• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event - Smash Bros: PC Edition (OOC - Finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Smash Bros: PC Edition
gimmepi_zpsihbvdhnj.png

Event inspired by the Smash Bros. franchise. Image from Rodolfo Guerreiro

Welcome!

"Greetings roleplayers of the Pokecommunity! We are the Watchers, the omnipresent observers of the universe and we seek entertainment! We have stolen your favourite characters and taken them to the fabled island of Smash where they shall fight for our amusement or else we shall not return them to the stories from which they originated."

The Watchers are a strange, omnipotent race that watches the world for their own enjoyment. Lately though, things have gotten dull for them so they've decided they have to do something about that. They have kidnapped your favourite characters and only you can help return them to the stories in which they belong!

How can you that you ask? That's easy. As your character's creator and writer you need to use your imagination to guide them across the island of Smash through posts in the IC section. Your favourite character will have to fight against and alongside the characters of other roleplayers in an all out skirmish where the more creative and entertaining a battle is, the more it will improve your standing with The Watchers and give your character a chance to escape back to the roleplay they belong in.

The Island of Smash

Smash is a strange island that floats in the midst of space-time surrounded by a haze of nothingness. The island is covered in thick foliage, the oldest of the trees being as thick as skyscrapers and equally as tall. You could build houses on them if you really wanted. A mountain range stretches beyond the reach of even those trees, rising out of the center of the island, the tallest of them a blazing active volcano. Throughout the island you can find raging rivers, dazzling waterfalls and the ancient ruins of buildings built by the warrior race that once lived on Smash.

There is no day or night on Smash, only a bizarre and untraceable half-light that seems to emit from no source. It is as though Smash is surrounded by an eternal sunset.

How to Escape

To escape Smash you must win the favour of The Watchers by providing them with the most entertaining and creative battles between your characters as you can. You will earn points for every post you make with your points representing your favour with The Watches. The roleplayer that wins the event is the one whose character earns enough favour with The Watchers to escape. Your points are determined by the following system

Single Post (ie. Travelling alone to another part of the island) – One Point
Joint Post (ie. Two characters arranging a truce) – Two Points
Battle Post (ie. A joint post in which your characters fight it out) – Four Points
Creativity Bonus – A score of 1-10 points is added to each battle post by each of the Watchers.
Balance Bonus – At the end of the event, each Watcher will also add an additional score of 1-30 points to each person's total score based upon how fairly the roleplayer has played in regards to their character's power.​

Character Types

For the sake of convenience, we have separated characters into four categories.

Pokemon – For the sake of balancing, you will not be allowed to play characters that are pokemon trainers. However you will be able to play as a pokemon character who was either caught and used by one of your trainer characters or who is a standalone character from a pokemon PoV roleplay (ie. Oddessy or PMD).

Human (1) – Human beings in this category are those that do not have any special powers. For the sake of balancing these characters will be allowed to carry weaponry so long as it is something they have used in the RP they originated from (ie. Human characters from War Between Pokemon and Humans)

Human (2) – These are human beings that do possess special abilities (Ie. Gifted from Fragmented). For the sake of balancing they will be allowed only limited weaponry such as melee weapons or possibly none if The Watchers deem it would be unfair.

Non-Human – Characters that are neither pokemon nor human. Balancing for these characters will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Note: Character's from Reapers: Keepers of the Balance, Escape and dragons from Fargona are banned since by nature they outclass other competitors. Legendary pokemon or other deity-like characters are banned for similar reasons.

The Watchers

In this event, the judges will play the part of The Watchers. Judges will not be able to participate in actual Roleplaying but will be required to keep up to date with all the posts in the RP in order to give their bonus points. Below are the list of Watchers

1. Gimmepie
  2. Magic
  3. ???

Rules

For the sake of fairness and enjoyment, rules have been determined. We ask that you make very effort to abide by these rules otherwise you will no longer be eligible to take part in the event.

1. Do not godmod and do not bunny other people's characters (if you do not understand these terms make sure you check up on RPC rules)
2. Be respectful OOC
3. Nobody on Smash can die in the usual sense, any character that dies is simply respawned elsewhere on the island.
4. You cannot teleport around the island (unless that is an ability of your character). This means that travel posts are required if you intend to move around to other areas on the island or that travel must be included in other posts.
5. Don't argue with The Watchers​

Sign-Up

Considering the slightly different nature of this event, you will not be required to fill a traditional sign up. You just need to fill out the form below and then include a link to the original SU for that character. During this event consider your character as part of an alternative timeline to their original roleplay, not all RP scenarios have to be treated as canon.

Character Name:
Original Roleplay:
Character Type:

Note: Unlike some events, you will need to wait for one of the Watchers to accept your sign-up. This is so we can double check to make sure everything is balanced however we don't see this really becoming an issue.

Accepted Players

Participants in this event will each receive an emblem for their effort. The winner and runner-up will also each receive a special emblem for their success.

1. Gelius3 as Sneasel (Pokemon Earth and Sky: Return to Lethia)
2. Cayo as Flame (Trumpets: A Hoenn RP)
3. Logical Cabbage as Delare (Darkrai's Night of Terror)
4. Veevee as Vincent "Lord Emburn" Havanikoe (Magical Aura Gijinka Saviours)
5. Varys the Galvantula as Willard Welm (Tales of Altaria)
6. Grimace as Sang Glass (Lunea's Veil - A Dark Pokemon Tale)
7. ANARCHit3cht as Eris (Beyond the Gods)
8. Rune Alchemist as Velvette Haziel (The Gijinka Project)
9. Necrum as Sovereign (Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning)
10. Nakuzami as Ophelia Olette Young (Cross my HEART)
11. Oddball as Riley (Begin Again)
12. Callandor as Zephaniah Xylon (Lancaster School of Battle)
13. Dream or Destruction as Layfe (Sekirei: Wings of Fate)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Okay this sounds cute, but I'm going to need some time to select a character. :3
After going back through a few of my characters from the last year or two, I've decided on one, lol.

Character Name: Ian James Clorman
Original Roleplay: Cross My Heart
Character Type: Human (2)

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Character Name: Vincent "Lord Emburn" Havanikoe
Original Roleplay: Magical Aura Gijinka Saviors
(He does not have his Pokeon team for THIS roleplay)
Character Type: Human 2

I literally only had one other non-Pokemon Trainer character that I actually considered for this, ("Revor" the Larvitar) but that roleplay died out and it would be kinda odd to use him.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I knew people had brought this sort of thing up in the RPD in the past, but I didn't expect it to actually happen! Looks very interesting, although I'm a bit bummed I can't use Luka even though it's only fair. I'll figure something out.

On another note, I'm a bit curious as to why Fargona characters are banned. If the tamer came to Smash with their dragon bond I'd understand, but from what I gather, without it they're just normal humans with minimal magical ability, which I figure would go under "Human (2)". Sure, they might be able to communicate emotions with their dragon, but I don't think that would help them very much in Smash if the dragon isn't even there.

Years
Okay this sounds cute, but I'm going to need some time to select a character. :3

Glad you're interested, I look forward to seeing which of your 200000000 characters you use xD

Everyone who has posted an SU is accepted.
Keep 'em coming! xD

Edit: Sorry Geras I was writing this when you posted! Sorry about Luka, he's a great character, but like you said it really wouldn't be fair to include him. As for the Fargona thing, we actually were considering having it so only the dragons couldn't be present. I think I might have to look into that now.

Years
Announcement

Having just looked into it, and having considered it earlier with Magic, we will now be allowing those who are interested to play as non-dragon characters from Fargona. Without their dragons these are basically just sorcerers who fit the Human(2) category.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
OFC I WILL BE HERE (but so few choices. I would like to RP as Willard Welm but since it is not yet accepted, ughhh

BUTTT Can I use a character that was used by miltankRancher? It's my alt account before way back.

Character Name: Willard Welm
Original Roleplay: Tales of Altaria
Character Type: Human 2

Consider this as a WIP. If ever I get accepted in Altaria, I will be using my character there. :)

Last edited:
Years
Yeah, I know it was you so it's all good :)
Just so you know, if you use that character she won't have access to any weaponry outside of her attacks. Accepted pending a change of character.

jombii

Years
That is totally fine with me. But, I'll change if possible. Willard Welm seems a better option.

jombii

Years
I changed my character since I apparently got accepted in ToA. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Um...I kindove want to do this, but I've never role played before. How would I go about selecting a character if I've never made a character before? It seems like a lot of of people just used one of their past characters from an old RP.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
Eeeh. I know the rules clearly state no pokémon trainers, but would it be acceptable to use them stripped of their pokémon?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I changed my character since I apparently got accepted in ToA. :)

kk!

Eeeh. I know the rules clearly state no pokémon trainers, but would it be acceptable to use them stripped of their pokémon?

I'm sure it'll be alright if with Gimme if I allow this :). Since a Pokémon trainer without their pokémon is just... human.

Um...I kindove want to do this, but I've never role played before. How would I go about selecting a character if I've never made a character before? It seems like a lot of of people just used one of their past characters from an old RP.

I'm afraid that is the purpose of this event :( to participate you need to be in (or have been in) at least one roleplay.

Years
Blah, oh well - thanks for the heads up!

You could always just join an RP since you like writing so much :P

Kewlies. Time to dig up an old character, then!

Character Name: Sang Glass
Original Roleplay: Lunea's Veil - A Dark Pokémon Tale
Character Type: Human (1) - No access to pokémon for the purposes of this roleplay.

I don't mind accepting you under that condition Grimace, but I am curious as to how your character is going to fight without access to his pokemon. Does he carry a weapon? If there's anything you feel we should do for the sake of balancing let us know so we can consider it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back