• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're promoted!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
If you were promoted (to moderator, super moderator, staff administrator, or for some strange reason administrator??), how would you want it to happen? Would you want to be asked, would you want it to be a surprise and be initiated in through a group conversation, would you want it to just happen?

I would want it to just happen. Any other way takes a lot of the surprise out of it for me, and I would want to keep that. For my super moderator promotion, I knew it was coming because it was done the same way that my moderator promotion was done, in a group converstation. So if I were to be promoted to a staff admin, I would want it to be completely random and just log on one day and see red.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
If I return, am deemed a worthy contender and am offered the position again then I'd say that I'd want it to be a surprise too. :p Things are much more interesting that way. And as much as I love the idea of preserving those promotion PMs for years and stuff, I don't think I'd be as excited if I saw it coming before it actually happened.

Years
I think a PM with a message saying "hey you wanna be a mod?" is just boring, I want to get modded in like a multi-convo, or maybe they could make a joke about me (like they did when Tabor was modded) or even like in Cid's case a few months back, the PC Battle Server. I'd want something that can make me curious yet anticipated at the same time.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I would be surprised pretty much no matter how I'd find out, honestly. I've only been around for a few days short of 7 months, and I only am active in a couple of forums.

But yeah I would just go along with whatever is happening, assuming I accepted the offer.

Years
I'd rather be surprised about a promotion, but at least with some expectation that I was a candidate.

If I were asked, then I could be easily convincing to myself to decline such a position, then later on reject the fact that I declined and feel upset. So that's why I'd rather be surprised :P

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Either way would be fine, but I'd love if it were a surprise the most. I think I'd be a bit more exciting if it happened that way, cause I'd just log on to PC with my name suddenly blue and 20 billion (exaggerating) VMs and PMs. I have a feeling that I'd be somewhat suspicious when being thrown into a random group conversation with a bunch of smods and staff admins. I've heard how staff likes messing with people before they announce they're becoming a mod so it may or may not be as exciting to me. But either way would be a really amazing way to get promoted.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd like to be taken out for a nice romantic candlelit dinner at the Ritz, hear my favourite song come on in the background as I look around to see where my hstaff has gone, and then turn around to see them stood on the stage as they sing the song to me whilst gazing directly into my eyes, before bending down on one knee, taking my hand in theirs, and whispering those sweet nothings that every PC member is dying to hear; "Will you be my moderator?"

Either that, or a VM conversation building up to it like last time was very fun! I loved how I was told masked in an endless list of totally true complements (courtesy of Nick) and I'm vain enough for something like that to be appealing again, though something like a PM saying "Would you like to mod xxx?" would be just as thrilling I think - it was incredibly fun the first time around but I think if it happened again it'd be hard to find the same level of excitement haha.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I would like an e-mail telling me I have been given a job as a mod, I would be very shocked if I was asked to be, after a week of calming myself I would appect the job.

Years
I'd like a helicopter flown directly to my house with every PC staff member. We'd party at my house all night long. I'd also like marching bands parading all around the world, celebrating my PC promotion.

Yes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I would like to be asked to be a mod (either by PM or VM). My primary goal in a Pokemon forum is to one day become a mod, so I can help protect the forums from spammers, bots, trolls, and flamers. I try to find ways that would help me increase my chances such as trying to win an argument against either a well-respected user or another mod.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i would lie on the floor and stare to the ceiling!!.......oh,i won't expect it,i won't ask for it!!! what?? i don't like chasing over things tbh -.-

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If I was promoted to super moderator, I'd definitely prefer to just log in one day to see that I was promoted.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Id prefer to be asked, I wouldnt want it to just happen one day, I want time to decide whether or not I wanted the job.

Years
If I was promoted to super moderator, I'd definitely prefer to just log in one day to see that I was promoted and that's all there is to it.

I'd like to be modded in a way similar to what Dave said here. I'd like to just look at my profile and notice if my name suddenly turned blue or something.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I'd like it to come out of nowhere and to surprise me...I'd freak out for a minute if I logged in and found my name blue one day, but then I'd cry on the inside as I'd have to learn how to be an effective moderator ;-;

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I don't really know. I'd like to just log on and see if my username turned another color, but then again, it wouldn't feel official. I'd like to see a PM, but I don't want to read something too official. A simple "Hey, Hannah. Guess what? You just got modded to Chit Chat & Polls (or Discussions & Debates, The Welcome Lounge, General Entertainment, or maybe Art & Design)" would do.

Years
I want the PM sent to me containing everything as follows, the PM being sent from none other than Captain Fabio himself. The message inside doesn't necessarily have to be from Fabio himself but he is the one I want the PM to come from.
Spoiler:

Don't take this too seriously <3 It's a joke <3

Spoiler:

Any way, being promoted to Super Moderator took me by complete surprise to the point I just sat with my mouth open for a bit. But how would I want it to happen? By surprise. I prefer not being told about it until it happens or it being hinted at.​

Back