• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favourite pokemon move

Zurich

Optimus Prime
Years
  • As the title says, tell me what move you like the most (from each category), and why?

-Physical: Megahorn, a very highly-damaging attack and its great for neutral damage, hiting hard almost everything on its way.
    -Special: Draco Meteor, a very powerful attack and i personally like its D/P design.
    I dont consider the sp.attack drop something bad.
    -Other: Dragon Dance, because i think that boosting Attack and Speed at the same time is something awesome.

Now its your turn!!

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Physical: Earthquake. Everything about it wins, and is totally awesome. :D
    Special: Hidden Power. The importance of it on some Pokemon is enough to make some (like myself) use IV calculators. If you need an IV calculator, yeah, you're an awesome move.
    Other: Swords Dance. Ever since 1st gen, I knew how ridiculously broken SD was. Thank GOD they made it a TM again :D

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
  • I think Focus Punch is my favourite Pokemon move because I think It's the collest move in the Anime. It's also pretty good in the Game if you land it.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • Physical: Close Combat (all-out powerful Fighting type move and great, reliable accuracy)
    Special: Draco Meteor (love the animation in D/P and PBR, amazingly reliable and strong Dragon type move)
    Other: Calm Mind (raises Special Attack and Special Defense, thats very helpful of course and its great overall)

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
  • favorite special move most certainly is physcic and my favorite physical move is extremespeed for sure its like quick attack for legendaries =D and the other would be calm mind cause it makes my favorite move physcic even strong =D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Favorite physical move: Wood hammer, because its about time torterra lobbed logs at pokemon.
    Favorite special move:zap cannon, because the animation and side effect is awesome.
    Favorite other: either mind reader or spore. Mind reader can make one hit KO's the best moves, and spore is just annoying. 100 accuracy for a sleep move is bad for you.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
  • Favorite physical move: Wood hammer, because its about time torterra lobbed logs at pokemon.
    Favorite special move:zap cannon, because the animation and side effect is awesome.
    Favorite other: either mind reader or spore. Mind reader can make one hit KO's the best moves, and spore is just annoying. 100 accuracy for a sleep move is bad for you.

mind reader is pretty awesome one of my old(but sort of cheap) combos was articuno with mind reader and sheer cold very cheap but worked like amgic

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Favorite physical move: Wood hammer, because its about time torterra lobbed logs at pokemon.

Nice one, i agree its very annoying.
    but I am very helpful sleep talk exists. :)

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Physical - Close Combat
    Special - Flamethrower
    Other - Hypnosis

I disregard the 'sleep clause'.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Physical: Sacred Fire.
    (Well, what Pokémon can learn that move? Exactly my point.)

Special: Tri Attack.
    (I'm not really sure why I'm so partial to this particular move. Perhaps it has something to do with it's animation in the second generation games?)

Other: Destiny Bond.
    (Who doesn't like a little divine retribution?)

I think there was a thread already for this. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154784
    (If a mod could merge these, that would be nice :) )
    I do believe that other thread was just for animations, wasn't it?
    Just throwing that out there...

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Pysical: Body Slam. cause in-game i would paralyze the enemy almost every time

Special: i gotta agree with Hiidoran on Tri-Attack.

Other: Curse. two different effects? yea, thats awesome

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Physical - COMET PUNCH: SERIOUSLY? LEDIAN 35 Base Attack, GO!! It's stronger than Tackle when it hits twice AND it hits through Substitute, like a pro! Everyone who wants to seriously battle just HAS to check out this move.

Special - RAZOR WIND: Wow! This move may just be better than Comet Punch! It's like serious ownage. I mean, who's gonna stop a rampaging Absol? No one. Razor Wind is so strong that it needs to charge up a turn, but that's okay since anything that is hit by it is BLOWN AWAY (i c wat i did thar). Everyone is like "OH CRAP! RAZOR WIND, GOTTA SWITCH OUT!" But they're all like "Oh isn't Razor Wind a Flying-type move?" But the joke's on them because whatever gets sent out next is hit by a full 80 POWER 2-TURN CHARGE NORMAL ATTACK!!

Other - MUD SPORT: Oh, who doesn't love rolling around in the mud? And OH BOY! Geodude with Mud Sport? That's like 50% reduction on top of the immunity... That's like... 150% reduction on Electric-type attacks! No Pikachu gonna be hurting my Geodude now.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • I like leech seed- slowly killing your opponent while improving your own health. Double it with some poision powder and it's such an awesome to kill an opponent

DevinRed

Merry Christmas!
    Years
  • Physical: Earthquake Almost everone on my team knows this move!
    Special: Flamethrower Epic win. What more can I say?
    Other: Swords dance/ Curse/ Dragon Dance Up! Up! Up!... POW!!!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Yea, probably. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by my earlier post. Back on the subject! :)

Physical: It's got to be Metal Claw. For some unknown reason.

Special: Tri Attack! :D As mentioned above, in Gen II, it looked way better than it does now, and all those amazing sounds.. *burn burn freeze freeze freeze THUNDERBOLT*. Lovely! :D

Else? Perish Song. A song so sad, that the Pokemon cries themselves to fainting.

Back