• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Ah, I know what you're missing. It's a unique item.

Every modern Zelda game has a item on their logo that pertains to their game (or something in it). Wind Waker has the King of Red Lions, Four Swords has Four Swords, Ocarina of Time had a Hylian Shield and the Master Sword, so on and so forth. Heck, even the original Zelda had unique items in its title screen. But this just has the title and that's it. The unique item not only identifies the game, but it also catches the player's eye and adds flair to the logo.

Also, they're centered, though I don't know how that would look here.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Ah, I know what you're missing. It's a unique item.

Every modern Zelda game has a item on their logo that pertains to their game (or something in it). Wind Waker has the King of Red Lions, Four Swords has Four Swords, Ocarina of Time had a Hylian Shield and the Master Sword, so on and so forth. Heck, even the original Zelda had unique items in its title screen. But this just has the title and that's it. The unique item not only identifies the game, but it also catches the player's eye and adds flair to the logo.

Also, they're centered, though I don't know how that would look here.

Yeah that's what I'm getting at. But it's not centered in the Phantom Hourglass or the Japanese Minish Cap titlescreen:

Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

But I'm not sure what to make it. I was thinking maybe Farore's silhouette or something like that... but I dunno.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yeah that's what I'm getting at. But it's not centered in the Phantom Hourglass or the Japanese Minish Cap titlescreen:

-Snip-

But I'm not sure what to make it. I was thinking maybe Farore's silhouette or something like that... but I dunno.
    Why not put it on hold?

After all, right now it looks fine, and I assume you haven't finished the story yet, so why not just hold off on it until you come across that specific thing that makes Echoes of Time what it is.

Danno

Years
  • Why not put it on hold?

After all, right now it looks fine, and I assume you haven't finished the story yet, so why not just hold off on it until you come across that specific thing that makes Echoes of Time what it is.

Yeah that's probably what I'll do, only because I don't want to insert it now and have it take up space that could be used for it later when it's an image with more depth :P

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
  • Title screen looks pretty good! Perhaps for the "special item", you could put one of the crystals? Either way, looks great.

There's something I just remembered that I've been meaning to bring up. Are you/we/etc. going to make new cries? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for some, like for the Deku starter, you could just take a Deku SFX, mess around with it in Audacity and then put it in with some ROM hacking magic, but for enemies that don't make noises or have specific "voices", those could be tricky.

Danno

Years
  • Title screen looks pretty good! Perhaps for the "special item", you could put one of the crystals? Either way, looks great.

There's something I just remembered that I've been meaning to bring up. Are you/we/etc. going to make new cries? I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for some, like for the Deku starter, you could just take a Deku SFX, mess around with it in Audacity and then put it in with some ROM hacking magic, but for enemies that don't make noises or have specific "voices", those could be tricky.

Yeah, I mean, we can reuse some voices for some of the other enemies too. I've actually never inserted a custom cry so I'm not even sure of the process yet, but I'll find out eventually haha.

First look at the fairy fountains:

And a gif:

Last edited:

Danno

Years
  • Just finished Farore's revamp:

Based on the unused Farore graphics found in Seasons/Ages:

Also, Helllllo Progressing Hacks!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Thread moved to Progressing Hacks because wynaut.

#moved

PS. Try and hold back on the double posting unless it's a significant update :)

Years
  • Blade trap steel type with wonder guard and his evolution a giant blade trap of a link to the past & oracles,a wizzrobe blue with a red shiny, i don't know, this game have high possibilities, good hack.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wow great looking hack. Love the nastolga of the zelda graphics :) will def play this when its released. Keep up the amazing work.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hi, I've read the previous comments to get a feel of this hack, and I've got to say that this is pretty good! As for the title screen, how about the staff that Link uses to call the creatures with? (if you're sticking to the staff idea)

EDIT: Also, congrats on getting onto the Progressing Hacks ^^

Danno

Years
  • Hi, I've read the previous comments to get a feel of this hack, and I've got to say that this is pretty good! As for the title screen, how about the staff that Link uses to call the creatures with? (if you're sticking to the staff idea)

EDIT: Also, congrats on getting onto the Progressing Hacks ^^

The rod idea was kinda thrown out the window lol so really it's only being used as an eyecatcher for the first post now :D

And thanks guys, hope to keep this stuff rolling out. I'm not a scripter though and though I can edit other scripts I'll definitely need some help in that department eventually, but right now I'm more concerned with the graphics.

EDIT: Speaking of graphics, just got confirmation from the artist of the titlescreen's background:

EDIT AGAIN:

Finished Dimitri's front sprite:

Fun fact about Dimitri in case you guys have forgotten: He's a Dodongo. And he's a water type. :D

Here's Link's trainer sprite:

Also, I need opinions. Since this is based on the Oracle Series artistically, I was thinking about replacing the Octorok:

With the ones that are actually in these games, have overworlds, and are more common to the Zelda Universe:

Or if I should make the new ones the first stage of evolution? The thing is, if it evolved from the small one to the big one, it'd also change colors and styles in the process. But I might need to do that later for other creatures anyways... thoughts?

(Keep in mind, walking into an Octorok overworld doesn't necessarily mean that's the mob you'll be facing. It'd be a general 'ohey an enemy attacked' sorta thing)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    For Ganondorf you should give him Deku Babas (Cradily), Stalfos, Keese (Zubat-Crobat), Bokoblins and all that great amazingness. Zelda's my favorite game series and I love to see the rpg being turned into an rpg. (If you get what i mean.)

Also, what will you do about battle backgrounds?

Danno

Years
  • For Ganondorf you should give him Deku Babas (Cradily), Stalfos, Keese (Zubat-Crobat), Bokoblins and all that great amazingness. Zelda's my favorite game series and I love to see the rpg being turned into an rpg. (If you get what i mean.)

Also, what will you do about battle backgrounds?

He'll have stronger monsters by the time you ever have to fight him haha. Think more along the lines of bosses. And the new monsters won't be just reskinned pokemon either... they'll need changing for base stats and new moves and all that too. It won't necessarily be balanced though, as there's no need for something like a Lv.10 Cucco to compete with a Lv.10 Goron hahaha.

And battle backgrounds and the whole battle scene will be edited eventually... but off the top of my head I can't think about what to make them look like, or the platforms, for that matter.

(Ganondorf isn't a rival. There probably won't even be a rival)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    He'll have stronger monsters by the time you ever have to fight him haha. Think more along the lines of bosses. And the new monsters won't be just reskinned pokemon either... they'll need changing for base stats and new moves and all that too. It won't necessarily be balanced though, as there's no need for something like a Lv.10 Cucco to compete with a Lv.10 Goron hahaha.

And battle backgrounds and the whole battle scene will be edited eventually... but off the top of my head I can't think about what to make them look like, or the platforms, for that matter.

(Ganondorf isn't a rival. There probably won't even be a rival)

I meant along the lines of a super boss

Danno

Years
  • I meant along the lines of a super boss

Ganon with/under control of Majora's Mask? You can count on it :D

I'd also like to point out that I intend to make it so you can receive the starters elsewhere later in the game too at their own places respectively... so even if the Deku forest is the first place you go and you chose the Deku starter, you can get another one there.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back