• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did you train your Beldum?

Years
In Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, after the player enters the Hall of Fame, Steven will leave a Beldum and a note for the player at his house in Mossdeep City.

Did you guys train your Beldum? Was it useful to your team.

I personally didnt. It came too late. I mean it was the end of the game. Not like there was something I could beat with it important for the story anyway lol.

Years
The Beldum was decent, but it was such a hassle to train up in these games, and in RS there wasn't much else to do with it. But in Emerald I remember training it up to use it in the Battle Frontier, since it had such great stats as a Metagross and could use quite a few moves. It does have a pretty boss design though.

Years
I tried training it since Metagross was awesome and overpowered but it took ages to get it to evolve. Was so very painful leveling it up with how awful of a moveset it had until it reached its final form, thank goodness for Exp. Share though?? :( But once it's fully-evolved all the suffering pays off and it's insanely useful. Thank you Steven. <3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, I got mine in Sapphire and was like "holy shit level 5 that's too much work" so instead I started a Steel monotype in my Ruby (and this was before I even knew it was CALLED a monotype lmao #born2challenge) and traded over the Beldum to use for the Steel mono. :) His name is STEVEN and I still have him to this day! He's around level...75 I wanna say. I don't like getting my Pokemon to 100 lol.

Edit: I should clarify that STEVEN is supposed to be all caps. I wasn't excited about it...it was a dark time, don't judge me.

Sirfetch’d

Of course! It it was a Hoenn mon you can bet I used it ;D I loved using Beldum. Even though it was post game and a pain to train, it was a really cool Pokemon to use. I can't remember what I named mine but I actually used it a ton!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 31, 2015
Oh yeah! This is one of my favorite Gen 3 pokemon. I wanted a Metagross so bad, and was pleasantly shocked when I found a Beldum lying on Steven's table. I evolved it, nicknamed it MetaBOSS, and it serves me well in the Battle Frontier.

Leveling up a Pokemon is always a boring PITA, but I find the fastest way is to keep it first in your party with the exp. share and repeatedly switch out and thrash the Elite Four until you start drooling from the boredom.

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
Same as OP, I didn't train it simply because it came too late. I usually don't do any training after the game ends. Trying to catch the Beldum up to the rest of my team would have been a hassle.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
It came so late in the game that I generally didn't bother. By that point, I usually have a pretty solid team, and going back to grind for another 5 hours just interrupts the flow of the game.

Years
I did obtain Beldum but never trained it because I couldn't stand having to go through so many levels knowing just Take Down.

Years
I was at the point where I didn't feel like training new Pokemon, but I gave it a try, since I wanted Metagross for dex.

Years
I was looking for a beldum from the start and was so overjoyed when I saw it in Stevens house that I straightaway removed a member in my team and started training it! I can guarantee that my success in the battle frontier is solely dye to metagross!My every other pokemon used to be countered in the semi finals/ finals of the various facilities there except metagross!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
I mostly just remember being super annoyed that Beldum was just dropped in so late in the post-game, it's not like there were many big battles left to be won by that point... I did keep mine though, trained it until it evolved into Metang and then it got forgotten in one of my PC boxes, lol.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I never even bothered with it. Picked it up, straight into the box. Beldum arrived far too late in the game to do something with it...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
I never used it much as a kid, but on my recent playthrough it helped a lot in Ruby's Battle Tower. (Which I had never bothered with until now) It knows Rest, Iron Defense, Sludge Bomb, and Earthquake, and its name is Gargantula

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I trained the one in Emerald, as it can be quite useful in Battle Frontier. While it's sorta pointless do so in Ruby and Sapphire. :(

It would be better if Beldum was given around 5th/6th Gym.

Years
I'm late but as they say ''Better late than never'', right? I agree with you, it came a bit late but a gave it a try as i wanted to complete every entry in my pokedex - which luckily after a lot of time, i did. As it leveled up, i found it really interesting and strong so i never left it out of my team. It helped a lot in Battle Frontier, especially, as it is quite a bit of a challenge, isn't it? It took quite the time to fully level it up but don't regret. It was more than worth it.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
No, it was pretty much too late but I did like getting the Beldum and all. :) A nice touch to the story.
Even if I had planed my team around getting it, it would just take way to long to train him at that point >_<

Years
It's too bad that you have to wait until the postgame to receive the Beldum, since at least as far as Ruby and Sapphire are concerned, there isn't a whole lot to do, so training it is a bit useless (which is why I never bothered with mine). Still, it was a nice touch to the story, and it was given the added benefit of being useful in the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I think if they had given it you earlier, it would be worth but, no I didn't. Although, I do see why they gave it to you post-game seeing as Metagross was a pretty nice powerhouse. The only real reason I see putting the effort to raising it, would be for the Battle Frontier in Emerald.

Back