• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Do You Describe Your Gaming Area -right now-?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Because we haven't had a thread like this in quite a while, but, what does the area of where you play your video games look right now? Whether it be your room, or the basement, or somewhere else that you play your video games in. Feel free to post pictures, if you'd like! For example, here's mine (large pics alert):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It's nothing special, but, my gaming area right now is decorated with the Fire Emblem figures I've bought the other day. It's pretty cool! Right now you can see me playing the Wii U (cause Tropical freeze is amazing), and not much covers the area around my television, except, again, the figurines. Usually I place my gaming systems on the floor (because they have no where else to gooo), but hopefully I'll get a new shelf soon, where my gaming systems can rest on!

The next pic shows some of my games, some of my manga, and some more figurines. Yeah, it has my Wii Controller, and my Gamecube controller, which I don't usually use most of the time because of the Wii U anyway, except when I'm playing Radiant Dawn or Path of Radience, which yeah, they'll always be there to reach for. The rest of my gaming systems, like the Xbox 360 and the Gamecube are packed on the top shelf of my closet. It's not too dusty there, fortunately!

TY

Image is huge btw xD

Spoiler:

It's actually my room decorated a little with some games (most of them are RTS) and to the side even some APC's (my dad tricked me into believing those came from Tiberian Dawn... never trusting him again -_-). I'm actually playing Renegade X right now cause i have a blast playing this game a lot.

I also could show my PS3 area, but it's busy downstairs so I'm not able to take a pic there D:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Allright, here is my PC setup :3

Image is huge btw xD

Spoiler:

It's actually my room decorated a little with some games (most of them are RTS) and to the side even some APC's (my dad tricked me into believing those came from Tiberian Dawn... never trusting him again -_-). I'm actually playing Renegade X right now cause i have a blast playing this game a lot.

I also could show my PS3 area, but it's busy downstairs so I'm not able to take a pic there D:

Just curious, would that be considered a gaming laptop? If so, what kind is? I'm currently looking to get a computer solely for gaming, but I have no idea what I should be looking at D:

TY

Just curious, would that be considered a gaming laptop? If so, what kind is? I'm currently looking to get a computer solely for gaming, but I have no idea what I should be looking at D:

Unfortunately this isn't a gaming laptop :(
    I am saving up for one though, and if you look for one you may want to build a PC, because no premade PC has the optimal stuff for games. The things you should look at are the RAM it has (12GB or more would be excellent), the video card and resolution. Also harddrive space may be helpful.

Years
    My gaming area is my bedroom, primarily my desk as that's where my PC is setup. I have a single LCD monitor and speakers probably as old the house hooked up to the PC, as I'm cheap about that stuff. The meat of my system is inside the case, though it's not much by today's standards anymore.

Anyway, back to the gaming area. My desk alternates between cluttered with papers and completely clean. My bedroom alternates between total disaster and managed clutter, because I really don't have enough places to put all my important papers and such. I have a nice expensive gaming mouse and a cheap, lightweight keyboard on a keyboard tray that hangs underneath the top of my desk, at the height that I need it at for my swivel chair. Across the room is my TV, which has my 3 consoles (Xbox 360, PS2, and GameCube) and satellite TV receiver hooked up to it. To use that, I either sit in my swivel chair or on my bed, which makes a halfway decent couch. Above the Xbox on the wall are shelves that hold a lot of collectibles, including some Halo 3 and Pokemon merchandise. My console games fill a standalone wire DVD rack I have, and also occupy some space on my bookshelves next to the PC game cases that I am still in possession of (most of my PC gaming collection is tucked away in multi-CD binders with the keys for those stashed in pockets at the front and rear of those binders). I have a 10 year old, lightly used Microsoft joystick for my PC somewhere for when I feel like playing MotoRacer, but it rarely sees any use.

https://rog.asus.com/

Should give you an idea. ASUS has some of the most reasonably priced dedicated gaming laptops out there, I've found. Though it's dramatically cheaper up front to build a desktop dedicated to it yourself, and it's easier, quicker, and cheaper to repair a desktop if something goes wrong with a hardware component than a laptop, whether you built it yourself or bought a pre-built desktop. If you're ordering a prebuilt or a custom built one, you'll probably wanna get its specs vetted out over in the Tech & Internet section before you order it, since there's a fair few techheads over there now. though an alarming number of them are Intel loyalists

I built my own PC for around $500 to $600 in early 2010, and I can get you the specs later just to give you an idea of what would be a basic gaming PC for this day and age.

Years
    My TV and PS3, along with my charging 3DS are set in the alcove in my room along with a couple other items >>;; As for my desk area, I don't have a dedicated custom PC as of right now, but at least I have the monitor for when the time comes :D I'm currently using it for schoolwork. And my games are nicely stacked into a shelf, but I have Bravely Default, my 3DS games and the Limited Editions of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix also on my desk to show them off :3

Spoiler:

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    Currently I only have my PC set up. A modest desk that usually has a drawing tablet and a US Beatmania controller on it. I put all my clutter on a small plastic table that sits to the left of my chair, as well as my microphone.

Spoiler:

Yukari

Messy, disorganized, disaster area, all these and many more words accuratly describe my bed/gaming room. And I don't even have a Ps3, Xbox360 or any other new console either... I feel like I HAVE to organize the files and programs on my PC and my games and memorabilia and all that good stuff, but my room is the definition of disorganized... Ironic really, and I don't have room for half of what's in my room. but yeah, that's my game room...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My gaming area is just the living room. That's where we have all our game stations, and comfy couches. Even if I'm playing on my laptop, I'll sit in my specific spot in the corner. It's funny, each of my siblings have a specific spot. My twin sits in the opposite corner as me, and my older brother sits on the end of the couch between us. I think we've even worn down the couches in those specific spots. XD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I have a 52 inch TV in the entry room to my house with all of my systems hooked up to it (as much as I can) and I have a little rocker thing that I feel like an old man trying to get into.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    My gaming area is in a corner of my bedroom. I have a gaming cabinet divided into two sections and a drawer, with the TV sitting on top. One section of the cabinet is for the Gamecube and all corresponding games, controllers, and peripherals. The second section is for the Wii and its games and controllers. The drawer contains all my handheld systems, games, peripherals, and assorted other things like extra screen protectors. I'm eventually going to buy an old PS2, and when that happens, the Wii and Gamecube will be forced to share the same section in order to make room.

However, I keep my laptop in the living room and do all PC gaming from there.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Describe my gaming area? Messy.

But if I were to be serious, a glass, 2 level desk for my Razer keyboard and mouse, monitor etc... With my custom built tower under it on a tan rug with a brown boarder. From where I'm sitting, there's a shelf to my left that has several gaming collectibles and other nic-naks, such as the Halo: Reach statue, a head crab, a (properly) folded USMC flag and some other junk. Ive got a nice Cannon printer for convenient foot rest, and a heater because I live in a damn ice box.

Even more to the left is a rather large flat screen (that I got for free) Xbox 360, Xbox one, various games for both. There's an old couch, and another rug.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    A cold yet cozy blend between messy and organized comes to mind. A few things lay scattered about but I know exactly where everything is in there.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Feel free to post pictures, if you'd like!

Shouldn't have told me that. I love to share. :P

My whole room is my set-up. It's a little messy (who actually tries to hide wires? not me), but I try to keep it organized. I get teased because the game shortcuts on my desktop and the games on my shelf are all in alphabetical order. It's also super comfortable and wonderful and.. perfect? I am definitely biased this time, since it was built for me, by me (and parents). <3

We'll go with my PC first and slowly move to the left. Could definitely use a new desk, lol. I had to put my monitor on top of my mobo box because it was too low for me. It's still a little low, but it's the best I'm getting for the time being. I'm usually on my couch anyway, so it's not a big deal.
    Daddy's super sweet, though, he's gonna build me one as soon as we figure out what we want it to look like. He has neat tools, so it'll be pretty and I'll finally have room for my second monitor. :3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Onward to consoles.
    There's a 360 Slim, Gamecube, and PS2 there with my 42" tv. My Slim has since crapped out on me, so I've got my old Elite hooked up now and a Slim waiting to be fixed.
    Should probably get on that so dad can have the Elite back downstairs on his tv.

Best picture I could find. :v

Spoiler:

My old Gameboy Color is on the game shelf. My N64 and Dreamcast are in storage (ie, closet) but their games are still on the shelf.. and in the shoebox at the bottom..
    I could also use a larger shelf for my games.. dad didn't think I'd fill out the one he made for me. Granted, there's also movies and PC games on it right now, but even if I moved those it's still not quite big enough for all the loose piles I have on the floor and on the shelves in my closet. They need a nice home, too, ya know? :c

Spoiler:

And lastly. Cat gaming. She really likes to help and I can't help but share her efforts.

Spoiler:

That's it. Nothing fancy, but it's super comfy and it gets the job done. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    My god, you people are so tidy. None of my games are in the right cases (if they're in a case at all), and I don't even know where half of the cases are anymore. There's a small stack by my desk and a stack behind the sofas, and the rest are spread out around the house. I usually just stick to digital downloads now.

I don't really have a designated gaming area, but I guess I mostly play at my desk. If I'm playing on a handheld console I'll move around the house, from my bed to the couch or back at my desk. PC games at my desk, and my 360 is in the living room.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Messy. :D My gaming area is basically just my desk since I'm a PC gamer, which is the same desk I use for work, eating, and basically everything else during my day, so as you can probably guess it's a huge mess! I don't mind much though, I only tend to focus on the screen when I'm playing (what else would you look at?) so the mess doesn't bother me much at all, permitting I have space to move.

Back