• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm having this problem when starting a Max Raid Den. (before you ask, the plugin was correctly compiled, i think, Dynamax Adventures works good and it's in a New Save. Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian. Oh, and, even with my little problem, this is one of the best plugins!)
    Same error as the person in the post above yours, so my answer is the same.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    Yeah, I've tried to restart my save and all, but it just didn't work. When I put "nil" on the "pkmn", it shows a ditto, but the battle doesn't start. When I put a specific species (like Cherubi), it shows the species, but doesn't start again. I just don't know what is causing the problem. Neither why it doesn't reconize the encounter's table (the only three species are, Aipom, Cherubi and Combee)

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah idk, I have never had this error happen to me after the probably hundreds of hours ive spent developing this plugin, and through multiple iterations of Essentials. Even when purposely trying to break the code to initiate it. So I honestly have no idea what the handful of you guys are doing to be getting this error.

In any case, I am no longer working on v19.1, so this plugin won't be receiving any further support. The best you can hope for is to wait for v20, where ill be redoing the entire Max Raid scripts from top to bottom (which will presumably address this problem).

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    I'm having the same error in ""pbMaxRaid"", but pbMaxRaidSimple is working fine, I'm redoing all the processes in the base model of essentials v19.1 and if it works and/or I find out what's going on, i report back.

but I loved the whole system, so even if ''pbMaxRaid'' doesn't work I'll use ""pbMaxRaidSimple"" :)

EDIT: I tested it on pokemon essentials v19.1 base, and it worked!!!!
    the error occurs due to some part that was not placed correctly, in my case it was part 11 item A.

To everyone who has this error, I recommend checking the installation step by step.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm having the same error in ""pbMaxRaid"", but pbMaxRaidSimple is working fine, I'm redoing all the processes in the base model of essentials v19.1 and if it works and/or I find out what's going on, i report back.

but I loved the whole system, so even if ''pbMaxRaid'' doesn't work I'll use ""pbMaxRaidSimple"" :)

EDIT: I tested it on pokemon essentials v19.1 base, and it worked!!!!
    the error occurs due to some part that was not placed correctly, in my case it was part 11 item A.

To everyone who has this error, I recommend checking the installation step by step.

Hmm, 11.A? The part that has to do with adding images to the Summary screen? That wouldn't have any affect on the Max Raid script at all. Regardless, it does seem to suggest that the answer to everyone's errors is simply user error, as I suggested.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Hello there so i actually added my den to a map and i have a little problem, when trying to enter the den, it says : "There appears to be a raid den here, but no Dynamax energy is present." How could i fix this ? Thanks !

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Hello there so i actually added my den to a map and i have a little problem, when trying to enter the den, it says : "There appears to be a raid den here, but no Dynamax energy is present." How could i fix this ? Thanks !

Throw in a Wishing Piece

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello there so i actually added my den to a map and i have a little problem, when trying to enter the den, it says : "There appears to be a raid den here, but no Dynamax energy is present." How could i fix this ? Thanks !

You put your den on a map that does not support Dynamax.

CoreBear

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Definitely not related to this plugin. Nothing concerning audio is touched other than simply adding new music tracks and sound effects. A quick Google search shows that "Fluidsynth" is some sort of audio editing program, so perhaps some custom audio you have originated from there and can't be read properly by Essentials for some reason? Idk how any of the audio code works, so *shrug*

That's the thing though. I assume it must be an issue with my laptop alone, because I had no audio editing stuff lying around, no custom audio in the game outside of what ZUD added and unfortunately not enough knowledge myself to find the issue's source. Tried it on my project with EBDX and Gen 8 Project installed, and tried it on a fresh essentials but there was that fluidsynth error every time

Years
    • Seen today
    That's the thing though. I assume it must be an issue with my laptop alone, because I had no audio editing stuff lying around, no custom audio in the game outside of what ZUD added and unfortunately not enough knowledge myself to find the issue's source. Tried it on my project with EBDX and Gen 8 Project installed, and tried it on a fresh essentials but there was that fluidsynth error every time

Then try it without the ZUD audio tracks, idk. Try narrowing down what the actual problem is.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Spoiler:

is this fixed already?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Hey there ;) is there a way to add a new color to Dynamax like change the red to green like Calyrex changed red to blue in Sword/Shield

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey there ;) is there a way to add a new color to Dynamax like change the red to green like Calyrex changed red to blue in Sword/Shield

Sure you just gotta go into the code and edit the color to whatever you want in all of the places that call for it. I dont recall exactly where this is done or how often, but I imagine it would all be handled in the file related to Pokemon Bitmaps & Icons.

Look for all the places where I made exceptions for Calyrex as an example.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Hi, I am having an issue i am failing to diagnose or fix by myself. I have done the primary&secondary installation and added everything to the scripts. and doublechecked. so unless i overlooked some semicolon i doubt the problem is there. i set the GMAX_XL_ICONS = false in settings like instructed etc. i deleted the pluginscripts and hold CTRL long enough.

so i covered all the basics but i still experience an issue where in battle, both my own and the enemy pokemon sprites are too small. originally they were also placed too low but debugs auto-align sprites fixed this. the sprites however remain small even when tweaking the scale in settings. i believe the conflict probably lies somewhere with the gen8 project? any direction on where the problem could be would be really appreciated because i am totally lost.

i should add that i do not use ebdx. my plugins are: ZUD, Gen8, Arceus expansion, Luka Utility, Hotfixes, MDTS, Following Pokemon, Overworld shadows & DiegoWT's Starter Selection

it seems to be a similar issue to post #257
    I have since tried changing the values of BACK_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE (and front aswell) in constants but nothing changed. ive had both on 1 2 3 4 all the way up to 8, doing full compiles in between each test but the values do not affect the size at all. i have also tried skipping over constants and modifying these values in ebdx_wrapper directly but this also changed nothing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, I am having an issue i am failing to diagnose or fix by myself. I have done the primary&secondary installation and added everything to the scripts. and doublechecked. so unless i overlooked some semicolon i doubt the problem is there. i set the GMAX_XL_ICONS = false in settings like instructed etc. i deleted the pluginscripts and hold CTRL long enough.

so i covered all the basics but i still experience an issue where in battle, both my own and the enemy pokemon sprites are too small. originally they were also placed too low but debugs auto-align sprites fixed this. the sprites however remain small even when tweaking the scale in settings. i believe the conflict probably lies somewhere with the gen8 project? any direction on where the problem could be would be really appreciated because i am totally lost.

i should add that i do not use ebdx. my plugins are: ZUD, Gen8, Arceus expansion, Luka Utility, Hotfixes, MDTS, Following Pokemon, Overworld shadows & DiegoWT's Starter Selection

it seems to be a similar issue to post #257
    I have since tried changing the values of BACK_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE (and front aswell) in constants but nothing changed. ive had both on 1 2 3 4 all the way up to 8, doing full compiles in between each test but the values do not affect the size at all. i have also tried skipping over constants and modifying these values in ebdx_wrapper directly but this also changed nothing.

*shrug* idk.

It's definitely a Gen 8 Project thing, because this wasn't an issue in previous versions of the Gen 8 Project. People only started reporting this issue after the Gen 8 Project was updated to v1.1.2. It's possible that there's something in the ZUD Plugin that is no longer compatible with the newest version of the Gen 8 Project, and is thus causing conflict. But to be perfectly honest I've already mentally moved on from v19.1 plugins, so I'm just too lazy and uninterested in going through and testing everything to check, nor will I be updating this plugin even if there is an issue.

I will say, however, I have never experienced this sprite shrinking issue with ZUD, even WHEN I had v1.1.2 of the Gen 8 Project installed. So, I don't think there's an inherent issue with either project, and it seems far likelier to me that some sort of user error is involved with the Gen 8 installation.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Any suggestions/tips on which parts of which scripts i could maybe look at to try and resolve this?
    I have spent 20+ hours trying to solve this, in a game i spent 250+ hours on already, and it has reached a point where i may give up making a game alltogether.

I simply cannot fix this on my own without some direction or new input, because i am stuck and tried everything i can even think of. So any thought off the top of your head could potentially be of huge help here...
    I really hope you can at least nudge me in the right direction, cause i would hate to throw away all my work

Years
    • Seen today
    Any suggestions/tips on which parts of which scripts i could maybe look at to try and resolve this?
    I have spent 20+ hours trying to solve this, in a game i spent 250+ hours on already, and it has reached a point where i may give up making a game alltogether.

I simply cannot fix this on my own without some direction or new input, because i am stuck and tried everything i can even think of. So any thought off the top of your head could potentially be of huge help here...
    I really hope you can at least nudge me in the right direction, cause i would hate to throw away all my work

Well, giving up on making a game altogether over this one issue would be stupid. If that's your attitude going in, then you're never gonna make anything. Youre undoubtedly going to have way more difficult problems to solve than this.

Secondly, you can always just...not use ZUD or the Gen 8 Project. Or just simply manually enlarge all of your sprites to double the size. There's plenty of solutions. Or just wait for v20 of Essentials (which will have all the Gen 8 content built-in) and transfer your project to that. None of these things are essential for designing a game, you have other alternatives.

Anyway, I dont really have anything to suggest beyond obvious troubleshooting.

Download a fresh copy of Gen 8, and test the sprites. Do they display in the correct size?

• YES
      Then the issue might be ZUD. Install the ZUD Plugin and test the sprites. Do they display in the correct size?

• YES
        Then the problem is your project/user error, not ZUD.

• NO
        Then the problem is ZUD. Locate the file in the ZUD Plugin related to Pokemon Bitmaps, and compare these scripts with those found in the Gen 8 Project. Obviously, there must be some conflict with the EBDX bitmap wrapper that ZUD utilizes that is overriding the scripts in the Gen 8 Project.

Were you able to locate the issue after some trial & error?

• YES
          Congratulations.

• NO
          Is ZUD absolutely vital for your game to function?

• YES
            Find a work-around solution, then. (manually enlarge sprites, remove the Gen 8 project's reliance on the ebdx bitmap wrapper, etc)

• NO
            Then don't use ZUD until someone else finds a solution.

• NO
      Did you install the Gen 8 Project correctly?

• YES
        Apparently you didn't.

• NO
        Well, that's why then.

Back