• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Is the Sacred Realm going to be a featured in this hack story-wise?

Well that's what I was thinking anyway. On the last page I suggested that by Ganondorf entering the sacred realm, that's how the temple of time became corrupt. That could be the final dungeon... restoring the temple of time by entering the sacred realm and retrieving the triforce, returning the (whatever artifacts) that you obtain from the dungeons prior to the sacred realm. Maybe that restores power to the sages to help mend the damage done?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well that's what I was thinking anyway. On the last page I suggested that by Ganondorf entering the sacred realm, that's how the temple of time became corrupt. That could be the final dungeon... restoring the temple of time by entering the sacred realm and retrieving the triforce, returning the (whatever artifacts) that you obtain from the dungeons prior to the sacred realm. Maybe that restores power to the sages to help mend the damage done?
Ah, right. That makes sense then, though I think that, since it's not really about the Sacred Realm specifically, maybe you could consider naming it something that deals with the its corruption or, conversely, name it something that focuses on the convergence itself.

Danno

Years
Ah, right. That makes sense then, though I think that, since it's not really about the Sacred Realm specifically, maybe you could consider naming it something that deals with the its corruption or, conversely, name it something that focuses on the convergence itself.

Okay, so I was thinking on it, How about "The Forsaken Realm"? Because this version of Hyrule isn't supposed to exist, it's similar to Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask that it'd be similar to a dream... though at the end Link would be freeing the people trapped inside. Because of this, the NPCs could have reason to fight against Link. I imagined Ingo dressed up in a shabby "Great Hero" costume accusing Link of being an impostor and attacking him with some weak enemies, the Gorons could be living with the Gerudos but destroying their stone houses or something, etc etc. Then when you beat the game, it shouldn't be to hard at that point to do a scene where the camera pans around hyrule and shows little things like that getting fixed or something.

EDIT: Okay, Forsaken isn't really the word for it either lol... any ideas though?

W7p5c.jpg

I like this look better.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Oh yeah, I like the new look. The brighter aesthetics really help the environment pieces meld together.

be8Nv.jpg

So mapping will be a bit different than in regular pokemon games because of the way the grass works in these kinds of tilesets, but it's cool, looks good.

IgRPP.jpg

And they can still be touched up later, but I think for making most of the game these tiles will be fine, maybe they can be fixed up near the end of development.

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Liking the new look! Reminds me of a spruced up version of the Oracle games(which I am very fond of).

The part with Ingo dressed up as the "Great Hero" attacking Link sounds hilarious, I hope that becomes part of the final game as a mini-boss or something.

For the name? Uh...

Perhaps "The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Future"? Since we are exploring all of the different time periods, I suppose. Or something better than that I don't know.

Danno

Years
I like that... echoes of time, has a nice ring to it and it fits in with the premise. Nice.

C6qvf.jpg

And it looks good on a logo ;)

Here's my process for revamping the overworlds... so far, this kid's the only one I've done, but you gotta start somewhere, right? :P

ueBsc.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2022
I dont want this to die at all, I vote to make the game half length of what a full pokemon game should be. So theres less on your shoulder.

Heres my idea for pokemon based zelda game.
Link has to get all the eight medallions http://zeldawiki.org/Medallion#Light_Medallion
Getting all eight awakens the power of the 4 sages turned evil by ganandorf.
Defeat them then Ganandorf waiting for you at the end.

BUT WAIT, thats a false ganandorf and the real one awaits you in a cave (like mewtwo)

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I dont want this to die at all, I vote to make the game half length of what a full pokemon game should be. So theres less on your shoulder.

The project is not dead xD. It takes alot of time to revamp the graphics and so on and so forth. I think it's Meowth's ultimate decision to decide how long he makes it though.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I like that... echoes of time, has a nice ring to it and it fits in with the premise. Nice.

C6qvf.jpg

And it looks good on a logo ;)

Here's my process for revamping the overworlds... so far, this kid's the only one I've done, but you gotta start somewhere, right? :P

ueBsc.jpg
Woah, I'm really liking the logo.

And the revamped sprites. The kid having 3 dimensions feels really weird, having played the 90s, early 00's 2D Zeldas. But not in a bad way. He feels more...real, I want to say.

Years
I must say, I'm amazed with everything you've done. Just as a concept you managed to get more support (aka comments) than almost any of the hacks in "Progressing Hacks".
You should consider trying to move this to the Sideshow Showcase sub-forum :)
And also, nice freaking logo!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I must say, I'm amazed with everything you've done. Just as a concept you managed to get more support (aka comments) than almost any of the hacks in "Progressing Hacks".
You should consider trying to move this to the Sideshow Showcase sub-forum :)
And also, nice freaking logo!
This isn't just a reskin, though. It has a new story, characters, tiles, etc.- it's essentially a complete overhaul, so it wouldn't really fit in the Slideshow Showcase.

Danno

Years
I'm planning on that soon, and aside from needing 6 screenshots, I don't remember what else I'd need. I would at least need to do some interior tiles before I tried going there, and a few more overworlds to be completed. I was busy all day yesterday and slightly busy today but I'll be getting some work done :) Thanks again guys for the support.

I think it's Meowth's ultimate decision to decide how long he makes it though.
Oh and about that, I was thinking maybe only 4 dungeons instead, at least at first. They'll take a lot of mapping and planning for each, and I'll need the help of ASM hackers to implement some features, so it could take a long time.

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I've had an idea like this before, and I've seen zelda - pokemon games attempted, but all have felt.. not that great. This looks amazing, I really want to play it. xD Would love to help in anyway I can, if I can do much anymore, but i'd learn as I go along.

Not a big fan of the Octorock sprite, it scares me. :P

Danno

Years
I've had an idea like this before, and I've seen zelda - pokemon games attempted, but all have felt.. not that great. This looks amazing, I really want to play it. xD Would love to help in anyway I can, if I can do much anymore, but i'd learn as I go along.

Not a big fan of the Octorock sprite, it scares me. :P

Thanks lol. It was actually the first I made in this set, and I intend on fixing it up eventually (especially the backsprite).

You any good at pixel art?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Thanks lol. It was actually the first I made in this set, and I intend on fixing it up eventually (especially the backsprite).

You any good at pixel art?

Not so much scratch wise, but maybe some npc edits I could do. Probably could so creature or tile edits.

Danno

Years
Not so much scratch wise, but maybe some npc edits I could do. Probably could so creature or tile edits.

Would you be able to revamp human overworlds like I've been doin'? Because I'm not sure about the creature overworlds yet, might not need them for much (can't think of anything they could be used for, only bosses and such

EDIT: actually, maybe they'd be necessary for dungeons... but they might be a generic type of overworld and the creature you battle doesn't necessarily have to be that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back