• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD plugin - Z-moves, Ultra-Burst, Dynamax, Dynamax adventures [v18]

Years
  • Put the pbMaxRaid line in the same script as all the stuff above it. You entered them as two different scripts, they should all be together. I tested it, and I dont get this error when it's all entered as a single script entry.

Perfect!

Now works without any problem.

Thanks!

Years
  • I noticed another bug. When you fight with a Pokémon that holds an oran berry, this error messages appears when they use it.

Spoiler:

Making that method as only for read (script ZUD_07) "fixes" the bug, but I'm sure that this isn't the properly solution.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Online now
    I noticed another bug. When you fight with a Pokémon that holds an oran berry, this error messages appears when they use it.

Spoiler:

Making that method as only for read (script ZUD_07) "fixes" the bug, but I'm sure that this isn't the properly solution.

Spoiler:

I don't think I've ever gotten that bug, but if it is, that's a Gen 8 Project problem, not a ZUD problem.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I noticed another bug. When you fight with a Pokémon that holds an oran berry, this error messages appears when they use it.
    Well actually isUnnerved? was deleted between v18.1 and the Gen 8 project (terrible version management).
    Replace battler.isUnnerved? it with !battler.canConsumeBerry? (be careful to include the "?" and the "!")
    EDIT: I updated the file in the download.

Last edited:

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Well actually isUnnerved? was deleted between v18.1 and the Gen 8 project (terrible version management).
    Replace battler.isUnnerved? it with !battler.canConsumeBerry? (be careful to include the "?" and the "!")

Hey friend Can yoy explain me how the raid den resets actually work in slightly detail ?

Years
    • Online now
    Hey friend Can yoy explain me how the raid den resets actually work in slightly detail ?

I'd break it down like this.

Raid Dens have three different "states", which we can call , "Idle", "Active", and "Inactive".
    By default, a den will always be in its Idle state. In this state, it is just an empty den with no species saved and no timer active. It won't change from this state until it's accessed by the player.

When you access an Idle den and save your game, the den now becomes "Active".
    When a den becomes active, a species is determined and saved to that specific den so that it cannot be reset.
    In addition to this, a timer is activated that checks whether the game clock has passed midnight yet.
    The den will remain in its active state until its forced to change to a different state. The state of the den will change depending on a few factors.

If you defeat/capture the species in the den, the den will enter its "Inactive" state.
    In its inactive state, the den is empty and cannot be accessed to generate a new species.
    However, if you have any Wishing Pieces in your inventory, you can use one on an inactive den to change it back to its "Idle" state, so that the cycle can begin again.

If a raid den is left in its Active or Inactive states, it will eventually reset back to its Idle state on its own by checking the game clock. If the game timer has passed midnight, the event will automatically reset itself, and return to its Idle state so that it may be accessed again.

Also, if you're playing in Debug mode, you can ignore all of this simply by holding down the CTRL key to force a den reset when exiting the den screen.

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Basucally what I want to ask is basically when this condition is achieved by default ?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Online now
    Basucally what I want to ask is basically when this condition is achieved by default ?
    Spoiler:

That's the condition that begins a new raid. It will always run as long as the event's Self Switch "B" is turned OFF. Switch B is what toggles between the den being in an Active or Inactive state. The switch is handled in the code itself, not in the event page.

Years
  • Well actually isUnnerved? was deleted between v18.1 and the Gen 8 project (terrible version management).

Fixed. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    That's awesome guys! I'm using it on my game and loving it! I just have one question, how can I create a wild Pokémon battle with a Gygantamax/Dynamax Pokémon?

For normal battles I can do it like this: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::TOTODILE,10) - There's some way to make this TOTODILE a Dynamax?

Years
    • Online now
    That's awesome guys! I'm using it on my game and loving it! I just have one question, how can I create a wild Pokémon battle with a Gygantamax/Dynamax Pokémon?

For normal battles I can do it like this: pbWildBattle(::PBSpecies::TOTODILE,10) - There's some way to make this TOTODILE a Dynamax?

Check out how the raid battle script handles generating dynamaxed wild battles.

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    How would I do a Max Raid Battle similar to the Eternamax Eternatus Battle? Is there a way to set it as a battle rule so I could have a static Max Raid?

Years
    • Online now
    How would I do a Max Raid Battle similar to the Eternamax Eternatus Battle? Is there a way to set it as a battle rule so I could have a static Max Raid?

What do you mean "similar" to the Eternamax battle? Like what specifically are you trying to do?

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    I basically meant a story related max raid, where you can use your party, you can have the max raid be against any pokemon you want, etc. So, like, would there be anything like "pbDyanamax" (Not specifically that obviously but smth like that)

Years
    • Online now
    I basically meant a story related max raid, where you can use your party, you can have the max raid be against any pokemon you want, etc. So, like, would there be anything like "pbDyanamax" (Not specifically that obviously but smth like that)
    I'm still not 100% clear on what exactly you're trying to accomplish. Is it basically just a Max Raid battle, but without the formal intro screen and all that? Or do you mean literally just a regular battle, but versus a Dynamax opponent? Like no special rules? (timer, ko's, shields, etc). Both are pretty easy, but will require making some new code. I think you're probably more likely asking about the second one though, so I'll go based on that.

Basically, you'll have to create a new encounter modification script the same way you would for any other custom event battle. Just make a new game switch to toggle when this happens, like the shiny switch example in PField_EncounterModifiers. In the script, you'll have to set "makeDynamax" on the Pokemon, as well as its Dynamax level/G-Max Factor, if necessary. Then, whenever this switch is turned on, you will only encounter Dynamax Pokemon.

Note they won't have Max Moves, however. For that, you'll have to do some more battle edits. Probably in the battler initialization, set pbDisplayPowerMoves(2) to run when the switch you created is turned on, AND the Pokemon is an opposing Pokemon (so your Pokemon's moves aren't also converted into Max Moves). That should probably work.

Sir William

Chemist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2021
    Hey I have just seen the Dynamax Adventure Test video & that was awesome . Good Job man.

Years
    • She/It/Mew
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Yes, this is exactly what I was asking about, thank you! I'm really sorry for not being more clear.

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Spoiler:

Finally Dream Came True. thanks again *Lucidious89*

Back