walked towards her Hoothoot and Froakie and both of her hands were placed behind her back as well. Both of the Pok?mon glanced at each other curiously, before turning their full attention to their trainer. Avril beamed as she suddenly brought her hands forward, presenting a Pok?ball resting in her grasp.

"Good news, guys. It seems like our little family is getting a bit bigger before we head off to the gym!" Avril announced. She tossed the ball into the air, causing it to release a beam of red light that eventually took on the shape of Mudbray. "Guys, I'd like you to meet our new teammate, Benjamin! Benjamin, this is Shino and Anise! Say hi, guys!"

Shino nervously raised a small hand and tried to wave at the Mudbray. Meanwhile, Anise greeted him in a much more forward manner, hooting loudly and smiling at Benjamin. The donkey Pok?mon did not seem too impressed with either one of Avril's other Pok?mon, though. Benjamin merely snorted in response, quickly brushing past Shino and Anise without so much as a look back at the duo. The Hoothoot and Froakie looked at the Mudbray as he trudged past them, before glancing back in Avril's direction.

"He's um... you know, just a bit shy! That's all. You know... Kinda like you, Shino," Avril reasoned. Shino himself didn't seem to sold on Avril's reasoning, but the little frog Pok?mon decided to let it go for the time being. "Look, he'll loosen up in no time! I promise!"

Avril smiled and gestured for Anise and Shino to follow her as she chased after Benjamin. The trainer knew that the Mudbray was going to fit in on her team without any problems. Yes, this was definitely going to be the start of an awesome day...

YpRr6xs.png

Benjamin The Mudbray
Male/Naughty/Strongly Defiant
Mud-Slap, Mud Sport, Rototiller, Bulldoze

Last edited:

jombii

Years

latest

Coul Remson​

sandile.gif
meowth.gif
houndour.gif
After three shakes, the Pokeball stopped with a slight ding. As if clockwork, Sandy bit down on the Pokeball again. ?Sandy! No!? Coul screamed as it tried to grab the ball before Sandy even managed to put it in his mouth. However, against all possible, reasons, the Ground-type was very much quicker than its trainer. ?You need to stop doing this, Sandy.? Coul groaned as it tried to pry open the Sandile?s jaws to free the Pokeball but the bite seemed to be strong enough. Sandy gave no sign of budging either, as its black eyes stared listlessly into the void. If someone else is watching the two of them, it might have been comedic, with Coul just trying to open his Pokemon?s mouth while the Sandile just flailed around.

It was only when Sandy decided that the ball was not really tasty enough did it release it. Coul wiped the saliva from the ball on his shirt then promptly stashed it in one of his pockets. ?Why are you even doing that, Sandy?? The Sandile just growled in response. ?Come on, we need to proceed to Santalune City. I don?t want to spend the night in a burning forest.?

The two of them took a path, avoiding the general section of the forest. While the fire had died down, there was still a bunch of Rangers and trainers around, trying to get a sense of the situation. Coul was itching to see what he would find but, for the moment, he was tired as hell and is wanting to go to sleep. Besides, I got a Houndour and I am pretty sure that is not a native. I can do some study on that. Coul thought as they were walking. It was obvious that Sandy was fatigued from all the battling and walking he did during the day so Coul called him back in his Pokeball. He can make better time if he?s walking alone and not always waiting for his Pokemon to catch up.

Coul finally reached Ouvert Way, the small path connecting Santalune Forest to the city. It was nearing night time, so he decided to opt out of any studying for the moment and proceeded to close the little distance to the Pokemon Center. A cheery Nurse Joy greeted him as he arrived. From her, he heard that a bunch of people released a bunch of wild Pokemon in the forest which caused the forest fire. Tjhat explained my Houndour. He gave Nurse Joy a weak smile and mentioned that he in fact did see a Houndour and managed to caught one. Nurse Joy congratulated him on the capture and mentioned that it will help a lot against the gym leader.

?Well, I?m not sure if I?m going to take on the circuit. I?m just here to travel the region, you know.? Coul said as he laid his Pokemon?s Pokeballs one by one in front of Nurse Joy.

?There?s no harm in trying really. Viola welcomes beginner trainers in her gym,? Nurse Joy said as she hit up the healing program for Coul?s Pokemon. ?Besides, with this Houndour, you?ve got the type advantage already.? She handed his Pokeballs back.

?Well, thank you. I?ll think about that.? Nurse Joy smiled and gave him a key to a room.

?Take the stairs. It?s the first room to your right.? Coul mouthed a silent thank you and went up, excited to lay his back down on a comfy bed. The room was small, but it was good enough for Coul. The bed was soft which everything Coul was asking for was. He was already asleep within seconds.

Inventory
1x Pokedex
3x Pokeballs
2x Potions
500 Pokedollars
2x Old Rod
1x Bug Net

Jay

Years
Jackson_Crane.png

Current Team:
gastly.gif
teddiursa.gif
houndour.gif

The First Step - Part 1
Current Location : Santalune City - Santalune City Gym

Jackson walked down the dark green hallways leading up to the battlefield. His heart was pumping with anticipation. Gaspar peered eagerly out from his shadow as he stood hesitantly in front of that final door. Teddy sat and bit his lip gently and fang stood resolute by his trainers legs. This was it, the first step to the Kalos league, the final test to tell the rookie trainer apart from the pok?mon league hopeful. He was doing this for Mal, he was doing this for himself... and... he looked at the three small creatures standing firm by his side.

He had never pictured himself as much of a trainer, he wasn't a battler of champion hopeful a few years ago, he was only some roughneck delinquent. They had changed that.

So he was doing it for them too, he was doing it for his pok?mon.

The floodlights blared to life and almost blinded Jackson as he stepped through the entrance. The arena was formed of moss and rock on both sides of a large rectangular pit. There was a single walkway stretching around the edges of the arena connecting the front and back. Over the pit itself Jackson watched a large number of giant, red, spider like pok?mon suspect huge rocks by pathways of web, creating a scattered arena over the empty pit, with many places to fall between. Thanks to the lighting Jackson could barely make out what looked like a cushioned floor at the bottom, and an open door leading to the outside.

As the platforms were suspended the spider pok?mon, which the pok?dex identified as Ariados, scurried back into the holes in the walls and peered out with beady eyes that glowed in the darkness. His attention shifted suddenly as a voice called from the other side of the room. Standing on the opposing platform in a wooden pagoda, surrounded by flowers, a woman with a bob of blonde hair and a camera around her neck called out to him, while she gripped the two pok?balls at her belt.

"Challenger! Hey!" She cried. "Welcome to the Santalune City Gym! I'm the leader here, Viola!" Jackson furrowed his brow as he examined the woman from afar, her features were confident and she was slightly older than him, but honestly not by as much as he had expected. She looked to be in her mid to late twenties. There was something in her eyes though, a determination and drive that Jackson couldn't quite identify. Was this the demeanor of a gym leader?

"Okay!" She pulled her pok?balls free and pointed to Jackson with an outstretched hand. "If you'd challenge me and take my bug badge for yourself... then state your name aloud!" Jackson growled low under his breath and Fang followed suit, neither of them liked her overly cheery attitude. "I'm Jackson, Jackson Crane!" He shouted his response, trying to sound as confident as he could. Viola grinned in response.

"Jackson Crane... I like it! Well then, Jackson Crane... I Viola, Gym Leader of Santalune City, accept your challenge! This will be a simple knockout battle, my pok?mon against yours until the last mon standing takes the prize, understood?" Jackson sneered. "Yeah, I got it, let's go!"

The two locked their gazes and a spark shot between them. Their voices rang out in unison.

"Battle!"

"I choose you! Ninjask!" - "Gaspar! Get out there!​

Gaspar dashed out of Jackson's shadow with a sadistic glee, his tongue lolling behind him as he idly floated above the hanging rocks. In response, bursting forth in deep blue light from Viola's net ball, a small bug pok?mon that darted faster than any pok?mon Jackson had seen before took to the battlefield to stand against him and his partner. So this was Ninjask.

"Gaspar, waste no time and hit it with lick!" In response to Jackson's command Gaspar dashed forward, swinging in a circle and attempting to strike Ninjask down with his tongue... but in a flash the small bug type was gone, rushing underneath the attack and zipping into view behind the ball of gas. "Brute force won't get you anywhere here, Ninjask! Use Swords Dance while you have the chance!" Before Jackson could get even a single hit off the Ninjask crossed its mandibles together and rose them skyward, causing them to flash with an otherworldly sheen, boosting their power for the next attack.

"Gaspar don't let them keep that up, use Spite!" Jackson sneered, this was a common tactic at the trainer school, setting up the same attack over and over. He wasn't going to let it happen here. Gaspar grinned widely and let his tongue flail about like a windmill as his eyes flashed yellow and his body spun in place. Jackson could see the Ninjask shudder, it had worked!

"Double Team, Ninjask!" Viola cried out and the pok?mon responded, it continued to shudder in place... until Jackson realized it wasn't shuddering, it was vibrating this had been their plan all along. As the pok?mon began to vibrate at the right speed it dashed ridiculously quick across the arena, creating multiple clones of itself, after images indistinguishable from the original. Jackson started to sweat, this wasn't good.

"Graah just... Gaspar! Keep attacking with Lick until the real one emerges!" With a maniacal cackle, Gaspar flailed around the arena, smacking each image with his tongue, causing them to vanish one by one. Viola watched with a calm confidence until her chance arose. "Now! Fury Cutter!" Jackson winced as from the shadows, away from the rest of the clones, Ninjask jumped out and slashed a claw through Gaspar, the boosted attack causing him to spiral to the ground in pain. Damn, he was almost out for the count.

"Your Gastly is finished... Ninjask, again!" Viola cried, pointing a finger skyward with a confident smile, Jackson had to do something, he had to put this Ninjask out of commission somehow or this was already over. "Gaspar... you know what to do! Use Curse!" Viola's stance visibly shifted in shock as Gaspar let out a sadistic ghostly wail, materializing the spectral nail above his own form and driving it inwards, knocking himself out... but transferring that same nail into Ninjask, causing the bug to flutter about wildly in pain as the nail drove into its psyche.

Jackson quickly pulled Gaspar back into his pok?ball. "Alrigh' Ted, you're up!" Teddy took a moment to process what had just beed said to him before panicking. "U-Ursaa?!" But it was too late, Jackson was picking him up and with an allee-oop he was tossed onto a large stone platform nearby.

The now enraged Ninjask turned its gaze to Teddy and took the opportunity to charge, the small bear's eyes widened and he let out a cry of desperation as he dashed away scared. "Uuuurssaaaaaaaa!!!" Jackson's jaw dropped in shock and upset. "No, Teddy! THe enemy is there! Not here! Go scratch him!"

Viola cringed and sighed a little before flippantly giving her next command. "Ninjask... Fury Cutter again please." With a swift buzz the Ninjask dashed forward, slicing with a sharpened mandible and easily cutting the scared little bear. The power of swords dance and the increased potency of the move being used twice in a row against a pok?mon as weak as the little Teddiursa made it a swift KO as Teddy flopped face first onto the stone below. The Ninjask took a moment to beam with pride, but was quickly stopped as it howled in pain, the nail driving deeper into its form.

"Ted!" Jackson cried out, quickly returning the small bear and growling in Viola's direction. "Alright, time for the big guns..." He looked down at Fang and returned the hound's eager grin. "Ready to fry some roaches?" Jackson got all the response he needed as his new pok?mon leaped angrily onto the largest stone platform available to him.

Viola frowned at the sight of the fire type, but wouldn't let her resolve be shaken. That dark typing was still a weakness, one she could exploit. "Don't let him get off the attack Ninjask, use Fury Cutter once again!" The Ninjask charged in prepared to strike, but this time Jackson was ready.

"Use Sucker Punch, now!" Viola winced and Jackson clenched a fist in satisfaction as Fang rolled out of the way and formed a fist of dark energy around his paw. With a howl of victory he charged in and slammed it into the opponent mid attack, sending the bug type sprawling barely conscious across the stone surface.

"Time to finish this one off, Fang! Burn it with ember!"

"Ninjask now! Baton Pass!"

Jackson froze at Viola's command. Baton pass, what the hell did... Viola held out both of her pok?balls and began to return ninjask mid-attack. The small bug began to glow with a white energy before zipping back in an energy state. Its pok?ball began to glow that same brilliant white, but only for a brief moment as that same energy ran along her arms and infused itself into the ball in her other hand! What the hell had the Ninjask done?!

"Now, Surskit! Finish this off with your borrowed strength!" A tiny blue bug type emerged from the ball, it looked so small and yet, its arms were glowing with the same strength as the swords dance from before, its movements were swift and incredibly fast, just as the Ninjask's had been. Arceus be damned, had it taken the others strength before it could fall unconscious? "Surskit now! Aqua Jet!" Jackson paled, wasn't that a water type move?!

"Fang quickly you've got to-" But it was too late. The super effective water type attack slammed into Fang's side, boosted by the power of the Ninjask's swords dance there was no way his new capture could survive. Sprawling across the platform Fang tried to stand up but he couldn't, succumbing to the attack, he fell unconscious as had his team mates.

That was it. It was over.

Jackson had lost.

Jackson stood there, dumbfounded. He had more pok?mon, he had a fire type in a bug type gym. How had he lost? He had to win! The whole point of all of this was that he had to win! He stared blankly at the rock platforms as he returned Fang to his pok?ball. The events of the battle repeating over and over in his mind. Where did it go wrong? How could he fix this? What could he do differently?

"Mr. Crane." He snapped to attention at the sound of Viola's voice. His gaze narrowing at her features with subtle disdain.

"I'm sorry but you're never going to get anywhere battling like that."

His features twisted with rage at those words, he held himself back on principle alone as he glared at the woman standing before him, spitting out his response between the grinding of his teeth. "What did you say to me?" She frowned at his tone and shook her head.

"It's clear to me you came in here without a plan, you thought you could beat me with tactics you're clearly pretty used to. All I had to do was adapt and it was over." His eyes almost popped out of his head along with the bulging vein on his forehead. "Pok?mon battles aren't about brute force and hitting hard. They're about adaptability, quick thinking and clever tactics. If you can't provide those... and I'm sorry for being harsh but think of it as tough love... then you'll never get any badge, let alone mine."

He was humiliated. He glared, long and hard at Viola, two pok?balls on his belt and Fang's clutched tightly in his hand. He'd give her a piece of his mind, he'd put this bitch in her damn place, who the hell was she to talk to him like that?! Who the fuck did she think she was?!

He bit his tongue and turned around. He heard her say something about his challenge being welcomed again at any time, but he honestly wasn't listening to her, not anymore. Had he held back because he didn't want trouble? Because he'd prove her wrong later?... because he agreed with what she said?

He growled and kicked the door open as he exited the gym, causing a few pedestrians to jump in surprise. If he couldn't beat the first gym... the FIRST gym... how was he going to support Malorie? How was he going to do ANYTHING? He had spent years learning this, it was all he knew now. He didn't have any other education, any other skills. He stared at the ground and grit his teeth tighter, grinding them together in frustration as he marched towards the pok?mon center.

He needed to just... He needed to clear his head.

Spoiler:

Gengar_footer.png

Years

1YR8dcN.png

Spr_3r_304.png

INVENTORY
Spoiler:

Waking up in the morning was the worst. If Newt thought that would change now that he was a Pokemon Trainer, he was wrong. He woke up in a Pokemon Center, in the tiny room that trainers could rent, and immediately hated it. He got ready to depart, bleary eyed and still half asleep, trying to remember what he was forgetting. He remembered what it was only after tripping over it: Agro. The little Aron was asleep on the floor, and Newt accidentally kicked him as he went to the door. It hurt. A lot.

Newt cried out in pain and anger, tumbling into the hall. "Grr... Why would you lay on the floor?! Come on, let's get out of here! Stupid Pokemon Center..."

Newt headed into the town, intent on challenging the Gym, but it seemed to be closed. Apparently, the Leader would be back later, so he had some time to kill. The best thing he could do now was go get breakfast, so he made that his top priority, stopping at a little cafe. The place was surprisingly crowded for this time of day, so Newt ended up at a tiny table surrounded by gossiping couples.

Breakfast itself was alright, he supposed. Kalos prided itself on its cuisine, but their coffee was terrible. Of course, Newt thought all coffee was terrible, but you can't go to a cafe and not order coffee. It was like... a rule, or something. So he sat there miserably, grimacing as he drank his foul drink and glowered at the people around him. Apparently, the talk of the town was an old lumber mill on the outskirts of town. It was supposedly haunted, reclaimed by the forest, but there was supposed to be valuable treasure waiting to be found.

That was intriguing. Newt wasn't afraid of no ghost. Everybody knew that ghosts didn't exist, only Ghost type Pokemon. And they tended to be harmless most of the time. He threw the rest of his coffee into the trash (or at the trash can, he wasn't sure if it went in, but he heard it hit something), refused to leave a tip, and took off back toward the forest. If nothing else, Agro could get some training in.

??Later...??​

This route was lousy for training. Newt had been here for an hour, looking for the old lumber mill, and had fought nothing but Rattata and the occasional Sentret. He felt happy to help deal with the town's rodent infestation, but he was no closer to getting that treasure. He was eventually forced to do the unthinkable and ask for directions, taking a serious blow to his pride. He followed the directions he had been given, finding himself at an abandoned logging plant. He wasn't sure what he expected to be here, but this was the obvious answer.

The mill had been abandoned for years, and trees and vines and things were growing all over the place. It was poetic, in a way, that a place that used to cut up trees would become overrun with them. But Newt wasn't here for poetry, he was here for power. And apparently to fight small mammals.

Speaking of which, a small green rabbit or something stepped out from an old log as Newt approached. She didn't look very threatening, but Newt scanned her with his Pokedex anyway. "Nidoran, huh? Well, you should have Nido-ran away from this fight! Ha, get it, Agro?" Newt turned to look at Agro, who was busy chewing on an old sawblade. Nido-ram didn't look impressed either.

"Shut up, it was funny! Agro, get in there and Tackle her." Agro dropped the rest of his snack, lazily charging at Nidoran. She met him halfway, kicking him twice in the head before he hit her, knocking her away. Agro shook his head to clear it, dazed from the impact. "What?!" Newt yelled, surprised. "She knows Fighting moves? That's way cooler than the other things out here! Step it up to Headbutt!"

Nidoran Growled at Agro, warning him not to come closer, but he only paused a moment before slamming his head against hers. Furious, she kicked him twice again, so he charged in and Tackled her. "Good job! Time to catch her!" He threw his Pokeball at her, hitting her in the back and absorbing her inside. He immediately dove forward, grabbing the ball and gripping it tightly. "Stay in there! Don't you break out on me! You're mine!" The ball clicked shut, and Nidoran was caught.

"Yes! I caught a Pokemon! I'm gonna call her Rey!"

jombii

Years

latest

Coul Remson​

sandile.gif
meowth.gif
houndour.gif
Coul awoke to the sound of a trainer?s voice. He looked at the watch he wore and saw that it was still in the middle of the night, a quarter before twelve midnight. He also discovered that in his haste to sleep, he never got out of his travel clothes. Even his socks were still on. Coul could smell a faint burnt odor wafting inside his room. He heard the voice again.

?We can?t win with this, we need to get stronger.? Coul went to the window of his room and peeked through the blinds. The moon was shining outside but its light was not enough to illuminate the whole courtyard. Coul could only see the silhouette of another trainer with a small Pokemon outside. They were trying to be silent but, being in the room closest to them, Coul could hear their exchange. He though he couldn?t sleep with them making noise outside his room, so he decided to take a bath.

He stripped off from his traveling clothes and went into the shower. It was a good thing that Pokemon Centers provided complimentary soaps and towels. Coul rinsed himself as best as he could and, once he was done, he put on a more comfortable clothing. He then remembered Catherine, his Meowth, and how her fur is dirty in all the places. He decided to give it a bath too. He got his Pokeball out and called her in a flash of light. The Meowth appeared, on its two hind legs, purring.

?Come, Catherine. I?ll have to clean you up. We can?t have you travelling around dirty,? Coul turned his back to Catherin to start the shower running. He thought that the Meowth would follow him but, as he turned around, he was surprised to see that the Meowth was still by the door of the shower. ?Come on.?

Catherine purred and took a step back. Coul stood up and placed his hands on the Meowth and tried to carry it towards the shower but it resisted. It hissed and tried to send a scratch towards its trainer. ?It?s just a bath!? Catherine just kept hissing and scratching, keeping Coul a safe distance from him. He got the message. He got a Ground-type and a Fire-type Pokemon, and a normal-type who dislikes water. Coul shook his head and called Catherine back. He decided to go down and see if he could grab a cup of coffee.

Nurse Joy was still in the desk for trainers who come in the middle of the night. Coul was not sure if she was still the same Nurse Joy as when he came inside. It didn?t matter to him.

?Nurse Joy, where can I get coffee around here?? he asked.

?Well, there?s a caf? outside the Center but I?m not sure if it?s open this time of the night. We do have a vending machine over there,? Nurse Joy pointed to the far side of the center. ?It?s the cheap kind so I?m not sure if that is what you prefer.? Coul thanked Nurse Joy and proceeded to the vending machine.

The coffee costs only 10 Pokedollars. He got spare change from his wallet and inserted the coins one by one into the machine. He heard it clicking and clacking inside, sorting itself mechanically. He pushed the button for the cold coffee and waited as the cup filled with ice and liquid. It beeped, signaling that the transaction was finished and ready for the next transaction. Coul got the cup and took a sip. It was not delicious but it certainly smelled great.

There was no one in the lobby of the Pokemon Center as it was the middle of the night so Coul could clearly hear the shouts of the trainer he heard a while ago outside the Pokemon Center. He went up to Nurse Joy again.

?Nurse Joy, what?s he doing??

?Ah, that?s Sam. He?s a local and he?s been training hard to battle Viola or the other kids at the academy but he is not getting any stronger.? Nurse Joy said. ?I?ve healed that Zigzagoon of his far too many times already. I hope he gets to move on from this town already.? Nurse Joy said, forlornly.

Coul thought for a minute. At least the kid had grit to stick to his aspirations. Coul thanked Nurse Joy again and went out the Center. It was cold, but it wasn?t windy which was nice. The trainer, Joey, didn?t notice Coul approaching.

?Hey! I heard you need help of some sort.? Coul said as he approached, hoping that the trainer, Sam, is eager to accept help.

Inventory
1x Pokedex
3x Pokeballs
2x Potions
490 Pokedollars
2x Old Rod
1x Bug Net

Last edited:

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

wDt1zaS.png

-- Profile --
Name: Chris Rodriguez

Pok?mon :
honedge.gif

Inventory:
pokeradar.png
- 1 Pok?dex
PokeDollar.png
- 500 Pok?
potion.png
- 2 Potions
pokeball.png
- 5 Pok? Balls
dawnstone.png
- 1x Dawn Stone

~
?So much for a peaceful walk through the forest!? Chris coughed as he sprinted through the blazing forrest.

CRAAAAA-CK!
A large tree exploded as the heat caused the sap inside to expand and the remains of the trunk began to tumble down towards him.

THWANG!

A blur of silver flashed before him as Chris watched the falling tree get shredded as the spirit within the blade chopped it into bits.

?Great job Whisper!? The young trainer cheered as he jumped through the ruined remnants of the tree that clattered to the ground before him.

Chris hadn?t really been paying attention to how long he?d been wandering through the forest. He?d stopped to admire interesting looking plants and Pok?mon several times, so perhaps at least a few hours? Everything had been going well at least? until the fire Pok?mon attacked.

?Mierda santa? why are there even so many fire type Pok?mon? Don?t the normally live to geographically warm places like? Lentimas town!? Chris complained as he heard the howl of a houndoom break the roaring of the flames.

?Hold on Pineco!? A voice yelled over the flames.

?Is somebody there?? Chris shouted in response, looking around desperately as he stopped running.

?A-aah!? A young soot stained young boy with slicked back brown hair and a dirty black and red Kalosian Ranger uniform.

?Hola hombre, what are you doing out here. It isn?t safe!? Chris called, placing a hand on the boy?s shoulder and peeking past.

A leaf covered monkey was currently trying desperately to lift a large log that was blocking the entrance into a, now blazing, forest glade. However, the log looked far too heavy for the Pok?mon on a good day, yet alone with the Pok?mon having to drop it every few seconds in order to avoid burning itself.

?Pansage; the grass monkey Pok?mon. It shares the leaf on its head with weary-looking Pok?mon. These leaves are known to relieve stress.? The Pokedex chirped.

?Oh good, a trainer? There is a Pineco trapped in this Grotto? problem is, my Pansage isn?t doing so hot in the fire. Or he is? rather? sorry! Bad time for puns.? The kid rambled as he watched his green monkey Pok?mon try and vine whip a log out of the way, but was too injured by the flames to get very far.

The explosive sounds of a superheated tree erupted from somewhere behind them as the two trainers and their Pok?mon were showered in embers.
?We need to hurry! I don?t know how much longer I can take this smoke.? The ranger boy called out.

?Convenido, but what can we do?? Chris responded as he coughed, his head growing a bit light from all the smoke.

CLANG!

Upon hearing the sound of the sword Pok?mon, Chris and the ranger turned to look at the cursed blade as it repeatedly began hacking itself into the fallen log before them.

?Whisper no! You?re not well suited for the heat either!? Chris called, trying to call the Pok?mon back but to no avail.

Cl-ang! A pained ring echoed from the blade as it hacked at the log once more.

Seeing the sword so valiantly sacrificing itself, the little green grass monkey gulped, and sending forth vines from its hands.

?Pin?? A weak Pok?mon called from beyond the flames.

A loud crack erupted through the air as a huge chunk of flaming wood was sent spiraling through the air as Pansage and Honedge worked together to remove the blockage from the pathway that had been keeping the Pineco held hostage.

?Grrr?? A voice echoed from beyond the flames.

?Pineco, come on!? The ranger shouted to the silhouette of a ball shaped Pok?mon in the middle of the clearing.

?Houndour.? A second voice echoed as two quadrupedal shapes leaped through the flames and landed in the clearing before the weakened and burned Pok?mon and their trainers.

?Gah! You aren?t from around here!? The ranger yelped, his pansage leaping into his arms.

Upon detecting the new Pok?mon, Chris? Pokedex began to buzz and whir on its own.

?Houndour; the Dark Pok?mon. It conveys its feelings using different cries to communicate with its pack to cleverly take down prey.?

?Growlithe; The puppy Pok?mon. It's both clever and loyal, but if a stranger tries to invade its territory, it barks threateningly.?

?Not now Pokedex.? Chris muttered as he and the trainer slowly tried backing away from the hostile dog Pok?mon. However, both seemed to smirk as they opened their mouths and let several hot embers rain down upon the trainers.

Chris shielded himself with his arm as he felt the hot cinders burn through his coat and into his skin.

?Whisper? Fury cutter on the Houndour!? Chris screamed over the roaring flames.

TWING!
The sword Pok?mon swung forward, bashing into the skull on the top of the black dog Pok?mon.

?Its not very effective! Fury cutter is a bug type move, which is resisted by Fire type Pok?mon! Even if the resistance is negated by Houndour?s dark dual typing-? The Pokemon ranger tried to explain before being attacked by another onslaught of flaming cinders.

?PINECO!? A loud shout erupted from the clearing behind the dog type Pok?mon who turned to look at each other confusedly.

Suddenly a stream of sand shot up through the clearing and began raining down on the dogs, trapping them in a temporary ?sand tomb? of sorts.

?A-alright!? The ranger cheered.

?Pineco!? The pine cone Pok?mon seemingly responded before hopping away into the burning forest on its own.

?Are we just going to let it go by itself?? Chris asked as he watched the Pok?mon depart.

?We saved him from being trapped in the clearing, it?s up to him to make it out of the forest now. For now, though, we should book it before these two break free!? The Pok?mon ranger responded.

?Sounds like a g-? Chris began before he fell face first into the ground after being hit from behind by a stream of solid flame from within the sand tomb.

?Wah! Are you alright?!? The ranger screamed as he desperately tried to pat out the flames from the boy whom had collapsed to the ground before him.

CLANG?! The sword Pok?mon responded angrily facing towards the sand mound.

?Ugh?? Chris moaned as his head throbbed and he began to close his eyes.

?SMOKE BALL!? The ranger shouted.

~Later in Santalune City~​
?I?m fine! I?m okay Francis I promise!? Chris complained, his face half covered by bandages still.

?You suffered severe burns to MOST of your body! You?re not fine!? The Pok?mon Ranger complained as he helped his Pansage make a pot of tea from the leaves on its head.

?I lived next to a volcano, I?ve suffered burns before.? Chris complained as he sat and stared out the window of the Pok?mon center where they?d been holed up for several hours.

?Look, I just? you really scared me back there.? Francis sighed with a frown.

?Sorry? But I really do think I?ll be fine.? Chris said with a smile, although a quick one as his face hurt too much from landing in the dirt. ?Thanks for the coat by the way? mine was a little??

?Fucked?? Francis chuckled. ?No problem. I?ve got like six at home.?

?Mmm? my Abuela?s going to be pissed that I ruined my clothes. She made some of them herself.?

?Haha, ouch. At least it was for a worthy cause. Speaking of, I wonder how Pineco is doing.? The ranger chuckled as he sipped his tea and nursed his own minor burns.

?Hello boys! I hope you and your Pok?mon are recovering well!? A pink haired woman said cheerily as she stepped up to their table.

?Yes nurse Joy!? Both boys responded with smiles.

?Wonderful! Say, would either of you be interested in adopting a Pok?mon that needs a new home? After the fire, many Pok?mon were separated from their trainers. We?ve tried to get as many back to their proper places as possible but?? The woman?s face grew dark as she paused.

?Chris, you should adopt one! It?ll be good to have some backup on your team. Whisper is strong and all, but you?ve gotta have a backup. What if you get ambushed again?? Francis said.

?You think so? Hm? Maybe I could meet some of them?? Chris said turning to the Nurse at their table.

?Oh absolutely! Come with me!? She responded happily.

jombii

Years

latest

Youngster Sam​

zigzagoon.gif
Sam whipped his head around, surprised to hear another voice at this ungodly hour. A teenager, a few years older than him, was approaching him. He was wearing comfortable pajamas and was certainly dressed to sleep. Sam could see him slightly shivering in the cold night, but a smile seemed to be permanently plastered to his face. His wild, blue hair is also swaying in the wind.

?Uhm, hi. I?m not sure what you meant by help?? Joey said. His Zigzagoon scurried behind him, wary of the stranger suddenly appearing with them. The other trainer shrugged his shoulders.

?Well, Nurse Joy told me you were trying out for the gym battle and not succeeding. Is that a problem?? the trainer asked. ?The name?s Coul by the way.? He extended out a hand. Sam took it and shook it. ?It?s Sam, right?? Sam only nodded. ?Now, I?m not really much of a battler myself but I think I can give you a few tips or something.?

?Well, I don?t really care much for the Gym Leader. I know I?m way too young to be battling her even. It?s this bully at school, goes by the name of Joey,? Sam explained. ?He goes around telling everybody his Rattata is top-percentage and battling the other kids. He generally wins, you know.? Coul was nodding his head. ?It?s just disheartening to see every one of my classmates, including me, to lose to Joey. So I?m training real hard to defeat him.?

?Well, is he using other Pokemon aside from his Rattata?? Sam shook his head. ?Maybe, that?s the key. Zigzagoon is a good Pokemon, all around. It has a great ability in Pickup and certainly learns a lot of moves.? Coul squat down to see Zigzagoon in eye level. The Pokemon became more curious than afraid and started sniffing around Coul. ?But it doesn?t pack a lot of firepower in there. Catching a new Pokemon, might help with that.? Coul smiled. ?I can help you with that if you want me to.? Sam beamed up.

?If it?s okay, I would accept that. I?m not really the world?s greatest catcher so any assistance will do,? Sam said which Coul responded with a smile.

?The thing is I?ve got no Pokemon with me as I left them all upstairs. You have to do the fights all by yourself. I?m just going to coach you.? Sam nodded. ?Well then, since Rattata is a Normal-type. We need to find you a Fighting-type. East of here, in Detourner Way, there?s a chance of finding a Riolu or a Mienfoo. I think that will do the trick.? Coul led the way towards Route 22. From what Sam could deduce, Coul is a talker.

?It has fascinated me to know why Riolu could possibly flock towards this Route. They usually live in isolation and meditation to enhance their aural powers but Santalune City isn?t really the first place you?ll think of when you hear silence. Too much activity around by beginning trainers like me and you,? Coul started. ?Well, I have a theory that it flocks to the area because of its proximity to Victory Road, and thus the league. You know Riolu and Lucario are attracted to people with strong aura, so I guess strong trainers and Pokemon attracts them too. It?s just that I need to see if there?s also Riolu on the other side..? Coul was cut off by Sam?s excitedness.

?Speaking of which, look!? Sam pointed. In the grass nearest to the city, a lone Riolu was sitting cross-legged. Its eyes were close but its breathing was ragged, signifying that it was indeed awake. Zigzagoon made a small sound, scurrying beside his trainer.

Riolu, however, was hypersensitive and heard even that sound. It opened its eyes and cried out. ?Ri!? Coul nudged Sam forward. It?s a battle. he mouthed. Sam moved forward and called out his Zigzagoon. He ordered the Zigzagoon to use Quick Attack, but the Riolu mirrored the move. What happened next was a flurry of Quick Attacks.

?You have to weaken the enemy first before chucking your Pokeball!? Coul shouted behind Sam. The youngster nodded. He ordered Zigzagoon to take a step back and use a Tail Whip. It slammed into the Riolu, dealing minor damage. The Riolu used Endure but Zigzagoon was quicker and issued a counter-Quick Attack. Riolu reeled from the damage but sent out a Counter towards the Zigzagoon. Both combatants now were fighting hard, and it was clear that any attack could topple either of them.

?Now?s the time to chuck the ball,? Coul whispered. Sam took out a Pokeball and threw it towards the Riolu. In three flashes, the Pokemon was caught. Sam cheered and got the Pokeball, before hugging his Zigzagoon. ?We did it! Thank you Zig!? Coul smiled at the exchange.

?Well, then, come on. Let?s get back to the center and get that Pokemon healed up. Tomorrow, I want you to go out there and show this Joey kid who is the boss.? Coul said as he accompanied Sam back to the Pokemon Center.

----

?Hey!? Sam whipped around and, sure enough, saw Joey standing there with his smug face and Rattata. ?I?ve got a top-percentage Rattata with me. Why aren?t you moving out of the way??

?Because, I still go to school here,? Sam simply answered. Deep inside, he wanted to trigger Joey already but he knew he could not risk starting a battle. Of all things, he wouldn?t like to be reprimanded.

?I?m strong. I get final say here,? Joey said. His eyes lit up. ?I?ll prove it in a battle. Rattata, go!? Sam groaned but he was ecstatic deep inside.

?Raymond!? The Riolu appeared in a flash of light, in fighting form. Joey?s eye widened as he saw the Riolu. Sam knew immediately that he got the upper hand, type-wise.

?Rattata! Quick Attack!? While Joey is a braggart, it was no doubt that the Rattata was really top-percentage. It disappeared in a blur but Sam was ready as it issued an Endure attack. Blow after blow, the Riolu took the all the attacks. When Sam knew that Riolu couldn?t take more attacks, he ordered a Counter. Riolu?s paw slammed forcefully into Rattata?s mouth. The latter crumbled. Joey stood there, dumbfounded. Sam grinned as he called Riolu back. ?Your days are over, Joey.? Joey growled and mentioned along the lines of my father is going to hear about this but Sam didn?t care. He won, and many of the students saw his feat. Joey will not be stepping into that school again.

----

Sam dropped off a package to Nurse Joy with a note. He left the Pokemon Center happy, and very much confident with his skills. It was a good day.

Back