• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Z: A Kalos Journey [M] [OOC]

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

75q44xt.png

Da back on schedule Zhak-date

Lumiose is here!! Ignoring the fact it already has been for a week, Lumiose is indeed here. It's already been hype and busy as…I dunno if I can swear in these things, but you know what I mean. There's still way more to come. As we move beyond our first major checkpoint though, let's iron out a few things we've been sitting on for a while.

Size Doesn't Matter

Interesting couple of weeks for the Zhak Date in that there hasn't really been much OOC stuff to update you guys on, but fret not I'm still here and this thing is still rolling. The movement of the RP so far has been really exciting, and moving forward, IC decision will have more and more to do with what happens in the RP, which is…exciting. I need a thesaurus

"Welcome to the Kalos Daily! Our top story today, pit fights in Lumiose. There was a major bust up in the capital today as a police managed to apprehend a bunch of criminal involved in underground Pokémon battles. There has been a lot of speculation about the difference between their combat form and the common Pokémon battles you might see on the street. The thugs argue that it's no different from the common practice. However Kalos league champion Diantha has spoken up on the matter, saying that what those people did to the Pokémon was barbaric. Keeping them caged, collared and chained is no true way to raise a Pokémon. I can't help but agree.

It's been made apparent that Detective Kuzunoha was once again involved in stopping the criminals, with the police back the budding detective as her stock continues to soar. She was seen by police saving some of her fellow Aquacorde Academy classmates from being forced to bet their pokemon away. Displaying her heart of gold even more, the young justice seeker even went as far as to provide a home for the adorable Eevee that were being victimized by the torturous treatment. Only a hero could be so quick to give a home to such volatile creatures. So if the trainer's are in your area, look out for those Eevee.

Our next story involves Prism Tower, where the band new gym leader Volkner is just hours away from his welcoming ceremony as the Lumiose city gym leader. We're going live to the capital, where the leader is standing in anticipation for the grand event. How are you feeling Volkner?"

Volkner said:
It's a great honour. I know it's cliché, but it really is a great feeling to be experiencing something different, as much as I love Sinnoh and Sunnyshore gym. Lumiose is a fantastic city. I've been here for a couple days now, and I'm still trying to find my way around y'know. It's been fun. Before I leave you, I have to give credit to the two trainers that I couldn't have done this without. Avril Morris and Drew Tucker. The two reached out to me and offered to help out in a time of need. Those are definitely the types of trainers the region needs, and I can't wait to face them when they step up to challenge me.

Thank you Volkner, those are the things we like to hear from our gym leaders. Young trainers going the extra mile to achieve. Not like the types that would attend underground fighting pits.

It seems the band from Johto, the Wild Torrents, had a little bit of a wardrobe malfunction in their show last night as they continue their world tour. The groups lead singer Hinata excitedly tossed her jacket into the crowd, but was surprised to see that she lost more than just the leather jacket. Depending on who you are, I'm sure you'd admit it was quite unfortunate for the rock star. We hope their show tonight goes better for them.

On to much…brighter news, Parterre Way was gifted with a rare sight in the early hours of the morning. Not only was our skyline darkened to a beautiful deep blue thanks to the Solar eclipse, but across that Skyline, the Legendary pokemon Yyvetal could be seen gliding in the dimmed sky.

We do have updates on the Fossil bidding war and 'what's the word on Ultra Beats' coming to you tomorrow.

Thats all for today, we hope you're enjoying your Saturday. And as always, thanks for watching!

- Not Clearing the Tracks – Trains won't be up and running in time…

- Retrieving the power supply – Volkner's gym challenge will be active in the morning

- Move Tutor Joey – Trainers will be able to learn moves from Joey once they have the means to travel back to Lumiose

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Mission 8 please. Also will be afk till tuesday so dont change phases please yet. A meowth has been finally available. I had something planned for catherine since the moment i captured her. Please.

Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
um, hiyo \o

i'm really sorry i didn't mention this earlier but i sort of left on a trip last night for about 10 days total, so my activity will be severely limited until i get back properly o> until then i'll at least try to keep up with JPs and look in the discord as much as i can, but at least today and tomorrow will likely be extremely busy on my end still. sorry again!!! and please don't kick me out

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Stage 7 - Versant Road​

Time at Stage Start: 10:00 AM​

With the excitement of Lumiose City finally behind our heroes, they progress back towards the more normal path of their pokémon journeys. The hilly and somewhat steeper road of Route 5, Versant Road, compared to the locales from previous parts of our story, hints at the more rocky and mountainous locales that our characters are soon to reach. Still, depending on who you are, a decent walk and a bit of a casual work out might be just what you need to overcome the stress induced ordeals of the bustling city streets.

As we move towards less Kalos, a cool ocean breeze occasionally introduces itself to the verdant Route we now enter. The climate and weather finally beginning to show subtle changes from the earlier stages of the journey... and with new even the slightest changes to an ecosystem comes new flora, new experiences and perhaps most importantly, new pokémon to encounter and interact with.

For those looking for a more direct form of physical activity, the roller rink located by the West Gate is popular among rollerbladers, skateboarders and cyclists all and the friendly, open atmosphere of city sanctioned recreation area makes it a fantastic place to pick up and learn a new means of transportation.

Regardless of if you're hunting new pokémon, helping passerby's. taking in the sights, obtaining new transportation or just blazing through to get to the next town. You'll find plenty to do along this refreshing and adventurous trail.

Pokémon Available (Level 21-22):

Route 5 - Versant Road:​
bunnelby.gif
buneary.gif
plusle.gif
minun.gif
emolga.gif
furfrou.gif
sentret.gif

patrat.gif
whismur.gif
pidove.gif
fletchling.gif

doduo.gif
yanma.gif
electrike.gif
shinx.gif
pancham.gif
scraggy.gif
mankey.gif
abra.gif
gulpin.gif

Pokémon available to those using a Great Ball (Level 24):
linoone.gif
watchog.gif
tranquill.gif
fletchinder.gif
loudred.gif

Pokémon available to those using an Old Rod (Level 21-22):
stunfisk.gif

Pokémon available to those using an Good Rod (Level 24):
wimpod.gif
tympole.gif

Pokémon available to those on Stage 7 Mission 4:
snorunt.gif

Missions:​

Mission 1:​
The West side of Versant skate park is usually home to some of the most exciting aspiring freestyle skaters, but lately, the area has been left a little...deserted. A few mischevious kids have been seen throwing stones or setting traps on the park. If someone could get rid of these kids for good, the skaters would be eternally grateful.

Reward: Pair of Skates + TM Razor Wind

Mission 2:​
Twins Anna and Hannah have been showing off their impressive doubles strategy, using the flowers to disguise their pokemon. The combination of Anna's Floette's Magical Leaf and Hannah's Gloom's distracting sweet scent has been enough to dispatch many older trainers so far. It's said they're offering quite an interesting reward for anyone tough enough to beat them in a double battle.

Reward: Big Root + Sun Stone

Mission 3:​
A gang of Scraggy are blocking the gateway from Versant road to Camphrier Town. Passing through the route has become impossible with these powerful pokemon blocking the way. A former trainer of one of the Scraggy has said that the pokemon join that gang in search of power, so perhaps helping them get stronger could put you in their good graces.

Reward: Absolite

Mission 4:​
A hidden grotto has appeared, out of nowhere, on the route! Many have wandered into the leafy hole, but few have returned. Rumours have begun circulating about what could have open such a mysterious opening in the hedges. Some say it's the legendary pokemon Celebi's official time machine, some say Virizion has opened a gateway to Unova down there. One thing's for certain though, a lot of pokemon from Snowbelle city have been spotted recently... If something is disrupting the ecosystem it should be dealt with.

Reward: Ice Stone + Never Melt Ice

Mission 5:​
A determined trainer is going around cutting down trees, forcing many of the wild pokemon out of their habitat. Those who have spoken to him say he is in search of his favourite pokemon. A Sudowoodo, but is struggling to tell the crafty thing apart from real trees. If someone were to help him find a better way to search for

Reward: Leftovers

Mission 6:​
An old man has been attacked in the street! A woman in an orange dress has run off with his pocket watch, and appears to be heading off into the forest. Tracing this woman while she's still unaware of your presence may lead you to finding out where all these orange clad people keep coming from...then again, it's probably not that easy. The Aura guardian, Simon, has also been seen chasing the woman.

Reward: Mysterious Blue Crystal + TM Flame Charge

OPEN Mission 7:​
A bunch of Cyclists have been looking to spread their favorite sport in a region known mostly for rollerskating. To combat this they're starting a new event known as "Tour de Kalos"... and to spread advertisement for it they're challenging passerby to a bike race around the park. Those who win get a free mach bike with the Tour de Kalos logo plastered on the side. Are you willing to take them up on their offer?

Reward: 1 x Mach Bike

Mission 8:​
A local Gulpin has swallowed an entire picnic banquet... and the table... and many of the belonging of those present when the event was being held. It has swollen to a ridiculous size, easily dwarfing a few of the trees present on the route. Pokémon rangers have arrived on the scene and have been trying to find way to force the pokémon to spit up its hoard, but thus far it has refused. Force may be necessary but the Rangers aren't able to get enough of it, thus they find themselves turning to nearby trainers for help. For what it's worth they're giving you free pick of whatever comes out? As well as a decent reward of poké.

Reward: 650 Poké, TM Sludge Wave

Mission 9​
Colress has left Lumiose city and is investigating the difference in flora growing around the West gate of Lumiose city, as opposed to the East gate where he arrived from. In particular he's looking for a specific breed of mind boosting herb that he feels could be of great use in the quest to unlock a pokémons true hidden potential. He's willing to give a small fee and a cut of the spoils to a trainer willing to go off trek into the hilly, tree covered areas where the herb is supposed to go. Do be careful however, rumors say that these specific plants are adored by local, territorial Kadabras.

Reward: 500 Poké, 3 Mental Herbs

Mission 10:​
A dance troupe is practicing routines near the skate park and strutting their stuff in battles of a different sort. They're encouraging dance as a whole in order to inspire a little pokémon with music in its heart, but without the inspiration to perform. Surely if this little creature found a person that inspired them properly, they'd follow them anywhere. Maybe that person is you?

Reward: Igglybuff

Mission 11:​
Lillie has moved on from Lumiose city and has been feeling rather stressed after her experience with the fake Garchomp on Prism Tower. She wants to regain some confidence after her ordeal, she no longer seems interested in battling just yet. Though a little bit of prying gets her to open up about a pokémon she's been desperate to catch on Route 5, a specific, powerful little Pacham whom has been scampering through the route just out of her reach for most of the day. Helping her make a new friend might be just what she needs.

Reward: Stardust + 1 Alolan Raichu Pokédoll

Mission 12:​
An ex-team Flare member is being bullied and picked on by a local trainer despite her desire to turn her life around and become a fisherwoman. Her open acknowledgment of her failings has painted a target on her for the mess that Team Cinder have been creating. However to any rational person, not inspired by grief and rage, it's clear that she's innocent and doesn't deserve to be threatened by these people and their pokémon. Someone needs to step in for what's right.

Reward: 1 x Good Rod

Last edited:

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Claiming mission 9. If I have time and nobody else has taken it when I'm finished, I'll tackle 10 and/or 3 too.

jombii

Years
open missions can be done by anyone at anytime right? how do we define the win?

jombii

Years
I think Dragon and I are gonna JP for Mission 4?

Also, so everyone could see, an Old Rod and a Snorunt is up for trade. I'm not catching anything this route lol so if anyone wants the possible Snorunt, I can catch it for you.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

75q44xt.png

Da Weekly Zhak-date

If time were a clock, we'd be the hands on its face, because we slap that ***** and stand its tests time and time again. Regardless of how wayward that analogy got, we keep moving forward, just like the characters in the RP. Anyway, with another act finished, it's time to get with the Zhak date.

Kalos' Mega sale

Mega mons are coming thick and fast. Charizard still has disgusting amounts of favouritism, but regardless, everyone's going mega. If there's a decent model for it and your bond with you pokemon is strong enough, it can become a mega pokemon. Have fun with that...

W/L Ratios

Another act, another thrilling collection of battles for you guys to grade your characters growth upon.

I feel it's probably best to reiterate this disclaimer before I show the W/L Ratios:

- It doesnt acknowledge the significance of the battles.
- Battles against trainers will always be recorded unless its a draw.
- An individual pokemon being knocked out doesnt count as a loss, unless the battle is specifically
under 1v1 battle rules.
- Wild battles in which you flee arent counted, unless your pokemon is on the losing end of the exchange before you flee.
- Battles that are alluded to, but dont happen in the post arent recorded.
- Contest victories arent recorded, as all contest achievements are significant enough to be recorded by the players anyway.

Please dont let this affect your decision making IC, as this is simply just for fun. If only my own

Chris Rodriguez
W7 L0 R:100%

Laurent Hessel
W6 L0 R:100%

Sebastian Allender
W5 L0 R:100%

Dahlia Adoracion
W4 L0 R:100%

Odette Radiuju
W4 L0 R:100%

Brielle Baker
W3 L0 R:100%

Kade Andrews
W3 L0 R:100%

Tim Neuton
W7 L1 R:87%

Dylan Graham
W5 L1 R:83%

Avril Morris
W9 L2 R:81%

Emma Kuzunoha
W6 L2 R:75%

Jackson Crane
W9 L3 R:75%

Samual Smith
W3 L1 R:75%

Coul Remson
W5 L2 R:71%

Caroline Adoracion
W1 L1 R:50%

Claudio Hickory
W1 L2 R:33%

Drew Tucker
W3 L6 R:33%

Kayla Calloway
W0 L1 R:0%

"Welcome to the Kalos Daily! Breaking news today as it seems Lumiose was under attack. The terror inducing event all began at the 'Wild Torrent' concert, where the touring band make headlines again as the concert was attacked. Fear started to rise as the band's hit song was interrupted by tremors, before a full blown earthquake broke loose. Many attributed it to to the thirty foot Steelix that burst forth in the middle of a Lumiose road, but others will say it was caused by the now iconic Garchomp that took battle on top of Lumiose's famed Prism Tower. Authorities arrived on the scene expecting aid from Sinnoh league champion Cynthia, but were instead surprised to see a young blonde man who many are suggesting is the champion's understudy. Alongside his trusty Golbat, Cynthia's apprentice was able defeat the chaotic dragon before watching it...vanish into dust. Research is currently being done on what remained of the dusty substance on top of the tower, but so far the few traces found are said to have no special properties.

It's said that Cynthia's pupil faced the assailant responsible for setting the Garchomp on the city,
but we weren't able to get the young hero for an interview. His two friends are currently unidentified,
however there are reports that there were casualties during the encounter. We hope everyone involved is now okay.

The bad news just seems to pile on more and more. It seems that the popular pokemon Eevee has been completely extinct from it its usual habitat in the Kalos region on Menhir Trail. The famous stone gate route just south of the historic Geosenge Town has been robbed of one of its most popular pokemon due to poachers apparently stealing the pokemon and making a profit. This really puts yesterday's Eevee story into perspective. This story will truly be disappointing for young trainer's making their way around the region.

We finish off with some good news, as the KCA (Kalos Contest Association) have finally decided to recognise Princess Allie's Parfum Palace extraordinaire contest ribbons as an official accolade in order to qualify for the contest grand hall. That should be an interesting vote of confidence for anyone aspiring to grab ahold of a spot in the illustrious competition.
That's all for today though, we're hoping that tomorrow we'll have updates of the fossil company bidding saga and of course, more of the pokemon world tournament. Until then though, as always, thanks for watching."

- Leaving the Taxi's to defend themselves: Taxi services to and from Lumiose have increased their prices as well as temporarily cut off travel to and from Lumiose.

- Helped Acel: More artistic and wealthy travellers are interested in a visit to Lumiose. Encountering wealthy people on their way to the capital could be lucrative for any budding trainers who opt to aid them.

- Helping Wild Torrent: The more official work you do, the more you can add to your CV.

- Aiding the Police: Team Cinder related activity seems to have…quietened down?

- Helping Burt try out his device: Burt will be available on any future trip to Lumiose, as well as a possible list of the item combinations he's discovered.

Last edited:

Jay

Years
Now that some claims have been made, I think I'm going to jump in on Mission 1.

Jay

Years

psiphoon-bb.regular.png

neuropol.regular.png

Following a discussion in the OOC, in order to flesh out some of the important NPC's to both the characters and the overall plot of Z, we will be opening mini Sign Up's for players already in the RP to further develop a recurring NPC as part of the cast without making a whole Sign Up sheet for them.

In order to make sure this doesn't get spammy and in order to be certain that the NPC's submitted are actually relevant a few of the following rules must be observed and followed before submitting an NPC SU.

• The NPC must have ALREADY appeared in two or more posts.
  • The NPC must have ALREADY interacted with two or more player characters.
  • You or others must have intentions to use and encounter this NPC multiple times throughout the story, they must be recurring.
  • If the NPC is a pre-existing character in the pokémon world, you must have the consent and permission of both GMs before making an NPC sheet for them and utilizing them throughout the story.
  • The NPC must (obviously) have some tie to your characters personal story, or the RP's story at large.
  • You may not post a WIP (Work in Progress) NPC sheet to the OOC, to avoid clutter. Post a completed SU or none at all.

If all of these guidelines are met then you're good to write and post your NPC SU.

NPC's will be divided into three sub-categories to differentiate them, these categories are:
  • [Event]: Event NPCs are pre-existing characters from the pokémon universe at large. They may be played by a single player or open for multiple characters to use based on the situation. (For example, an event battle is open to everyone, but having one of these characters show up for a personal post may require GM input or permission.)
  • [Major]: These characters are major NPCs for your character and are tied heavily into their backstory, it is preferred that they are not played by anyone besides yourself.
  • [Minor]: These characters are the definition of NPCs, they're side characters born on a whim that you wish to see developed further into something more. Any player may use these characters, but it's encouraged to consult the person who submitted the SU for details if you have trouble writing their personality.

Now then, the rules and regulations are out of the way, so here's what you've been looking for, the NPC SU Sheet:

NPC said:
Name:
(The NPC's Name)

Appearance:
(The NPC's appearance, a picture is ideal, a brief paragraph will also do. A little bit of both is you want to go the extra mile.)

Category:
(Select a category for the NPC from those listed above.)

Traits:
(A quick list of the characters personality traits, give as much or as little detail as you please,
however try to give at least a sentence for each.)

Relevance:
(Briefly describe the characters relevance to the overall plot or to a particular PC's personal story. Feel free to include some elements of the NPC's backstory as well.)

Pokémon:
(Standard affair. List the NPC's pokémon (if any) as well as said pokémons gender, nickname,
moves, species and ability.)

Back