• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Would you be able to revamp human overworlds like I've been doin'? Because I'm not sure about the creature overworlds yet, might not need them for much (can't think of anything they could be used for, only bosses and such

EDIT: actually, maybe they'd be necessary for dungeons... but they might be a generic type of overworld and the creature you battle doesn't necessarily have to be that one?
I'd say generic enemies are fine, as long as they aren't limited to one sprite. If you have a few or more, it would seem a lot less repetitive than seeing the same sprite over and over again.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I'd say generic enemies are fine, as long as they aren't limited to one sprite. If you have a few or more, it would seem a lot less repetitive than seeing the same sprite over and over again.

Maybe it can be that the different temples have different ones of these?

9024.png

Walking into one of them or them walking into you would initiate a wild battle of whatever monsters would be in that room. They'd disappear if you defeated them, and if it's not too difficult, when you leave the room and come back they'd reappear.

Sh!t thinking about it, we're really gonna need that camera for dungeons...

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Would you be able to revamp human overworlds like I've been doin'? Because I'm not sure about the creature overworlds yet, might not need them for much (can't think of anything they could be used for, only bosses and such
Possibly, you mean like taking the ripped sprites and and basically turning a firered ripped sprite into them? I've only tried like 2 times, but I think I could get it pretty good. Any zelda game your particularly ripping from?

Danno

Years
Possibly, you mean like taking the ripped sprites and and basically turning a firered ripped sprite into them? I've only tried like 2 times, but I think I could get it pretty good. Any zelda game your particularly ripping from?

More the other way around, like, repositioning them and turning them into a firered sprite like here:
ueBsc.jpg

If not it's cool, I can do them fairly quickly anyhow haha.

Just finished Ricky's backsprite:

ricky_by_innermobius-d7rfdc8.png

Now I'm off to the bar for a well deserved beer.

His shiny colors are from Kangaskhan, because, why not. :D

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Sounds good though may I ask..
Spoiler:

I also made this.. (A Knight)
dF4BrJP.png

I realized I did it in FR/LG style instead of a Zelda GB/C style. Ah well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Spoiler:

I also made this.. (A Knight)
dF4BrJP.png

I realized I did it in FR/LG style instead of a Zelda GB/C style. Ah well.
Does he normally hold a weapon or something? Because I kind of thought he was a roller skater until I read that he wasn't.

Danno

Years
Does he normally hold a weapon or something? Because I kind of thought he was a roller skater until I read that he wasn't.

Yeah he based the helmet off of this:
VassalGuard(TMC).png

And it's decent but yeah wrong style haha sorry.

I'm gonna move my story to this post since it's more visible.

EDIT:

2hdwayt.jpg
OKAY, STORY TIME.
2hdwayt.jpg

So this is a basic reworking of the beginning of the story. Feel free to let me know what should be altered.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well the fairy fountains will be for healing, but I never really figured out what to do with the PC lol... so that was just a thought. Any and all criticisms are welcome and changes people would rather see will be considered.

Rough draft mockup of the Happy Mask shop:

wRx8h.jpg

EDIT AGAIN (lolol):

So I was just thinking... maybe healing places should be an Inn like the Stock Pot Inn? That or fairy fountains? What do you guys think? The fairy fountains could be used a different plot device if that were the case, such as giving you some special item when you find them or something of the like, I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Here's an update on the tiles, I just spent about an hour re-optimizing so I have more space for new stuff and adding in new tiles.
(Note: This is still just an alpha testing map, this won't be in the game)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@The Story - I really like it so far. It seems thought out, it's structured, and I don't even think I have anything to say as far as criticism is concerned. So far so good!

@The Happy Mask Shop - I'm not so sure about this as it is, only because it's incredibly vibrant and green. Considering that the tiles are already brilliantly vibrant but still somehow more subtle, it might be a bit offputting- right now. I think it'd be more accurate if I saw it in context.

On that note, the map looks great.

@Healing Spots - Well, think about it this way: In Ocarina of Time and occasionally in Majora's Mask, Great Fairies would often bestow power or items unto Link, healing him at the same time. On the same note, there were some that only healed him (and in the 2D games, there were only ones that healed him). So I suggest mixing the two. Why not use the healing ones as intermissionary healing spots between towns/routes/dungeons/etc. and and have the ones that bestow items/powers at significant locations?

...That said, an Inn would be a good idea for healing because it might be jarring if you go to a Fairy Fountain and BOOM, the Happy Mask Salesman is there playing his merry song. It might be more appropriate to have him in Inns. But I think, as far as paying tribute to the series is concerned, the Fairy Fountains healing would be the better route.

Danno

Years
@The Happy Mask Shop - I'm not so sure about this as it is, only because it's incredibly vibrant and green. Considering that the tiles are already brilliantly vibrant but still somehow more subtle, it might be a bit offputting- right now. I think it'd be more accurate if I saw it in context.

Well, I didn't edit the shop at all... just kinda took it from a screenshot and threw on the mask, that was what I was trying to call attention to lol. It sucks there's not a better way to write the letter M only 4 pixels wide.
@Healing Spots - Well, think about it this way: In Ocarina of Time and occasionally in Majora's Mask, Great Fairies would often bestow power or items unto Link, healing him at the same time. On the same note, there were some that only healed him (and in the 2D games, there were only ones that healed him). So I suggest mixing the two. Why not use the healing ones as intermissionary healing spots between towns/routes/dungeons/etc. and and have the ones that bestow items/powers at significant locations?
...That said, an Inn would be a good idea for healing because it might be jarring if you go to a Fairy Fountain and BOOM, the Happy Mask Salesman is there playing his merry song. It might be more appropriate to have him in Inns. But I think, as far as paying tribute to the series is concerned, the Fairy Fountains healing would be the better route.
There were great fairies in Minish Cap too. But yeah, the Mask Salesman would be better off in the Inns. If he's the new PC storage system, lol, then it would make more sense, yeah. Sweet deal then.

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
@The Story - I really like it so far. It seems thought out, it's structured, and I don't even think I have anything to say as far as criticism is concerned. So far so good!

Basically what he said. I'm not going to reptype it because I don't want to sound like a broken record. But I will say one thing:

For the HMS, I would suggest using darker, more grand colors. Perhaps purple walls with multicolor lining on the roof and the mask logo on front? Maybe some red curtains inside too, like in OoT.

Danno

Years
Basically what he said. I'm not going to reptype it because I don't want to sound like a broken record. But I will say one thing:

For the HMS, I would suggest using darker, more grand colors. Perhaps purple walls with multicolor lining on the roof and the mask logo on front? Maybe some red curtains inside too, like in OoT.

Yeah I was going to just probably use the blue roof tiles but maybe I should spice it up a bit.

Used this as a reference:
zelda_comp-7.png

As a side note, once September 6th rolls around if I'm still mainly the only one working on this there will be 3 months-ish where not a lot of work gets done. Met a girl from another country in 2009, and she's coming to meet me and spend 3 months with me starting September 6th. So, sad for the progress of the game, but woop for me. :P

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Yeah I was going to just probably use the blue roof tiles but maybe I should spice it up a bit.

Used this as a reference:
zelda_comp-7.png

As a side note, once September 6th rolls around if I'm still mainly the only one working on this there will be 3 months-ish where not a lot of work gets done. Met a girl from another country in 2009, and she's coming to meet me and spend 3 months with me starting September 6th. So, sad for the progress of the game, but woop for me. :P

I would help, but again, I am talentless. You two lovebirds have fun!

On a side note, are we going to be using the Pokedex in any shape or form? Perhaps it could instead be a magical tome given to you by Farore that has blank pages but fills up with information about monsters as you encounter them?

Danno

Years
I would help, but again, I am talentless. You two lovebirds have fun!

On a side note, are we going to be using the Pokedex in any shape or form? Perhaps it could instead be a magical tome given to you by Farore that has blank pages but fills up with information about monsters as you encounter them?

I think I'm leaving it out.

hngCx.jpg

New logo, mockup title screen. I think Echoes of Time should stand out a little more, but aside from that I personally love this title screen. (I haven't inserted it, just planning ahead)

Also, working on the textbox. For now it looks like this:
tAJYH.jpg

Because when I edit the box's shape to make it look more like the one from Minish Cap, it turns out like this:
MJAcx.jpg

It stays that small regardless of what they're saying, and it cuts off words.

I also edited the bootscreen tilemap, so no more saying I was born in 1986:
IhyjB.jpg

Here's an example of interior tiling:
ZFHv5.jpg

And finally, this link specifically might be useful for looking at enemies by type:
http://zeldawiki.org/Category:Enemies_by_type

Last edited:

SirCharmander

SirCharmander
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
The only thing thing I can think of to make this hack perfect is custom battle ground like the ones in liquid crystal :)

Danno

Years
The only thing thing I can think of to make this hack perfect is custom battle ground like the ones in liquid crystal :)

That's definitely planned. I only started working on this like what, a week ago? :D :D But yeah, I plan to completely customize the battle scene at some point.

BTW I put in a request to move to Progressing Hacks. I think hashtag is asleep though so it won't be for a bit.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I can definetly say that this hack is coming together quite nicely :D. I really hope it gets to Progressing Hacks.

Danno

Years
I can definetly say that this hack is coming together quite nicely :D. I really hope it gets to Progressing Hacks.

Thanks, me too :D

Here's an update on the titlescreen mockup, looking much better yet still missing something...
QYt89.jpg

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's because the background isn't particularly eyecatching. It looks good, but the middle and the sides might as well be empty space because of it's subtle nature.

I think it looks good, though. It certainly isn't demanding anymore editing, but I think that if you want to add that "something" you need to add another eyecatching element to the foreground.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Thanks, me too :D

Here's an update on the titlescreen mockup, looking much better yet still missing something...
QYt89.jpg

Maybe do something with the background, add a touch of yellow for some sunray action, and give some highlight to the Copyright at the bottom.? The title screen looks pretty perfect to me xD

Danno

Years
It's edited from this wallpaper:
http://www.wallchan.com/images/mediums/24926.jpg

((And by the way, since it's not official art, I tracked down the creator of the image and I'm awaiting confirmation on whether or not I could use that as the background.))

But I think aside from the bland background (and yeah, that Nintendo copyright should have a dropped shadow I believe) it needs something like these:
The_Legend_Of_Zelda-_Phantom_Hourglass-title.png

320px-WindWakerTitle.PNG

97268-the-legend-of-zelda-the-minish-cap-game-boy-advance-screenshot.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back