• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2021
    Yes it does. You either didn't install the plugin properly, or have a different plugin installed that also makes edits to the Pokedex. Do all of the other ZUD mechanics work?

Em... I´ve a plugin that changes the style of the pokedex with the Black and white one, also, the rest of the ZUD stuf works perfectly

Years
    • Seen today
    Major Update: 10/16/21 - ZUD Plugin v1.1
    This plugin has received its first major update since its release for v19.1. This update primarily includes the much-awaited EBDX compatibility, as well as a slew of bug fixes and tweaks. Please read the change log below for information on all of the new and changed content.

The main post will be updated shortly to reflect these changes.

Change Log:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    I've found that the camera can be extremely wonky when doing a double/triple battle while using EBDX, did I do something wrong or is this a visual bug?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Every time I start the game I keep getting this message

Exception `SyntaxError' at -e - 158:Battler_UseMove_TriggerEffects:191: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting `end'
    -e:in `eval': 158:Battler_UseMove_TriggerEffects:191: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting `end' (SyntaxError)

Years
    • Seen today
    Every time I start the game I keep getting this message

Exception `SyntaxError' at -e - 158:Battler_UseMove_TriggerEffects:191: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting `end'
    -e:in `eval': 158:Battler_UseMove_TriggerEffects:191: syntax error, unexpected end-of-input, expecting `end' (SyntaxError)

You incorrectly copied over manual script edit #3. Please pay attention to what you're doing when making these edits, I even made a note reminding you to mind the number of "end's" you're replacing.

Years
    • Seen today
    I've found that the camera can be extremely wonky when doing a double/triple battle while using EBDX, did I do something wrong or is this a visual bug?

When entering any battle where Dynamax is available to be used, the camera will default to using the Dynamax vectors set up in PBS/EBDX/metrics. These were the best camera angles I could come up with that would fit all the enlarged Dynamax sprites on screen. Yes, it's still wonky. Yes, it's annoying that the camera still uses Dynamax vectors even if you choose not to use Dynamax that battle. I have no idea how to alter the camera vectors mid-battle and have them "stick", so it's the best I could come up with.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    When entering any battle where Dynamax is available to be used, the camera will default to using the Dynamax vectors set up in PBS/EBDX/metrics. These were the best camera angles I could come up with that would fit all the enlarged Dynamax sprites on screen. Yes, it's still wonky. Yes, it's annoying that the camera still uses Dynamax vectors even if you choose not to use Dynamax that battle. I have no idea how to alter the camera vectors mid-battle and have them "stick", so it's the best I could come up with.

Thank you for the quick response! I'm finding that the strange camera angles still appear in areas where I shouldn't be able to Dynamax (using the double battle on route 3 as an example).

Years
    • Seen today
    Probably because you have DMAX_ANYMAP set to "true", meaning that trainer battles on any map are flagged as a Dynamax-able battle. I may have accidentally uploaded the plugin with this setting set to "true" by default by mistake, where it should be "false".

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    Probably because you have DMAX_ANYMAP set to "true", meaning that trainer battles on any map are flagged as a Dynamax-able battle. I may have accidentally uploaded the plugin with this setting set to "true" by default by mistake, where it should be "false".

That was indeed the issue, thank you again so much!

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • Major Update: 10/16/21 - ZUD Plugin v1.1
    This plugin has received its first major update since its release for v19.1. This update primarily includes the much-awaited EBDX compatibility, as well as a slew of bug fixes and tweaks. Please read the change log below for information on all of the new and changed content.

The main post will be updated shortly to reflect these changes.

Change Log:
    Spoiler:

So here is my personal opinion, not gonna lie I do like how you executed the EBDX Compatability for ZUD. The animations and how the ZUD functionality was handled. The only thing that I dislike was that how you set the DYNAMAX metrics directly at the start of the battle which can give out some wonky results. But other than that, the compatibility done was amazing.

Years
    • Seen today
    So here is my personal opinion, not gonna lie I do like how you executed the EBDX Compatability for ZUD. The animations and how the ZUD functionality was handled. The only thing that I dislike was that how you set the DYNAMAX metrics directly at the start of the battle which can give out some wonky results. But other than that, the compatibility done was amazing.
    If theres a better way to handle the camera metrics, im more than willing to change it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    When I enable DMAX_ANYMAP and CAN_DMAX_WILD to "true", the Pokemon's sprite in battle gets smaller. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Years
    • Seen today
    When I enable DMAX_ANYMAP and CAN_DMAX_WILD to "true", the Pokemon's sprite in battle gets smaller. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Its just unfortunately how it works. Any battle where Dynamax is possible will utilize a zoomed out camera so that enlarged Dynamax Pokemon will fit on screen. So if you make every battle Dynamax-capable, then every battle will be zoomed out.

If you want to adjust this, youll have to tinker with the Dynamax vectors in EBDX's metrics PBS.

I dont know of any better way to handle how the camera functions, unless someone experienced with EBDX wants to suggest something.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    I get the following error whenever I open the pokedex/summary or enter a battle (every scene where a sprite is supposed to be displayed):
    bPn47YT.png

Steps I did after unpacking vanilla Essentials:
    Adding 19.1 Hotfix plugin
    Adding Gen 8 Project
    Tested and worked
    Drag and dropped the ZUD Plugin files from primary installation and overwrote the files
    Did 2. B), C), E) and F) and followed the guide doing the script changes
    Compiled everything. The necessary files were compiled. No errors.

But everytime a sprite is supposed to show up i get the error.

NoNoNever

Creator from Pokemon Illuison, Pokemon Arcadia, Po
    Years
  • I get the following error whenever I open the pokedex/summary or enter a battle (every scene where a sprite is supposed to be displayed):
    bPn47YT.png

Adding Gen 8 Project
    Tested and worked
    Drag and dropped the ZUD Plugin files from primary installation and overwrote the files

Is it possible that you added the EBDX Compatibility while not using EBDX?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    I am using the latest version. I know that on reliccastle it shows 1.1.1 but I even re-downloaded it.
    It shows 1.1.0 no matter what. In the instructions is also stated that it is supposed to show 1.1.0.

Years
    • Seen today
    I get the following error whenever I open the pokedex/summary or enter a battle (every scene where a sprite is supposed to be displayed):
    bPn47YT.png

Adding Gen 8 Project
    Tested and worked

The issue is a mistake on my end. I updated the ZUD scripts to accommodate changes for the upcoming v1.1.2 of the Gen 8 Project, which has not been released yet. I've updated the ZUD Plugin to v1.1.1 to fix this, as well as some other minor things.

Back