• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
  • It is absolutely mandatory that you change the sound that plays when a Pokemon levels up to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqkRghWjD0Y

Edit: Oh, and I love the music.

That sound will be in the game eventually. I wish Sappy had more of the sound effects listed, there are a whole bunch I'd love to change.

EDIT:
    Just finished de-capping the Continue screen:
    Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hey Meowth, I just saw the new videos this morning (at around 4 AM PST), and I've got to say that this is all looking good! The small little problem for me is the chest. It looks as though Link just stole it from the dungeon lol. But it's still nice (even though it irks me just a little). Keep up the awesome work!

Danno

Years
  • Hey Meowth, I just saw the new videos this morning (at around 4 AM PST), and I've got to say that this is all looking good! The small little problem for me is the chest. It looks as though Link just stole it from the dungeon lol. But it's still nice (even though it irks me just a little). Keep up the awesome work!

Don't worry, it won't be like that when it's released. I can't code, I just took a pokeball giveitem script and threw it on there. It's not permanently like that lol.

EDIT:

Also seriously reconsidering the whole trainers thing... I think it would be more fun if you had to fight against Ganon's Hyrule Guards and such that had monsters of their own instead of only Ganondorf and Zelda having the ability to capture monsters.

What do you guys think about this?

EDIT 2:

I finished the Deku Guard. Second one down:

Also I'll be updating the first post with an updated version of this sheet whenever I finish the entire set for a creature (including minis and backsprites) in the Completed Sprites spoiler.

Last edited:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Also seriously reconsidering the whole trainers thing... I think it would be more fun if you had to fight against Ganon's Hyrule Guards and such that had monsters of their own instead of only Ganondorf and Zelda having the ability to capture monsters.

What do you guys think about this?

EDIT 2:

Spoiler:
    Also I'll be updating the first post with an updated version of this sheet whenever I finish the entire set for a creature (including minis and backsprites) in the Completed Sprites spoiler.
    "Echoes of Time.." Time travel? Maybe in an age long past, there were many beings with the ability to capture creatures, but their story was lost to the sea of history. Perhaps the gems that Link uses to capture these creatures was actually a mimicry of their ability, created by them to be shared with Hylians.

But wait, how will Link obtain the gems in the first place? Seems a bit weird for there to be a shop that carries an item only 3 people in the world can use lol.

Perhaps anyone in the land can capture beasts, even other creatures! (Example: Adult Zora 'capturing' a bunch of baby Zoras) But Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are able to bond more strongly and easily with their creatures because of the TriForces.

"What do you guys think about this?" was the wrong thing to ask. Or should I say, it was the wrong thing for me to see at 6 AM when I just woke up lol.

Loving those sprites, keep up the great work!

Danno

Years
  • "Echoes of Time.." Time travel? Maybe in an age long past, there were many beings with the ability to capture creatures, but their story was lost to the sea of history. Perhaps the gems that Link uses to capture these creatures was actually a mimicry of their ability, created by them to be shared with Hylians.

But wait, how will Link obtain the gems in the first place? Seems a bit weird for there to be a shop that carries an item only 3 people in the world can use lol.

Perhaps anyone in the land can capture beasts, even other creatures! (Example: Adult Zora 'capturing' a bunch of baby Zoras) But Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are able to bond more strongly and easily with their creatures because of the TriForces.

"What do you guys think about this?" was the wrong thing to ask. Or should I say, it was the wrong thing for me to see at 6 AM when I just woke up lol.

Loving those sprites, keep up the great work!

Well it's a no to the time travel idea, as the 'time travel' is brought to the Hyrule in the game when Ganondorf enters the sacred realm and characters from many Zelda games and timelines are brought into the one world. As far as Link obtaining the gems, there was a plan for them to exist around as a natural resource used as something else for people without the power of the Triforce, but I think it should be scrapped. I was thinking along the same lines as you with the Zoras being able to capture the monsters, more specifically the Gerudo, since it'd still be awesome to have a Gerudo join your team. The human monsters for the most part wouldn't evolve though.

I just saw you problem with the textbox you must edit the main textbox in NSE I had this problem too

I do edit my textboxes in NSE lol. I actually use NSE to do all of my palette editing instead of APE because it's much more stable. I'll try messing with the palettes of some of the other boxes if that's what you mean though, thanks :D

EDIT: Just finished the second evo for this chain, dubbed just "Goron".

aaand the backsprites shinies and minisprites:

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
  • Well it's a no to the time travel idea, as the 'time travel' is brought to the Hyrule in the game when Ganondorf enters the sacred realm and characters from many Zelda games and timelines are brought into the one world. As far as Link obtaining the gems, there was a plan for them to exist around as a natural resource used as something else for people without the power of the Triforce, but I think it should be scrapped. I was thinking along the same lines as you with the Zoras being able to capture the monsters, more specifically the Gerudo, since it'd still be awesome to have a Gerudo join your team. The human monsters for the most part wouldn't evolve though.

I do edit my textboxes in NSE lol. I actually use NSE to do all of my palette editing instead of APE because it's much more stable. I'll try messing with the palettes of some of the other boxes if that's what you mean though, thanks :D

EDIT: Just finished the second evo for this chain, dubbed just "Goron".

aaand the backsprites shinies and minisprites:

Notification System: "Oh, Meowth quoted your post. Here's a notification." A little later... "Meowth edited his post, here's another 2 notifications."
    Next day: "Hey Prixy, Meowth edited his post one more time, so here are 3 more notifications for ya! Oh, and good morning!"

Freakin' spammy system xD

Back on topic: Those sprites are looking great! Are we going to see a Darunia based third evolution? If not, will we see characters based on story related Gorons and Zoras like Darunia/Ruto? And if so, will we be able to capture them?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Your spriting is excellent. I just want to huge and smush Moosh, can't wait to see his backsprite ^_^.

Danno

Years
  • Notification System: "Oh, Meowth quoted your post. Here's a notification." A little later... "Meowth edited his post, here's another 2 notifications."
    Next day: "Hey Prixy, Meowth edited his post one more time, so here are 3 more notifications for ya! Oh, and good morning!"

Freakin' spammy system xD

Back on topic: Those sprites are looking great! Are we going to see a Darunia based third evolution? If not, will we see characters based on story related Gorons and Zoras like Darunia/Ruto? And if so, will we be able to capture them?

Lol sorry about that. Yeah It wasn't worth trying to doublepost, so I just edit my posts :P And Ruto isn't gonna be in, second form of Zora is a normal Zora and third will probably be the Zora King. The Goron will be a mix between Darunia and Darmani I think.

Your spriting is excellent. I just want to huge and smush Moosh, can't wait to see his backsprite ^_^.

I completed it and it's in this thread, I've just yet to insert it into the game until I finish Dimitri's as I see them as a set. :D

Bliss

Years
  • Lol sorry about that. Yeah It wasn't worth trying to doublepost, so I just edit my posts :P And Ruto isn't gonna be in, second form of Zora is a normal Zora and third will probably be the Zora King. The Goron will be a mix between Darunia and Darmani I think.
    Oh, I understand. I just wanted to rant for a second lol.

It's a shame we won't see Ruto, since she was one of my favorite non-human characters in all of Zelda, but *shrug* not like it makes the game any less enjoyable lol. Might we see Saria at some point? (Yes, Saria is my all time favorite female character in Legend of Zelda games.. but as with Ruto, won't make a difference in my enjoyment or excitement for this game lol.)

Danno

Years
  • Oh, I understand. I just wanted to rant for a second lol.

It's a shame we won't see Ruto, since she was one of my favorite non-human characters in all of Zelda, but *shrug* not like it makes the game any less enjoyable lol. Might we see Saria at some point? (Yes, Saria is my all time favorite female character in Legend of Zelda games.. but as with Ruto, won't make a difference in my enjoyment or excitement for this game lol.)

Probably not, I wont be adding a kokiri forest. Malons in though

Bliss

Years
  • Probably not, I wont be adding a kokiri forest. Malons in though
    My second favorite human female character is already in? *fangirl*

Thanks for the update~ Keep up the great work!

Oh, one more question about monsters: Will we see Skull Kids? I'd like to have a team of 5 of those, just for nostalgia of dying at their hands 5 times in my first play through of OoT. Stupid spit balls. I still wonder if they were using paper or moss or seeds though.

Danno

Years
  • My second favorite human female character is already in? *fangirl*

Thanks for the update~ Keep up the great work!

Oh, one more question about monsters: Will we see Skull Kids? I'd like to have a team of 5 of those, just for nostalgia of dying at their hands 5 times in my first play through of OoT. Stupid spit balls. I still wonder if they were using paper or moss or seeds though.

It's a thought I haven't fully fleshed out, as there's one skull kid in particular who will be making a cameo appearance, naturally.

Danno

Years
  • Just got animedit working and got new animated water tiles, also here's the new and improved Hyrule Castle Exterior:

Fully working where you can walk under or above the entrance depending on where you're coming from.

The statues are still of Queen Ambi but they'll be changed soon.

I actually lost a little bit of progress of palette editing and such due to a glitch that I hadn't realized was present until it was too late, but I've caught back up..

Also, I made it so the cry at the Titlescreen is now the 'Press Start' sound from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2023
    Hey will there be hidden items present and not in the pokemon style where we can't see them but like in zelda where you explore and come across them ??

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    I have to ask, will there be any involvement of Dark/Shadow Link?

Maybe he could use a Rival Role? To keep some form of Pokémon tradition?

Danno

Years
  • Hey will there be hidden items present and not in the pokemon style where we can't see them but like in zelda where you explore and come across them ??

Yeah defeinitely, there'll be random chests all around.

I have to ask, will there be any involvement of Dark/Shadow Link?

Maybe he could use a Rival Role? To keep some form of Pokémon tradition?

Maybe. There won't really be a rival in this game, but Dark Link is intended to show up.

I've thought about it before, and the way I wanted to include him seems pretty unrealistic... it'd be awesome if when you encountered him he had the exact same party as the player, levels and moves included and you had to defeat your own team.... but I doubt that'll happen.

Bliss

Years
  • I've thought about it before, and the way I wanted to include him seems pretty unrealistic... it'd be awesome if when you encountered him he had the exact same party as the player, levels and moves included and you had to defeat your own team.... but I doubt that'll happen.
    I saw a script that did exactly this somewhere, and after I saw your post I spent a few minutes looking, but I couldn't find it.

So I know it's possible to script out this specific set up, but you would need to do some extra spriting, I think.

In other news: HYRULE CASTLE LOOKS AWESOME! Thank you so much for all the hard work!

One complaint: Those trees in the Castle Courtyard. Any chance they can be changed into a different kind of tree? Kinda weird to see 6 typical trees in such a special place. Not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, amazing 3 layer tile! Nice job getting that to work! I had to fight with my hack a bit to finally get that working, and it broke a couple of things when I did lol.

Keep up the great work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back