• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Years
    • Online now
    I also installed this script and Gen 8 Project in a fresh copy of Essentials and still, it doesn't work. Again, this could be me and my carelessness, but I've tried every method and it still doesn't work.
    Does your game ACTUALLY have Gen 8 content installed? Like, can you initiate a wild battle versus a Zacian or something? I feel like you think you have Gen 8 installed, but don't. As StCooler said, if your game has the Gen 8 project installed, there would literally be no reason why your game would be presenting errors saying that these Gen 8 things don't exist. It wouldn't make any sense for that to happen.

My theory is that you're working on a vanilla copy of v18.1, downloaded the Gen 8 Project, but never properly integrated it into your project. Or if you did, it was just like the PBS data or something, and not the actual scripts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    A very small problem. The MAX PLUMAGE seems to be lack of a "clacStats" .

Years
    • Online now
    Update!
    More Dynamax-related changes have been made to fix and adjust a variety of niche situations where Dynamax is in play.

Updates to Dynamaxing
    • If a Pokemon Dynamaxes while it has a Substitute up, the Substitute effect is now properly removed.
    • If a Pokemon with Illusion is disguised as a Pokemon that cannot Dynamax (Zacian, Zamazenta, Eternatus), the option to Dynamax will not appear.
    • If Cramorant is in one of its forms upon Dynamaxing, it will revert to its base form. For some reason, Cramorant is the only Pokemon that this applies to.

Updates to Moves
    • G-Max Vine Lash/Wildfire/Cannonade/Volcalith have been adjusted to properly deal 1/6th max HP damage per turn.
    • G-Max Replenish now properly recycles the held items of all ally Pokemon, not just the user. Also, this effect can only recycle consumed Berries, not any other type of item.
    • G-Max Chi Strike now has its own effect that boosts crit chance by 1 stage with each use. Previously, this move just copied Focus Energy's effect, which was incorrect.

Updates to Effects
    • The Ability Forewarn only names a Pokemon's base move rather than its Max Moves if the target is Dynamaxed.
    • Neither Z-Moves nor Max Moves can be prevented by the use of Imprison.
    • If Imprison is used by a Dynamaxed Pokemon, moves are sealed based on the user's base moves, not its Max Moves.
    • The effect of Grudge will not trigger on Z-Moves. When triggered on Max Moves, the PP of the base move is depleted.
    • Effects that increase or reduce HP by a certain percentage will now calculate HP changes based on the user's non-Dynamax HP.

Updates to Raid Battles
    • If a Raid Pokemon attempts to use the move Substitute, the move will fail.

Other Updates
    • Using the custom item Max Plumage will now correctly calculate stats after use.

Installation:
    Spoiler:

The Download link will be updated with these new changes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Hey man is there a way to add a new species to the max raid database ? thanks

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hey man is there a way to add a new species to the max raid database ? thanks
    If it's not in the hardcoded banlist, then it should be automatically added.

EDIT: Also check
    Code:
    def pbInitRaidBanlist
    for new forms of Pokémons. Modify the random_forms array.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    So here is my script : pbMaxRaid(4,5,GROUDON_1,REDORB,10,false,false)
    and here is the error :
    ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Years
    • Online now
    So here is my script : pbMaxRaid(4,5,GROUDON_1,REDORB,10,false,false)
    and here is the error :

Ok, there's a few things wrong here.

First of all, you're inputting the species and item in wrong. It should be :GROUDON_1, and :REDORB.
    Secondly, Primals and Megas are specifically banned from Max Raids, anyway. So even if you put :GROUDON_1, the raid will just spawn regular Groudon.
    Thirdly, the raid rank should be 6 for Legendary Pokemon (this would automatically scale to 6 though if you inputted :GROUDON correctly).

Also note that the raid size is capped at 3. I'm assuming you set it to 4 because you're using the Modular Battle Scene script, though.
    And also, you don't have to include false,false at the end if you want both the gmax and hardmode arguments off. You can just omit them. It still works the way you did it, I'm just letting you know it's not necessary. Hard Mode would be automatically turned on for a Legendary species anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2023
    Thanks for the help also how can i make the den active ? i set it up like you said on for the 2 pages but i can't get in the den.

Years
    • Online now
    Thanks for the help also how can i make the den active ? i set it up like you said on for the 2 pages but i can't get in the den.

What does it say?
    If it says "There appears to be a raid den here, but no Dynamax energy is present.", that means the map you put your den on doesn't support Dynamax. This is handled in the POWERSPOTS array in the first script. Alternatively, you can set DMAX_ANYMAP to "true" to enable Dynamaxing on any map.

If it says "There doesn't seem to be anything in the den...", that means the den has already been cleared once, so it needs time to reset. You can manually force the den to reset if you throw in a Wishing Piece, so make sure you have some in your inventory. Or, if you're playing in Debug mode, you can simply hold the CTRL button while accessing the den, and it will force the den to reset.

Years
    • Online now
    So... if for opponent Zmove must name it OppMove:(Zmove name) ?
    I believe the point he was making was that Z-Moves/Max Moves are treated the same as regular moves in this. So however it works for normal moves is the same for these moves. If normal moves use OppMove, then that's probably the same case here.

I don't actually know, because I have no idea how animations even work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Another question, is it possible to disable healing moves/Max Guard for the Dynamaxed opponent in Max Raids? Was just testing out a Flygon raid and it had used Roost, and in SwSh im 99% sure that they shouldn't be able to use healing moves

Years
    • Online now
    Another question, is it possible to disable healing moves/Max Guard for the Dynamaxed opponent in Max Raids? Was just testing out a Flygon raid and it had used Roost, and in SwSh im 99% sure that they shouldn't be able to use healing moves

I purposely gave every Raid Pokemon healing moves (if capable of learning one) to make the raids harder/more interesting, and to ensure that raid Pokemon have access to Max Guard. I didn't replicate movesets as they are in the main series. Mostly because it would be ridiculous to manually code in a moveset for every single species in every possible rank. So I designed the movesets to be automatically created in a much more generalized way based on what made sense to me.

In the Raid Events script, def pbGetMaxRaidMoves is what handles moveset generation. This gives every raid Pokemon one random STAB move, coverage move, spread move, as well as one support/healing move out of all the moves they're compatible with. All the eligible "support" moves are found in the "whitelist" array. This mostly consists of healing moves, stat buffs, or protect moves. Add/Remove the function codes for the moves you want to appear there. You can use the Max Raid Database to view what support moves each particular species may spawn with.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yes.
    Move:BREAKNECKBLITZ, and OppMove:BREAKNECKBLITZ.

I have done adapt animated battler only from EBS bitmap wrapper and I Made it standalone for v18 PE Essentials and Workin'
    And the bad news...this script not compatible with ZUD plugin..
    If You are want to make the script compatible with ZUD, I can give the link of my trhead..
    And I have problem with Size of sprites, too large and make the battler sprites over the game border..
    You can check it if You want to know it.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back